Any Supporters who crossed over?

southcitymom said:
That's the thing, though, Jeana - the woman who chopped off her baby's arms is obviously mad as a hatter, certifiably so. For that reason, I can make "sense" (as much sense as you can make) of that crime. The motive is barking insanity.

In Darlie's case, for all of the reading I have done and for all of the opinions I have read and for all the theories I have entertained, I am unable to find a motive that satisfies me. I think she is guilty. I just don't know why she did it...it makes me crazy.

I understand completely. I think she just snapped. Alll the things in her life that were going wrong I think just took their toll and the marriage falling apart was the straw that broke the camel's back in my opinion.

Jeana (DP) said:
I understand completely. I think she just snapped. Alll the things in her life that were going wrong I think just took their toll and the marriage falling apart was the straw that broke the camel's back in my opinion.
It's true that a lot of unrest and stress was occurring in her life (marriage on brink, financial difficulties, new baby on top of two active boys, taking diet pills, etc...) and your thoughts on her just snapping are probably very close to the truth. I certainly am more comfortable viewing this as a passionate and not a calculated act of murder.

Still, let's say you snapped like her and stabbed your sons to death...and then you come to and realize you need to save your own skin, so you slit your throat and stage all this BS and come up with this wild crazy story, etc..etc.. like Darlie did. Okay, so she's in "save my neck" mode at that point and everything she says is a lie and she's lying to cover up her crime and I GET that. It's self-preservative and we all know Darlie is into herself, first and foremost.

But....WHY no remourse at the gravesite - WHY that crazy silly string insanity? WHY the absence of any public grief even though cameras and eyes were on her constantly. If she were still in "save my neck" mode, don't you think she would be weeping and wailing to the high heavens - to look like a grieving parent if nothing else?

Do you think once she killed them in a momentary act of rage, then she truly just did not care and did not miss them and did not grieve? What is the point of keeping all of that in - whether their death is your fault or not? Does she weep alone in her cell at night? Was what she did so heinous that she has somehow managed to convince herself that her lies about that night are true - just so she can continue to live without blowing her brains out?

Where was her grief? Where is her grief? I don't know if I am making any sense, but these things confuse me greatly. This piece of me wants to know that she loved those boys and she just snapped and lost it.

southcitymom said:
It's true that a lot of unrest and stress was occurring in her life (marriage on brink, financial difficulties, new baby on top of two active boys, taking diet pills, etc...) and your thoughts on her just snapping are probably very close to the truth. I certainly am more comfortable viewing this as a passionate and not a calculated act of murder.

Still, let's say you snapped like her and stabbed your sons to death...and then you come to and realize you need to save your own skin, so you slit your throat and stage all this BS and come up with this wild crazy story, etc..etc.. like Darlie did. Okay, so she's in "save my neck" mode at that point and everything she says is a lie and she's lying to cover up her crime and I GET that. It's self-preservative and we all know Darlie is into herself, first and foremost.

But....WHY no remourse at the gravesite - WHY that crazy silly string insanity? WHY the absence of any public grief even though cameras and eyes were on her constantly. If she were still in "save my neck" mode, don't you think she would be weeping and wailing to the high heavens - to look like a grieving parent if nothing else?

Do you think once she killed them in a momentary act of rage, then she truly just did not care and did not miss them and did not grieve? What is the point of keeping all of that in - whether their death is your fault or not? Does she weep alone in her cell at night? Was what she did so heinous that she has somehow managed to convince herself that her lies about that night are true - just so she can continue to live without blowing her brains out?

Where was her grief? Where is her grief? I don't know if I am making any sense, but these things confuse me greatly. This piece of me wants to know that she loved those boys and she just snapped and lost it.

I think she is a narcissist and her life, her feelings, her priorities came first.

Jeana (DP) said:
I think she is a narcissist and her life, her feelings, her priorities came first.
Agreed, but wouldn't one of her priorities be to stay off of death row? And wouldn't the appearance of grief bolster her claims that someone else murdered her children? Even Susan Smith wept and cried and all that after she killed her children - it made her story seem better.

I just don't get Darlie's behavior.

southcitymom said:
Agreed, but wouldn't one of her priorities be to stay off of death row? And wouldn't the appearance of grief bolster her claims that someone else murdered her children? Even Susan Smith wept and cried and all that after she killed her children - it made her story seem better.

I think she was oblivous to the fact that they were building a case against her. She thought they believed her lies. "aha I got away with this" hence the spraying of the silly string. She always got away with it didn't she. All she used was some cunning disguised by smiles and softness to get her own way....until June 6, 1996.

My opinion only..

Jeana (DP) said:
I agree, a female equivalent of Scott Peterson, IMO.

Last night I caught some of (fell asleep) "Women Who Kill" on Biography Channel, it's a new show that profiled female murderers according to a scale developed by a doctor(?), I don't remember if the guy was a medical doctor or psychiatrist - anyway, he has developed a numbered scale and "rated" various women who have committed murder, i.e. Marybeth Tinning, Susan Smith, Andrea Yates...but Darlie was not included (I think because all those profiled had admitted to committing their crimes). I'd like to know where Darlie would land on his "evil scale".

southcitymom said:

I believe she never in a million years thought they'd arrest what she considered to be an "upper middle class, young mother who just lost two children." I watched the news the night she was arrested and the look of shock on her face was absolute.

sharkeyes said:
I agree, a female equivalent of Scott Peterson, IMO.

Last night I caught some of (fell asleep) "Women Who Kill" on Biography Channel, it's a new show that profiled female murderers according to a scale developed by a doctor(?), I don't remember if the guy was a medical doctor or psychiatrist - anyway, he has developed a numbered scale and "rated" various women who have committed murder, i.e. Marybeth Tinning, Susan Smith, Andrea Yates...but Darlie was not included (I think because all those profiled had admitted to committing their crimes). I'd like to know where Darlie would land on his "evil scale".

I watched that too!!! I couldn't believe the last woman they talked about who murdered her two daughters so viciously. That is a woman with no soul! I had hoped too, that they would talk about Darlie's case. I think what she did is worse than Susan Smith any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Jeana (DP) said:
I watched that too!!! I couldn't believe the last woman they talked about who murdered her two daughters so viciously. That is a woman with no soul! I had hoped too, that they would talk about Darlie's case. I think what she did is worse than Susan Smith any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
I watched it three - and yes, that last woman was some kind of monster. Darlie wouldn't rate as high as the Knorr woman because she did not torture her children longterm.

Jeana (DP) said:
I believe she never in a million years thought they'd arrest what she considered to be an "upper middle class, young mother who just lost two children." I watched the news the night she was arrested and the look of shock on her face was absolute.
Interesting about her genuine shock...what a dummy.

southcitymom said:
I watched it three - and yes, that last woman was some kind of monster. Darlie wouldn't rate as high as the Knorr woman because she did not torture her children longterm.

I agree, but I feel she's worse than Aileen Wurnos and the others.

southcitymom said:
Interesting about her genuine shock...what a dummy.

Yes, it was quite a contrast from the smiling, gum smacking, silly string spraying beyotch that we saw previous to it. People in the area were OUTRAGED when it was discovered that she did it. I can personally say that my children slept in our bedroom from the time of the murder to the day of the arrest because we just weren't sure if there was some crazed murderer out there.

Jeana (DP) said:
Yes, it was quite a contrast from the smiling, gum smacking, silly string spraying beyotch that we saw previous to it. People in the area were OUTRAGED when it was discovered that she did it. I can personally say that my children slept in our bedroom from the time of the murder to the day of the arrest because we just weren't sure if there was some crazed murderer out there.
I forgot you're a Texas woman! I wasn't aware of the Routier case when it happened or as it was being investigated, so I didn't see alot of the initial coverage and media. I have just been interested in it after the fact. It is a mind-boggling case, to me.

The only one that confounds me even more - for obvious reasons as no one has ever been charged or convicted - is JonBenet Ramsey.

southcitymom said:
I forgot you're a Texas woman! I wasn't aware of the Routier case when it happened or as it was being investigated, so I didn't see alot of the initial coverage and media. I have just been interested in it after the fact. It is a mind-boggling case, to me.

The only one that confounds me even more - for obvious reasons as no one has ever been charged or convicted - is JonBenet Ramsey.

Their house was directly across the lake from mine, less than a five minute drive. My two youngest kids were 3 and 5 years old at that time. I was pretty stressed out about the whole thing, as were all of the other parents that I knew.

The woman is an animal! I will never ever be able to understand how she could have lifted her hand aganinst those boys.
Ps any updates on marybeth tinning?
any old post here on her?

Delores said:
The woman is an animal! I will never ever be able to understand how she could have lifted her hand aganinst those boys.
Ps any updates on marybeth tinning?
any old post here on her?
An animal would never do such a thing

Jeana (DP) said:
Agreed, she expected to be believed no matter what the evidence showed. Not her fault it didn't fit her story, LE needs to solve it and make it fit. The woman who had her husband murdered, Pam, and I can't remember her last name, said the same thing "I'm not a criminal. I wouldn't even hurt an animal". BAH

Jeana (DP) said:
Their house was directly across the lake from mine, less than a five minute drive. My two youngest kids were 3 and 5 years old at that time. I was pretty stressed out about the whole thing, as were all of the other parents that I knew.
WOW! I can't imagine how scary that must have been.

Southcitymom,the infamous Diana Downs had the exact same creepy laughter the day after she was arrested for shooting her three kids,killing two and paralyzing the other---She was describing,on tape,what happened--It was the sickest thing I ever saw,ranking up there with Darlie's actions---I read books on both of these cases,always believed in her guilt--her self-inflicted injuries was a ploy used by many killers,including Charles Stuart in Boston who shot his pregnant wife to death in a car,then shot imself in the side,and Dr. Jeffrey McDonald who killed his kids and wife,and then injured himself superficially---Darlie's self-inflicted wounds were noteworthy only in the fact that they were more severe than most

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back