8/15/08 12 PM - Secret Meeting Just happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we'd hear more news about what's happening.
This case is going to soon drive me nuts!:crazy:

Lol.. I'll see you when you get there, I'm already nuts from this case. :bang:

I dunno. It wasn't much of a secret meeting, since it's on the news.

How do we know that Cindy's pulling the car around to the back wasn't suggested by LE as a way for her to avoid having to run the press gauntlet on her way into the building? LE has been advising the parents to cool it with the media.

Maybe they were re-hashing whatever conversation occurred during the Casey visit yesterday.

Maybe I've missed something, but is Cindy *still* there?

sweetmop Seeing the female LE officer go out and retrieve Cindy's car, and then they hug before Cindy gets into the car, makes me think that there may have been some type of an emotional revelation in the case somehow.
Either Casey has confessed or they found Caylee's body.

or she's simply in tears and doesn't want to be videoed...this has GOT to be hard on the GPs...

No doubt it is extemely difficult!
I'd already be in the loony bin if I were going through something like this!:smilingface (52):

I don't know if it was quite as dramatic as a confession or Caylee being found. They probably would have had to keep her there alot longer and wouldn't dare let her drive in the emotional condition she would have been in.

It could have been a head's up on some new search or that they disproved her latest tip from that caller or that they needed her to clear up some more details from her various interviews.

I think when the hammer does come down they will either go to her house and will make sure that George and Lee are there with her. To me nothing, would be more cruel than to call them into the station, tell them the worst news possible and let them drive out into the throngs of media out there, whether it be on LE property or their driveway.

OME

Excellent points.:clap:

I don't know if it was quite as dramatic as a confession or Caylee being found. They probably would have had to keep her there alot longer and wouldn't dare let her drive in the emotional condition she would have been in.

It could have been a head's up on some new search or that they disproved her latest tip from that caller or that they needed her to clear up some more details from her various interviews.

I think when the hammer does come down they will either go to her house and will make sure that George and Lee are there with her. To me nothing, would be more cruel than to call them into the station, tell them the worst news possible and let them drive out into the throngs of media out there, whether it be on LE property or their driveway.

OME

I agree. The GP's said they have a standing appt to discuss things a couple of times a week. I think LE finally got it through the GP's head that they are not helping find Caylee by being in the media and making "bizarre" statements all the time. I think the media coverage will start dying down until something major comes up. The LE is finally getting some control over the situation.

Wonder if Cindy and George asked Casey why she was in or near a wooded area by the airport when they met with her yesterday, assuming they are aware of the cell phone pings being discussed. If it was me, I would surely be asking for an explanation on this issue and any others in the hope that the answers would lead to finding Caylee one way or another. Seeing Casey has to help the Anthony's in terms of their concern for her but I suspect there is a lot of tension between the three of them, as well.

No doubt it is extemely difficult!
I'd already be in the loony bin if I were going through something like this!:smilingface (52):

Wouldn't we all... heck, I'm worried as all get out and this child's not even mine...:eek::eek::eek:

Wonder if Cindy and George asked Casey why she was in or near a wooded area by the airport when they met with her yesterday, assuming they are aware of the cell phone pings being discussed. If it was me, I would surely be asking for an explanation on this issue and any others in the hope that the answers would lead to finding Caylee one way or another. Seeing Casey has to help the Anthony's in terms of their concern for her but I suspect there is a lot of tension between the three of them, as well.

WOuldn't you think that Casey's meet with Baez last night would've prepped her for what to say and not say... I mean, wouldn't he have reminded her not to open her mouth??? especially if she's told him she did it???

Possibilities:

1) DNA results are back. LE has informed Casey and Baez that they show that Caylee was dead in that trunk.

2) Letting Cindy know that Casey is about to be charged with 2nd degree murder.

3) Maybe an offer to Casey: "Tell us where the body is, and we'll take the DP off the table."

Do we know how long Cindy met with them? Did I miss this?

*If* Casey told Cindy anything @ yesterday's visit, LE already knows it, as all visits are recorded (but not all are released).

and *if* Cindy wants to avoid attention from the media (and *kidnappers*)
why not simply CALL LE ??

*shrugs* Why do they do most of the things they do? I was just basing this on the warrant and affidavit. It was mentioned that Cindy had told LE during an in-person-chat how to contact certain inividuals relating to the case. LE later checked the video for confirmation.

OME

agreed.

I've flipped back and forth on my feelings for the GPs. Frustration, anger, sometimes even thinking they're completely off the deep end.

I've settled on the opinion that they're just in deep, deep denial. They'll say and do anything to make things like they used to be again. They've probably spend most of Casey's life making everything better, fixing it. But I'm thinking that this is not something that can ever be undone.

How awful it must be to have to choose between your child and your grandchild, and that's the spot they're in.

I feel the same way! I really hope when all is said and done, that it is clear that George and Cindy did not intentionally attempt to cover it up...just that they were afraid to "go there."

However, when it comes to the nature of the crime...we're not talking about some misdemeanor type crime...I would be saying EVERYTHING I knew, or could think of...no matter how relevant it was...for the sake of my helpless grandchild. If my daughter was truly innocent, the facts would prove it.

OME
Actually, it is standard procedure for the family to be called into the department to hear the news. Happens all over the country and I could point you to various cases where this procedure was followed, but they give the family time to congregate together.

Actually, it is standard procedure for the family to be called into the department to hear the news. Happens all over the country and I could point you to various cases where this procedure was followed, but they give the family time to congregate together.

Given the media attention in this case, would they do that in this case?

Although, you have to think LE is SO annoyed with the way this family has defended Casey at every turn... they might not care much about protecting them from the media.... pushing all their buttons might be their best bet for getting some truth.

I would think if this were the case, they would have wanted to see George/Cindy and probably Lee at the same time. IMO.

Maybe they wanted to show her some evidence...a report, pictures, video..something to PROVE what they were saying, as opposed to just telling them, and the GPs having to take their word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname