50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
MaconChange-Wow, what a typo. Sorry. I should re-read what I type.:doh:

Kel, Do you know how the nurse was invited to come here?

I think I might be the source of that.. After reading the article that was first written about BK, I emailed the reporter of the article with several questions about BK when this thread was first started. I think the reporter must have forwarded it to the nurse as I got an email from her.

Do we actually know that the reporter invited this person? I'm only asking because what if it was a hoaxter? I'm not saying she was but I've seen them on Websleuths before. Did she give anything to show she is who she says she is?
I know some people who have been kicked off come back resurrected as someone else. I'm truly sorry if I'm out of line. I don't mean to offend but want to make sure.

I have concerns about Dottie's issue as well. No offense to anyone.

Actually, I have had several posts on here.. usually I lurk, but I have been quite active with this one, as much as I can be at work..

My initial first posting here was a possible match, but the dates were wrong, then I saw the questions posted, so I thought I would email the reporter with some of the questions, I never got a reply from the reporter, but an answer from the nurse that was posted here which is the link that in post #45.

Since then I had two other private emails from the nurse that was about possible matches that were ruled out, I didn't post them here, because the two matches that I was speaking of were already posted here as not possible.

Also SS who has been keeping track of the states that have been searched. I completed NH, ME and VT.. but didn't find anything that was even close, using several different search options. I would be glad to help in any other way. Just let me know.. Thanks, Synthia

Thank you Synthia, here is the latest list. I will pick up more states, but I am following the San Diego County fires as I have family there.

Benjaman Kyle Search List
*States completed

CO-Dimples*
IN-Phenolred
IN-Gina M
ME-Synthia*
NB-AJ1020
NH-Synthia*
OK-SS
OR-SuziQ*
TX-KT CAN
UT-SuziQ*
VT-Synthia*

Nebraska is also done, I didn't find anything relavent. I will check Kansas next if no one objects.

I have done All I can do on Indiana unless Gina M is still searching, I came up empty.

Hi. I emailed the WSAV3 reporter that interviewed BK on 10/15. She replied that NBC and CNN picked up his story and put it on the national feeds. Hopefully that will generate leads.

I think that Steve Dewey looks shockingly like him almost twins but, I feel the weight, and the missing scar on his neck kinda make it look like less of a match. And I don’t see Steve’s cleft chin on Mr. Kyle. Also, Mr. Kyle looks a lot older than Steve. Steve looks really good for his age and was probably rather fit considering all the sports he played. I don’t think he would age that much in less than a month regardless of what he’s been through. And I don’t think you would loose that much hair in less than a month either. Not to mention how did he get from Georgia from the Canary Islands. Does Georgia have any ports near where Mr. Kyle was found that would be getting freighters from that area in? I really would love for them to be a match because that would mean he has a rather nice life to go back to, i.e. a loving family, good job etc. but I just don’t think it’s him. I really do hope I am wrong.

Ok, I reread the " A Real, Live Nobody " article and 2 statements caught my eye. The first, "It's like I have a 20-year gap," . I think that is a clue. If you couple that with "When I looked in the mirror, I could not believe how gray my hair was and how old I was,"Kyle said. "There's a bunch of years missing, and I don't know what happened." It makes me think he was actually missing for a long time. I wonder how much of the first 30-40 years he actually remembers? It seems odd to me that he would say something so specific like I feel I lost 20 years. Why not say I can’t remember anything. I wonder if he knew what year it was when he was found? Now the statement that really got me thinking was He worries he might never find out - or, if he does, he might not like the person he was, he said. That I think is a major clue. I get a feeling that Mr. Kyle has a few memories about his first 30-40 years that he is not sharing. I bet he remembers something about his past he rather not and is just writing it off because he rather it not be true. The scenario I am putting together in my head goes something like this. Perhaps, he left his family or life behind voluntarily about 20 years or so ago and was either living a completely different life or maybe even as a transient until he was attacked in 2004 giving him the amnesia. That would explain why nobody is looking for him. I mean if he left on his own accord for selfish reasons leaving behind a jilted lover or wife, maybe they don't want to find him, are not even looking for him, or never even reported him missing. I just think that is a odd statement. I feel he remembers something about his past that he doesn’t like thus making him wonder if he was a bad person or a jerk before he lost his memory. I don’t think he was a criminal nor do I think he was bad as in a thief or hurting people. I think the worse he could have done is abandon his family or something thus being a "bad" person perhaps morally but not criminally. Sorry that this is so long winded but I have been thinking about this All last night and today.

Amnesia is a strange thing. I have watched programs about it and I have even seen people on Oprah that have gotten it. Some people remember their very early chilhood but remembered nothing about say the last 5 years of their lives their new husbands were strangers to them etc. Then I have seen amnesiacs with memory of the recent but nothing of their early childhood. It might have something to do with what part of the brain gets damaged etc.

I have given this much thought the past day or so and had almost written off even coming back to work on this case anymore. When the nurse mentioned the National Enquirer, it really did not sit well with me AT ALL! I feel this will take take away all credibility of his case being true. John Q. Public nor the media will take it seriously after they see his face in such a magazine (which sounds like is through no fault of Mr. Kyle's, but the person handling things for him). I finally decided we might be the only people actually left to try to find out his true identity. This man is not a sideshow and maybe we need to find his family before he becomes one. Perhaps the person handling things for Mr. Kyle does not have his best interests at heart.

So...where were we? Yes, take Kansas! We can still methodically rule out any missing from the ones we can find.

We need to get to the bottom of this whole thing. We need to figure out who he is or isn't now, as the case may be. I think we should establish a direct connection with the law enforcement agency involved and the officer responsible for his case. This doesn't mean everyone should jump on this. There should be one person designated to contact them. I volunteer Christine for this as she has rapport already established in GA with LE there. (she already mentioned her organization would like to help.) If anyone disagrees...please say so. Not trying to be bossy here, but I feel in order to get the best results in working with LE to gain information pertinent to finding his identity...we should make certain to do things the right way. : )

I have given this much thought the past day or so and had almost written off even coming back to work on this case anymore. When the nurse mentioned the National Enquirer, it really did not sit well with me AT ALL! I feel this will take take away all credibility of his case being true. John Q. Public nor the media will take it seriously after they see his face in such a magazine (which sounds like is through no fault of Mr. Kyle's, but the person handling things for him). I finally decided we might be the only people actually left to try to find out his true identity. This man is not a sideshow and maybe we need to find his family before he becomes one. Perhaps the person handling things for Mr. Kyle does not have his best interests at heart.

So...where were we? Yes, take Kansas! We can still methodically rule out any missing from the ones we can find.

We need to get to the bottom of this whole thing. We need to figure out who he is or isn't now, as the case may be. I think we should establish a direct connection with the law enforcement agency involved and the officer responsible for his case. This doesn't mean everyone should jump on this. There should be one person designated to contact them. I volunteer Christine for this as she has rapport already established in GA with LE there. (she already mentioned her organization would like to help.) If anyone disagrees...please say so. Not trying to be bossy here, but I feel in order to get the best results in working with LE to gain information pertinent to finding his identity...we should make certain to do things the right way. : )

I concur.

I think the National Enquirer idea is great. It is getting his face out to Millions of people. Everyone goes to the corner store, grocery store etc. Someone out there knows him.

I have done All I can do on Indiana unless Gina M is still searching, I came up empty.

I'll do some more searches in the newspaper archives, but so far I haven't found anything. Anyone else have a subscription to the newspaper archives?
If not I can focus on searching that site for anything that might be related to Benjaman.

Off topic in reference what SuziQ said about following the fire coverage - I have family in San Diego County too, and friends throughout the area. I live in the area too, luckily not too close to any of the fires, but I've been checking on the fires and keeping my family out of state up to date on things!

I think the National Enquirer idea is great. It is getting his face out to Millions of people. Everyone goes to the corner store, grocery store etc. Someone out there knows him.

It's good to get his story out there - but I think a preferred outlet would be something more like People magazine. It is taken more seriously than the NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea