GUILTY Canada - Tyeshia Jones, 18, Duncan BC, 21 Jan 2011

RCMP continue search for murdered Vancouver Island teen's belongings

RCMP renewed their call today for public information about the murder of 18-year-old Tyeshia Jones in January.
Jones, of Duncan, went missing on Jan. 22 at around 3 a.m. after she left a friend's home on Miller Road. She had arranged to meet a friend at the Superstore on the Island Highway but never arrived. Her body was found six days later in a wooded area.

RCMP continue search for murdered Vancouver Island teen's belongings

RCMP renewed their call today for public information about the murder of 18-year-old Tyeshia Jones in January.
Jones, of Duncan, went missing on Jan. 22 at around 3 a.m. after she left a friend's home on Miller Road. She had arranged to meet a friend at the Superstore on the Island Highway but never arrived. Her body was found six days later in a wooded area.

Wow, this just sucks. (Pardon my language!) I thought that LE would be so much closer to a solution to this case. And, here they are asking for more help...including trying to locate some of Tyeshia's belongings.

Police also reissued a public-safety warning, urging people to walk in groups and on clear, well-lit paths or roads, use public transit or taxis, and let others know where you are going and when you plan to arrive. If you see suspicious activity, or feel unsafe due to the actions of others, call for help

So the perp still roams free. This is very disturbing and I am sure that the community is very unsettled.

*************** Justice now- bumping for Tyeshia ***************

I would have hoped that the person responsible for Tyeshias death would have been caught by now. Scary that whomever killed her is still roaming around free. I fear for the safety of other young girls and do hope that caution is being exercised and women are not putting themselves at risk in the Duncan and surrounding areas.

OH wow! Thank you for the updates! xo

Wonderful news! I'm so glad to hear about the arrest.

I must say I thought the press release from the RCMP was very respectfully of the victims' families.

Not sure of other provinces but in BC we have an online court services database so some of the media must have sleuthed there and chose to publish his name prior the to press conference. I looked myself last night and that is the guy - arrested for 2 counts of murder, dates match up to TJ and KS. His other charges were related to break and enter plus a driving while suspended.

Here's the link if anyone is interested, you can find almost info for almost anyone arrested in BC:

https://eservice.ag.gov.bc.ca/cso/index.do

It seems like there are a lot of rather young men attacking and murdering young women in BC.

Duncan man arrested in connection with murders of Karrie Ann Stone, Tyeshia Jones

22198cowichanIMG_4031.jpg

The families of Karrie Ann Stone and Tyeshia Jones listen while police announce that William Elliott, 24, has been arrested for the murders of Stone and Jones.

http://www.cowichannewsleader.com/news/148388045.html

May this bring some small degree of peace to Karrie Anne and Tyeshia's families and friends....as well as to the community as a whole.

Here is a link to the RCMP statements:

http://bc.rcmp.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=50&contentId=24981#rideout

Yesterday afternoon, officers with the Vancouver Island Integrated Major Crime Unit (VIIMCU) and the North Cowichan/Duncan RCMP arrested William Gordon Robert ELLIOTT, a 24 year old Duncan resident, for the first degree murders of both Karrie-Ann Stone and Tyeshia Jones. This arrest took place in Duncan without incident. William ELLIOTT remains in police custody, and is expected to appear in Duncan Provincial Court early next week.

“This arrest is the result of thousands of investigative man-hours, hundreds of interviews, detailed forensic analysis and specialized investigative techniques”, states Supt. Jim Gresham, Officer in Charge of the BC RCMP Major Crime Section. “As these two murder investigations converged, and a single suspect was identified, investigators worked around the clock to establish sufficient evidence leading to the arrest and charge William Gordon Robert Elliott”, states Supt. Gresham.

Last evening, investigators met personally with both Tyeshia and Karrie Ann’s families, to share news of this arrest. Investigators remain committed to both families, as we have from the start, and thank them for the incredible strength, patience, and understanding they have shown our team.

While an arrest has been made, these investigations remain very active. These cases are now before the courts, limiting the release of any further details.

There are more statements, but they do not contain much more in the way of specifics.

"Police would not reveal any details about their investigation or how they came to suspect and charge Elliott, who was scheduled for a bail hearing Saturday afternoon. Mounties would also not say whether Elliott was connected to any other killings.

"I think, when we're talking about this specific case, it's very difficult for us at this time to get into that specific area, and I just ask that you appreciate why that's so important," RCMP Chief Supt. Wayne Rideout said.

Jim said Elliott was well-known to her family.

"My nephews grew up with him. They went to school with him, they know who his friends are," she said.

Cowichan Tribes Chief Harvey Alphonse said he knew Elliott, but hadn't seen him in years.

"I only knew him as a child. He was taken into foster care when he was young," Alphonse said"

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/RCMP+na...Duncan+women/6497290/story.html#ixzz1sivZSLBn

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back