GUILTY CA - AW, 16, Kernville, 11 June 2015

Ok, if Max is not. Max.. Who is he?
is there a family searching for him?
is his photo listed anywhere as "missing" or "wanted"?
When did he change is name to "Max" .. 20 yrs ago, As family knew him as "Max" - so what happened around 20 yrs ago?
It is believed that Max Kozak is his real name. And it is also believed that he came from money, so he may have a huge stash to cash flow his future life of living off the grid.

I have a feeling we won't find these two for years.

It is believed that Max Kozak is his real name. And it is also believed that he came from money, so he may have a huge stash to cash flow his future life of living off the grid.

I have a feeling we won't find these two for years.

I think you mean to say that it is believed his real name is Max Kozac but he goes by Max Kozak.

I think you mean to say that it is believed his real name is Max Kozac but he goes by Max Kozak.
Nope. I meant to say his real name is Max Kozak.

A recent poster on the FAW Facebook site mentioned a few tidbits of information that I found interesting. He stated that he knew Max, as did his father. The fathers recalls the following unverified information:

• Max Kozac is his real name
  • He is first generation Hungarian-American
  • He was born on the east coast
  • He was born to a wealthy family
  • His dad that was a corporate raider during the 80's
  • He went to first class schools growing up, but dropped out dropped out of college
  • He had a checking account in his name in 2004 (poster's dad says he received a check from Max)
  • Max had a fight with then disassociated from his family (greed related)
  • He moved out west to avoid the family

Then what did you mean here? ;)

The "facts" about Max, were from something posted on a FB page. They are rumors, not facts. Also when the person posted it on the FB page, they made a typo and typed Kozac instead of Kozak. Later down in the comments, they admitted to making that mistake and said it was in fact Kozak. I did some digging around and didn't find anything to support his story. I am also 1st generation Hungarian-American with ties to the east coast.

In addition the reported Australian accent does not fit with the back story he gave. There is a youtube video tribute to his girlfriend that died a few years ago and near the beginning of it there is a man's voice laughing while she was being silly. I picked up an accent in the sounds, but could not make out any words. The video I am referring to is about 7 minutes long.

http://www.mammothtimes.com/content/missing-girl-could-be-local-area

According to Jenkins, authorities can find no record of a Max Kozak – no address, no driver’s license, no vehicles registered to that name – in the system and believe the name to be a possible alias.

A left behind a note telling her family “she was going to a camp and would not be in touch.” Initially, Jenkins suspected the two were at any of the dozens of the pack stations in the Eastern or Western Sierra, and then considered they could be simply “hiding out” in the backcountry, since both are experienced in surviving outdoors.

I ran some of his images through tineye and google image and didn't find any matches.

I guess I'm just confused about who the dodge truck is registered to. Is it not registered to anyone? They have a license plate number, it must not be registered to someone named Max Kozak because in the articles they say they can find no record of a car registered to anyone with that name. So then, who is the truck registered to?!? Gah.

Oh and I was away a few days then tapatalk wouldn't let me post (gah! Again). I'm surprised at the lack of movement although the FB page seems to be getting a lot of attention/shares.

I think A is probably much more mature (and responsible until recently) than her 16 young years. I think she was likely enamored by MK and his maturity, experience, cowboy lifestyle as opposed to the boys at school.

I mean I admit-I had innocent crushes on professors in college that were significantly older than me. Of course though, I was an adult and that's all they were-crushes.

http://www.mammothtimes.com/content/...-be-local-area

According to Jenkins, authorities can find no record of a Max Kozak – no address, no driver’s license, no vehicles registered to that name – in the system and believe the name to be a possible alias.

He is described on missing persons posters distributed by the Kern County Sheriff’s Office as “an unknown white male” around the age of 45, six feet tall, 200 pounds, muscular build, with short dark hair and hazel eyes. He is known to wear an off-white, dirty, felt cowboy hat. - See more at: http://www.mammothtimes.com/content/missing-girl-could-be-local-area#

Ok, so if his real name is Max - why is the County Sherif office distributing posters of an "unknown" male.
They didn't just take Jenkins word for it - they must have searched for info on Max Kozak and came up with nothing.

Anyone find a more recent photo of A? The last pic on her FB is dated Aug 2014 .. Almost a yr ago..
Afetr looking at that one and then looking at at the missing poster .. IMO.. The Aug 2014 one is where she looks the oldest - the other photos are dated the yr before or even the yr before that (as they are on her FB also)

Ok - we are missing something here.

Where are this beautiful girls "girlfriends"? I recall LeMars case, thee were lots of "friends" that spoke out and a quick click, you could follow the friends talking of her and posting on their own FB pages - there is none of that here., that I can find, anyway.

Also. "Max" has a FB account but it was also recently open it says.. He has joined the group of his former GF.. And that's it. I also assume his profile pic is a photo of the former GF. And him...?

There seems to be no life(online) for these two prior to vanishing...

Why hasn't the FBI been all over this "Max" person? Is he a fugitive on the run from an incident that happened 20 or more yrs ago? Is he a missing person or I should say run away from his family? I am assuming he had to have been 25-30yrs old 20 yrs ago..

Also. Did these two vanish close to the time his former GF was having a funeral service back in 2009 (or 10) I can't remember...

I guess In want to know why no one is concerned that this young girl ran with a older man who has no past and no real name and a prior YOUNG GF who is no longer on the earth.

Then what did you mean here? ;)
That list is compiled of non-verified information. The person who provided this later corrected themselves to say that Kozak was the spelling they meant to use. I also clearly did not carefully edit my posting before hitting the send button.... =/

That list is compiled of non-verified information. The person who provided this later corrected themselves to say that Kozak was the spelling they meant to use. I also clearly did not carefully edit my posting before hitting the send button.... =/

You're good. Someone upthread clarified. I just don't get how:
1. they have the license plate but aren't releasing the name it was registered to, and
2. he skipped town in April but not a soul except A knows where to, and
3. she is supposedly known to be with him, but we have no idea how this is known.

And I fully believe that they are together, based on what we've seen, but there is much more the public isn't privy to. If that information was released, they would be a lot easier to find, IMO.

You're good. Someone upthread clarified. I just don't get how:
1. they have the license plate but aren't releasing the name it was registered to, and
2. he skipped town in April but not a soul except A knows where to, and
3. she is supposedly known to be with him, but we have no idea how this is known.

And I fully believe that they are together, based on what we've seen, but there is much more the public isn't privy to. If that information was released, they would be a lot easier to find, IMO.
I agree. He probably left in April to secure their future love-nest. I haven't heard that the FBI is in on this. Any word about that? This pedophile can't be allowed to run off with a teenage girl. They could be in Canada by now. I think she thinks this guy is her king. But she is too young and naive to realize she is prey to a creepy old guy.

Based on the fact that A annually attended a summer camp for troubled youths, I think the parents know a lot more about her motives to leave and the circumstances leading up to it than they are letting on. The truck registration is a true mystery. Perhaps he bought it from an independent person and paid cash, and never actually registered it. He might have stolen plates on it, or mismatched plates for some other non-drivable auto that he somehow got the DMV info on. This is a cash-only guy. He knows how to stay off the radar. But someone somewhere from his past knows who he is.

The "facts" about Max, were from something posted on a FB page. They are rumors, not facts. Also when the person posted it on the FB page, they made a typo and typed Kozac instead of Kozak. Later down in the comments, they admitted to making that mistake and said it was in fact Kozak. I did some digging around and didn't find anything to support his story. I am also 1st generation Hungarian-American with ties to the east coast.

In addition the reported Australian accent does not fit with the back story he gave. There is a youtube video tribute to his girlfriend that died a few years ago and near the beginning of it there is a man's voice laughing while she was being silly. I picked up an accent in the sounds, but could not make out any words. The video I am referring to is about 7 minutes long.
I think whomever mentioned the accent was guessing at its origin. New Englanders have a very strong accent. There are huge numbers of Hungarian transplants on the east coast. Many arrived to the safe haven of among other places - North America, landing in both America and Canada as refugees of the 1956 Hungarian Revolution. The story of Max's potential family ties is at least worth researching.

This case pretty fascinating IMO and I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more attention here. Who is this guy? No checking accounts? No drivers license on record? Has he always worked for cash? Was he in the marines (sticker on truck) do they have a record of a MK?

I haven't looked into the 'camp for troubled youths' but that doesn't seem to 'fit' AW (of course I don't know much about her). I could see her maybe being more of a counselor type person with her experience and upbringing...like teaching the kids who are there how to ride/pack/etc.

I still feel in my gut that he wouldn't hurt her (physically/violently). But sexually/emotionally? :(

I remember 16. I thought my bf at the time was the end all be all...

In the surveillance video shown on the news (posted on HF A FB page) they are in the linens section of Walmart. They appear to be looking at sheets. It appears she curled her hair. They do not look dirty at all; however these shots may have been taken two weeks ago, when she first left.
They traveled a little over two hours southwest of Wofford Heights. I hope they are not headed towards Mexico and are close by.

. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435352001.711382.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK
Back