2010.04.30 Defense responds to JS order stepping down

Part 3 of the motion says the blogger has headlines including "Casey Must Die", "Murder Pre Meditated and Stupid" and "Casey Guilty As Charged". I went back on Dave's blog to October 09 but saw no such articles entitled that. Did MD remove some threads from his blog? Or are those headlines prior to Oct 09? I'm curious what those articles were in reference to, I mean he could headline it "Casey Must Die' and in the article he could remprimand people for saying that without a trial, which means you can't judge a book by it's cover, CM.
I didn't go further back because I have to take the cat to the vet right now.

I never saw any "Headlines"with any of those words used in the titles. I did see some comments with those words included. Comments from the reader's not from MD.

A typical and petty response by the defense designed to illicit the anger of the current Judge. Pretty much am used to the defense's tactics by now. Delay. Blame the state for the release of information when they are gabbing on any television that would listen. Fail to show up with the documents that were requested. Fail to provide proof positive that SODDI. Go on a fishing expedition for documents. And finally, try to declare, that nowhere in this current solar system can their so obviously guilty client (so guilty it gives me a migrain) get a fair trial.

To the defense: This defendent is the proverbial abyss. You wanted to try this turkey in open court. You are getting your wish. The state doesn't just allow dead babies to go forgotten. KC is not walking away from this. She will either spend her natural life in jail or be executed. This is your turkey. Stop trying to smear everyone else but your client.

JS, I am sure, is totally relieved to be removed (voluntarily) from this nonsense. JMO.

The defense can be as petty and blustering and all fire and brimstone as they want to...it won't change the fact that their damn client knows exactly what happened to Caylee and refuses to acknowledge as much.

Thanks so much LittleBitty for that healthy dose of reality, I always feel better after you post something that pulls me out of the Twilight Zone.

Part 3 of the motion says the blogger has headlines including "Casey Must Die", "Murder Pre Meditated and Stupid" and "Casey Guilty As Charged". I went back on Dave's blog to October 09 but saw no such articles entitled that. Did MD remove some threads from his blog? Or are those headlines prior to Oct 09? I'm curious what those articles were in reference to, I mean he could headline it "Casey Must Die' and in the article he could remprimand people for saying that without a trial, which means you can't judge a book by it's cover, CM.
I didn't go further back because I have to take the cat to the vet right now.

To be honest it is useless in relying on his blogs to be factual as of now. He deletes SO much.

However, in saying that, he has usually been pro the truth and not in favour of one side over another. However, in saying that, since he got burned he has now gone against the defense, so, you know, it is now a case of anything goes - as he himself has stated.

MD has in my opinion lost credibility to be unbiased. I don't want to get in a slanging match about him but when you have someone who posts a lot on the case then regularly deletes his posts - where can you go to from there? It is re writing history. Not cool.

I would just as soon not discuss him at all but that is just how I feel and others may feel differently.

Well, heck! The objection doesn't mention the "tight boots" statement made by Judge Strickland. Does that mean Mr. Mason does in fact have a problem with tight boots?
Or that it is actually Jose who has an ill-fitting footwear problem?

Inquiring minds want to know these things!

Did Cheney forget that it was his own partner that made the comment regarding the oranges as payment in open court, standing directly in front of JS's bench while tv crews were filming??? OMG these defense attorneys should really take this act on the road...I don't recall ever hearing about a 'slap-stick comedy attorney act' but these stooges are just that!!!

MOO:crazy:

Hey! maybe this is yet another or the Defense's unorthodox strategies: Simply broadcast and demonstrate how exasperating the entire D-team is, and then claim that it is impossible to get a fair trial in any court, ever, due to their "unpopularity."
Case dismissed! No argument necessary!

Well, heck! The objection doesn't mention the "tight boots" statement made by Judeg Strickland. Does that mean Mr. Mason does in fact have a problem with tight boots?
Or that it is actually Jose who has an ill-fitting footwear problem?

Inquiring minds want to know these things!

I know! No tight boots mention. As Casey would say - Boo!

As long as Baez and Mason are reading the forums they can forever see the "tight boots" comment in my sig courtesy of the Most Honorable Judge Strickland.

JS is still a man among men and Mason/Baez can only hope to aspire to the heights of his integrity one day.

One word: Pathetic.

This is a pissing match gone bad. JS order was eloquent and filled with wonderful zingers. This "statement" just reads like major whining to me. And I bet they're glad Judge Perry didn't see this before the hearing.

Hey Defense-:eek:ther_beatingA_Dead. They should have just let well enough alone. They just look like fools to the entire legal community.

"They just look like fools to the entire legal community"

Make that "even BIGGER fools".

Also, Mr. Cheney Mason has apparently enjoyed a long reputation in the Orlando area as a respected attorney. His stated reason for joining the Anthony defense team was that he thought it would be fun or didn't want to miss the fun (paraphrasing).

I am wondering why anyone near to retiring with a fine reputation would have touched this mess with a 10 ft. pole! Jose Baez isn't going to step aside here. The client likes him. See who was the LEAD attorney for the defense at today's hearing? See who sat there cringing beside him, whispering behind his hand at Baez as he spoke?

I expect we may be seeing more and more sour looks on Mr. Cheney's face as time progresses.

Yes they were there, I read them. However the title really had nothing to do with the content of the article, the articles were actually fair and were actually favorable to the defense. However I think that JB did not actually read the articles, just the title because had he read the articles he would have realized that.

Exactly my point. Many thanks.

Thank you!

I'll be honest, I am a bit flabbergasted. While I have filed my fair share of documents that make subtle references to unfair actions of judges, I could not imagine ever filing something that is this accusatory.

With that said, Mr. Mason makes some valid points, but in doing so, he has stooped well below the very conduct he was criticizing.

While I suspect this "objection" was filed because of Mason's overwhelming need to get the last word in, I nonetheless suspect that it will be the Florida Bar who does so - as I think it would be impossible not to believe his "objection" crossed the line of professionalism. See the commentary for Florida Rule of Professional Conduct 4-3.5
The advocate's function is to present evidence and argument so that the cause may be decided according to law. Refraining from abusive or obstreperous conduct is a corollary of the advocate's right to speak on behalf of litigants. A lawyer may stand firm against abuse by a judge but should avoid reciprocation; the judge's default is no justification for similar dereliction by an advocate. An advocate can present the cause, protect the record for subsequent review, and preserve professional integrity by patient firmness no less effectively than by belligerence or theatrics.

I'll be honest, I am a bit flabbergasted. While I have filed my fair share of documents that make subtle references to unfair actions of judges, I could not imagine ever filing something that is this accusatory.

With that said, Mr. Mason makes some valid points, but in doing so, he has stooped well below the very conduct he was criticizing.

While I suspect this "objection" was filed because of Mason's overwhelming need to get the last word in, I nonetheless suspect that it will be the Florida Bar who does so - as I think it would be impossible not to believe his "objection" crossed the line of professionalism. See the commentary for Florida Rule of Professional Conduct 4-3.5

Thank you for dropping by! :blowkiss:

I was astounded! And I noticed it was faxed (?) just 3-5 min before he was due in court. heh, another (courageous!) act

But really, with Mason retiring....does he really care? I wouldn't think he would want to be remembered as such an *advertiser censored*, but what the heck do I know about the man? *shrug*

I can't understand the particular reason why the defense felt the need to file this response but I can say I am not surprised.

The only thing I can think of is that the defense is aware that their client is likely to be convicted and they are trying to do everything within their purview to accomplish delaying this trial. By that I mean, that because JS and BP are close (work related), I would tend to assume that they are deliberately trying to piss off BP so they can claim a fair trial cannot be held.

Which lol. The defense whining about how much money the defense spends to put a client to death...when all of that expense could easily be settled if Little Miss Delusionally Impaired would just cop to what she knows/did.

Oh Wow, that is very interesting Mr. Hornsby, I just wonder if anyone will actually take any action since there hasn't been any action taken against JB and company thus far.Such as KC admission that JB sneaks her things in jail.

Richard, I know this is a little OT, but since you are on this thread -

You were spot on with your assessment of Judge Perry. I was beyond impressed. This man means BUSINESS and can see why Nejame opined that he "doesn't suffer fools lightly".

Umm, obstreperous......Baez is going to have to look that word up, or at least get one of his assistants to do so.

I don't care if Mason filed this or not....to me it still has Baez's fingerprints all over it.

Oh Wow, that is very interesting Mr. Hornsby, I just wonder if anyone will actually take any action since there hasn't been any action taken against JB and company thus far.Such as KC admission that JB sneaks her things in jail.

Butterfly1978 on one thread or another today sometime I'd questioned if one of our fine WS attorney's thought that JB might be slapped so to speak for a few of his "other" behaviors. Each and every day the list seems to grow.

In any case to me it just seems like childish behavior, not only that but it also unprofessional and disrespectful to Judge Strickland. Lastly IMO anyway, it does seem to be getting rather personal. It is almost as if JB et al are asking for it. Directly after court they hit trutv to sqwuak about how "professional" and "respectful", and "fair" Judge Perry was today in court. It was a direct slap in Judge S.'s face IMO! Almost like saying in fact that he was all of the above! Shame, shame Mr. Baez et al.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betthicus
Back