Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #13 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I'm leaning towards the bag being left by the perp in that spot thinking that it wouldn't be found for a good while or would be found & kept by someone. With how little attention missing teens get, and how often they are assumed to be runaways by LE, the perp would have been entirely justified in assuming that it was safe for them to quickly drop off the bag in that spot. Imagine their surprise & alarm when Sierra became the focus of so much attention, so quickly.

IMO, the bag was dropped off after dark & in a hurry after they were done with doing whatever they did with Sierra. The perp wouldn't have wanted to venture into the abandoned building or out back to the water in those circumstances.

As for the folding of the clothes, I'm torn between the known behavior of rape victims folding their clothes as they are forced to remove them as a way of stalling, and the perp having done it as a part of some OCD type quality (the fact that the bag & books were placed as opposed to tossed suggests the latter).

All JMO.

BBM

I think you're right on about the bag being dropped after dark. Much less chance of being identified. Post crime, many (not all but most) perps become much more cautious than they were before they acted. Their "itch" has been scratched and their thinking has changed focus to the future.

I'm hoping the perp has a sick feeling in the pit of their stomach because they'd assumed that LE wouldn't get serious about looking for Sierra until after the weekend, at the earliest.

Link please

How about a visual?
The address (18 Paquita Espana) is the home and business next door. This pic is from bing.com

So sorry about the margins. Mods, delet if you want to.... the pic can be accessed here:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Sierra%20LaMar%20%20-CA-/?action=view&current=part-property-18.jpg

part-property-18.jpg

This is my feeling about the statements the family makes to the press.

It has to be extremely difficult to have such a short amount of time to state what you want to say and very difficult to determine what is important to say to the public to help find Sierra.

They have strict instructions from LE on what not to say, so they have to be very careful. (could be the reason why the looks, as though no don't say that or be careful what you say)
It's possible that they might want to say more but can't.

As far as the clothing goes, I think the original question in the beginning and answers that were given were based on the theory that she may have run away. We now know that's not what happened. So, the media is continuing to ask these questions about the clothes and the family has been instructed by LE to not say what they know. How frustrating that must be, to be ask the same question over and over that you can't answer.

BBM

I've seen this in several other cases as well. The family is given instructions not to say some things and to try to say other things (meant to trigger the perp) if they can.

The result is that the person speaking gives the impression of being weird, evasive or downright hinky because they are no longer speaking in their natural manner.

For instance, in the Elizabeth Smart case, there were a bunch of people convinced her father was responsible because he sounded so odd. He wasn't responsible, of course, he was a man in a situation he never dreamed he'd be in, trying to learn how to present himself to the media while trying to juggle his instructions from LE *and* get his daughter back.

It must have been like learning to ride a unicycle while twirling hula hoops around the waist and carrying stacks of china plates with both hands... while singing the Star Spangled Banner.

And all in front of millions of viewers.

Holy Cow! I just noticed something in Amanda's archive #14...of the property. It appears the warehouse area of Sierra's property is elevated. If I am correct, anyone standing outside of the warehouse has an eagle's view of the house. They could see anyone coming and going from the property at any time.

Oh yes....it is elevated alright. This is quite an eye opener...really the LE need to focus on this neighborhood!!

To confirm the LLC is canceled, go to http://Kepler.sos.ca.gov.

Under business search, press the Limited Liability Company button, then drop down and fill in the name of business: COL of USA, LLC.

It will take you to one record. Still don't Know what to make of that because the name is in the property records. The record shows the address, etc.

You know, there could have been someone using , perhaps a recording of a baby's cry to get Sierras attention just IMO. Like Bundy who used a fake cast.

:seeya: I know of no such thing. Have you heard otherwise?
?http://florencegear.com/

Are you speaking of this business? Guess the case could use some investigative reporting...

Interesting.

Although I note that the website hasn't updated their product list since 2006. Maybe they haven't needed to change much in the last 6 years.

So far as investigative reporting goes, I believe there are limits on how much delving a reporter can do into an ordinary individual's background and that extends to a certain extent to businesses as well. If a reporter were investigating a related topic (like web based businesses or luggage businesses), then they would be a fair target.

But as the location relates to the scene of a notorious crime, if there isn't any indication that the business or the owner is under suspicion, it's treading on very thin ice to publish anything delving into the background.

Which is only fair. If I happened to live down the street from the scene of a crime with high media interest, I'd be more than upset if some reporter decided that it was okay to delve into my background and drag out the fact that I got over 50 warnings for speeding in 15 years before I ever got an actual speeding ticket, that I had to work as a telemarketer for a couple months after my first husband cleaned out our joint accounts and left me, etc. I don't have anything really bad in my background, I'm not a criminal (okay, the speeding thing was repetitive, I admit) but such things can be made to sound really sinister.

What for me is an anchor statement came from Sheriff Laurie Smith. There is no evidence that Sierra ever left the house. Conclusionary. I'm sure the seated counsel of canines concur. The sheriff doesn't overstate, dramatise or exaggerate. So we have a near paradox, a missing girl but no indication she ever left.

Afield we have her cellphone and clothing with school books but again, the dogs do not alert, no sign of Sierra. The good thing is, investigators have leads from the returned items that went to lab. The leads could point to the perpetrator(s), to the nature of the crime and what happened but do not seem to point to her location. Where do we go from here?

BBM

Unfortunately, that sounds too much to me like "hope the perp is caught for a crime that gets his fingerprints/DNA/whatever into the system..."

I guess I just have wishful thinking that LE has a suspect in mind. I'm usually Debbie Downer but am optimistic with this case. They need to find Sierra to make an arrest. They need to have a perp in mind to profile to know where to look.

To confirm the LLC is canceled, go to http://Kepler.sos.ca.gov.

Under business search, press the Limited Liability Company button, then drop down and fill in the name of business: COL of USA, LLC.

It will take you to one record. Still don't Know what to make of that because the name is in the property records. The record shows the address, etc.

If you need to view or purchase a copy of this filing, please see
staff at counters S, T, U, V or W for assistance.

Certificate Number: 559080 Filing Date: 12/ 14/ 2011 Filing Type: F Fictitious Business Name Expiration Date: 12/ 14/ 2016
Original FBN#: 264918 Abandoned Date: NA Abandoned FBN #: NA Proof of Publication on File: YES

Business Name(s): COL OF USA
Owner Name(s): Withdrawn FBN File# O, J

http://www.clerkrecordersearch.org/

If you need to view or purchase a copy of this filing, please see
staff at counters S, T, U, V or W for assistance.

Certificate Number: 559080 Filing Date: 12/ 14/ 2011 Filing Type: F Fictitious Business Name Expiration Date: 12/ 14/ 2016
Original FBN#: 264918 Abandoned Date: NA Abandoned FBN #: NA Proof of Publication on File: YES

Business Name(s): COL OF USA
Owner Name(s): Withdrawn FBN File# O, J

http://www.clerkrecordersearch.org/

Thank you. Mystery solved. This means that O ceased operations as an LLC, which is an entirely different corporate structure. He should not be using the LLC now. and that is NOT my opinion only!

Thank you. Mystery solved. This means that O ceased operations as an LLC, which is an entirely different corporate structure. He should not be using the LLC now. and that is NOT my opinion only!

BBM- Sorry, did I miss something? I don't understand your comment.

I believe the way the business name is titled in the FBS, he files now as a Sole Proprietor. The items listed on the FG website surprised me, kind of cheap and not very diverse. Certainly not the kind of merchandise that would warrant a 3,000 sq foot warehouse. Guess you never know though, maybe he found a niche market and moved vast quantities of the stuff.

I just keep going back over and over in my mind the prominent placement of the bag (with "neatly" folded clothes including undergarments), and then the cuffs and condoms. I really think this is a taunt. I think this is revenge. We certainly know there are three families extremely angry at her father...who else would be angry enough to seek this type of revenge?

The cuffs and condoms are a bit of a puzzle to me because Marc Klaas said they were found in a place that had already been gone over once before. If they are connected to the crime, then the perp is definitely taunting LE.

The more I think about the placement of the bag, the less I think it was a deliberate taunt. The vast majority missing teens are treated as runaways (because they are) and there are no foot searches for them at all.

It usually takes a few days for LE to get serious about looking for a teen. Since Sierra disappeared on a Friday, I think the perp was counting on LE saying "well, maybe she took off for a weekend with friends, let us know if she hasn't gotten back in touch by Monday."

The bag wasn't in a place where it would have been found without a foot search. It wasn't visible from a paved road and it wasn't in a place with a lot of pedestrian traffic.

At some point, whoever was using the property to dispose of junk or whoever was feeding the Siamese cats might have noticed it but without any publicity, the finder may not have thought much of it.

I am reminded that Gary Ridgway (the Green River Killer) would take jewellery from his victims and leave it in the restroom at his place of work because it gave him a kick to think of it being worn by someone connected to the business (female co-workers or the partners of male co-workers).

I wonder if maybe the perp was hoping someone would happen on the bag in a few weeks to a few months, not realise that it was connected to the crime and give it to a teen girl (Juicy Couture is so popular). The perp may have actually fantasised about seeing it with another teen at the mall or something like that.

BBM- Sorry, did I miss something? I don't understand your comment.

I believe the way the business name is titled in the FBS, he files now as a Sole Proprietor. The items listed on the FG website surprised me, kind of cheap and not very diverse. Certainly not the kind of merchandise that would warrant a 3,000 sq foot warehouse. Guess you never know though, maybe he found a niche market and moved vast quantities of the stuff.

Three thousand square feet may not be as large as you are imagining.

I'm figuring he'd need to keep inventory sufficient to fill foreseeable orders for two weeks or so plus an area to collate and pack orders plus enough open area around the storage area for each category of item to move around. That eats up square footage pretty quickly.

That 3,000 square feet is the equivalent of a medium sized house.

Yes, perps in a number of crimes have been known to use their occupation as a cover if it allows them to be in an area without question. Also, perps have pretended to be a specific occupation to get the access that occupation would allow. Example would be a perp pretending to be from the gas company and knocking on a door saying there is a problem in the area, and the homeowner lets them in the house and once inside he makes his move.

My list names some occupations that would not raise questions if personnel is seen. Also could include on the list mail delivery and newspaper delivery people, as those services happen daily. Then you have package delivery services which could be in and out barely get more than a glance from neighbors, maybe less than daily but still often enough to scope things out if they wanted to. Once they know the situation they can do what BTK did--go back another time and on some ruse gain entry to a home.

LE says evidence shows Sierra made it either to the driveway outside her door or to the end of the driveway beyond the door. They have not clarified which it is, for reasons of their own. But, LE has also said there is no evidence of foul play. Yet, it seems likely that Sierra has indeed met with foul play of some sort.
Agreed fully. all me paranoid but what I do is .I go on familywatchdog.us, type in the zip code that I currently live in and see if there are any mappable offenders.Usually they have pictures of them on the site, and would make sure that I remember their faces.If I had a daughter or son I would print out those pictures and give them copies each to remember and to watch out for.Maybe that is a little over the top....but hey That is just me.

:cheer: yay! Finally the real info that I've found to be crucial all along begins to be making its way into the light of day! :cheer:

Off to go catch up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member