Book: Precious Angels

beesy said:
You're right. I've read the autopsy reports many times. I was protesting the nick in the subflooring rumor, not the depth of the wound. You done good, love.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I finally did something right. I am about 50 pages into MTJD now. OMgosh....how stupid was Chris? The only thing he got right so far was that there wasn't mulch under the window. The pictures are good though. :D

deandaniellws said:
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I finally did something right. I am about 50 pages into MTJD now. OMgosh....how stupid was Chris? The only thing he got right so far was that there wasn't mulch under the window. The pictures are good though. :D
Well, my promise lasted a long time, huh? No there wasn't any mulch directly under the window, but the quickest, easiest way for the intruder to have escaped would be to run through the mulch which was beside the window. In other words, the intruder would not have jumped out the window and gone straight, but run to the side towards freedom. Cron is still right on that one, so let's all taunt Chris!

beesy said:
Well, my promise lasted a long time, huh? No there wasn't any mulch directly under the window, but the quickest, easiest way for the intruder to have escaped would be to run through the mulch which was beside the window. In other words, the intruder would not have jumped out the window and gone straight, but run to the side towards freedom. Cron is still right on that one, so let's all taunt Chris! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_15_3.gif
Well, if I was a murderer, I would have gone out the front door. But, since we all know there was not an intruder, I guess it doesn't matter! LOL!!!:laugh:

deandaniellws said:
It was Devon. I am not talking about the transcript. I am talking about the official autopsy. Read the official autopsy. I copied that part of the autopsy in my above posts relating to the fact that the knife went through the body and came out the other side....1/16th of an inch. It was the point of the knife. As I said before, it couldn't have caused the nick under the carpet because the tip barely came out the posterior chest wall. Posterior means the back side of the chest. You can't see it in the photos because 1/16th of an inch is about this - big.

and penetrates into the right posterior chest approximately 1/16 inch. Read the autopsy. Wound one....it says it goes in from the left side of the chest....and penetrates...meaning it goes through... The point went through the back side 1/16th of an inch.
Okay, gotcha, but I wasn't saying it did nick the concrete, only that they found a nick in the concrete and initially thought that is what caused it. In those early days is probably where the confusion came from. Now that you have pointed out the autopsy report reference, it gives even more credance to the likelihood that an incorrect assumption, probably initially by LE and/or the family, was the original source of the incorrect information. That was a nice little bit of detecting, girls. :clap:

deandaniellws said:
Well, if I was a murderer, I would have gone out the front door. But, since we all know there was not an intruder, I guess it doesn't matter! LOL!!!:laugh:
Maybe anal retentive, OCD to the max Monk would have to take the same route back to his car, no matter how many easier, quicker routes were at his disposal, but he is the only one on the planet!!!

Goody said:
Maybe anal retentive, OCD to the max Monk would have to take the same route back to his car, no matter how many easier, quicker routes were at his disposal, but he is the only one on the planet!!!
Monk is a hoot! :laugh:

Goody said:
Okay, gotcha, but I wasn't saying it did nick the concrete, only that they found a nick in the concrete and initially thought that is what caused it. In those early days is probably where the confusion came from. Now that you have pointed out the autopsy report reference, it gives even more credance to the likelihood that an incorrect assumption, probably initially by LE and/or the family, was the original source of the incorrect information. That was a nice little bit of detecting, girls. :clap:
But, my point of digging around to find out whether she stabbed him that deep was to see if the extreme rage factor was there. I mean, she was pretty pissed about something to stab him that freaking deep. I just can't imagine the whole situation!:( Most LE feel that a crime with that kind of rage is usually personal. So, another factor that points to the parents. :(

deandaniellws said:
Monk is a hoot! :laugh:
My POSSLQ watches Monk and I do occassionally. He is a nut. I love his latest promo piece where he needs to retrieve three coins out of a fountain because it is more than he should've thrown in. The captain's wife is with him and she can't believe he is for real. he says it "will haunt him." LOL!

deandaniellws said:
But, my point of digging around to find out whether she stabbed him that deep was to see if the extreme rage factor was there. I mean, she was pretty pissed about something to stab him that freaking deep. I just can't imagine the whole situation!:( Most LE feel that a crime with that kind of rage is usually personal. So, another factor that points to the parents. :(
The rage factor is hard to determine. I agree that if it exists it would definitely point to the parents, but I can't make up my mind if I think the attack was methodical and well targeted or some kind of anger/rage. The problem I have with rage is that the kids were stabbed only enough to kill them. I would expect someone out of control to stab many, many times, like a dozen or more.

As for why she stabbed Devon so deep, as I recall the blade penetrated on an angle so part if it might have been the position both of them were in. Also, it appears he was fighting back, at least briefly and that might have angered her enough to plunge harder with the next stab.

I try not to visualize the attack in too much detail for the same reason you mention. It is difficult to imagine and makes me shudder if I even get close, so no thank you on that one. I will let someone else play the Jordan Cavanaugh game.

Goody said:
The rage factor is hard to determine. I agree that if it exists it would definitely point to the parents, but I can't make up my mind if I think the attack was methodical and well targeted or some kind of anger/rage. The problem I have with rage is that the kids were stabbed only enough to kill them. I would expect someone out of control to stab many, many times, like a dozen or more.

As for why she stabbed Devon so deep, as I recall the blade penetrated on an angle so part if it might have been the position both of them were in. Also, it appears he was fighting back, at least briefly and that might have angered her enough to plunge harder with the next stab.

I try not to visualize the attack in too much detail for the same reason you mention. It is difficult to imagine and makes me shudder if I even get close, so no thank you on that one. I will let someone else play the Jordan Cavanaugh game.
The more I dig into this case...the more I say...WTH!?!!?:doh:

deandaniellws said:
I think the stabbings were very methodical, like by someone who knew what they were doing, i.e. Darin who has some medical training. Only enough to kill as previsously stated. If rage you would have seen more, and IMO, varied stabbing and cuts.

At first I thought Darlie wouldn't have had the strength (upper body strenghth usually weak in women) to make the deep wounds going through the rib cages, but the prosecutor repeatedly talked about how the rib cages on the young boys would have been fairly pliable or soft (or something to that effect). So I still could go with either one doing it.

But methodical, not rage.

justice2 said:
I think the stabbings were very methodical, like by someone who knew what they were doing, i.e. Darin who has some medical training. Only enough to kill as previsously stated. If rage you would have seen more, and IMO, varied stabbing and cuts.

At first I thought Darlie wouldn't have had the strength (upper body strenghth usually weak in women) to make the deep wounds going through the rib cages, but the prosecutor repeatedly talked about how the rib cages on the young boys would have been fairly pliable or soft (or something to that effect). So I still could go with either one doing it.

But methodical, not rage.
You are correct. Rib cartlege takes years to harden. The knife went right through them on both boys. Just the difference in weight should have been sufficient for her to have been capable of doing that.

As for which one knew the human body well enough to know where to stab, on a small child anywhere in the upper torso is likely to hit a major organ so I don't think any special knowledge would be any more beneficial. I do agree that the wounds seem methodical. I have aleays leaned in that direction. I just can't rule out anger as the trigger.

Hi, all. I recently wandered over here from the JBR board after reading a book about Darlie Routier and the murders of the boys. I'm glad to see there is so much information and people are still actively talking about this case.

The book I read was Precious Angels, by Barbara Davis. I could hardly put it down, and now I'm wondering if anyone could please direct me toward other books about the Routier case.

Based on this one book I've read and the information here, I'm left with the impression that Darlie was responsible for the deaths of Devon and Damon. Her story doesn't make sense, and don't get me started about the Silly String video. I saw that on tv years ago but didn't realize just how callous and guilty it made Darlie look until I started reading the details. And what mother throws a birthday party for the neighborhood children after the child whose birthday it was (her own child!) was murdered just days before?

Hi. . .first time posting on websleuths and didn't see how to start new thead. . . .Can someone help me understand something . .saw a show about this case on Youtube and Barbara Davis mentioned that near bloody sock there was a butcher knife stuck into ground. Police decided it wasn't relevant just a "digging tool"??? I have been thinking Darlie did it but had never heard this before. . .what the heck is up with this other knife found near the sock??? thanks!

Hi. . .first time posting on websleuths and didn't see how to start new thead. . . .Can someone help me understand something . .saw a show about this case on Youtube and Barbara Davis mentioned that near bloody sock there was a butcher knife stuck into ground. Police decided it wasn't relevant just a "digging tool"??? I have been thinking Darlie did it but had never heard this before. . .what the heck is up with this other knife found near the sock??? thanks!

"Near" is probably a little misleading. The knife and other kitchen utensils were embedded in the ground in a backyard protected by a 6 ft locked fence. A cop spotted them during the investigation but since he noted the area around the knife embedded in the ground was not disturbed he didn't consider it evidence. He followed through and spoke to the resident, Guzman, about it and examined the knife. He decided it wasn't the weapon based on appearance. They were later collected and tested, confirming the knife was not the murder weapon.

"Near" is probably a little misleading. The knife and other kitchen utensils were embedded in the ground in a backyard protected by a 6 ft locked fence. A cop spotted them during the investigation but since he noted the area around the knife embedded in the ground was not disturbed he didn't consider it evidence. He followed through and spoke to the resident, Guzman, about it and examined the knife. He decided it wasn't the weapon based on appearance. They were later collected and tested, confirming the knife was not the murder weapon.

This is the kind of stuff that the Darlie groupies like to grab onto and then distort to fit their narrative. Aside from the logical issue of an intruder over killing two babies while leaving the adult with relatively minor injuries (same problem Jeffrey MacDonald had with his fairy tale) the physical evidence is overwhelming.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back