Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Reported Missing from Norfolk, VA - 3 March 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. Let's assume moms came home and sis said AJ texted me around 2:30pm saying that she was with friends.

Now mom says cool.

But dinner time arrives and moms give AJ a call with no answer.

Now the next text is at 5am which doesn't seem like it came from AJ according to moms.

But besides the information on text. I'm not hearing anybody say that they kept calling her and calling her.

So Wes could have tried to use the Victorville bus ride type of persona to ease moms mind that everything is ok.

Remember when he was delighted that he was able to ease the mind of a female who he congregated with on the bus who originally looked at him as a creep.

It seems like Wes is fairly good at making the situation seem harmless in a concerning woman's eyes.

So I agree. He probably tried to say don't worry at first and give plausible reasons why AJ isn't answering her phone.
So Wes could have tried to use the Victorville bus ride type of persona to ease moms mind that everything is ok.

Remember when he was delighted that he was able to ease the mind of a female who he congregated with on the bus who originally looked at him as a creep.

I remember him babbling about the lady on the bus that he "touched, but not physically" but I never knew what the heck he was referring to?
What bus ride and why did this come to mind for the interview?

Anyway I've somehow missed the point of the heroin withdrawal convo even though I posted on it lol. Who are we suspecting or not suspecting of being in withdrawal again? Presumably the pants on fire man.

Also. On the bus ride to prison. Experienced convicts will tell newbies what to say just to get certain meds or to get daily time to go see the nurse.

So nowadays; jail only prescribes extra things to limit lawsuits.

Just so they can say we tried.

But we must agree.

In jail; I would rather have inmates on downers than uppers.

So they could have gave Wes downers.

Anyway I've somehow missed the point of the heroin withdrawal convo even though I posted on it lol. Who are we suspecting or not suspecting of being in withdrawal again? Presumably the pants on fire man.

No one. Just ongoing conversation and replies that you missed.

Agree. The methadone helps wean you off heroin.

Now disagree.

Alcohol withdrawal is nowhere near as bad as heroin withdrawal.

You do not continue to vomit and crap on yourself during a alcohol withdrawal. But you do with injection heroin withdrawal.

Methadone clinics weren't made to just wean people from the drug.

For the vomit and crap that is released once the muscles tense back up can leave a person releasing any and all nutrients.

This can cause health and Anxiety Attacks that kills a person.

So not only is methadone for a mental need it is also for a physical need.

Alcoholics and crackhead withdrawals are not as serious.

This is why alcoholics only get AA. And heroin addicts get methadone treatment centers. Jmo

Sorry to disagree, but that is incorrect. A person suffering from severe alcoholism who goes through withdrawals can quite likely experience grand mal seizures severe enough that they lead to cardiac arrest and / or stroke. These people have to be given medications to raise their seizure threshold because the withdrawal from alcohol lowers the seizure threshold to practically zero.

The dehydration and loss of nutrients caused by withdrawals from opiates/heroin can be and usually is combated at home through persistent rehydration and over the counter antiemetics and anti diarrheals through the first 4-6 days of withdrawal. The risk of seizure activity is negligible.

If a person dies from dehydration secondary to heroin/opiate withdrawal, it's because they either have an underlying unrelated issue or they want to die. It takes an adult 3-5 days to die from those symptoms, giving ample time to self treat or to go to the hospital for a bag or two of IV fluids.

A person who withdraws from alcohol has zero control over that seizure which may kill them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. The methadone helps wean you off heroin.

Now disagree.

Alcohol withdrawal is nowhere near as bad as heroin withdrawal.

You do not continue to vomit and crap on yourself during a alcohol withdrawal. But you do with injection heroin withdrawal.

Methadone clinics weren't made to just wean people from the drug.

For the vomit and crap that is released once the muscles tense back up can leave a person releasing any and all nutrients.

This can cause health and Anxiety Attacks that kills a person.

So not only is methadone for a mental need it is also for a physical need.

Alcoholics and crackhead withdrawals are not as serious.

This is why alcoholics only get AA. And heroin addicts get methadone treatment centers. Jmo

O/T here in good old northern Ireland alcoholics are given a tablet that makes you boke if you drink and benzos by the bucket load because lets cure one addiction and start another.

O/T here in good old northern Ireland alcoholics are given a tablet that makes you boke if you drink and benzos by the bucket load because lets cure one addiction and start another.

You're right.. And the benzos are given to prevent the deadly seizures so dangerous to people withdrawing from alcohol.

You're right.. And the benzos are given to prevent the deadly seizures so dangerous to people withdrawing from alcohol.

But then the dependence on the benzos begin and the withdrawal from them is horrible. It's a vicious circle.

Not true, I disagree and can unfortunately tell you I have first hand knowledge of this due to a loved one.
you CANNOT die from a heroin withdrawal. ONLY Benzo's and alcohol withdrawal . There are certain meds they will give an alcoholic detoxing and also a benzo addict detoxing to prevent seizures and many other ailments that CAN kill the above 2 I mentioned.
Heroin withdrawal/detox, absolutely not. Methadone and Suboxone were designed to act on the opioid receptors in the brain to block the user from getting high if they do try to use, and also as a means to an end. They act the same as an opioid, but without the high and the goal is to wean the person off within 6-12 months. They also use Methadone and Suboxone as a crutch for the physical withdrawals the addict experiences. As Lavender Lotus mentioned above, Heroin users do infact feel like they want to die from the detox , which is why they are usually unsuccessful.

Agree. I am glad you over came your habits.

But a alcoholic in detox will never be offered a methadone solution.

They just get AA. Especially if they have no real insurance. Jmo

But then the dependence on the benzos begin and the withdrawal from them is horrible. It's a vicious circle.

Oh, it's a horrible plan, for sure. But unfortunately, the medical community doesn't have a better plan yet.

It is highly unlikely that Wes was given "downers" because of his admitted increased cocaine abuse. The antagonistic action on a person using stimulants that occurs when you give them the opposite, a "downer" carries a high risk of cardiac arrest.

That's why "speedballs", the combo of a stimulant and a downer, are so deadly.

Yall are scaring me! But I am so glad we have such informed sleuthers here - so many cases involve drugs. Thanks for all you guys have contributed. Makes me glad to be older now, as much as I got into when I was younger, I'm glad I didn't go that route. So heartbreaking to have that in your life hurting a loved one or to have it consume your own life. Peace!

Well, this is a subject I have some personal experience with too. And no, they most likely will not give someone drugs that are coming off speedy drugs because the downtime is mostly eating, sleeping, eating and more sleeping. And the friends I have had go to jail for it were never given anything to help them withdraw. I never used heroin but I was addicted to fentanyl and benzos at the same time. The withdrawal is horrible, your body is in agony, you cant eat, cant sleep, are *advertiser censored* and vomiting for days. It is truly the most agonizing experience but both times I went to rehab the only thing I was given was Librium and very small doses of Ativan and I was only given Ativan since I was withdrawing from benzos which can cause seizures. I doubt they would have given it to me otherwise since it also has the potential for abuse. Withdrawing from uppers is a walk in the park comparatively (and I've experienced both) and doesn't require any form of meds. He may be receiving meds for his bi-polar disorder, though.

Lol. I DON'T CARE IF WE AGREED OR DISAGREED

I AM JUST GLAD THAT WE ALL DISCUSSED SOMETHING ELSE FOR A CHANGE.

MUCH OBLIGE.

Heads up! New thread coming. This one will close in 15 minutes.

Please continue at Thread #2 and try to stay on the topic of the circumstances surrounding AJ's disappearance.

:tyou:

Alcohol is extremely dangerous to get off of cold turkey. Have you heard of delirium tremens? Anyone who has been an alcohol abuser for a long time should never go off without supervision.

I wasn't sure where to put this so I just picked this thread. Just wanted to mention today is AJ's birthday. :heartbeat:

Of course we all wish AJ were here to celebrate it but I didn't want the day to go by without mentioning it.

I wasn't sure where to put this so I just picked this thread. Just wanted to mention today is AJ's birthday. :heartbeat:

Of course we all wish AJ were here to celebrate it but I didn't want the day to go by without mentioning it.

Was thinking of beautiful AJ this morning, her life cut short, of LE who are following through with their investigation, of her two younger and littlest sisters, of Zach, her community and friends and mine too, from this thread, as I puttered outside. Didn't know it would have been this angel's birthday, OM, so thank you so much for sharing this. Continued thoughts and prayers... :heartbeat:

Respectfully BBM, this was a closed thread and one after it closed too. Unsure how able to post here, but I guess it was unlocked.

Thank you OM for the reminder of Aj Birthday today. Sending my heartfelt prayers for strength to all of AJ Family and Friends always, especially today, what would have been her 19th Birthday. :praying:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AnGelica! :balloons: You deserved so much better. You should've been playing club ball with your Lady Lancers and on your way to earning a spot on the softball team. Love from those of us here who care so much about finding the truth of what happened to you, and bringing you true justice :loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde