Any Supporters who crossed over?

cami said:
I knew that was you...it's me fugi your old MacDonald nemisis from Mary's board...welcome aboard. You've been away for so long. How's the health? and your husband and kids?

Well you know that I have always thought those bruises were from blood settling. There's no weapon pattern discernable in them at all and they go right up to the armpit...not only that but when you hit bone it causes a bruise too doesn't it? The knife went to the bone in her forearm and while it didn't cause a fracture, it may have bruised it????

hey Cami Fugi (lol)

I am good, I am now an anti McDonald by the way....your words encouraged me to dig deeper and once I did there was no way I could see him as not guilty. The autopsy and crime scene photo's alone were enough for me....same w Darlie.

My health is great, the kids are doing ok, and we are still all healing from the home invasion. It has been two years but it is taking a long time and lots of therapy for my kids to get better. We received another letter from one of the defendants families just 2 weeks ago(they are pleading with us to write a letter to the judge to ask for a reduced sentence) so now we have to worry about the fact that this family won't stop contacting us when we have repeatedly asked them not to write us. It seems like just as we start getting better, something happens to open old wounds. Violent crime affects people so much longer than anyone can ever imagine. I had stayed away from the boards for a while because talking about any crime was screwing me up. I sort of became obsessed and was so over protective of my children that I had to step back until I was a bit healthier. I have to be careful that I don't over stimulate my mind with it. I choose to follow the old cases I always have and that's about it. Glad to see some familiar faces on the board from the old pink site.

Sorry for getting off topic here, just wanted to respond to Cami's questions.
Kcksum(kcjones):p

I have to ask, what's the old pink site?

Speaking of old sites. Has anyone kept an archives of the Routier stuff from 2-5 years ago? and would be willing to share?

Wow KCKSUM. Anyway you can get a restraining order or an order not to contact you on the family members?

silentrose said:
Jeana...I was not implying that you all are for killing children. I meant anti as in this appears to be a site that is against her innocence. Nothing more. I never meant to offend you or anyone. Bad choice of words.

No problem!! We're honestly not "anti-Darlie." We just feel that she's guilty.

kcksum said:
I have stated this before on the pink board back when I w3as an every day poster (was kcjones) but I think the bruises are hematomas from infiltrated IV's and from settled blood from the stab and neck wounds.

Hey, I remember you, kcjones. Now you're Kcksuma--. Cool!

Here's the thing...Darlie's big, purple bruises were on her right arm, but she didn't have any IVs in her right arm. She had an IV in the crook of her left elbow and an arterial monitor in her left wrist. The small bruise on her left wrist was already yellow/green on 6/10 when she was photographed at the police station. That color was consistent with the tiny tube (arterial monitor) being inserted on June 6th.

So the bruising on her right arm wasn't from IVs, and the shallow incised wound on the outside of her right arm (less than an inch deep) couldn't possibly cause the massive bruising on the inside, almost up to her armpit. Blood settling from her neck wound? Not likely, and even if it was, why would it all settle in her right arm?

Oops, there I go again, rambling like a rabid prosecutor. Sorry, Kc. How have you been? We sure had a lot of fun, didn't we!

Mary456 said:
So the bruising on her right arm wasn't from IVs, and the shallow incised wound on the outside of her right arm (less than an inch deep) couldn't possibly cause the massive bruising on the inside, almost up to her armpit. Blood settling from her neck wound? Not likely, and even if it was, why would it all settle in her right arm?
You're saying she had more bruises on her right arm than her left? I don't have good pictures to look at.

The neck wound is more to the right than left. The left side looks to be more on her collar bone. I don't understand blood settling but I would think she would have bleed more on the right than left.

Is blood settling from an open wound or from a closed wound? I would think it would have to be from a close wound that broke a blood vessel.

I understand cast-off blood, but bruising and blood settling, not so much. Any help is appreciated.

justice2 said:
I have to ask, what's the old pink site?

Speaking of old sites. Has anyone kept an archives of the Routier stuff from 2-5 years ago? and would be willing to share?

The pink site was Mary and Savannah's old Darlie board. What are you looking for Justice...I don't know if I have anything but Mary might.

cami said:
The pink site was Mary and Savannah's old Darlie board. What are you looking for Justice...I don't know if I have anything but Mary might.
Nothing in particular. I just know the amount of information on the web then must have been a 10-50 times greater than now.

Mary456 said:
Hey, I remember you, kcjones. Now you're Kcksuma--. Cool!

Here's the thing...Darlie's big, purple bruises were on her right arm, but she didn't have any IVs in her right arm. She had an IV in the crook of her left elbow and an arterial monitor in her left wrist. The small bruise on her left wrist was already yellow/green on 6/10 when she was photographed at the police station. That color was consistent with the tiny tube (arterial monitor) being inserted on June 6th.

Oops, there I go again, rambling like a rabid prosecutor. Sorry, Kc. How have you been? We sure had a lot of fun, didn't we!

why yes Mary we did have a great time!!!Anyone know what ever happened to Jeffy and The Detective? I used to get more enjoyment out of reading their posts than just about anything.

I hear what your saying about the bruises, I wouldn't say the blood from the neck wound couldn't seep into the right arm, it would depend on how she moved, layed in bed at the hospital, and what position her body was in after the injury. You're right, its unlikely, but it was unlikely for me to get a hematoma in my stomach after face surgery but it happened. I got one in my stomach and that was with me lying down in bed. She was running all over the place and staging a crime scene after cutting her neck. I also believe some of those wounds are defense wounds from the boys kicking the crap out of her. I also wouldn't put it past her to have done some self inflicting work after the fact as wll. Either way, I have alwyas felt her bruises were tiny compared to the gaping thru and thru holes she left in the torso's of her boys.
Those were serious wounds, not hers. Kinda like Mac the knifes abrasions and scratches compared to Kritin's head being caved in and kimberly's slit throat.

justice2 said:
You're saying she had more bruises on her right arm than her left? I don't have good pictures to look at.
No, I'm not saying she had more bruises on her right arm than her left. It's in the sworn testimony from Darlie's trial, which can be found in the transcript. Much better source than the photos, imo.

justice2 said:
I don't understand blood settling but I would think she would have bleed more on the right than left.
The "blood settling" issue originated on the message boards, from someone's personal experience, I believe. But it played no part in Darlie's trial. Not a single doctor or nurse testified that the bruises could be the result of blood settling from her neck wound.

It's true that a lot of unrest and stress was occurring in her life (marriage on brink, financial difficulties, new baby on top of two active boys, taking diet pills, etc...) and your thoughts on her just snapping are probably very close to the truth. I certainly am more comfortable viewing this as a passionate and not a calculated act of murder.

Still, let's say you snapped like her and stabbed your sons to death...and then you come to and realize you need to save your own skin, so you slit your throat and stage all this BS and come up with this wild crazy story, etc..etc.. like Darlie did. Okay, so she's in "save my neck" mode at that point and everything she says is a lie and she's lying to cover up her crime and I GET that. It's self-preservative and we all know Darlie is into herself, first and foremost.

But....WHY no remourse at the gravesite - WHY that crazy silly string insanity? WHY the absence of any public grief even though cameras and eyes were on her constantly. If she were still in "save my neck" mode, don't you think she would be weeping and wailing to the high heavens - to look like a grieving parent if nothing else?

Do you think once she killed them in a momentary act of rage, then she truly just did not care and did not miss them and did not grieve? What is the point of keeping all of that in - whether their death is your fault or not? Does she weep alone in her cell at night? Was what she did so heinous that she has somehow managed to convince herself that her lies about that night are true - just so she can continue to live without blowing her brains out?

Where was her grief? Where is her grief? I don't know if I am making any sense, but these things confuse me greatly. This piece of me wants to know that she loved those boys and she just snapped and lost it.

I realize this thread is old, so my apologies for that. But after reading all of the questions and comments here about motive, cover-up, lack of remorse, etc., I have "crossed over" to believing Darlie really is a psychopath (as the prosecutor has stated).

I used to think she just snapped due to stress, diet pills, depression, financial difficulties, marital problems, etc. But she so quickly morphed into cover-up mode, staging the scene and the 911 call. Her stories changed constantly whenever new evidence was brought to light until she finally had to say she had amnesia because she was weaving her own web. (I re-read her court testimony and the prosecutor nailed her on the stand with her own words.) And she was giddy with delight at the graveside once those boys were gone. She tried to make it look good with a few self-serving prayers, but she was celebrating her freedom.

I used to think it was wrong of the prosecutor to show the silly string video because it was irrelevant and we all grieve in our own way, etc. But now I know why he did it, even though there was clearly enough evidence to convict her without it. Because he really believes she is a psychopath. Once I accepted that, then her familial violence makes much more sense and the questions of "why" she did it get answered. Psychopaths can appear perfectly normal and disguise their true feelings. Their criminal actions are so horrific that supporters tend to believe they couldn't possibly have done what they did (as with Darlie).

"Psychopathy (or sociopathy) is traditionally defined as a personality disorder characterized by enduring antisocial behavior, diminished empathy and remorse, and disinhibited or bold behavior." There are many different types, but some of the characteristics are meanness, disdain of close attachments, poor impulse control, violence and narcissism. She fits all those descriptions.

I think the sociopathic topic has been discussed elsewhere in this forum, but I always thought it was too extreme (I tended to think it defined someone like Ted Bundy, for example). But after reading the definition and pondering the "why" questions that keep people supporting her, I'm convinced she fits the bill.

I definitely agree that Darlie has personality disorders and I would certainly think that she would have to be a sociopath to do what she did. What is odd to me though is that in general, at least from what I have read, while Sociopaths do not feel any genuine emotions, they do learn to mimic them remarkably well.

I actually worked with a guy I am convinced was a sociopath. He was absolutely genius at becoming whatever he needed to become. He was called out fairly early on by his superior for the way he treated his subordinates. So, just like magic, he changed. Literally overnight. It was wierd. It was like an entire new being appeared the next morning and he behaved exactly the way he had been told he was supposed to act. If you think about it, most of us cannot do that. Our personality traits are too ingrained. Sure we can work on certain issues, but we cannot overnight completely change our personality. He could. I am convinced it was because he really had no personality of his own. Life was a giant act.

Eventually he was charged with a white collar, but very serious, crime for actions when he was with a previous employer. To everyone's amazement he had the higher ups so snowed that they allowed him to stay on as he had convinced them he was wrongly accused and completely innocent. They actually felt sorry for him.

Finally, when he pleaded guilty to the crimes, he had to be terminated. Even then his superior insisted he had only pled guilty for a lesser sentence, he really didn't do it.
Except he did. I have no doubt at all that he did.

It was fascinating to watch. All sociopaths don't commit murder or even commit crimes. Some just go through life.

So, all that is the long way of saying that Darlie's behavior is a bit baffling to me, even though I thoroughly believe she is a sociopath. I am just surprised that she didn't know how to put on a better show.

Of course I suppose you can be a stupid sociopath as opposed to smart one.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back