Amphetamines

beesy said:
from you. I told you the lab results said she tested positive for amphetamines with a footnote saying the Phen, no Fen. Thanks Pam
O, geez, beesy,you haven't been around long enough to know about the HUGE discussions on PhenFen, so please don't point fingers like that. Jeana and Mary and Dani know what I am taking about. So does Cami. CJ did a ton of research on it back when we were told it was PhenFen. I just don't remember who made the claim first. Might have been Jeff. Or it might have already been out there even before Jeff. And that was before my time, too.

bkdianne said:
cami]There's nothing wrong with it but in my opinion Goody will never get what she wants so her frustration level will just increase. The whole puzzle will never be fitted in place unless Darlie tells us why she did this, and she won't so why bother. Her so called friends are never going to talk or they would have by now wouldn't they?

I think we have come close to what the motive is here but we will never know it completely.

-Well I'll tell ya what, another case in WS, she knew what was going to happen (or she said what she thought would happen, and DID happen) and there is no way she could have known it either. So you can say all you want, but I believe the Goodymeisters' gut instincts are the sh**!!! And she may, or may not be frustrated, I dont know, but she can handle it...and Cami, I cant believe YOU of all people! Never say never :rolleyes:

June 6, 2006 will be ten years that Devon and Damon have been dead. Are we any closer to understanding the reason why Darlie took her butcher knife and carved those two boys up? Are we? I must be totally stupid because for the life of me I'm not.

Never ever did I say Goody's theories were not good. What I did say was I didn't understand what her theory was anymore she has dismissed just about everything the posters here have come up with, leading me to believe that she was going in the direction that Darlie did it just to get rid of them. If you are going to take me to task at least be positive of what I said before you do Dianne.

cami said:
Never ever did I say Goody's theories were not good. What I did say was I didn't understand what her theory was anymore she has dismissed just about everything the posters here have come up with, leading me to believe that she was going in the direction that Darlie did it just to get rid of them. If you are going to take me to task at least be positive of what I said before you do Dianne.
How have I dismissed every theory? I have pointed out the weak spots in them, but I don't think I have poo-poohed them all. I don't know what you are referring to. If it is theories on why she did it, I don't think I have heard anything that I think really nails it. I am stuck between believing they had $$$ in their eyes thinking that the public would be generous to them and that could capitalize on Texas being a hotbed for TV true crime movies and Darlie just losing her temper and then the two of them creating a story to cover it up which included the murder of Damon. Both of these have weak spots, too, but it gets down to what fits.

Hi everyone!

The article below says that Darlie Routier tested positive for amphetamines. I know she stipulated to having used diet pills, but is it possible that she was trying to cover up a crystal meth addiciton?

I guess I'm asking if a positive for amphetamines indicates only diet pills or could it also indicate crystal meth use?

Routier jury told of drugs
Gonzalez, John W. Houston Chronicle. Houston, Tex.: Jan 9, 1997. pg. A.1

Abstract (Summary) Darlie Lynn Routier tested positive for amphetamines the night her two young sons were stabbed to death in their Dallas home, according to trial testimony on Jan 8, 1997. Routier, 27, also developed severe bruises that probably were sustained long before she claims an unknown assailant attacked her and fatally stabbed the boys. Routier is on trial for the Jun 1996 murder of her sons.

She did have the whole "meth face" going on.

Well she claims to have been taking diet pills. Elsewhere, I read that she had purchased cocaine as some sort of "gift" for Darin and I also believe weed was mentioned at one time or another, so the whole "drugs culture" is no stranger to her.

From the transcripts (yeah, I know it's from "that" site,) it shows that she tested for the weight reducing drug and not amphetamines. I googled Darlie Routier, amphetamines, and it seems like the amphetamine story has spread widely.

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/Legal/Transcript/Simmons/Vol-43.htm

Q. Well, if you had information that they
4 were a light sleeper and that they had taken amphetamines
5 that day,
and the amphetamines in fact, are in their
6 blood when they were taken to the hospital, you wouldn't
7 think they would sleep through that, would you?
8 A. I would say under most circumstances,
9 right. I think phentermine, not amphetamines.
10 Q. Well, what is that?
11 A. Phentermine is a -- the toxicology
12 report, the only drug present being phentermine,
not
13 amphetamines
Phentermine is essentially a weight
14 reducing drug.

Edited to add: That they would be involved in drugs comes as no surprise, and if she had been
on drugs that night it could provide a reasoning behind the murders.

Hi everyone!

The article below says that Darlie Routier tested positive for amphetamines. I know she stipulated to having used diet pills, but is it possible that she was trying to cover up a crystal meth addiction?

I guess I'm asking if a positive for amphetamines indicates only diet pills or could it also indicate crystal meth use?

Routier jury told of drugs
Gonzalez, John W. Houston Chronicle. Houston, Tex.: Jan 9, 1997. pg. A.1

Abstract (Summary) Darlie Lynn Routier tested positive for amphetamines the night her two young sons were stabbed to death in their Dallas home, according to trial testimony on Jan 8, 1997. Routier, 27, also developed severe bruises that probably were sustained long before she claims an unknown assailant attacked her and fatally stabbed the boys. Routier is on trial for the Jun 1996 murder of her sons.

It seems phetamines are in diet pills. If she was taking these pills I am sure more were found in her home during the search warrant.

I don't keep up with this case but I have seen those horrible bruises and where her neck was slashed. I just don't see how she could have done all of those things to herself and if they were done before then surely someone would have noticed.

Maybe she is guilty I really don't know but I have never been fully convinced she really was. Jurors tend to find people guilty if they do not like them or they don't approve of the defendant's behaviors and mannerisms, before, during and after the victims are deceased.

Personally I think they found her guilty because of the silly string being done for her son on his grave. Reminds me of Cindy Sommers case in some ways.

imo

What's a meth face please.

Hey Cami- IMO there are two types. One who smokes meth ends up with nasty rotten teeth because when they use this drug they tend to forget to drink anything. Except soda which we all know is terrible on the teeth.

In regards to a Meth Face - The tell-tale signs are dark sullen eyes, protruding facial features, and a pimply looking face due to the body shedding the drug through your pores. These types of sores can be all over your body not just your face. Most "tweekers" end up picking at them, which of course makes it worse and scars you. I have known people who did not smoke the drug and their faces didn't look AS BAD as those who smoke it. Either way it is a very very bad drug that EVERYONE needs to stay away from.

IMO Darlie was NOT using Meth. We are talking about the mid-nineties and Meth was not know in Texas on a large scale back then. It was toward the end of the nineties/early 2000's that this drug started making its way from California to the rest of the US.

Hey Cami- IMO there are two types. One who smokes meth ends up with nasty rotten teeth because when they use this drug they tend to forget to drink anything. Except soda which we all know is terrible on the teeth.

In regards to a Meth Face - The tell-tale signs are dark sullen eyes, protruding facial features, and a pimply looking face due to the body shedding the drug through your pores. These types of sores can be all over your body not just your face. Most "tweekers" end up picking at them, which of course makes it worse and scars you. I have known people who did not smoke the drug and their faces didn't look AS BAD as those who smoke it. Either way it is a very very bad drug that EVERYONE needs to stay away from.

IMO Darlie was NOT using Meth. We are talking about the mid-nineties and Meth was not know in Texas on a large scale back then. It was toward the end of the nineties/early 2000's that this drug started making its way from California to the rest of the US.

Oh thanks for the info..in the late '60's, early '70's we had such things as "speed freaks". I think it's much the same thing only now they are called meth heads. I'm just a pot smoker from the '60's so I don't know about these other drugs, LOL. Although I did know quite a few people who did speed back then, most of them are dead now from overdoses.

Darlie was taking phen-fen...I don't think she was taking meth either. Regardless, they are still dangerous for those who cannot metabolize them or over use them. The thing is with diet pills is the tolerance level, one pill wears off pretty quickly so users start upping their pill intake.

Oh thanks for the info..in the late '60's, early '70's we had such things as "speed freaks". I think it's much the same thing only now they are called meth heads. I'm just a pot smoker from the '60's so I don't know about these other drugs, LOL. Although I did know quite a few people who did speed back then, most of them are dead now from overdoses.

Darlie was taking phen-fen...I don't think she was taking meth either. Regardless, they are still dangerous for those who cannot metabolize them or over use them. The thing is with diet pills is the tolerance level, one pill wears off pretty quickly so users start upping their pill intake.

I just don't see how she could have been deeply asleep with phen-fen in her system, even if she had been on it for awhile. I took phentermine once, really longer than I should have. I reached the point where I didn't have the big energy boost any longer when I took them because my system had adjusted to them. But, even at that point, I still did not sleep deeply. Of course, now I think her story is that she doesn't remember anything and didn't necessarily sleep through the attack, just has repressed it. Even so, for someone to get that far in the house and next to her, she would have had to have been sleeping pretty deeply, imo. I just don't buy itl

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back