Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guilty of that google - glad you didn't follow suit. If being in water destroys evidence, I hope Allison was only in water for the few days prior to being found; I don't know much about forensics ( don't know much about anything - you guys are so intelligent - Law, Psychology, Forensics, Unsubstantiated Rumours - JOKE!) but would there be more forensic evidence if she had been on dry land for most of that time, and only submerged in water over that weekend? I hope so..

someone said that the fingernails are actually a fantastic home for bacteria when submerged in water...it grows much better or something? cant remember but I got the impression that all trace evidence under nails was NOT washed away

hahaha....You are the old chook of the group (winks)

I turned 39 yesterday and baybee, I feel like my bones are croaking...um I mean, creaking....lol

Aaaw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY for yesterday!!!

Hi everyone just got back. I figure there is not much news.

A serious question (as one of the older ones -57 and feeling every day of it - I think I can :):Is there a possibility that someone could have walked from GBDs house to NGBs house or vice versa, and if so could that maybe explain the dogs barking? Ie someone had to take a car back and leave it at NGBs place?

Ps have some fairy floss for me if you are going to the show.

Yeah, the cops are being too slow. You guys should totally take things into your own hands.

Also, when this gets to court, i hope you locals have some kind of roster prepared to attend and keep us non-locals up to date.

Id almost be tempted to fly up.................My chickens are producing too many eggs of late and I have some tomatoes almost rotting on the vines.....lol

Hi everyone just got back. I figure there is not much news.

A serious question (as one of the older ones -57 and feeling every day of it - I think I can :):Is there a possibility that someone could have walked from GBDs house to NGBs house or vice versa, and if so could that maybe explain the dogs barking? Ie someone had to take a car back and leave it at NGBs place?

Ps have some fairy floss for me if you are going to the show.

from memory, it would only an hour or so I reckon, maybe a bit longer?

Looks like it is only 1.5 km or so. Maybe I am finally loosing my mind but one house is in Winrock and the other in Durness st?

someone said that the fingernails are actually a fantastic home for bacteria when submerged in water...it grows much better or something? cant remember but I got the impression that all trace evidence under nails was NOT washed away

I think that was some expert quoted in one of the news articles, and if I remember correctly he said that there is often little forensic evidence found under the fingernails because the bacteria destroy it. (sorry i don't have a link)

As far as I know (which isn't much) they will still be able to get a lot of information from the body, and even if they are unable to ascertain the exact cause of death, they will at least be able to rule out many scenarios.

ETA:

"The professor said it was unusual to get useful information from under someone's fingernails.

"Material under the fingernails would suffer from being in water but secondly - and I have specifically done a study on this - it is a beautiful spot for bacteria to grow," Prof Boettcher said.

"Material under the fingernails will get digested from under the fingernails in just a few hours.

"I often scoff at television programs that show people being convicted on vital evidence obtained from under fingernails because it needs to be obtained very rapidly.""

http://www.news.com.au/national/fac...rt/story-e6frfkvr-1226354396834#ixzz1vC3x1RBl

Hello everyone,

Like many others, I have been following this case with interest. Although I'm from Australia, I'm not a Brookfield local or Queenslander.

As this case started to develop, I did a lot of reading/research into other instances of family homicide, and in particular the Sef Gonzales case. It really is a fascinating case, and I would definitely recommend anyone new to sleuthing to have a look at this case, and the brilliant detective work which eventually undid Sef, and resulted in a conviction and life imprisonment. The most interesting aspect of this case was that although police/detectives had earmarked Sef as a suspect from the very first day/night of the investigation, it was not until <b>ELEVEN MONTHS</b> after the murders that police had enough evidence to arrest and charge Sef. Admittedly, Sef does come across as very manipulative, cold-blooded and intelligent - or at least, cunning enough to create an elaborate web of lies...

...the reason I bring him up relates to one of the big topics of speculation on this board over the last few days, "When/how will the arrest happen?" My $0.02:

1) An arrest will not happen any time soon. As much as I and everyone else here would like it to, it may take months.

2) The arrest, when it occurs, will probably be carried out in the same sort of manner as Sef's arrest, which can be seen here (real police footage, as featured on the episode of Crime Investigation Australia focusing on Sef Gonzales):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=s7FtH2z86oc#t=2639s
[the whole episode is well worth watching]

Sorry for being a little off-topic, but hopefully it provides some sort of context for how a potential arrest might take place.

I just dug up this quote from the first page of the first thread:

The plea they made was heartbreaking to say the least. I was interested at the end where they said call the parents or police but not the husband. Was a curious observation.

Looks to me like he was a suss the first day for sure! And what an interesting observation by this WS sleuth.

Got go and pick up the heir from his remarkable expensive private school. Thanks for the fun this afternoon, this is such a fascinating way to meet people, I only wish the circumstances were different.

By the way I am 55 and a mother, oh and female (just to clarify)

Looks like it is only 1.5 km or so. Maybe I am finally loosing my mind but one house is in Winrock and the other in Durness st?

Im not overly sure....But I thought it was Boscombe, Brookfield.....and yep, Durness.

I think that was some expert quoted in one of the news articles, and if I remember correctly he said that there is often little forensic evidence found under the fingernails because the bacteria destroy it. (sorry i don't have a link)

As far as I know (which isn't much) they will still be able to get a lot of information from the body, and even if they are unable to ascertain the exact cause of death, they will at least be able to rule out many scenarios.

thanks Paradox..I got that one totally backwards!!!!

I just dug up this quote from the first page of the first thread:

Looks to me like he was a suss the first day for sure! And what an interesting observation by this WS sleuth.

Hmmm! Seems they thought if someone called the husband the info may not be passed on?

You guys are getting way off topic in here. Discuss the case please.

Here's your chat room: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

We don't create chat rooms for groups of members very often. Please use it cuz you guys are special. :D

Everyone is a bit delirious cos it's Friday afternoon here, Kimster :Banane10:

To stay on topic (sort of; apologies if it's been mentioned explicitly before):

If we speculate that GBC is responsible for ABC's death and an accomplice was involved in body disposal, my feeling is that the death was not pre-meditated and the accomplice masterminded the disposal in order to 'make the most of a bad situation'...I.e. a cover-up of the death by dumping ABC's body in order to maximize chance of financial gain from life insurance/superannuation payout.

So I think the accomplice (with deeply vested financial interest, and perhaps the most powerful person in GBC's life), led the decision not to confess but to stage a disappearance. So potential financial gain was a motivation for the dumping but not for the killing.

JMO, could be totally wrong. And could be a re-hash of someone else's comments that I've missed. I've not had time to read last 10 pages or so.

Some of our states have links online where you can check to see if people have been arrested. Is there anything like that in Brisbane or Queensland?
Hi Kimster,
Well, there are daily court lists, which do list arrestees (for arrest court) ---> http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/daily-law-lists
HTH :)

I did intend to have a lot of input into this thread in order to help with understanding some aspects of the process (i am a criminologist, btw), but whenever i think of something to write, somebody else has already beaten me to it (I'm looking at you, Hawkins, lol)!
I personally believe (IMO) that GBC knows what has happened, but i am not so sure he is entirely guilty...just a gut feeling. I think there is a lot more to this case than meets the eye and i think probably 80% of what has been discussed is likely to be incorrect. Incidentally, one of the first things any person entering a justice system profession is told is that the media is a completely untrustworthy source of information... i personally have disregarded about 50% of what has been reported as fact by the media :twocents:

that would be fun - perhaps we could all wear deerstalker hats and carry magnifying glasses?

It's hat day today (for mental health causes) so we'd have an excuse to wear a hat.

Or we could all turn up in yellow jackets.

Actually, it could be too dangerous to go to the show, what with a killer being at large.

Hi Kimster,
Well, there are daily court lists, which do list arrestees (for arrest court) ---> http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/daily-law-lists
HTH :)

I did intend to have a lot of input into this thread in order to help with understanding some aspects of the process (i am a criminologist, btw), but whenever i think of something to write, somebody else has already beaten me to it (I'm looking at you, Hawkins, lol)!
I personally believe (IMO) that GBC knows what has happened, but i am not so sure he is entirely guilty...just a gut feeling. I think there is a lot more to this case than meets the eye and i think probably 80% of what has been discussed is likely to be incorrect. Incidentally, one of the first things any person entering a justice system profession is told is that the media is a completely untrustworthy source of information... i personally have disregarded about 50% of what has been reported as fact by the media :twocents:

A criminologist!! That sounds like someone we need on here. haha Sounds very interesting... what sort of things do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven