2010.04.08 - Tommy's polygraph (1)

1) Do we have confirmation from a reliable source that the poly eventook place? I ask because if the attorney and he have parted ways it could be because Tommy backed out altogether and made the attorney look like an idiot (had it all set up at Tommy's request and then bailed at the 11th hour).

2) If Tommy took it and failed, the attorney, while still remaining his counsel on the existing criminal charges, may have stepped aside because a capital murder case is the biggest deal in criminal law. Just because an attorney feels compentent to represent someone in a lessor felony matter does not mean he feels ready to take on a case such as Haleigh's.

3) I do not believe Tommy took the poly and passed. While some have pointed out that would be reason for the attorney to step aside on the Haleigh matter, it would not make any sense to do so UNTIL having shouted that passed poly from the rooftops, thereby removing suspicion from his client. In other words, why quit because you aren't necessary without first letting the world know "hey, I'm not necessary here"?

It will be interesting to see what sort of confirmation comes in about the info. So far, the article (all due respect AH) seems long on speculation and short on fact.

I have always wondered about Tommy because of RC and the headless rat. What did TC know to get the warning? How the heck can druggies keep secrets???

I have always wondered about Tommy because of RC and the headless rat. What did TC know to get the warning? How the heck can druggies keep secrets???

Sorry that I did not stay on topic. If Tommy passed his LD and it was not announced then I think it's being used to shake up Misty.

I wonder if he even took the test. I don't think there's any way he would pass questions concerning Haleigh, so taking that test would be a DUMB move-legally speaking. (Misty, anyone???). Regardless of his amount of involvement, he knows something, (headless rat), & if a test would exonerate him, common sense dictates that he would've taken one @ the get go. Tommy is big time desperate to get outof jail. I think he has sat there & convinced himself that he could fool the machine-because that one little thing is all that stands between him & freedom. Also, texts for the most part, are cryptic little devils. I write them all of the time, & make it a point to use as few words & letters as possible. Something may have gotten lost in the translation. But the fact that the attorney chose to 'text it' (such a detached form of communicating), is very telling. It seems that he wants to distance himself from Haleigh. Maybe he's thinking, 'they don't pay me enough, to go down that road'.

~Respectfully Snipped~

I really really want to know which sources and if it's really true that Joe has been cleared and how they did it if they did.

I realize this is not definitive, nor is it absolute, but "not a suspect" and "ruled out" combined is more than any player in this case has received from LE with the exception of the a/c man:

A man who visited Haleigh Cummings' family in Satsuma and returned to Tennessee the day she disappeared is not a suspect, police said Saturday as the frustrating search for the missing 5-year-old continued.

Capt. Dick Schauland of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office told reporters during an afternoon briefing that the man, a cousin of Haleigh's father's girlfriend, was interviewed after detectives learned of him early in the investigation and was subsequently ruled out.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...cousin_not_a_suspect_in_haleigh_cummings_case

i jsut wonder though, if polys aren't admissible in court, and LE uses them as "tools" would LE be able to subpoena them? would that be considered evidence in LE's eyes? How does that work?

It would be considered "work product" and covered by attorney-client privilege. No way LE would get their hands on the results of a private poly (unless it was offered up voluntarily).

For example, TES offered up Misty's results (when she took the poly & voice analysis), but those were not set up by HER attorney, and were not covered by attorney-client privilege.

To Leonard Padilla, bounty hunter, who offered to bond Croslin out of jail, joining us out of Sacramento via Skype.

Hello, Leonard Padilla. Leonard, let me ask you a question.

LEONARD PADILLA, BOUNTY HUNTER, OFFERED TO BOND MISTY CROSLIN OUT OF JAIL: How are you doing, Nancy?

GRACE: I`m fine. Tommy Croslin reportedly looking for somebody to pay for his polygraph. What do you make of his declaring he wants a polygraph as it relates to Misty Croslin`s handwritten letter that he was in the home standing over Haleigh the night she disappeared?

PADILLA: I had several discussions with Tommy as well as family members, and I said I`d be willing to help out. But it has to be somebody that I would refer him to. And that would be Jack Tramarko.

I`ve contacted Jack Tramarko. Jack Tramarko contacted his wife and also the investigator on the case. And the other stipulation was that it would be a public polygraph, it would not be a polygraph where the defense attorney administers it and then if he doesn`t like the results it doesn`t get released.

Now that`s where I stand with Tommy as far as a polygraph. And I believe that Tramarko`s on board with me as far as doing it.

GRACE: Yes, Tramarko`s got an excellent reputation as a polygrapher.

http://157.166.255.31/TRANSCRIPTS/1003/26/ng.01.html

That's exactly what I thought when I read this, Em. I think IF it's true that Tommy's lawyer is not representing him in the Haleigh case, it's because Tommy had no involvement. There would be no need to represent him if he is innocent in any wrong doing concerning Haleigh. The lawyer is still representing him for his other crimes, so the lawyer didn't drop him altogether, only concerning the Haleigh case. That tells me...He must've passed his LDT and the lawyer saw no need to continue with it.

That's the way it reads to me too. I can't imagine his lawyer representing him in some criminal cases, but not all. Makes no sense. Or it could be lawyer speak, and since TC hasn't been charged with anything regarding Haleigh, he is not represented for anything regarding Haleigh.
I do find the last statement in the article interesting.

When I asked Werter about the upcoming polygraph he scheduled last week, he told me, “It’s a perfect time for Tommy to clear the air.”

We have to look at when these tapes were made and when Tommy took this LDT this past week, don't we? What is the date on these tapes?

We have to look at when these tapes were made and when Tommy took this LDT this past week, don't we? What is the date on these tapes?

Good question. My post came from a transcript of NG. Here's the date and show title. Only 2 weeks ago.

NANCY GRACE

Misty Croslin Reportedly Flunks Another Polygraph

Aired March 26, 2010 - 20:00:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

There are supposed to be more phone calls coming out.

I hope if a test was given, LE was involved enough, to request certain questions. I see this test as a way to finally get some concrete answers. Instead of broad questions, I hope they asked for some detail. I don't think knowing that Tommy is hiding something, is gonna help. LE needs to know exactly what he's hiding. If he did pass, we have a right to know. They made sure that we knew that he wanted to take one, was gonna take one, wanted to clear the air...if he didn't pass, we have a right to know that too. It isn't right to dangle information to manipulate the media or public, & then disregard our need for a follow up, when things don't go as orchestrated. If he decided to not take the test, let us know that too-for the same reasons, as above. Also, I'm not buying Lindsey's 'in the dark' explanation. That test is too important to their family, & has been too publicized. When I say, 'pass the test', I mean, walk away with no involvement or knowledge. But, being truthful is a different story. Maybe he told the truth, & it exonerates himself of involvement, but implicates Ron & Misty. Maybe he, Lindsey, etc..have been told by LE to clam up. Now, that would be good news. Somebody finally being forthcoming with the TRUTH.

IF LP was involved in the poly, I'm certain he told Tommy and Lindsy not to discuss this over the phone, or in a jail house visit. He has probably been in contact with Lindsy, and she know how it all came out. He has provided Hank and Lisa with a car, a cell phone and a place to stay. He bought Lindsy a computer, and who knows what else. He has asked for the rights to the LDT. (per AH web site) He has said he will post bail for Tommy. It doesn't sound like too much to ask, that they keep their mouths shut, in return for what he's done for the entire family. LP was still in the picture 2 weeks ago. Lindsy is really sold on LP! LP says he will release the results of the poly, regardless of a pass/fail grade. I'm pulling for him to pass, and I'll be really let down if he flunks. I just want to know if there is one honest person in this group! One person besides RC, that we all know has passed his poly, and been cleared by LE!

I have a basic polygraph question for the brilliant WS minds here:

How effective would a poly be if the person(s) being tested were drugged out of their gourd(s) when Haleigh disappeared or was injured or whatever the case may be?

IF LP was involved in the poly, I'm certain he told Tommy and Lindsy not to discuss this over the phone, or in a jail house visit. He has probably been in contact with Lindsy, and she know how it all came out. He has provided Hank and Lisa with a car, a cell phone and a place to stay. He bought Lindsy a computer, and who knows what else. He has asked for the rights to the LDT. (per AH web site) He has said he will post bail for Tommy. It doesn't sound like too much to ask, that they keep their mouths shut, in return for what he's done for the entire family. LP was still in the picture 2 weeks ago. Lindsy is really sold on LP! LP says he will release the results of the poly, regardless of a pass/fail grade. I'm pulling for him to pass, and I'll be really let down if he flunks. I just want to know if there is one honest person in this group! One person besides RC, that we all know has passed his poly, and been cleared by LE!

Maryann I cant seem to find where Putnam County Sheriff has cleared Ron..could you please provide a link. thanks

I eagerly await the black/white transcript of this poly if it took place. I though that Lindsey or Tommy had said that if he failed his poly his attorney would no longer represent him. Here is the thing. There is no case yet regarding Haleigh. There is an investigation, but LE has not yet filed any charges on anyone. Nor have they even named a POI. They only say that Misty is the key to finding out what happen the night Haleigh went missing from the "Hermits Cove Area" (sp).

So, by Art reporting that Tommy's lawyer said he doesn't represent him on the Haleigh case only on the criminal case makes sense. There is no case yet when it come to Haleigh.. Just a thought.

Your LP theory makes a lot of sense. Lawyers have a way of breaking association with him. I think they're jealous of his involvement, & his refusal to take orders.

Maryann I cant seem to find where Putnam County Sheriff has cleared Ron..could you please provide a link. thanks

Sorry, I figured everyone would know I was joking! He is the main suspect in my mind!

I eagerly await the black/white transcript of this poly if it took place. I though that Lindsey or Tommy had said that if he failed his poly his attorney would no longer represent him. Here is the thing. There is no case yet regarding Haleigh. There is an investigation, but LE has not yet filed any charges on anyone. Nor have they even named a POI. They only say that Misty is the key to finding out what happen the night Haleigh went missing from the "Hermits Cove Area" (sp).

So, by Art reporting that Tommy's lawyer said he doesn't represent him on the Haleigh case only on the criminal case makes sense. There is no case yet when it come to Haleigh.. Just a thought.
Art Harris leaves a lot to be disired, with his hedgy choice of words-as usual. I don't make a point to use him as a viable source. I think he has sources, & knows stuff, but he leaves me confused.

Is it possible he never even TOOK the poly?

ETA: Oh, I'm not the only one asking that... lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back