GUILTY Australia - Two adults & baby killed in shop explosion, Rozelle, NSW, 4 Sept 2014

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/rozelle-s...rning-of-fatal-explosion-20140911-10fijp.html

"I know nothing".
I was wondering what Adeel Khan might have said to police who visited him in hospital on the weekend after the blast, in response to them trying to establish what he was doing at the store at 4am.
So, according to this report, seems he can't recall...
And it is reported that his wife was trying to call him, wondering where he was. There are two ways of taking that, I suppose. Firstly, to take it at face value that she really was totally in the dark about everything and just suddenly realised her husband was not home at four in the morning and tried to call. Or, she was calling his mobile to check with him on 'how the job was going'. At the end of the day, the call attempts would just be metadata on her and his phones...
The report also indicates that she went as far as drive to the store herself to find out what had happened to him. Well, how does that make sense? After having reportedly/allegedly not been able to contact him by phone, how did she know where he was?!!
JMO, but the more we hear about this story, the more sus it all sounds.

This all sounds so sus. In the photo of him being loaded into the ambulance, is that his wife? I wonder what time that was. It looks to be before dawn to me. It seems soon for her to be there.

The wife of a Rozelle convenience store owner caught in a fatal explosion was concerned by her husband's highly unusual absence from their Greenacre home at 4am and repeatedly tried to call him that morning, a close family friend has revealed.

Mr Khan was rescued from the rubble and remains in a stable condition. He has become a focus of police inquiries, yet Strike Force Baracchi detectives have not been able to interview him since the weekend due to his treatment.

Police have not been able to establish why he was in the store four hours after it closed and 3½ hours before it would usually open.

Syed Zafar Hussain, a Pakistani community figure and editor of local Pakistani newspaper Sada-a-Watan, said Ms Adeel revealed that she was worried her husband was not at home on Thursday morning and called him several times.

He believed she even travelled to the Darling Street site later that morning and collapsed after seeing the devastation.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/rozelle-s...-explosion-20140911-10fijp.html#ixzz3D8RyIdgR

Hmmm. Stories are not adding up. I think she was there earlier than she says.

This timeline says Adeel Khan was dug out at 4.55am.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...y-jude-continues/story-fni0cx12-1227047060317

If it is his wife in the photo ...

The blast occurred at 4.05am. So that is 50 minutes for Naima Khan to realise he wasn't home, get worried, call repeatedly, get dressed, drive from Greenacre to Rozelle (about 20 minutes) and be pictured by the ambulance at around 5am.

Yes, Fruity. In answer to your question, the woman near the ambulance in that photo is Naima, Adeel Khan. And your timeline in relation to her is very telling...
What surprises me is, why is the Pakistani Consul involved? I read that Adeel and Naima have only been in Australia for a couple of years or so, and came here from Boston, USA. Maybe they don't have permanent residency. Yet all of their actions and words that have so far been reported in the media have a common ring (to me, at least) - they all come across as nothing short of *defensive*!
If this fire was such an unfortunate accident, why get the Consul to speak for them? Are they in fear of being deported?? Are they scared of implicating themselves by speaking directly or of being questioned by the media?
They impart the 'token messages' of sympathy for those who lost their lives etc, but it doesn't sound as sincere or heart felt. If they were absolutely devastated and totally focused on the tragedy of what has happened, then you'd think that'd be a more focal point of their so far limited words.
It comes back to the reference msm and police made to a 'group' of up to three people possibly being involved in this act of arson. I wonder who those three could be?? Well, physically linked to the site we so far have: Adeel Khan himself, the un-named person who appeared to have been injured and left a trail of blood stains on the footpath, and Naima herself.

Just re-read some previous posts and realised it was the Pakistani community figure/newspaper editor who has recently spoken for the Khans. Although I do recall mention of the Consul in some other report also. Perhaps he was one of the people who paid a hospital visit.

Wow, that is both so sad yet so admirable. I wonder how he had the presence of mind and physical ability to write and send that text with everything on fire, exploding and crumbling around him...

On the Channel 7 news report tonight it was mentioned that when Adeel Khan was first pulled from the rubble, numerous witnesses heard him saying 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry'...

NBN news has more details:

3 counts of murder
2 counts of attempted murder
3 counts of manslaughter
17 different arson charges including one for setting a building on fire for financial gain

Police are not ruling out further charges

I wonder that too fruity, also who were the people he was arguing with out back? Or was that some clever ruse so it looks like he was a target of a revenge attack. jmo

I'm intrigued by that too. I wonder if it was all part of an act?

Details!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-23/man-arrested-over-rozelle-blast/5762490

Sydney police have alleged that the owner of an inner western Sydney convenience store destroyed in a deadly explosion earlier this month set up an elaborate system of fuel containers inside the shop.

Police have alleged Kahn deliberately set fire to the business to claim insurance money.

A police statement of facts said Khan purchased close to 40 litres of petrol in the days leading up to the fatal blast and fire.

Inside the rubble of the store, officers found numerous small containers of fuel tied together with strips of cloth with an improvised ignition device.

Police said when Khan was also found in the rubble at the time of the blast, he repeatedly told paramedics: "I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

Khan is alleged to have been heavily in debt and in recent months twice upgraded his insurance coverage.

The counts of attempted murder are in relation to Mr Noble's flatmates.

He will face court again in October.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/adeel-kha...ance-payout-police-claim-20140923-10l1u1.html

In the early hours of of September 4, baby boy Jude did what 11-month-old babies do, waking his parents Bianka and John as they slept in their inner-western Sydney apartment.

The young couple, living in a unit above a set of shops on Darling Street, Rozelle, comforted their son. After taking him downstairs, Ms O'Brien allegedly told her husband it smelt like someone was spray-painting a driveway outside.

:(

Wow, I didn't realise John O'Brien cut it so fine and only left for work only twenty minutes before the blast...
And how unfortunate that Bianka went back upstairs to bed with Jude. If only they'd stepped outside to investigate that smell further... Or stayed downstairs, perhaps. At least they were in the bed together.
How terribly sad the whole thing is and how utterly reckless on the part of Khan.

And seems that that twenty five metre trail of blood on Darling Street and sight of someone running away must have related to a passer by who had no involvement in the blast. He was probably injured by flying debris.
I also thought that that street argument might have been part of an elaborate set up, especially given Khan invented an elaborate story for police as reported - about being held at gunpoint, robbed, etc...

At 9.30pm on September 4, the night before his Rozelle convenience store exploded, he had even served Jude’s dad, John O’Brien, in the shop.

But that night, instead of going home to Greenacre, Khan allegedly laid out plastic petrol containers full of almost 39 litres of fuel throughout his store, office and storeroom area. They were arranged in a “complex and elaborate” system linked together with wicks, lengths of material and a rechargeable Vision Brand 6V battery, police allege in the statement of facts.

There were also a number of AA batteries stuck together and joined to the larger battery by lengths of wire, it is alleged. It is alleged the device was set up as a means of creating an *ignition or possible time delay for *ignition. It is alleged Khan planned the fire because he owed money.

In his trouser pocket was a carbon fibre breathing mask.

Police allege he owed $8000 in rent, which he had told the real estate agent he intended to pay on September 4, the day of the explosion.

AGL had threatened to cut off electricity over arrears of $3435 and Khan still owed over $5400 to another electricity company.

In February and May, he had increased his insurance with insurer Allianz to $225,000, it is alleged.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ozelle-explosion/story-fnihslxi-1227068569328

It never ceases to amaze me when the criminal mind will resort to arson/explosives and cause death and destruction just because they owe money or want money!! What a low, despicable person, I hope he has a long sentence and dies in prison. :censored:

At 9.30pm on September 4, the night before his Rozelle convenience store exploded, he had even served Jude’s dad, John O’Brien, in the shop.

But that night, instead of going home to Greenacre, Khan allegedly laid out plastic petrol containers full of almost 39 litres of fuel throughout his store, office and storeroom area. They were arranged in a “complex and elaborate” system linked together with wicks, lengths of material and a rechargeable Vision Brand 6V battery, police allege in the statement of facts.

There were also a number of AA batteries stuck together and joined to the larger battery by lengths of wire, it is alleged. It is alleged the device was set up as a means of creating an *ignition or possible time delay for *ignition. It is alleged Khan planned the fire because he owed money.

In his trouser pocket was a carbon fibre breathing mask.

Police allege he owed $8000 in rent, which he had told the real estate agent he intended to pay on September 4, the day of the explosion.

AGL had threatened to cut off electricity over arrears of $3435 and Khan still owed over $5400 to another electricity company.

In February and May, he had increased his insurance with insurer Allianz to $225,000, it is alleged.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ozelle-explosion/story-fnihslxi-1227068569328

Now I'm wondering whether the previously reported 'heat' in the convenience store in the lead up to the blast, was Khan turning off air con in order to save electricity and money. Apart from owing rent, he was in debt with electricity bills.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne
Back