GUILTY Canada - Tyeshia Jones, 18, Duncan BC, 21 Jan 2011

Cowichan Tribes Chief Lydia Hwitsum confirmed that her 22-year-old son, Josh, was supposed to meet Jones at the Superstore.

The two had been at the party together that night but somehow became separated, Hwitsum said.

She said she doesn’t know why the two decided to meet at the Superstore, about a half-hour walk from where the party was held. Josh had borrowed a bike from someone at the party to meet her, she said.

Something sounds strange here. Was there a concern about these two being seen together? When I heard that TJ was going to meet someone I assumed that that person hadn't been at the party. Why did they arrange to meet so far away at a later time? Would someone have given them a hard time?

Something sounds strange here. Was there a concern about these two being seen together? When I heard that TJ was going to meet someone I assumed that that person hadn't been at the party. Why did they arrange to meet so far away at a later time? Would someone have given them a hard time?
I agree. Strange story. I don't believe that the mother of the guy doesn't know why the 2 were going to meet up at the store at 3 am. She is the mother, she can just ask him. Maybe LE doesn't want that information to be public yet? I also don't know why they got separated. Maybe they were fighting or going to do something illegal...or... There is just not enough information to make much sense of what could have happened here. JMO.

Justice for Tyeshia - hope an arrest is soon.
Cowichan mourns for Tyeshia Jones. Cowichan is a community in mourning today, with more than one thousand people attending the funeral of murdered teenager Tyeshia Jones.
The morning ceremony at the Si’em Lelum gymnasium was followed by a funeral procession down Trunk Road toward St. Ann’s cemetery on Tzouhalem Road. http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/115307569.html

I agree. Strange story. I don't believe that the mother of the guy doesn't know why the 2 were going to meet up at the store at 3 am. She is the mother, she can just ask him. Maybe LE doesn't want that information to be public yet? I also don't know why they got separated. Maybe they were fighting or going to do something illegal...or... There is just not enough information to make much sense of what could have happened here. JMO.

If they got separated at the party, why wouldn't this guy just go back to the party? Or stay there and send her a text that says, "I'm still at the party... hangin out by the _______ (living room, bath room, back yard, deck, etc)". There is obviously a reason they both left the party (separately, apparently) and then chose to meet up in the middle of the night so far away. Hmmm.

So it's the Chief's son who was supposed to meet up with her? Apparently, he's given his cellphone to police. I wonder if she sent that 3 am text message to him? Also, if he rode his bike to the meet-up place, he would have seen her or passed by her if she was walking on the same road that he was riding. Someone must have picked her up in a car. I don't have a map of this area and I wonder if the Yuthuythut Adult Learning Centre is on the same route as the Superstore? The Learning Centre is where her cellphone was discovered.

From looking at google earth and a google map of the area - where the cell phone was found at the adult training centre it is fairly close behind the superstore in Duncan. It would seem maybe that the phone was put there by someone other then Tyeshia. I would post the maps but don't know how to do it. The
Yuthuythut Adult Training Centre is at 5594 River Road and if you look on google earth you can see that the superstore is not far at all from there.

Vancouver police call out to sex victims
Last Updated: Friday, February 11, 2011 | 3:26 PM PT Comments31Recommend5.
CBC News
Vancouver Police have taken the extraordinary step of issuing a public plea for victims of a man called Martin Tremblay.

Police have taken the extraordinary step of issuing a public plea for alleged victims of Martin Tremblay. (VPD)
Tremblay is currently facing four counts of trafficking cocaine and one charge of possession of cocaine for the purposes of trafficking, but has a criminal record for plying teenage Aboriginal girls with alcohol and drugs and then sexually assaulting them.

<<snip>>

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/02/11/bc-dtes-charges.html#ixzz1Dhm371wI

Vancouver police call out to sex victims
Last Updated: Friday, February 11, 2011 | 3:26 PM PT Comments31Recommend5.
CBC News
Vancouver Police have taken the extraordinary step of issuing a public plea for victims of a man called Martin Tremblay.

Police have taken the extraordinary step of issuing a public plea for alleged victims of Martin Tremblay. (VPD)
Tremblay is currently facing four counts of trafficking cocaine and one charge of possession of cocaine for the purposes of trafficking, but has a criminal record for plying teenage Aboriginal girls with alcohol and drugs and then sexually assaulting them.

<<snip>>

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/02/11/bc-dtes-charges.html#ixzz1Dhm371wI
This guy is a real creep and should be locked away for good. I don't think he had anything to do with Tyeshias death though. There is someone out there that did though - not much news lately.
Remembering her smile. She had a smile so beautiful, no one will ever forget it.
That’s how the family of Tyeshia Jones remembers the teenager they lost to tragedy. http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/115788759.html

Duncan teen murder probe heads south.
The RCMP has asked Seattle police to help them reach a man that murdered teen Tyeshia Jones sent her photographs to several days before she disappeared.

Wow, I just read that article and I must say that I am stunned. This guy may have nothing to do with this but his photos is printed in the article. I mean, Tyeshia probably sent out many messages and photos to friends as a typical teen girl. Chances are that some of the friends may pose in gang-banger style or wear that style of clothing. A lot of the time, guys just end up posing that way for show. JMO

http://www.canada.com/Police+sift+evidence+murder+probes/4406566/story.html
Police sift evidence in murder probes
By Sarah Simpson, The Citizen March 9, 2011 A team of 25 investigators is sifting through what police have described as "a mountain of information" to uncover just who is responsible for the murder of Duncan's Tyeshia Jones.

Every piece of evidence and every tip needs to be followed up by investigators, and that process takes time-- especially given the vast amount of information being obtained in the case, said Vancouver Island RCMP spokesman Cpl. Darren Lagan on Tuesday

"We currently have exceeded 1,000 investigative tasks," he said.
read more..

Officers 'won't sleep' until killer found
By Sarah Simpson, The Citizen February 18, 2011 The murder of 18-year-old Tyeshia Jones has hit her family, friends, and the community hard, but has also affected the investigators working on the case.

"I have members that won't sleep until we solve this crime," North Cowichan/ Duncan RCMP Insp. Kevin Hewco said Wednesday. "They've taken it very personally."

On Thursday morning Vancouver Island RCMP spokesman Cpl. Darren Lagan confirmed 35 officers are still actively investigating the homicide, including those from the Victoria Police Department as well as the RCMP.

"Not only are there the Duncan resources from the General Investigation Section there but there's also Vancouver Island Integrated Major Crime Unit," Lagan said. "They've put in a lot of time and effort."
http://www.canada.com/Officers+sleep+until+killer+found/4306001/story.html

Reward offered in Tyeshia's murder. If putting a killer behind bars wasn’t enough of an incentive, the friends and family of Tyeshia Jones are now offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever’s responsible for her murder.http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/118181774.html

***** BUMPING FOR TYESHIA ***** Can't believe there have been no arrests in the murder of Tyeshia. No news - no nothing. Justice for Tyeshia now !!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back