Casey's Drivers License: as told by Lee & George

Maybe she had AH's license while she was cashing the checks? I know some people keep them in their checkbook. Neither here nor there, whether KC's driver's license was in the bag at TonE's or left in the car, I think she was trying to make it look like someone had stolen her car, keys, etc. and maybe would have claimed that the kidnappers did it. Who knows. What I want to know is where did she put Caylee!

If she had Amy's DL then Amy had to use her passport as the ID she was showing at the airport. Although a passport is not required for PR, Amy would have had one b/c she worked on a cruise ship.

While I do carry my DL with me, I always show my passport when I fly, even for domestic flights.

I don't think though that Casey was using Amy's DL.......they look nothing alike even if you consider a gal often changes her hair color. The clerk at Target wasn't so good about how well she checked the ID but the bank would have been. Wasn't the ck she cashed made out to herself? That means she would have had to have her ID at the bank to cash it. I do think she left her DL in her car as I agree she wanted it stolen. I just think she went & got a duplicate DL saying she lost her first one.

Yes, she could have. For Puerto Rico I believe you need your passport and one other form of ID. Birth Certificate, employment ID, bill or something with your current address on it. Not everyone drives.

No, passport not needed for PR or any of the US Virgin islands. She would need an ID though to show at the airport so they know the name on the ticket matches the ID of the person flying. BUT, since Amy worked for the cruise line, she would have had a passport, they require it.

Yes they ask, and you have to sign forms stating you are telling the truth, and they print a copy of your lost with the picture on it to make sure you are the same person that had the ID or DL to begin with.

You can order a replacement ID or driver license online… so technically she didn't have to sign anything or go to the DMV in person

But then again they have Cindy's birthdate wrong so who knows ![/QUOTE] Hey jbean: how do we know they have her birthdate wrong and what is the correct one if you know it?:blowkiss:

The ultimate interviews are coming up..........at trial. There won't be any room for playing with the truth then. Then we will all know.
And thank GOD in heaven for that!:woohoo:

Coley, I'm curious.........how do we know this?
Because she was not allowed to look at the apt with Tony. Which leads me to think that she must have replaced HER DL after this incident when she realized that NOT having it was going to be a big hassel. I do think if she left it in the car, she left it on purpose and for a REASON, especially since her REAL wallet showed up in her stuff from Tony's.

Half the young people in the clubs and bars have fake ID's for partying purposes. Very common in college towns. Evidently they're fairly easy to obtain.
Perhaps she obtained one with Amy's info and Casey's photo?

If she had Amy's DL then Amy had to use her passport as the ID she was showing at the airport. Although a passport is not required for PR, Amy would have had one b/c she worked on a cruise ship.

While I do carry my DL with me, I always show my passport when I fly, even for domestic flights.

I don't think though that Casey was using Amy's DL.......they look nothing alike even if you consider a gal often changes her hair color. The clerk at Target wasn't so good about how well she checked the ID but the bank would have been. Wasn't the ck she cashed made out to herself? That means she would have had to have her ID at the bank to cash it. I do think she left her DL in her car as I agree she wanted it stolen. I just think she went & got a duplicate DL saying she lost her first one.

I think she did too...

imo/ she had to have something of amy's, birth certificate, in the state of florida you cant have both a DL and a ID, one or the other. I have to believe that there is someone in trouble at the DMV (not accessory, just not doing their job), because I think kc had a DL or ID with amy's name on it.

KC may have had both. KC would have had to use HER DL at the Bank of America b/c the check was made out to KC, from Amy's account with Amy's signature forged.
I also remember one of the cks she used at target she signed her own name to it even though it was Amy's check. The back of the ck had KC's DL on it which the cashier would have typed in from viewing KC's DL.

If the cashier had done her job correctly, using the "Z" method for checking the check, KC would have caught right then & there. Most cashiers & I know Target cashiers, are taught the Z method............start at the top L corner, look at the name, go to the sig line to make sure the name signed mathces the name at the top. Go to the date to make sure it's correct, & that both areas where the dollar amt is written is the same in both fields. Go to the bottom of the ck to make sure the "micr" number is there which is the routing number & account number & then the ck number, making sure the ck number in the micr line is the same as the ck number at the top. THEN when she ck'd Id, she should have made sure the name on the DL was the same as on the ck. Since every register has security watching it LIVE at all times, all the cashier had to do was pick up her phone, call the AP office pretending to have a tech problem with her register, AP could see what was going on & come out & take Casey back to the AP office & call police right then. At least that might have gotten her taken into custody, booked & she would have had to call someone to bail her out, maybe bringing out the fact Caylee was missing sooner. Don't jump on me, it's not the cashier s fault Caylee was missing but there are a lot of things along the way that might have made a difference.

That got my attention as well....!

I also did not understand why he could not remember the date she took Cindy's car....If he seen her on the 24th "possitive about that" and her car was left at Amscott the 27th. Then it would have only been a 2 day period she could have had Cindy's car so why can't he remember!

*snipped*

O/T: Dunno why he can't remember, but, supported speculation here that "the chase" occurred 6/29: http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2917163&postcount=4

*snipped*

O/T: Dunno why he can't remember, but, supported speculation here that "the chase" occurred 6/29: http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2917163&postcount=4

That is some good sleuthing there Bond...that IS a very likely scenario for what happened and the fact that she had a bit of a head start would explain why he could not catch her...BUT

He makes a BIG deal about the bulldog or something like that on the back window of her car(Cindy's) that makes it very easy to identify and why he could follow from a distance because he could recognize that...how would that fit in to the scheme?

Yes, she could have. For Puerto Rico I believe you need your passport and one other form of ID. Birth Certificate, employment ID, bill or something with your current address on it. Not everyone drives.

A passport is not required when traveling to Puerto Rico . . . it is considered part of US.

If it was the 29th, then perhaps Casey was desperately trying to get gas back in the tank and had headed to her parents to steal the gas but George was there and spoiled that plan for her, thus her incessant asking about a gas can...and finally Amy bought her one, but it was too late, the car was towed...That leads me to think that she did not INTEND for the car to be towed at all, but was penniless at that moment, unable to steal anymore from her mom and dad's shed, and that the car getting towed was FATE intervening so that she WOULD be found out when it was NOT what she intended...

Dates KC didn't have her ID with her (according to friends):

• June 19 - When she couldn't be shown apt at Crane's Landing.
  • July 4 - When she couldn't purchase keg for WW's party.

Dates KC may have used AH's ID along with checks:
  • July 8 - Target - Orlando
  • July 10 - Target - Winter Garden, Target - Orlando (2 occurrences)
  • July 12 - Winn Dixie

Date KC forged check-to-self at BOA:
  • July 15 - ('must have' had an ID for herself?)

IMO it was Amy's ID.
Casey was probably using it to cash the stolen checks...
and the resume found in the car was for job hunting using Amy's name.
I doubt Miss Casey was concerned with her SS account or breaking the law.

IMO it was Amy's ID.

Interesting....I thought maybe she used the resume as a second form of ID for cashing checks. Sometimes, they do ask. Not often though.

On July 17, 2008, Central Florida news 13 did report that Casey only had a lerner's permit.

I thought I read that..........thanks...........I questioned at the time how the Anthonys insured the car with her as a driver because with a learner's permit there has to be a licensed driver in the car with them.

I just have to ask.....do we know where she had been?

Sorry...I don't understand the question. "do we know where she had been?" ???:confused:

Do you mean...been before she went to G&C's that morning?

I don't believe they look closely at the photos in any case.
Us ladies do like to change our looks on a regular basis. lol

IMO it was Amy's ID.

Unless she offered to do Amy's resume for her JUST so she COULD get Amy's information off it...Oh my...perhaps she DID have a false ID made with Amy's info on it...It is looking more and more like she did. Maybe that is what the officer took? Or maybe it was the illusive Universal ID that Cindy keeps harping about in the FBI interview and how Casey could not possibly have managed to get it so someone else must have, perhaps one of the officers...

I am only saying that there has never been any evidence that she did not have a license and the police reports call it her driver license number not an ID number.

But then again they have Cindy's birthdate wrong so who knows !

Here where they fill in the DL number on an arrest warrant, if someone does not have a DL, they use their ID #, which is identical to a DL in looks and numbers.

A "concealed carry permit" is identical too, except it is vertical instead of horizontal but it has the same number as my DL. When someone here gets a learner's permit they get their permanent number. Even if you move to another state, when you come back and get your DL back here, you get the same number back.

I know when I read that, I wondered how they insured her without a good license.

I don't believe they look closely at the photos in any case.
Us ladies do like to change our looks on a regular basis. lol

In some states, after age 60 you do not have have a picture on your driver's license. It is their choice. My aunt chooses not to have a picture on hers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back