CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably - what was "out of the norm" with this one is the fact that LE arrested him on Sunday before they found her and yet was already talking murder - so whatever they found before they found her led LE to the fact that she had been murdered - so what did they find?

Very true, maybe something JAG said tipped LE off though...

But If she was stabbed and bleeding before he got to the grave site, there would have been an almost unstoppable scent trail for the dogs to follow if dogs were brought to the site of her underwear. With the rain the blood might have not been visible but the dogs would have alerted to a trail, if she was bleeding I think.

i think they presumed the worst when they found the underwear and added the suspicion of murder just to make sure he could not bond out if they had not yet found her before the hearing...if there was a lot of blood, i agree, the dogs should have alerted more and maybe led to the body much sooner...though rain did not help

probably - what was "out of the norm" with this one is the fact that LE arrested him on Sunday before they found her and yet was already talking murder - so whatever they found before they found her led LE to the fact that she had been murdered - so what did they find?
I too think it's a weapon (like a knife) with blood on it ~ something that would directly connect with murder, rather than just the underwear with DNA on it. MOO

"An investigator holds two bags, which according to a sheriff's deputy, contained a knife and a pair of panties, that were found near where the suspect was arrested in the case involving missing teenager Chelsea King Tuesday March 2, 2010."
http://www.760kfmb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12075781

The knife could be unrelated. It's my feeling this was not a bloody crime scene. It would be very risky for him to walk out of the park with blood on him. I've run in the park many times and you never know who is going to be coming around a corner at any given time.

I'm sorry but I'm confused! Did they find her underwear before finding her body ~ like when he was arrested? I thought the underwear was close to where she was and were found at the same time, along with a shoe. Please help! :confused:

Her underwear was found the prior to JAG's arrest. I think it was found on Saturday. DNA on her underwear matched JAG's DNA - on file as he's a RSO.

Why is the news not releasing any thing about JAG???
We usually hear more about the killer?

I am baffled by this too. Usually the news organizations race each other for the scoop. But there is an astonishing lack of information being put out there about him.

RReports were that his pants were wet and muddy...........could they of been wet and bloody?
Just a thought of mine and no proof............just speculating
That's another good thought. I really do believe blood is involved; otherwise if her body hadn't been found yesterday, they would have to face releasing him if they didn't have some evidence a murder actually took place. MOO

His first victim 10 years ago, he beat her head IIRC, lots of blood from nose I would think.
and the jogger?
Does he beat before he rapes?
so many questions and WHY???
IMO, I don't think it is all sexual........more of a hunt, more like killing for sport?
a rage thing..........

I too think it's a weapon (like a knife) with blood on it ~ something that would directly connect with murder, rather than just the underwear with DNA on it. MOO
But - unless there was copious amounts of blood how did LE connect what they found to murder? That has had my brain on overdrive for days now. Whatever LE found it led them to the conclusion of murder. The astrology thread says this was a brutal, horrific crime - so - don't know.

I wonder how quiet the park/trail is where she jogs usually? Maybe he has been following her and new her routine. Not being afraid that someone would catch you raping and killing someone in the park?
Would he of left the knife aside where she was found? Is it still a rumor about the knife?How far away from the park is where Amber was taken? Maybe he took her to the park or lake as well? Do we think they are not releasing and sealing the autopsy out of respect for her family?

The amount of trail traffic really varies.

It's not like you're constantly running past people, but there are definitely others that you pass periodically, but how often varies, and it varies within various trails, too.

The park/lake is about 10-12 miles south of where Amber was taken from. I'll update my map in my sig in a bit to show where Amber was taken and JAG's previous home.

RReports were that his pants were wet and muddy...........could they of been wet and bloody?
Just a thought of mine and no proof............just speculating

Local news has been saying damp and a bit muddy, not wet and coated with mud as the rumor had been earlier.

Honestly, I really can't imagine he'd be out with blood on his clothes - this was days later, and way too many people and LEO, etc. were out and about, blood on clothes would definitely attract attention.

AmandaReckonwith-I don't think that is his mother's name as I think that name is associated with a woman in another state., not San Diego.

Thanks, I have edited the picture, will wait for a while, don't want to jump the gun or ID the wrong person (wish the media would have said).
I did post a comment on the pic though.

Read the scanner thread on her, the dogs were called in at the last minute.
We heard things like "trail behind you", 'waiting for dogs', 'close in the perimeter'.
then asap calls to a dive team,etc.
I do not believe the dogs actually had time to work ..........I could be wrong........

His first victim 10 years ago, he beat her head IIRC, lots of blood from nose I would think.
and the jogger?
Does he beat before he rapes?
so many questions and WHY???
IMO, I don't think it is all sexual........more of a hunt, more like killing for sport?
a rage thing..........

Rape has NOTHING to do with sex whatsoever, it is all about power and total control over someone else.

I think he escalated to murder because he didn't want to leave a witness behind for fear he'd be locked up back in jail.

The amount of trail traffic really varies.

It's not like you're constantly running past people, but there are definitely others that you pass periodically, but how often varies, and it varies within various trails, too.

The park/lake is about 10-12 miles south of where Amber was taken from. I'll update my map in my sig in a bit to show where Amber was taken and JAG's previous home.

thanks, we have park and it is about the same.........but maybe he was a regular out there and people were used to him?
I never think of anything, men walking, running, with CD players?
It may of been a slow evening....... dinner time?
what was the weather like?

It is amazing the mix of negative emotions that a perp can have for a total stranger! The only continuity is the gender,body type (small, runner etc) that attracts the perp. California of course has wide spaces & good weather for out door lovers. Surely our LE should give as much information as possible to communities about offenders& show their presence in these less traversed outdoor areas. I wish they would. I walk a lot with my dog. Sometimes she wants to run,so I let her go & 15mins or so she's back. I hope I don't have to stop doing even that :waitasec:

Lots of talk about his DNA being found on Chelsea's underwear. How about if any of Chelsea's DNA was found on the ? Did she scratch him, is there evidence under his nails. I just want to make sure his coffin is sealed!

Mel

But - unless there was copious amounts of blood how did LE connect what they found to murder? That has had my brain on overdrive for days now. Whatever LE found it led them to the conclusion of murder. The astrology thread says this was a brutal, horrific crime - so - don't know.
Here's my thoughts on that. Let's say they've got his DNA on her underwear, then take the facts about his prior offense (the 13 y/o), her car is found locked in the parking lot with her cell phone which would make one assume she didn't voluntarily run away, and she's missing. Now if there is her blood on anything connected to him, it's not a large leap to murder. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK