2009.12.09 SA Motions filed - LDB Slams Defense, JJ Protective Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is much like the defense's argument that they are too busy working the murder trial to prep for the check fraud trial. I loved, loved, loved the Prosecutor when he took to the podium, I am paraphrasing here, he said your Honor, they are arguing two things , one of which is " We're too busy", let's start with that one, judge we are all busy. I have at least 80-100 other cases on my desk at any given moment. Professor Lyons still teaches and lectures full time, so she hasn't given up her day job and devoted herself full time to the Casey A. case, and even Mr. Baez has taken on many new clients since the inception of this case, indeed MANY OF THEM SINCE THE TIME THE STATE REINSTATED THE REQUEST FOR THE DEATH PENALTY. That argument is a farce.

Miss Drane B. surely mopped the floor with them on their motion to dismiss, I believe she too used the word farce. If you didn't know this was very serious, it would seem like as silly SNL skit about a new lawyer making colossal missteps.

It is much like the defense's argument that they are too busy working the murder trial to prep for the check fraud trial. I loved, loved, loved the Prosecutor when he took to the podium, I am paraphrasing here, he said your Honor, they are arguing two things , one of which is " We're too busy", let's start with that one, judge we are all busy. I have at least 80-100 other cases on my desk at any given moment. Professor Lyons still teaches and lectures full time, so she hasn't given up her day job and devoted herself full time to the Casey A. case, and even Mr. Baez has taken on many new clients since the inception of this case, indeed MANY OF THEM SINCE THE TIME THE STATE REINSTATED THE REQUEST FOR THE DEATH PENALTY. That argument is a farce.

Miss Drane B. surely mopped the floor with them on their motion to dismiss, I believe she too used the word farce. If you didn't know this was very serious, it would seem like as silly SNL skit about a new lawyer making colossal missteps.

bbm

Awesome! Jose Baez as Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer!

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2009/01/ERW UNFROZEN CAVEMAN LAWYER.jpg

I want justice for this little Angel!!!! Let's all pray for the truth to prevail tomorrow.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H830Xer26ic&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Not sure when this King episode aired, but am assuming that Kathy R never actually got around to examining the skeleton since LDB motion states that no expert has requested at any point to view evidence (with the exception of Dr Lee car incident).

Is it possible that CA/GA gave Kathy R permission to view and test the skeleton when the remains were turned over to the Anthony's (for burial/cremation, etc services...)?

IIRC JB was holding onto Caylee's remains for some time before they were finally released to the A's and cremated. There was talk of KC holding out to control the remains. During that time it would not surprise me if the Defense experts examined the remains surreptiously. I do seem to remember, once again after a lot of protesting and blustering, someone stating that there was nothing to 'autopsy' given she was skeletonized. There was no examination of any merit done.

Interesting commentary by Richard Hornsby regarding the experts:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4547369"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Legal Q&A for Rhornsby #2[/ame]

I know this isn't productive...but after seeing this video again, I just have to say I hate her...I really do hate her.

Ha, I do think it's funny that she says in that video that the person she's "not seen the longest and the person she's most disconnected from" is... GA.

So fake. The fakiest faker in Faketown.. IMO.

Thanks for posting that video. I listened and couldn't believe what I was hearing. Basically, it's all about Casey, all the time. Then when she was whining because she doesn't have anybody to comfort her.......give me a break. Maybe if Casey hadn't injected that little angel and put her in a trash bag she would have someone to comfort her.
This whole family just makes me "absolutely" sick.

IIRC JB was holding onto Caylee's remains for some time before they were finally released to the A's and cremated. There was talk of KC holding out to control the remains. During that time it would not surprise me if the Defense experts examined the remains surreptiously. I do seem to remember, once again after a lot of protesting and blustering, someone stating that there was nothing to 'autopsy' given she was skeletonized. There was no examination of any merit done.

IIRC, a Michigan forensic pathologist (who was the father of a younger pathologist on NG) went down shortly after Christmas to examine the remains. I don't remember what episode his son mentioned this on, but it was on or around this past January because NG was making a big deal about how unsecured the remains seemed to be in that strip mall funeral home.

I've mentioned this before here, and can't verify it's true, but it always made sense to me. A female was on a another blog last year between Christmas and New Years and she said she worked in the funeral home and that the remains had already been released. She said she couldn't give a lot of info because her boss would fire her, but that the remains had already been examined and were not cremated. She said if the remains of small children are skeletonized, they are often just pulverized. She gave some additional info that made me think she was legit and was very polite, but she was attacked so badly by the other posters that she just left the board. I couldn't think of a reason she would make that up; it just made sense for some reason. This was before the NG episode, when everyone was wondering when the second "autopsy" was going to occur, so the pathologist above actually verified her story. I don't know if it's true, but it makes more sense than a lot of the speculation that swirled around the story. And it certainly explains why security didn't need to be high if the remains had already been released. I also remember that JB and the Anthony family were strangely quiet about whether the remains had or had not been released formally.

Here's a question, and I hope it's not too stupid, but I'm wondering about defense experts examining the remains, the car, etc.

Do defense experts have to follow some sort of chain-of-custody protocol or documentation? Is that why the SA knows that the experts haven't looked at stuff? I mean, once G & C had formal custody of the remains, could defense experts just come to wherever and look at the remains and make official findings? Seems weird to me.

Wasn't he on Nancy Grace propagating the pizza lie - saying he didn't know where the maggots came from - that it could have been pizza or food?

Yeppers. I think he also started talking about ham and cheese being in the car. Possibly a fingernail.;)

Yes , it does. "Our experts are beyond the age of technology": Jose Baez
Who among us believes that these world reknown experts, Dr Lee, Dr. Baden, et al, are not up with current technology? What in the world does Beaz think he is doing standing up in open court making these highly sought after , very expensive, experts in their field out to be not capable of understanding modern technology? Why didn't he just say that the restraints of not being able to print the photos makes side by side comparisons impossible, or something to that effect? Why ridicule the team?. Good Lord, you just can't make this stuff up. If you were instructing new law students of what not to do..........you would have hit the jackpot with his behavior in this case , his poorly prepared documents, my favorite is his confidential agreement with Leonard, Tracy and Dick, letting Todd stand up in open court and say that the defense has proof that the body was placed there after Casey went to jail, nearly each and every one of the pleadings is legally flawed, he can't even behave in a depostion, and please don't get me started on all of his TV appearances, in some of which he admits that his client lied. Do any of you think that she is going to ever get an appeal based on ineffective counsel? I am not asking to be a smart alec, I am seriously asking.
Who is Jose Baez?"

http://www.wesh.com/news/17030505/detail.html

http://www.baezlawfirm.com/
I wonder who they had to resurrect for this job. The way he makes it sound these experts are older than dirt.

Is LDB going to be at this hearing? I thought there was one where she let the court know she wasn't able to appear.

IIRC, a Michigan forensic pathologist (who was the father of a younger pathologist on NG) went down shortly after Christmas to examine the remains. I don't remember what episode his son mentioned this on, but it was on or around this past January because NG was making a big deal about how unsecured the remains seemed to be in that strip mall funeral home.

I've mentioned this before here, and can't verify it's true, but it always made sense to me. A female was on a another blog last year between Christmas and New Years and she said she worked in the funeral home and that the remains had already been released. She said she couldn't give a lot of info because her boss would fire her, but that the remains had already been examined and were not cremated. She said if the remains of small children are skeletonized, they are often just pulverized. She gave some additional info that made me think she was legit and was very polite, but she was attacked so badly by the other posters that she just left the board. I couldn't think of a reason she would make that up; it just made sense for some reason. This was before the NG episode, when everyone was wondering when the second "autopsy" was going to occur, so the pathologist above actually verified her story. I don't know if it's true, but it makes more sense than a lot of the speculation that swirled around the story. And it certainly explains why security didn't need to be high if the remains had already been released. I also remember that JB and the Anthony family were strangely quiet about whether the remains had or had not been released formally.

That was probably Werner Spitz who I mentioned in my previous post. He's out of Michigan. It's the right time frame too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member