CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I want to say that I highly doubt he only did this to 5 or less women. I think its more like above 10 and more that we are not aware of. I believe he is the key to where some girls and women are located and unfortunately not with us anymore, or have raped several of them.
Also, I'm curious to get input on everyones take on the "special circumstances"? Did he do something unnatural to her in the rape or murder?

I'm curious as to what others think COD may be. I'm thinking perhaps she was stabbed to death. the Dec. attack on the other jogger, she fought back and got away. i'm leaning towards him thinking that wasn't going to happen the next time he attacked, so he came prepared with a knife. JMO

RIP Chelsea and prayers for your family

dying from stab wounds takes quite a long time (unless a few key arteries are severed) and is very messing. I would think that LE would have found a blood trail if so.
IMO He grabbed her while she was running, took her to the place that they found her underwear, raped her there and then took her to the place the body was found. And and he murdered her somewhere in that process.

First, I want to say that I highly doubt he only did this to 5 or less women. I think its more like above 10 and more that we are not aware of. I believe he is the key to where some girls and women are located and unfortunately not with us anymore, or have raped several of them.
Also, I'm curious to get input on everyones take on the "special circumstances"? Did he do something unnatural to her in the rape or murder?

Special circumstances means a felony committed in the act of another felony...i.e. a murder during the act of rape...(as far as I understand it)

I kinda don't wanna know KWIM? I'm thinking either strangulation, possibly snapped neck, or - and this is IF that knife is involved he either stabbed her or simply slit her throat. Any way - its just horrible.

True, just looking into this man's eyes had to be terrifying for Chelsea.

I am so saddened for her and for her family. Chelsea deserved so much better than to have her short life end this way.

imo

When I was 18 years old I was dating a Marine from San Clemente-and I had to go to the bus station in San Diego-I told the BF I had to go to the ladies room-As I opened the door to the Ladies Room I saw a man DIVING under a stall-I backed out and told the BF-we went and told Greyhound Employees.....they immediately responded-they entered the restroom-when they came out they asked me if he had clothes on when I saw him-I said 'yes'----they told me he had none on when they went in....

With him being such a large man I think he most likely strangled her with his bare hands when she fought back.

imo
Since he'd already been arrested as a suspect in her murder before her body was found, something leads me to think there's some physical evidence tying him to the crime ~ like maybe a weapon with blood on it, or bloody clothes, etc. Even though there was the jogger at the same park, it's still a leap to suspect him of murder if there wasn't some evidence. Just MOO.

Special circumstances means a felony committed in the act of another felony...i.e. a murder during the act of rape...(as far as I understand it)

You are correct.

That means it can be a death penalty case and I am sure it will be.

imo

Hey adnoind - can you close thread #2 for us? TYVM!!!!! :)

Since he'd already been arrested as a suspect in her murder before her body was found, something leads me to think there's some physical evidence tying him to the crime ~ like maybe a weapon with blood on it, or bloody clothes, etc. Even though there was the jogger at the same park, it's still a leap to suspect him of murder if there wasn't some evidence. Just MOO.

I think they found blood on her under garments. LE knew Chelsea was not coming home alive. They have seen this way too often. I know they held out some glimmer of hope but deep down they knew she was deceased.

imo

Here is a definition of special cicumstances I found on the web.

special circumstances n. in criminal cases, particularly homicides, actions of the accused or the situation under which the crime was committed for which state statutes allow or require imposition of a more severe punishment. "Special circumstances" in murder cases may well result in the imposition of the death penalty (in states with capital punishment) for murder or life sentence without possibility of parole. Such circumstances may include: rape, kidnapping or maiming prior to the killing, multiple deaths, killing a police officer or prison guard, or actions showing wanton disregard for life such as throwing a bomb into a restaurant.

I wanted to bring this over from the other thread.....i didn't know how to do it except to copy and paste....
it was something someone else wrote about that i quoted....
i hope i did this ok....
here it is.....

For all you females out there-when you meet a guy with a 'glaze'(sudden or not) in his eyes-RUN. This is easily recognizable IF you are paying attention. It appears out of nowhere-but is clearly discernible. One time foolishly I accepted a ride with a guy and we decided to 'party'...he drove me into the neighborhood woods and parked-he had a van-he enticed me into the back of it-then I felt this overwhelming voice in my head-said RUN. I told him I had to use the restroom (the woods)-I mean-this guy had a lot of drugs on him and he parked where no-one would have found me- I ran like a *advertiser censored* through the woods-in the semi-dark-I found the road and was hysterically flagging down cars.he had been chasing me through those same woods in the middle of a neighborhood-I will never forget this moment as long as I live I believe to this day he was going to kill me..

Wow...that sounds so scary...running through the woods in the dark from a guy chasing you....omg....did someone pick you up?...you don't have to say of course if you don't want....i'm glad you got away! :(

ETA.....it worked fine! Yay lol :)

I thought the special circumstances were murder while in the commission of another felony which was rape/attempted rape. :waitasec:

On the previous thread, there was discussion about "attempted rape" and comments saying that was standard phrasing. On the complaint there are two:

1) Chelsea: rape/murder

2) CM (jogger): attack/attempted rape

I think that's where the attempted rape charge comes in - with CM, not Chelsea, IIRC. Also, I think someone said they put him in a lineup for CM (jogger) to ID him before his picture hit the news. That's how they got him on that charge, not the DNA.

On the previous thread, there was discussion about "attempted rape" and comments saying that was standard phrasing. On the complaint there are two:

1) Chelsea: rape/murder

2) CM (jogger): attack/attempted rape

I think that's where the attempted rape charge comes in - with CM, not Chelsea, IIRC. Also, I think someone said they put him in a lineup for CM (jogger) to ID him before his picture hit the news. That's how they got him on that charge, not the DNA.
yes I heard that as well - CM ID'd him from picture and I think this ID happened before they arrested him.

The 'attempted' part is definitely for the CM charge and I think LE was going to us that if they hadn't found the body - but now, through autopsy they will know if she was raped.

As far as COD - I also heard tonight that the medical examiner is keeping all that sealed - at least for now. So we might not hear a COD for a while.

I think they found blood on her under garments. LE knew Chelsea was not coming home alive. They have seen this way too often. I know they held out some glimmer of hope but deep down they knew she was deceased.

imo
I'm sorry but I'm confused! Did they find her underwear before finding her body ~ like when he was arrested? I thought the underwear was close to where she was and were found at the same time, along with a shoe. Please help! :confused:

Someone else already did. Usually best to start a new thread when things are quiet :D
Thankx - I saw that. :D

No pnathera - they found her underwear early on and ran preliminary DNA on it - which matched up to his DNA.

Near her body they found a shoe - and that shoe was found before they found her as well.

I'm sorry but I'm confused! Did they find her underwear before finding her body ~ like when he was arrested? I thought the underwear was close to where she was and were found at the same time, along with a shoe. Please help! :confused:

IIRC her undies and maybe something else was found first.........LE woman holding 2 bags in search ..............then DNA matched him and he was arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member