CA-Sandra Cantu, 8 missing 3/27/09 from Tracy,#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
:blushing: I feel like an idiot but I thought Mexicali was slang for something but now I'm wondering is it actually a city and is it in CA or Mexico? :waitasec:
It's a border town, on the Mexico side, another border town with a combined name is Calexico.

:clap::clap::clap:

I think my first post on this thread was a rant...on day three(!!!!) when I heard about it for the first time. Totally infuriated me because I live in CA and the quick mention on cable news didn't even say WHERE in CA! I was about to hit the freeways for several hours, so I had to research online before leaving. I was afraid it might be in Southern California where I live and I wasn't driving the freeways without knowing if I should be looking for something. With the Mexico and Brawley link to Sandra's dad I'll be fighting mad if it turns out he's responsible and there really might have been something to watch for in our end of the state. Now I'm ranting...sigh.

All this to say...Go get'em, White Hawk!! We all support you!!!
My guess for Brawley would be to head East on Highway 8 past La Mesa and El Centro and those towns...

I wonder what "statistics" the guy was talking about when he said, 'statistics show she is still in Tracy' ....

Great job on the recap Kaylynn and congrats on the upcoming baby :)

Salem

Salem.....:blowkiss: ((nurse hearts salem))

Salem........(lol...what was I going to say...oh yea...blonde moment lol).. Is stanislaus county where santa clara is? tia
Nope, totally different area.

they say that Sandra has a birthmark (mole or something) on her cheek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbH2vz8mICs&feature=player_embedded

Tracy police Sgt. Tony Sheneman said Monday morning that he does not believe Sandra Cantu's family was involved in the her disappearance, adding that he believes she is alive.

This was uploaded on 30 MAR 2009. It may be outdated? I wanted to put this here because did I hear this correctly, that the alleged kiss at the pool did not have a formal complaint filed with LE?

TIA for confirming or denying what I thought I heard.

I wonder what "statistics" the guy was talking about when he said, 'statistics show she is still in Tracy' ....

I find this interesting as well. Do you think they feel this is a family kidnapping or maybe a child *advertiser censored* ring? It seems they believe she is still around and alive.

I hope she is alive.

my first thought is..... within 3 hours "most" children that have been kidnapped by a stranger are murdered.... hence... she is "still in Tracy"

But.... I could be (and HOPE) I am WAY WRONG!

It has been 7 days....

JMO

This was uploaded on 30 MAR 2009. It may be outdated? I wanted to put this here because did I hear this correctly, that the alleged kiss at the pool did not have a formal complaint filed with LE?

Kat - the family contends that a complaint was filed. Tracy LE says they will go back and review the complaint and its outcome as soon as they find Sandra. Right now their focus is on finding her. This comes from yesterday morning's press conference.

I'll see if I can find the link.

Salem

my first thought is..... within 3 hours "most" children that have been kidnapped by a stranger are murdered.... hence... she is "still in Tracy"

It has been 7 days....

JMO

That was my first thought as well, and like you, I hope that's wrong.

Kat - the family contends that a complaint was filed. Tracy LE says they will go back and review the complaint and its outcome as soon as they find Sandra. Right now their focus is on finding her. This comes from yesterday morning's press conference.

I'll see if I can find the link.

Salem

I'd like to find out more about this guy as well, he lives in the same trailer park? I tried searching him ( having computer problems) and I came up with a Frank? I hope I'm allowed to type this stuff. Yikes.

Am I the only one that has a problem with them saying that they are "continuing to go through trash through Saturday"??? I mean...why the heck would you annouce that? If someone is hiding something somewhere, whether big or small, it would now be pretty easy to wait until Sunday to dump it. Probably not a huge deal, but that has been driving me crazy. It's fine to stop the trash search, but why annouce WHEN you are going to do it?

yeah... LE did say this at first... they have since recanted that..... saying they have to revisit the complaint after the investigation is over because the chief is new.... there was a different chief during the complaint...

It has been 7 days....

JMO
that is what I am thinking too:eek:

Am I the only one that has a problem with them saying that they are "continuing to go through trash through Saturday"??? I mean...why the heck would you annouce that? If someone is hiding something somewhere, whether big or small, it would now be pretty easy to wait until Sunday to dump it. Probably not a huge deal, but that has been driving me crazy. It's fine to stop the trash search, but why annouce WHEN you are going to do it?
LOL...me too! I hope they don't announce any of their new search warrants at the afternoons presser:waitasec: Overall I think they are doing a super job. Perhaps announcing the trash search is some sort of tactic? They sure have enough feebies there to advise them in the right direction..

I KNEW I had heard that at one time! (Was beginning to think I was nuts. LOL) I feel much better about the family knowing they actually filed a complaint. Still not sure how they could let her wander outside though...especially if that other resident's report about him staring at her house all the time is true. I'm really hoping that man told Sandra's family, and I'm wondering if that (or something similar) was the reason for the cameras instead of the cat situation. I only heard about the cats at the beginning, then nothing so I'm wondering now if that wasn't correct also. Does anyone know? Did they ever mention which person(s) was the one they had conflicts over about cats?

Thanks Nurse and everyone for all the GREAT updates!!!

that is what I am thinking too:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member