All Points In-Between - FL to MO

Probably so. There isn't a rest area off I-55 in hillsboro, mo.

Port Charlotte/Charlotte County is about 100 miles from Tampa/Hillsborough County. I wonder if they might have been looking for a rest area near Tampa and by habit, spelled it the way the hometown in MO does.

"Around 12:44 a.m. there was a quick search for “Hillsboro Rest Area” created near the Peace River Bridge in Charlotte County."

I'm not sure about I-75 from the Naples area northward, but from Ft. Lauderdale westward into Naples it is a toll road. I think every highway/expressway/state road/interstate etc is a toll road in Florida. Almost none have cash toll booths anymore...they've converted to electronic tolling. You either need a preloaded Sun Pass (which is registered to your tag) or you are charged "toll by plate," where a photo is snapped of your tag/back of your vehicle each time you pass through a tolling location and then a bill is mailed to the registered vehicle owner (which includes said photos). Either way, the Florida Department of Transportation has a record of the date, time, and location of every toll charged to every vehicle on our toll roads.

I didn't see anything in this discovery batch, but has any evidence of toll activity been mentioned elsewhere? Just a thought I had while reading about CWW possibly removing the front tag (which is insignificant for tolling purposes, at least in Florida, because we don't have front license plates).

I'm not sure about I-75 from the Naples area northward, but from Ft. Lauderdale westward into Naples it is a toll road. I think every highway/expressway/state road/interstate etc is a toll road in Florida. Almost none have cash toll booths anymore...they've converted to electronic tolling. You either need a preloaded Sun Pass (which is registered to your tag) or you are charged "toll by plate," where a photo is snapped of your tag/back of your vehicle each time you pass through a tolling location and then a bill is mailed to the registered vehicle owner (which includes said photos). Either way, the Florida Department of Transportation has a record of the date, time, and location of every toll charged to every vehicle on our toll roads.

I didn't see anything in this discovery batch, but has any evidence of toll activity been mentioned elsewhere? Just a thought I had while reading about CWW possibly removing the front tag (which is insignificant for tolling purposes, at least in Florida, because we don't have front license plates).

Or perhaps they had the prepaid toll option on the rental car (which we further evidence of their utter idiocy).

Or perhaps they had the prepaid toll option on the rental car (which we further evidence of their utter idiocy).

They could have, but there will still be a record of all the tolls charged to that vehicle.

Cameras take a photo of the rental car's license plate as it goes through the toll lane and sends a bill for the tolls to the rental company's tolling program vendor. The vendor collects the toll plus applicable service fees from the customer's credit card, and pays the toll to the road agency. The service fees are retained by the vendor, not the toll road.
https://www.sunpass.com/rentalcar

This route from Cadet MO to Bonita Springs FL will avoid all tolls. Mapquest offers the feature to plan a route with advanced settings like for example avoiding tolls, or avoiding highways/ ferries and so on:

attachment.php

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...to/us/florida/bonita-springs-282039023?toll=1

Even if they had avoided the tolls, we know that the Intelligence Transportation System would have picked them up throughout their travels (in addition to the GPS in their rental car..).

Here is a map of the monitoring system in Florida only:

attachment.php

http://ntl.bts.gov/lib/31000/31000/31051/14480_files/chap_1.htm

Currently (2014) there are 1,039 cameras in Metro Atlanta monitored by the DOT including 570 on the interstates and freeways and 469 on the local roads.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/gridlock-guy-more-cameras-needed-on-metro-highways/ng76t/

In addition, here is a website listing all US Highways traffic cameras.

http://www.webcamlocator.com/traffic/georgia_traffic_webcam_locator.htm

The resting areas (most of them, if not all by now), food stops and gas stations offer their own surveillance systems. Once leaving the highway, regular traffic cams pick up the vehicle tags.

Whatever CWW was doing when seen fumbling with that front tag. Perhaps he removed it, put it back on, exchanged it..

-Nin

Attachments

• route no tolls.jpg
    route no tolls.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 188
  • route statewide monitoring system.jpg
    route statewide monitoring system.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 189
I can drive interstate 95 to I4et onto I75 drive all the way to key west without a toll.

I can drive interstate 95 to I4et onto I75 drive all the way to key west without a toll.

Yes, Eileen730 - but wouldn't you want to avoid I-4 like the plague! What a hassle it is to travel that road over the past couple of years :gaah:

You can make this trip without a toll. I have done it many, many times...it would be the same route and you do not experience any tolls along the way. Sounds like there is enough video surveillance to accommodate Hansel & Gretel along their merry way :)

Thanks NIN. So there's a toll-free route across five state lines, but I can't get to the beach 15 minutes away without paying a toll :crosseyed: lol.

The ITS cameras are not used for law enforcement, so they do not record. They are only used to monitor traffic flow and conditions in real-time. Now, if CWW and JR were stupid enough to run a red light or speed in an area that utilizes traffic enforcement cameras (which monitor and enforce traffic violations), that would of course be a different story, becuase those cameras obviously record.

FDOT: I-75 Cameras Won't Record

Despite county officials’ insistence, the state Department of Transportation will not be allowing cameras on local interstate highways to record.

[...]

The proposed Intelligent Transportation System would be used only for real-time traffic monitoring and management, FDOT officials say.

[...]

With about 1,000 cameras statewide and another 1,000 planned, “the cost to record these 1,000-2,000 cameras on a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week and 365 days a year for a retention period of three years could be substantial,” wrote Elizabeth Birriel, FDOT’s Intelligent Transportation Systems program manager.

[..]

It’s an area that other state transportation and highway departments have avoided as well. A spot check of highway agencies in nearby states found none that record video images from their highway cameras. “It’s generally not done,” said Emily Fishkin, spokeswoman for ITS America, an advocacy group based in Washington, D.C.

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/traffic/article34508901.html#storylink=cpy

Florida Department of Transportation District One

Q. Do the cameras record traffic accidents?

A. No, we do not record the CCTV camera images. The cameras are used to detect and monitor incidents in real time.

http://www.swiftsunguide.com/resources/faqs/

Georgia Department of Transportation 511

Do you record the traffic cameras? Can you send me a copy of the video that shows my accident?

No, we do not record any of the traffic cameras. We will not be able to provide any accident video.

http://www.511ga.org/static/faqs.html

The portion of I-75 that runs east/west (Alligator Alley) between Ft. Lauderdale and Naples is definitely a toll road. I've driven it many times. And I-75 doesn't go down to the Keys..it ends in Hialeah/Miami Lakes. You can avoid paying tolls from Miami to the Keys by taking US1 the whole way, but it takes a lot longer than the turnpike route.

Anyway, possible toll activity was just a thought I had that would further solidify the case against these two monsters. Thanks for everyone's input.

The portion of I-75 that runs east/west (Alligator Alley) between Ft. Lauderdale and Naples is definitely a toll road. I've driven it many times. And I-75 doesn't go down to the Keys..it ends in Hialeah/Miami Lakes. You can avoid paying tolls from Miami to the Keys by taking US1 the whole way, but it takes a lot longer than the turnpike route.

Anyway, possible toll activity was just a thought I had that would further solidify the case against these two monsters. Thanks for everyone's input.
Thank you "GATOR"THAN (because of your moniker pic:blushing:) and NIN....very informative! For those of us who are not familiar with Florida toll roads...guess, hotel tax, gasoline tax, sales tax, port tax,
property tax, etc isn't enough revenue?
I wondered how much money a driver has to pay for a trip to the beach...
http://beta.costtodrive.com/florida-tolls/

FOR RENTAL CARS SPECIFICALLY:
How does it work? Cameras take a photo of the rental car's license plate as it goes through the toll lane and sends a bill for the tolls to the rental company's tolling program vendor. The vendor collects the toll plus applicable service fees from the customer's credit card, and pays the toll to the road agency. The service fees are retained by the vendor, not the toll road......
https://www.sunpass.com/rentalcar
Hmmm customer's credit card???? Maybe CWW didn't care about a few dollars in toll roads, since he wasn't paying for the trip himself? Perhaps the funds all came from his soon-to-be-wealthy-best-friend-benefactor/employer? Any word yet on the credit card account holder?
(The records appear to be with the car rental agency.)

True!
I never take the turnpike!

We go 41 to homestead then down 1

The only tolls I ever run into are the Tampa area the sunshine skyway bridge and Orlando area. Not a lot of tolls here in South West Florida.

Yes, Eileen730 - but wouldn't you want to avoid I-4 like the plague! What a hassle it is to travel that road over the past couple of years :gaah:

lol not really!

If u were entering fla and did not want to hit any toll roads to bonita springsU take I95 to I-4 then take th I-75 exit
takes u right there. Or take 41 the Tamiami Trail!

Yes, have done it many times.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yes, have done it many times.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Just parked my motorcycle in my Bonita Springs garage after our annual mid Christmas-New Year trip from Key West. Didn't pay any cash tolls.

It's easy to drive from Missouri to Bonita Springs without paying a single toll. I've done it several times. In fact, it would be hard to find a toll road between those locations...You'd have to go out of your way to do it.

here's an idea of the quality of picture that the toll booths take. This is me on my motorcycle in Florida. Every one of my vehicles is enabled for tolls. If I don't have an e-tag in my window then the SunPass people send me a picture for every charge

ledgerItemItolPicAction.action

I'm British by origin...The Brits have basically covered the UK with Cameras. For example, if you drive a stolen car in the London area then the computer system will read your license plate and automatically alert police mobile units to your real-time location. The vast majority of good guys don't mind this privacy intrusion due to the benefit it creates. The system database is searchable...Law Enforcement can find all data on any particular license-plate at any time.

See here...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police-enforced_ANPR_in_the_UK

I'm sure that the US isn't far behind but don't know for sure. The US government is not highly consultative with its population on areas of privacy invasion.

here's an idea of the quality of picture that the toll booths take. This is me on my motorcycle in Florida. Every one of my vehicles is enabled for tolls. If I don't have an e-tag in my window then the SunPass people send me a picture for every charge

ledgerItemItolPicAction.action

Did you intend to attach a photo?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500