GUILTY Australia - Two adults & baby killed in shop explosion, Rozelle, NSW, 4 Sept 2014

Looking at those pictures of the baby boy in particular, and knowing he died in this, is one of the hardest things :(

There has still been no comment or mention of Mr Khan's wife, which seems a little odd. I wonder if it's possible they were separated, or in the middle of a divorce?

I dont think his wife would have had to have been at the store at that hour in the morning - the shop owner didn't live there (from what I can gather).
He also may have been at the shop early in the morning to get the daily delivery of papers off the street and get the milk in the fridges - it may be why he was found under a commercial fridge.
I hope Adeel Khan is recovering without complications, and that he gets better very soon.

To the loved ones and family of baby Jude and his mother Bianka O'Brien, my heartfelt prayers go out to you all at this time. I hope there are answers regarding what happened, for you very soon.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-co...ing-st-rozelle-explosion-20140905-10cxy7.html

Police confirm Chris Noble, 27, died in Darling St, Rozelle explosion

Three close friends were sound asleep when an explosion went off and later destroyed the unit they had been living in above a Rozelle shop on Thursday morning.

Todd Fisher and Corey Cameron managed to jump from their first storey unit and stumbled to safety.

Their mate Chris Noble never made it out.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-05/two-more-bodies-found-at-site-of-sydney-shop-explosion/5721374

Rozelle shop explosion: Police establish crime scene after three bodies recovered

Updated about an hour ago Fri 5 Sep 2014, 8:48pm

Police are seeking public assistance as they investigate the cause of an explosion at a shop in Sydney's inner west that claimed three lives.

The bodies of a woman and child, believed to be 31-year-old Bianka O'Brien and her 12-month-old son Jude, were pulled from the rubble on Friday afternoon.

Firefighters stood on the street in Rozelle and silently watched as the two bodies were stretchered out of the wreckage.

Job ads for newspaper delivery drivers here give starting times of 1am and 4.30am. So I guess if the store sold papers, that would be a reason for being there so early.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/arta...nted-for-weekend-work-in-mona-vale/1040495936

Not sure if they had Newspapers as there is also a Newsagency on the same street, normally other shops don't sell newspapers unless the newsagency is closed like on a Sunday arvo.

Rozelle Newsagency
Address: 708 Darling Street, Rozelle NSW 2039
Phone:(02) 9810 1495

Police have visited the Rozelle convenience store owner in the intensive care unit at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital as investigations continue into Thursday’s deadly explosion.

Adeel Khan is being treated in hospital after he was pulled from the debris at the back of the Darling Street building.

Police have looked into Mr Khan’s financial records and why he was at the store at 4am, News Corp reported.

Detectives have also obtained CCTV footage which may help determine the cause of the explosion that claimed the lives of Bianka O’Brien, 31, her one-year-old son Jude and neighbour Chris Noble.

Mr Khan, 44, was found crying out for help, covered by rubble and a fridge with only his hand sticking out.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...mourn-their-tragic-deaths#lXlS2ZBp0M7ER7Wt.99

This is just IMO.

Whoever lit the fire didn't expect there to be an explosion. I think it the fire hit the tank of a gas heater or some other source of petrol and unexpectedly blew up. Since it started at the back of the shop and moved forward, I think it travelled more quickly than expected. I am very interested to know who was driving the silver sedan.

And here it is. it was what I increasingly suspected, but couldn't say until he was named in the media. I think his wife was driving the silver sedan. I think the fire moved more quickly than he expected and he was not expecting the explosion - he was caught before he could escape.
ROZELLE convenience store owner Adeel Khan has become a key person of interest for Strike Force Baracchi detectives, who last night visited the intensive care unit at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital were he is being treated.

The Saturday Telegraph can reveal police have looked into Mr Khan’s financial records and why he was at the store at 4am — hours before the store usually opened.

Detectives have also obtained CCTV footage, which will help them trace Mr Khan’s movements before Thursday’s explosion at his Darling St store, which claimed the lives of Bianka O’Brien, 31, her one-year-old son Jude and neighbour Chris Noble.

The 44-year-old remained in RPA yesterday after being pulled from debris at the back of the building, where he was found crying for help. At the time he was covered by rubble and a fridge, with only his hands sticking out.

Mr Khan’s wife Naima has been by his side after he was taken to hospital with non-life- threatening injuries to his head and legs.

Local businesses said the convenience store, which the couple opened late last year, was not open 24 hours a day.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...no-investigation/story-fni0cx12-1227049614311

Roommates of Chris Noble - one of the three victims of the Rozelle explosion - have told of how they escaped the fiery inferno and when they last heard the voice of the 27-year-old.

Todd Fisher and Corey Cameron were the two men who leapt from the second storey balcony of a Darling Street apartment, which was above a convenience store.

'It was just a huge bang, you wake up and the ceiling is already gone,' Mr Cameron told The Saturday Telegraph.

'It was like a movie, the floors were falling in behind us, the walls were caving in, the roof was gone, smoke everywhere.

'I could just hear Chris say "I'm coming, I'm coming".'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-Christchurch-earthquake.html#ixzz3CULKoEkG

It would not have been standard practice for Mr Khan to arrive at the convenience store at four o'clock in the morning. One of the locals interviewed, told msm that there was usually a female who opened the store at around seven thirty in the morning and Mr Khan tended to stay back until perhaps eleven or twelve, after closing. I think the store operated from around seven thirty or eight mornings to eleven at nights.

I also think, although it's just my opinion, that whoever lit this fire (if it were arson) was not anticipating such a huge scale explosion. Perhaps just a fire to wipe out the contents of the store. Latest on the news is, that not only is the Fonelife store nextdoor reduced to rubble as well, but the whole building on the other side of the convenience store (housing more than one store) will have to be demolished. There is damage to buildings across the street and up to 110 metres away from the convenience store, and cars have been written off, not to mention lives lost. I find it hard to believe anyone would plan something with such wide scale destruction.

Hard to know if the silver car had anything to do with the explosion. If it were Naima, Adeel Khan's wife, I think the police would have established that by now, because pictures on the Channel 9 website indicate that she was accompanying her husband from the outset. She was at Rozelle after the explosion and has been with him in hospital ever since. Police would have had the opportunity to see if the silver car belonged to her, and yet msm is still reporting that police have not yet made progress with that line of inquiry.

Likewise is the mystery of the twenty five metre trail of blood that was found on the footpath leading away from the store...

https://www.facebook.com/nswpoliceforce/posts/10152428472746185

Statement from John O'Brien following the death of his wife and son in Rozelle fire

On Thursday morning I lost my beloved wife, Bianka, and our baby Jude.

Bianka was an inspiration to all who knew her – she was loyal, caring and absolutely loved life. People gravitated towards her because of her beautiful and warm personality.

Bianka and I were together for eight years, married for two, and to say she was the love of my life is an understatement.

I can’t believe how quickly those eight years have flown by but they have definitely been the best years of my life.

I know I was truly loved by her and the feeling was entirely mutual.
She was an exceptional person, a wonderful wife and an even better mother. This week Bianka was due to finish up her part-time work so she could move into the next phase of her life and fulfill her dream of caring for our boy full time.

Being a mother made her happy and she was a natural at it.
That brings me to my son, Jude, who I love with all my heart. By far the proudest moment of my life was becoming a father. He was a perfect baby and never stopped smiling.

Jude had just started to walk and was only just discovering the world around him. Everything was exciting to him and he was just a joy to be around.

He made everyone smile.

On behalf of Bianka’s father, Bill, and myself I would like to thank the community for the many well-wishes, flowers and phone calls we have received.

The events of the past few days have been devastating, but we have been overwhelmed by the response and support from the community.

I didn't realise Australian cities had the asbestos problems too. I thought it was only in rural areas.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back