CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also agree that the JV mugshots look like the composite for the SL attack. And in the SL attack LE noted that the person was about the same body type as that of JV. Weight, height, age.

I would guess LE has already checked them out, but....There is a company called Smooth Plastering & General Contracting in Toronto that lists drywall as one of its services offered. Looks like they were around in 2002, but no idea if they have ever had any vans with smooth logo.

I would guess LE has already checked them out, but....There is a company called Smooth Plastering & General Contracting in Toronto that lists drywall as one of its services offered. Looks like they were around in 2002, but no idea if they have ever had any vans with smooth logo.

Thanks for that Lacrosse! This is one of the companies, includes a pic or two.

http://www.smoothplastering.ca/

Although...Facebook indicates that..
bbm
"Founded on June 6, 2012
In Toronto, Ontario."
Founded on over 25 years experience with the vision of building success throughout the GTA.

<rsbm>

The release ^^ has a link to the original release of 2002 (which actually has a bit more info):

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/pdfs/2771.pdf

Sounds like the guy could have been a drywaller. I'm really surprised with that partial plate that they haven't developed any leads. That's actually a fair amount of information compared to some other cases. We're looking for a guy who is now around 46 to 50 y.o.

Most vehicles have "2 doors" ... the pic they show is of the driver's side with only 1 door. Does it not have a slider on the passenger side, or do they mean 2 sliders in addition to the normal 2 doors ???? Any van I know would have at least the conventional driver and passenger doors at the front, with a slider or at least a hatchback/tailgate door to access the cargo compartment (especially for a tradesperson who wants easy access to the back of the vehicle).

The link has been disabled - no longer available by TPS. Wish I could be surprised.

The reason I was looking is further to Lacrosse post #42 and dotr post #43 - I would not count on TPS having checked any companies/vehicles regarding the word Smooth. Their track records for anyone involved in the 'sex trade' as they put it goes to the bottom of the pile - more than one thread here to verify the track record.

I think it would be worth contacting TPS or Crime Stoppers - at the very least the info will be in their hands regardless what they choose to do with it.

In related news, this horrific attack may shed light on the type of person who might viciously sexually assault and kill an elderly person, he is not that young.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/09/...son-after-fatal-sex-attack-on-edmonton-senior

"Court of Queen&#8217;s Bench Justice Eric Macklin described the May 8, 2011, sex attack as &#8220;violent, brutal and degrading&#8221; and said Witzaney&#8217;s actions were &#8220;horrific&#8221; and &#8220;egregious&#8221; and he was &#8220;clearly a man in need of help.&#8221;

Macklin ruled it was aggravating that Witzaney, 48, used &#8220;extreme violence&#8221; when he bashed the elderly victim in the head with a stainless steel thermos and the &#8220;vicious&#8221; sexual assault took place in the sanctity of the &#8220;vulnerable&#8221; woman&#8217;s home where she had been sleeping.

&#8220;She was violated in the most degrading manner possible and it is hard to imagine the terror she must have endured,&#8221; said Macklin.

According to an agreed statement of facts, Witzaney terrorized residents of the Edmonton Chinese Senior&#8217;s Lodge, 9525 102 A Ave., between 2000 and 2008 and was repeatedly charged with trespassing and indecent acts".

<<<<SNIP>>>>>>>

"Court heard a psychiatric evaluation concluded Witzaney has substance abuse issues and an antisocial personality disorder with psychopathic traits and deviant sexual behaviour and he poses a high risk to re-offend violently"

Also posted about this interesting new study on RW thread.

Why would someone take a trophy from Audrey? Did he/she/they keep it, throw it away, ingest it, sell it, present it, or give it away?

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/s...ussell+Williams+collection/8880287/story.html

"Whatever their form, these collections &#8212; amassed with great effort and pride &#8212; show an &#8220;over-arching desire&#8221; to control the materials as a way to &#8220;prolong the vulnerability of the victims and to enhance the offender&#8217;s power over them,&#8221; the researchers wrote.

Some offenders said in interviews that they didn&#8217;t think their collections would be found, while others were hard-pressed to explain their behaviour.

&#8220;It is our impression,&#8221; the researchers wrote, &#8220;that the collection serves to weld together an experience of self that is of paramount importance to the offender and possibly constitutes the most fundamental motivation for their crimes.

&#8220;Their artifacts keep the meaning of the events alive even when the victim is dead. Without the collection the acts could fade into obscurity, as would the psychological incorporation of the victims that the offender values so highly."

This post from dotr (above) reminded me that very often perps keep news clippings as well about their horrific deeds. I guess that shows them all that 'they have accomplished'.

I'm wondering if AG's killer has news clipping AND trophies. If it's body parts, where on earth would the killer keep them?

:twocents:

Lots of info in this link.
bbm
http://www.drtomoconnor.com/4050/4050lect04.htm

"poor hygiene/housekeeping skills
keeps a secret hiding place

The origins of these components have been arrived at inductively from the experiences of investigators who have conducted residential searches. There's also a tie-in to oral and anal stage development of psychosexuality. Both types of serial killers will take trophies and souvenirs (more so with the organized type) as part of the post-crime fantasy (reenactment) cycle. The difference is in what they do with these items, the different uses they make of them, and the difference in items taken (Ressler 1992). The disorganized type may remove a body part, lock of hair, or article of clothing, and have no discernible purpose other than experimentation and masturbation. The case of Jeffrey Dahmer illustrates a disorganized type offender who tried to keep large items in small boxes, the refrigerator, and elsewhere around the house. The organized type will take wallets, jewelry, class rings, photos, or drivers licenses primarily as acknowledgements of his accomplishments. These items will be given to the killer's relatives or friends, instead of being kept at home, because the purpose is when the relative or friend wears the item, only the killer will know the significance. The case of John Wayne Gacy illustrates an organized type who would dispose of trophies as he saw fit. Gerard Schaefer, another organized type, donated his trophies to Goodwill.

Any type of offender is likely to drive their victim's car for a short while after the murder, but ownership of a car derives from notions about the phallic significance of the type of vehicle. Disorganized offenders will not care about the visibility of evidence in their vehicle because their state of sexual and mental confusion precludes a image of their vehicle as a sex symbol. They are more likely to drive something useful for a variety of hauling purposes, like a pickup. Organized offenders, by contrast, will prefer flashy cars for self-image reasons, but vans, especially customized vans, are also extremely popular with this type. There's some investigative experience that relates the type of vehicle to how well the offender has perfected his methods. In this regard, a flashy car would be needed for the seductive or "con" approach typical of the organized offender"

http://www.drtomoconnor.com/4050/4050lect04.htm
" It's a known fact of investigative science that, as criminals become more experienced, they gradually expand the territory they operate in. As they become less confident in their ability, they restrict the area they operate in. With serial killers, along with improvement in experience also comes the tendency to dump bodies farther away from the abduction site. This is why if police have a series of unsolved murders all with the same MO, the best thing to do is look at the first crime, because that's usually close to where the offender lives and/or works"

:tyou: dotr. Verrrrryyy interesting info about the cars. I wish LE would give out some info regarding AG's car - was it driven by the killer, was it played with by the killer (radio, stereo system, etc.).

Now we do know that SV's car was driven to a different location.

Hmmmmm.............

As LE search the Dellon M barn again, I am reminded that the search for evidence in Audrey's murder also led to a barn..
Also some thought that hunters stayed in that barn periodically.
In an earlier post, it was asked what cafe Audrey frequented, cannot recall if that was answered or not, but it is this one...

Bbm.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/2571367-answers-sought-in-killing-of-retired-teacher/

" Police have not said what they have found or are searching for in the derelict barn and surrounding property.

They also have not said exactly what led them to the large wooden chunk of land to begin with.

The Brantford Police Service arrested the man believed to have been living in the barn on an unrelated matter after Gleave&#8217;s murder.

Though he is said to be in their custody on weapons charges, Brantford Police will say little about the arrest.

&#8220;We have several people in custody (from) over the last week or two,&#8221; Brantford Police Insp. Kent Pottruff said Monday. &#8220;If anything is related to the ongoing investigation you&#8217;d have to contact Hamilton Police.&#8221;

Deborah Lytle, who lives near to the abandoned barn, said she was unaware that a squatter was living on the property.

&#8220;We thought it was occasionally being used by hunters,&#8221; she said.

&#8220;We didn&#8217;t know someone was living in there.&#8221;

The community, which Lytle describes as &#8220;close&#8221; and &#8220;helping,&#8221; has been shaken by the gruesome murder.

&#8220;It&#8217;s terrifying,&#8221; Lytle said. &#8220;We never thought this would happen here.&#8221;

Gleave, who was long retired, has been remembered by her students as a tough but fair teacher and as a woman who loved sports cars.

The manager at the Williams Fresh Café where Gleave met weekly with former work colleagues said he did not remember the woman who, every Wednesday for 14 years, sipped coffee there."

As LE search the Dellon M barn again, I am reminded that the search for evidence in Audrey's murder also led to a barn..
Also some thought that hunters stayed in that barn periodically.
In an earlier post, it was asked what cafe Audrey frequented, cannot recall if that was answered or not, but it is this one...

Bbm.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/2571367-answers-sought-in-killing-of-retired-teacher/

" Police have not said what they have found or are searching for in the derelict barn and surrounding property.

They also have not said exactly what led them to the large wooden chunk of land to begin with.

The Brantford Police Service arrested the man believed to have been living in the barn on an unrelated matter after Gleave’s murder.

Though he is said to be in their custody on weapons charges, Brantford Police will say little about the arrest.

“We have several people in custody (from) over the last week or two,” Brantford Police Insp. Kent Pottruff said Monday. “If anything is related to the ongoing investigation you’d have to contact Hamilton Police.”

Deborah Lytle, who lives near to the abandoned barn, said she was unaware that a squatter was living on the property.

“We thought it was occasionally being used by hunters,” she said.

“We didn’t know someone was living in there.”

The community, which Lytle describes as “close” and “helping,” has been shaken by the gruesome murder.

“It’s terrifying,” Lytle said. “We never thought this would happen here.”

Gleave, who was long retired, has been remembered by her students as a tough but fair teacher and as a woman who loved sports cars.

The manager at the Williams Fresh Café where Gleave met weekly with former work colleagues said he did not remember the woman who, every Wednesday for 14 years, sipped coffee there."

Thank you for this news article Dotr.

Re this article:

I wonder if the manager was the manager of Williams Fresh Cafe for 14 years. If he/she was the manager for 14 years and a group of the same people frequented this cafe for 14 years on a weekly basis, it is hard to believe AG would not be remembered.

AG may have been a private, quiet lady among the group, however, I do believe people get to know their customers, at least by sight.

I have experienced coffee shop employees, not only knowing their customers by sight, but some can even remember their customers' coffee order.

Just IMO always and my :twocents:

:tyou: dotr. Verrrrryyy interesting info about the cars. I wish LE would give out some info regarding AG's car - was it driven by the killer, was it played with by the killer (radio, stereo system, etc.).

Now we do know that SV's car was driven to a different location.

Hmmmmm.............

At this point I would like to remind AG had some injuries in height of her knees, as if it had been hit by her car (at this time link not located, sorry).
Who drove the car without her and returned and injured her, that would be the question.
AG's car was equipped with tinted windows, so that the driver on the road couldn't be detected as a foreign one.
:confused:

I really don't want always to stay with PK, but what has been remarkable to me is the fact, that he never was allowed to drive with AG in her Camaro. Her loved dogs were allowed but not PK (?!?!?). He was only "allowed" to load and unload some things. When both AG and PK had to do selling tours, they drove with his car.
I don't think that's normal.

At this point I would like to remind AG had some injuries in height of her knees, as if it had been hit by her car (at this time link not located, sorry).
Who drove the car without her and returned and injured her, that would be the question.
AG's car was equipped with tinted windows, so that the driver on the road couldn't be detected as a foreign one.
:confused:

I always thought that AG simply had "knee aches and pains" like we all do when we age.

Where did you see that she had been hit by her own car?

Also, I wonder if AG was killed elsewhere and then driven back to her garage in her own car. With the tinted windows, it might be easy to drive a dead body back to her home.

And I also find it odd that PK never was driven in AG's car. Why did they always take his car? Wouldn't she want to take him out for a spin in her new hot rod?

I always thought that AG simply had "knee aches and pains" like we all do when we age. NO, I meant what I said. :smile:

Where did you see that she had been hit by her own car?

NSU, I have researched for hours, but can't find the newspaper article. I am quite sure with this and I remember myself trying to imagine the process: AG between some wall and Camaro and being hit by the car. Somewhere it was written; perhaps another WS can find? :smile:

Audrey's knees were mentioned from time to time in articles as being sore prior to her death.
bbm.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2215939-who-is-audrey-gleave/

"Hartig noticed she seemed to keep to herself. One day he held a door open for her. It looked as if she was in pain when she walked, perhaps because she was overweight, he thought. Her knees must be hurting. He wondered if his chivalry had endeared him to her, because she spoke to him a bit"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther