2011.03.02 Motions Hearing - #2 (PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GA said he "assumed" KC was being arrested for child abuse or neglect. I don't think he ever said the offer actually TOLD him she was being arrested for anything.

That to me was a bombshell revelation that made KC angry - because if YOUR OWN father is assuming YOU are being arrested for CHILD ABUSE what does that say about you? DADDY knew you deserved to be arrested for at least child abuse right there on the spot. MO

I could have sworn that George stated that he was very angry that Casey was being handcuffed and wanted to know why... and he was told that she was being taken in for child neglect... or child abuse. That is the way I heard it... I will definitely go back and watch again once we have the video... so don't take my word for it. It's been a long morning already. :truce:

I have to say I can't blame the officer for cuffing KC. He had CA in one ear ranting and saying that she wanted KC arrested for theft. Then in the next breath investigators understand what is really going on and have the officer remove the cuffs.

CA was the cause of all of the officer's confusions.

I wish I knew if it mattered that she was cuffed, put in the car, and not questioned during the cuffing, only afterwards when she was told it was a mistake?

IMO the Anthony's are setting themselves up to be declared hostile witnesses. Both of them are so rude and argumentative with LDB and I am quite frankly a bit shocked that Judge Perry is allowing it. Is this the way he is going to allow them to testify during the trial as well......

the judge did tell george to be quiet as he was speaking over ldb and being quite hostile. i think its called giving them rope. at least im hoping thats what it is. what i saw today does nothing to help caylee or casey. they are going to help pound that nail into casey's coffin.

What stands out to me most this morning in this hearing is Casey's appearance.
Physically, she does look nice, hair looks nice, red sweater looks nice...more than likely the exact look that Jose wants her to have through trial.
However, I think they fail to realize that Casey's demeanor is of complete evil, the way she smirks, the way she holds herself...
They can dress her up all day long, but the true side of Mrs. Anthony will go far beyond her clothing and physical appearance come trial.
Yes. Covering dung with glitter doesn't take away its stink.

I believe that they only have to establish that a reasonable person would either feel that they could not leave, or they could. I don't see it as a case breaker if they don't get her statements in. They will come in in other ways, imo. Also, they believe that they are trying to save Casey's life. That will make parents do a lot of crazy things, imo.

i think he actually said child abuse, iirc. and i was like WHAT??????

IIRC, he'd be talking about the initial phase when Caylee was presumed 'missing', hence, w/o reporting it Casey was negligent...not sure of the exact wording w/o looking it up...so that's all just loose-language per memory, FWIW.

HLN just showed a clip of ICA crying from today (in the red sweater) can anyone tell me when that was as I missed lots of the hearing? I didn't see her cry but evidently she did..just wondered who was on the stand. TIA!!

Please!!

Shw cried for 2 seconds when CA came in, and then went stony-face immediately.

I could have sworn that George stated that he was very angry that Casey was being handcuffed and wanted to know why... and he was told that she was being taken in for child neglect... or child abuse. That is the way I heard it... I will definitely go back and watch again once we have the video... so don't take my word for it. It's been a long morning already. :truce:

I heard child abuse, too. George said he was told that.

I missed most of the hearing this morning and am hoping it will be up on video for review later. OT: Best News Ever today!!! Found out that the chemo is working better than anyone hoped on my Dad's stage 4 lung cancer. Wooooo Hoooooo Cartwheels in the street. Just had to share my wonderful news. I am walking on sunshine! To top it all off, CA and GA are on the stand spilling their koolaid for all the world to see. What could be better? Ok - I am buying a lottery ticket because good news comes in threes.

apparently that is hoo hah, because the sargent told the officer to take the cuffs off, it was not a stolen vehicle or the theft of money they were there for, but a missing child.

So I think he is confusing the time she was put in the back of the car, cuffed, released, and then much later told she was voluntarily going with the officers to look for Caylee (at Universal) and Melich called George later and told him ICA MIGHT not be coming home.

All one big pot of stew to George - just mix it up - same diff! :banghead:

Shw cried for 2 seconds when CA came in, and then went stony-face immediately.

That was her "Please lie for me mommy" moment and when she seen that Cindy was willing to do exactly what she wanted her to do, LIE, then she could stop the act.

I missed most of the hearing this morning and am hoping it will be up on video for review later. OT: Best News Ever today!!! Found out that the chemo is working better than anyone hoped on my Dad's stage 4 lung cancer. Wooooo Hoooooo Cartwheels in the street. Just had to share my wonderful news. I am walking on sunshine! To top it all off, CA and GA are on the stand spilling their koolaid for all the world to see. What could be better? Ok - I am buying a lottery ticket because good news comes in threes.
BBM

I love hearing stuff like this. I'll add him to my prayers.

If the mother of the missing child does not report the child missing, and then when someone finds out a month later that the cjhild was missing and the mother of the child reveals to LE that the child is fine with a nanny who took her but would not hurt her and that she actually just spoke to her child and then she further takes LE to a home where she says she left the child, but turns out the mother lied and it was a vacant apartment and then has no other info to offer that is real and when LE establishes right a away that the last person to see the child was the actual mother -

that DOES NOT EQUAL AN AMBER ALERT WARNING> GA blame KC.

apparently that is hoo hah, because the sargent told the officer to take the cuffs off, it was not a stolen vehicle or the theft of money they were there for, but a missing child.

So I think he is confusing the time she was put in the back of the car, cuffed, released, and then much later told she was voluntarily going with the officers to look for Caylee (at Universal) and Melich called George later and told him ICA MIGHT not be coming home.

or chili. whatever your pleasure. sorry couldnt resist

IMO the Anthony's are setting themselves up to be declared hostile witnesses. Both of them are so rude and argumentative with LDB and I am quite frankly a bit shocked that Judge Perry is allowing it. Is this the way he is going to allow them to testify during the trial as well......

What really really shocks me is that Cindy and George still, after all that has happened and all they must have been told, still believe ICA is innocent - did not do this crime. Unbelievable!!! How have they been able to get themselves back into this position???

Casey also first went w officers to Sawgrass & Glenwood Apt area the night of 7/15. FWIW.

When there exists probable cause to believe that a person has committed a serious crime, the police typically handcuff an arrested person, who will be held in a police station or jail pending a judicial bail determination or an arraignment.
(wiki: arrest)(true link is messy) :yuck:

Cindy Anthony called 911 and said that her daughter had stolen her car. And money. She was upset that when she drove her daughter to a police station, it was closed. Her next call to the police was when she got home, it was where she reiterated to the police that she wanted them to come to her home.

I agree that the responding officer may have not been updated as to the "kidnapping" situation as that call came in after the first two calls and an officer had been dispatched. Cindy and George are trying to lie and say they did not want Casey arrested. The responding officer thought he had come to arrest a daughter who had stolen a car and money from her parents.

IMHO.

Chiquita71--hey there! :)

ICA did text Tony the next morning and said she was handcuffed and while handcuffed sat in a patrol car for about ten minutes. But she never referred to it A's being arrested. Though her texts show she thought an arrest might be imminent. I believe her text to Tony was something like, "guess who goes to jail for a thousand years if they don't find Caylee." ICA would only lie anyway. Maybe she is mad at the Defense for trying to get her cleverly crafted so uniquely thought of story about Zanny being the kidnapper thrown out? Like how dare you guys not believe me and my most awesome nest story in the world?

Meanwhile her parents are spouting off about about how an Amber Alert could have saved Caylee. As though from the night ICA was arrested like every media outlet in central Florida hadn't already found out about this story and plastered Caylee's face all over the airwaves.

ITa that the Defense's poor attempt to try and make ICA seem like a little lost sweet confused and scared girl is a huge BACKFIRE. all the jury will need to hear is ICA's indifference on the 911 phone call from her home and her first jail call home to see that ICA was a very jaded spiteful indifferent self indulgent mean entitled lying young woman. Lady is too much of a stretch. The jury will have only one little girl in their hearts and minds and it won't be the lie sitting at the Defense table, it will be the sweet little victim, the one who loved life and the stars and the moon and her grandparents and Winnie the pooh.

The jury will see that ICa lived rent free with her parents. Lied and stole. And cared more about testing and her phone beingnshut off than she did her own flesh and blood and still does.

Every time I see ICa in court three phrases repeat over and over "calling you guys a huge waste" "make it stop" and "can I have Tony's number?"

And I imagine that the jury will too!

BBM

I love hearing stuff like this. I'll add him to my prayers.

O/T - Blessings for you WenWe4! - the world is filled with miracles and so happy to hear you and your father are having one. Thank you for sharing this wonderful news with us.

the judge did tell george to be quiet as he was speaking over ldb and being quite hostile. i think its called giving them rope. at least im hoping thats what it is. what i saw today does nothing to help caylee or casey. they are going to help pound that nail into casey's coffin.

I did see/hear that however it did not stop him except momentarily.....he continued throughout the time he was on the stand. LDB was more than patient with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500