2011.02.21: Hailey's Angel's Quit Searching(decision reversed 2011.2.22)

That is not what I got from it. She said it was because the searchers were shown searching 'the dirty fields and dirty creeks' and it implied a dead body, so she was upset. She wants not to be associated with them because she wants them to be looking for a LIVE Hailey, in her words.
The crew member wanted to turn it off because Billie was upset, not because the video made her a target in any way.

And we heard from Billie herself what the problem was. She said NOTHING about the video making her a target. She said it was because the video showed them searching for a dead body and because this group 'thinks Shawn did something horrible to Hailey" and she thinks their goal is to prove that to her.

ETA= this is not the only reason they would want to give up their searching. It is probably just the straw that breaks the camels back.
She has NEVER been gracious towards them. And she has NEVER been thankful nor helpful in any way. So why would they want to keep looking for her child. Some of them have looked EVERY DAY FOR 8 WEEKS.

Well, let me cite the report again:

Dunn says she knows that "Hailey's Angels" maintain Hailey's bridge in Dunn, Texas everyday, but says the feeling she got at the appreciation dinner made her uneasy.

"They are hoping that Shawn [Adkins] did something horrible to Hailey," said Dunn, "and that they're going to prove it, and prove it to me."

So, that seems pretty clear to me that she felt they were targeting her.

To Billie,

Instead of complaining about the searches and searchers ...

Just get off of your couch, go down to police headquarters, and tell them the TRUTH ...
:eek:
It's just that simple !

(SNIPPED)

Freda Radcliff is one of "Hailey's Angels," a group of six who organized a volunteer appreciation dinner this weekend for search crews combing through the fields for the missing Colorado City teen.

"We weren't appreciated for what we tried to do for them," said Radcliff.

Radcliff says there's only one way to describe it.

"A big fiasco," she said.

The culprit, a video created by "Hailey's Angels" that chronicled search efforts from the 13-year old's disappearance to now.

"They showed me, Clint, our family, little kids who were there, video of where they go to search in these ugly fields and these ugly creeks for our baby," said Billie Dunn, Hailey's mother.

Hailey's mother says for her, the hour-long video tribute stirred some negative emotions. She did not like how her daughter's story was presented.

"We're hoping to find Hailey alive," Dunn said, "that's what we want, we don't want to be associated with that."

Volunteers say a search crew member trained by one national agency asked "Hailey's Angels" to turn off the video halfway through.

more quotes from billie here: http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=344756

If the video is cronicled, then perhaps one can look to see where BD became upset.
Maybe they were closer than they thought to Hailey.
The lie detector shows that they know where she is, imo oc, so her getting upset is a good sign that somebody got too close.

I would say to Hailey's Angels to go back through the video and find the areas that upset BD the most, and go back and search again, please.
moo

I'm a little baffled by the video (as described in the article) too, and although I have great respect for this group's labours, I suspect it may have indeed been provocative, given SA's status as a suspect and how BD herself may be viewed by fellow townspeople at this point.

That said, I agree with posters above that, as per usual, BD's comments are surreally inappropriate to the occasion. Ugly rivers and fields? Where does she think her daughter is likely to be found? Hiding in a sparkling Dallas show loft? Tucked away on a yacht? Disappearance, possible abduction and murder -- it's ugly, ugly and dirty. I too hope this crew keeps up their efforts, but part of me feels they're well out of it.

This case is beginning to enrage me. It used to just bemuse me, but not anymore.

s

I agree with you..They may have their own opinions and maybe even voiced that opinion somehow that Billie didn't like. I don't know that anything like that happened of course..just saying IF something like that did..Shawn IS a suspect in this case whether Billie likes it or not and it just galls me that she can't put him aside for a minute when someone...ANYONE is searching for her daughter. SO many people would give their right arm for volunteers to search for a loved one and Billie Dunn insults them..go figure..

I do have to say though that the statement the searcher made about their 'search efforts being unappreciated' could have been left unsaid IMO. If you're a kind, selfless and able soul willing to search..then search. It should be appreciated , but don't let that be the reason you do any good deed...

Well, let me cite the report again:

So, that seems pretty clear to me that she felt they were targeting her.

She thinks they are targeting Shawn, which is the same as targeting her. moo

I take back all the posts I made about expecting tats and a wedding.

I expect the garden hose and hammer waving to commence immediately!

interesting comment #4 at that link in the first post

well, maybe I'm just behind & but I didn't know that donations were being spent that way

that shows where Billie's priorities are IMO, not with being grateful for the people who search dirty fields for her daughter

she doesn't want her found 'cause then her b/f goes to prison and the money stops rolling in for her IMO

btw, I know it's a rumour and not to rely on it as fact

If the video is cronicled, then perhaps one can look to see where BD became upset.
Maybe they were closer than they thought to Hailey.
The lie detector shows that they know where she is, imo oc, so her getting upset is a good sign that somebody got too close.

I would say to Hailey's Angels to go back through the video and find the areas that upset BD the most, and go back and search again, please.
moo

Oh that is a great idea. I think she doth protest too much. You should send this search team a note.

ETA: I'm remembering the time Cindy A ran TM out of town. IIRC, that happened to be the weekend he wasn't too far from where Caylee was eventually found. He sank a 10K 4 wheeler in the water and was afraid of destroying evidence. Now I have to wonder about Cindy A running TM out of town because she KNEW they were too close to Caylee.

She thinks they are targeting Shawn, which is the same as targeting her. moo

There you go..that's exactly what it is and IMO if she had nothing to hide, believed in Shawn and really had no idea where her daughter was she would not have felt *uncomfortable*...

I take back all the posts I made about expecting tats and a wedding.

I expect the garden hose and hammer waving to commence immediately!

nope, I'm sorry SuziQ...WORSE..we are going to see a combination of both..where the 2 worlds collide.. :eek:..fasten your seatbelt and hope Billie keeps talking...even if it is about Shawn..:bang:..

Well, according to that report "Volunteers say a search crew member trained by one national agency asked "Hailey's Angels" to turn off the video halfway through.", which suggests that the content was offensive. From the sounds of it BD was made to feel like a target, which of course would create a very uncomfortable and inappropriate situation. Put yourself in her position, how would you react? I'm guessing that you wouldn't be applauding them for doing that.

The fact that these folk have decided to call it quits simply because she expressed that feeling speaks volumes IMO.

BBM. I didn't take it that way at all. I took it that BD was so ungrateful and got an attitude that a search member shut the tape off.

I can understand any parent being uncomfortable with having to face the reality of what the searchers are actually going through but it isn't about the parent's comfort level

look at Kyron's parents & what they've been exposed to - have they complained? no, they just keep digging deeper b/c they want answers and they want their little boy back

they've seen a lot dirtier & uglier things than searchers in a field IMO

BBM. I didn't take it that way at all. I took it that BD was so ungrateful and got an attitude that a search member shut the tape off.

and then had to throw in that the other 2 major search teams weren't acknowledged..If they weren't, they should have been..
But really Billie? What was it really that made you uncomfortable I wonder?

and then had to throw in that the other 2 major search teams weren't acknowledged..If they weren't, they should have been..
But really Billy? What was it really that made you uncomfortable I wonder?

I think this is a sign BD is slipping. Something somehow will make her go so balistic she will spout off some good info. Profilers must be loving this.

Showing her gratitude to the searchers.
Those people had been searching the whole time in the fields and ditches and she knew that. She was mad at them for it. Don't understand why she was there.

Well that just speaks volumes right there. They need to keep searching and find Hailey. She must be terrified they will find her and she will lose Shawn.
Truthfully, this is the first mother Ive ever seen throw a hissy fit when people were out looking for her missing child. It just blows my mind.

Cindy A. comes to mind. moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back