Any Supporters who crossed over?

Peter Hamilton said:
Southcitymom,the infamous Diana Downs had the exact same creepy laughter the day after she was arrested for shooting her three kids,killing two and paralyzing the other---She was describing,on tape,what happened--It was the sickest thing I ever saw,ranking up there with Darlie's actions---I read books on both of these cases,always believed in her guilt--her self-inflicted injuries was a ploy used by many killers,including Charles Stuart in Boston who shot his pregnant wife to death in a car,then shot imself in the side,and Dr. Jeffrey McDonald who killed his kids and wife,and then injured himself superficially---Darlie's self-inflicted wounds were noteworthy only in the fact that they were more severe than most
I have often thought that the similarities b/w Darlie and Diana Downs are uncanny. I have only read about the Downs case - I have never heard her say anything.

I will say that McDonald's and Stuart's self-inflicted wounds don't strike me as nearly as dramatic as Darlie's. Cutting your own throat ( even though she was in no danger of dying from that injury) is pretty intense.

beesy said:
Agreed, she expected to be believed no matter what the evidence showed. Not her fault it didn't fit her story, LE needs to solve it and make it fit. The woman who had her husband murdered, Pam, and I can't remember her last name, said the same thing "I'm not a criminal. I wouldn't even hurt an animal". BAH
pamula smart had those boys murder her poor husband, he even begged them NOT to take his wedding ring:furious: :eek: the poor guy , that really made me sad for him.

southcitymom said:
I have often thought that the similarities b/w Darlie and Diana Downs are uncanny. I have only read about the Downs case - I have never heard her say anything.

I will say that McDonald's and Stuart's self-inflicted wounds don't strike me as nearly as dramatic as Darlie's. Cutting your own throat ( even though she was in no danger of dying from that injury) is pretty intense.
Darlie had the choice of stabbing herself in the gut or chest or cutting her throat. The throat was easier to control. Mac was a doc so he knew how to collapse his lung. His injury wasn't really that superficial because his lung was beginning to collapse, but compared to Colette and the girls, his wounds were zilch. Downs shot herself in the arm. Shooting yourself anywhere is pretty darn scary and it shows her determination to get rid of her children. IMO

Delores said:
pamula smart had those boys murder her poor husband, he even begged them NOT to take his wedding ring:furious: :eek: the poor guy , that really made me sad for him.
Didn't he(Greg?) also say something to the effect of don't get blood on the carpet, my wife will kill me?

Jeana (DP) said:
I watched that too!!! I couldn't believe the last woman they talked about who murdered her two daughters so viciously. That is a woman with no soul! I had hoped too, that they would talk about Darlie's case. I think what she did is worse than Susan Smith any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Jeana, I watch so many of those shows. Was that the one that had the Nore woman who burned one daughter alive and then shot another and then after removing the bullet, put her in a closet to starve to death? If so, do you remember her first name? She was evil now. As evil as they come.

Come to think of it, it might have been that new show about evil people.

ETA. As far as Darlie. I just never understood how she got those horrific bruises all over her arms. They were almost black they were so bruised and I know she could not have done that herself.

BeeBee said:
Jeana, I watch so many of those shows. Was that the one that had the Nore woman who burned one daughter alive and then shot another and then after removing the bullet, put her in a closet to starve to death? If so, do you remember her first name? She was evil now. As evil as they come.

Come to think of it, it might have been that new show about evil people.

ETA. As far as Darlie. I just never understood how she got those horrific bruises all over her arms. They were almost black they were so bruised and I know she could not have done that herself.
Yes the show's last profile was about Teresa Cross Knorr who murdered her daughters so torturously. Here's a good link about that cae: http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/family/theresa_cross/index.html

I've often thought that Darlie bruised her arms by slamming them in a door - that could do it, I think. Of course, she may well have had help from Darrin.

Mary456 said:
OMG, you crack me up, beesy! :laugh:
Oh no! Am I spreading falsehoods again? It was in the form of a question, so I'm in the clear.
Remember the "the based on" movie with Nicole Kidman? One of her lover's comrades told detectives that his(lover's) brain was the size of his manhood. hee hee...and the killer/her lover took it as a compliment! You know..cause he was thinking his ahem was the size of his brain as opposed to his brain being the size of his ahem.

BeeBee said:
As far as Darlie. I just never understood how she got those horrific bruises all over her arms. They were almost black they were so bruised and I know she could not have done that herself.
well, hello BeeBee, 2 of a kind are we?
ah, the bruises, experts agree they are the result of blunt force trauma. I think so too and fists are considered BFT. She could have hit every single spot on her arms with her fists. You can practice on yourself. It works. Just punch away

beesy said:
well, hello BeeBee, 2 of a kind are we?
ah, the bruises, experts agree they are the result of blunt force trauma. I think so too and fists are considered BFT. She could have hit every single spot on her arms with her fists. You can practice on yourself. It works. Just punch away

Two of a kind? we very well could bee, lol.

I never heard it said the bruises were the result of blunt force trama. But, I didn't really follow the case as well as some. But, even hitting yourself with your fists, it seems would leave bruises that were different, you know? Not a solid blackness that covered most of the arm. It seems depending on how you hit with a fist it would leave a dark spot here and a darker spot there and at some points, whiteness in between where she wasn't hit. I just don't think it happened with a fist. But, I can't come up with anything that would leave the type of bruising she had.

BeeBee said:
Two of a kind? we very well could bee, lol.

I never heard it said the bruises were the result of blunt force trama. But, I didn't really follow the case as well as some. But, even hitting yourself with your fists, it seems would leave bruises that were different, you know? Not a solid blackness that covered most of the arm. It seems depending on how you hit with a fist it would leave a dark spot here and a darker spot there and at some points, whiteness in between where she wasn't hit. I just don't think it happened with a fist. But, I can't come up with anything that would leave the type of bruising she had.
Expert witnesses at the trial, which can be found in the transcripts, stated the bruises to be BFT. The only other thing it could be is settling blood, but that was ruled out. Ask Mary about that. She beat that into my head one night. Although when you first look at the bruises, they seem like one entire bruise, they really aren't. You can see differing colors here and there. It's only my opinion that they were caused by her fists, but it is possible. All she had to do was pound in the same place a few times, then move on. She wouldn't have wanted them to look like fist marks because she doesn't say anthing about being hit in the arms. It would have taken alot of force to get them that dark, IMO, and that is possible to do with your fists. I've heard some people say maybe she slammed her arms on the counter or something, but I have trouble seeing how you could get enough momentum to cause the really black ones and a counter could have left marks as well. :twocents:
I cannot remember the case, but yet another husband killed his wife and tried to make it seem like an intruder attacked both of them by slamming his shoulder in the door, then actually diving down the staircase! He didn't get away with it, although he did have some bad boo-boos.

BeeBee said:
But, even hitting yourself with your fists, it seems would leave bruises that were different, you know? Not a solid blackness that covered most of the arm. It seems depending on how you hit with a fist it would leave a dark spot here and a darker spot there and at some points, whiteness in between where she wasn't hit. I just don't think it happened with a fist. But, I can't come up with anything that would leave the type of bruising she had.
I noticed that about the bruises. I kept trying to look for some sort of pattern in the bruises. It never made sense to me how the bruises would have gotten there in an attack, anyway. If she had been hitting away at someone in self-defense, wouldn't they have been stabbing at her and creating more wounds? Not to mention this would have been more of an actual struggle creating evidence of that struggle. Yet she wakes up on the couch with scarcely a thing out of place. I read the theory once that the bruises were caused by someone putting pressure on her arms as she was held down but that doesn't equate to blunt force trauma and imo it wouldn't have caused that type of injury.

StellaTravers said:
I noticed that about the bruises. I kept trying to look for some sort of pattern in the bruises. It never made sense to me how the bruises would have gotten there in an attack, anyway. If she had been hitting away at someone in self-defense, wouldn't they have been stabbing at her and creating more wounds? Not to mention this would have been more of an actual struggle creating evidence of that struggle. Yet she wakes up on the couch with scarcely a thing out of place. I read the theory once that the bruises were caused by someone putting pressure on her arms as she was held down but that doesn't equate to blunt force trauma and imo it wouldn't have caused that type of injury.
I had concluded that Darlie got the bruises while stabbing the boys - slamming her arm down and having to hold them down until they were too weak to fight back - but after I reviewed the photos, I now think she had to have slammed her arms against something or inside something - there are photos in MTJD that show what look like "pinch marks" within the bruise - like the edge of a door or counter or belt - it drives me crazy! I've tried to recall if I've ever seen bruises like that before - and I haven't (at least not THAT massive), but my husband did suffer a crush injury while at work that resulted in a bruise that looked a lot like Darlie's, but it wasn't nearly as large; and I was left with a nasty "seatbelt bruise" after a car accident that looked just like the bruise under her arm, but again, not as massive, you could see the definite 'belt' mark that it left - and it did not show up until the day after the accident and got worse over 2 days before it began to fade to that blue, green, yellow pattern. I would not put it past her to have slammed her arms onto a hard surface or in a door - and I believe Darin could have helped her.

sharkeyes said:
I had concluded that Darlie got the bruises while stabbing the boys - slamming her arm down and having to hold them down until they were too weak to fight back - but after I reviewed the photos, I now think she had to have slammed her arms against something or inside something - there are photos in MTJD that show what look like "pinch marks" within the bruise - like the edge of a door or counter or belt - it drives me crazy! I've tried to recall if I've ever seen bruises like that before - and I haven't (at least not THAT massive), but my husband did suffer a crush injury while at work that resulted in a bruise that looked a lot like Darlie's, but it wasn't nearly as large; and I was left with a nasty "seatbelt bruise" after a car accident that looked just like the bruise under her arm, but again, not as massive, you could see the definite 'belt' mark that it left - and it did not show up until the day after the accident and got worse over 2 days before it began to fade to that blue, green, yellow pattern. I would not put it past her to have slammed her arms onto a hard surface or in a door - and I believe Darin could have helped her.
The bruises are definitely BFT. I used to think she slammed them in a door, but then I realized uh duh bees....both sides of her arms would be bruised. I just can't see how you could get up enough momentum to slam your arms onto the counter or a table, etc hard enough to bruise them like that. And if she slammed them on something, it'd be hard to get the bruises way up under her arms. But you can get up enough momentum if you use your fists and a fist can fit into all of the places she is bruised.. So right now, I'm going with fists. Of course, for a long time, I thought the door, then blood settling, then some freak medical thing, now fists. I'll probably decide they are from something else within the next few months, but I am positive that they are from BFT and that they were inflicted by herself or by Darin with her permission.

6 Q. Do you see her right arm there and the
7 bruising on her right arm?
8 A. Yes.
9 Q. What type of injury is that? What's
10 that called?
11 A. That's what we would term medically a
12 hematoma. It's a large bruise.
13 Q. Okay. And how are those caused? In
14 particular, that type of bruise?
15 A. This type of bruising, if I just saw
16 it, I would think that it was caused by a very heavy
17 blunt injury.
18 Q. Okay. And explain to the jury what a
19 blunt injury is.
20 A. We say blunt, as in not something
21 sharp, striking your hand against a door, being in a car
22 wreck and hitting the steering wheel, something in that
23 nature.
24 Q. Is that pretty severe blunt trauma?
25 A. This is a fairly severe blunt trauma,
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter
1 yes.
2 Q. Okay.
3 A. This is something that we -- if I saw
4 it on somebody's arm I would probably want to x-ray their
5 arm.
6 Q. Okay. At any time during your
7 examination of Darlie Routier, did you ever see that type
8 of injury to her right arm?
9 A. No.
10 Q. Okay. And is that something that you
11 look for in your examination of her?
12 A. Yes.
13 Q. Okay. Any time on the 6th, did you
14 see any evidence of that type of injury to her right arm?
15 A. None at all.
16 Q. The 7th?
17 A. No.
18 Q. The 8th?
19 A. No.
20 Q. Okay. Now, if that injury, that blunt
21 trauma, had occurred on June 6th, about 2:30 in the
22 morning, 1996, would you have seen evidence of that
23 injury on her right arm, Doctor?
24 A. In my opinion, yes. This is a lot of
25 blood, yes.
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter

1 Q. Okay. You saw no evidence of that
2 injury whatsoever?
3 A. No.
4 Q. Okay. That's not something that would
5 be caused by an IV or anything, would it?
6 A. No. I've never seen such a severe
7 hematoma caused by an intravenous line.
http://www.justicefordarlie.net/transcripts/volumes/vol-31.php#1

I'm getting from this that BFT has to come from hitting or being hit with something which does not have a sharp edge. HITTING or HIT being the key words here. Not a crush, or any sort of compression injury, but impact.

Ok, so are they saying that during her hospital stay she didn't have the bruises on her arms? The bruises were shown while she was in the hospital, right? But, they're saying for the first few days they weren't there? Am I getting this right? :waitasec:

BeeBee said:
Ok, so are they saying that during her hospital stay she didn't have the bruises on her arms? The bruises were shown while she was in the hospital, right? But, they're saying for the first few days they weren't there? Am I getting this right? :waitasec:
No bruises at the hospital at all. I think it was Forsch who told her he noticed she didn't have any defense type wounds, but somehow she had them for the police photos. The implication is that she got/caused the bruises several days after the attacks.
In most of Darlie's stories, she never says she fought with the intruder, never offers any explanation for the bruises. In fact debated the portion of the 911 call which was transcribed as Darlie saying "fightin'". She claims she said "frightenin'" She just shows the bruises and we're supposed to assume they are the result of a fight with said intruder. I don't see how it would be possible to be hit with something hard enough to cause those bruises and not remember it happening

So, would it be possible for her to slam her arms on the bedrails at the hospital? During the day hospitals can be very noisy. Having the bedrails up, I suppose she could have slammed her arms on them hard enough to make bruises appear in the later days of her hospital stay. I think bedrails could do the job and make her arms look like they did if slammed hard enough.

southcitymom said:
I watched it three - and yes, that last woman was some kind of monster. Darlie wouldn't rate as high as the Knorr woman because she did not torture her children longterm.

Oh Lord was that that Theresa Knorr who murdered two of her daughters and forced her sons to help her dispose of their bodies? They did her case on Aande. Her third daughter finally turned her in wasn't it? What a monster she was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back