Casey's Drivers License: as told by Lee & George

My mind kept going back to the night that the officer removed something behind the ID (I didn't know what it was at the time) as I was reading the post here and I'm so glad you bought it to everyone's attention TURBOTHINK.

As anything else been said about the ID the officer took? Any speculations?
On the LA thread, I speculated that it might have somehow been related to LE. Maybe someone else's ID from LE? The only reason I thought this is that the officer who took that item, took nothing else and was just letting them rifle through everything while, at times even exiting the room. For her to have grabbed that ID, it had to have something to do with LE.

ETA - Maybe that's how they originally found out about Tony R?

MOO

I'm thinking you have to have passed driver's ed - not high school.

Or reached a certain age after which driver's ed class no longer applies?

I'm thinking you have to have passed driver's ed - not high school.

Or reached a certain age after which driver's ed class no longer applies?

You don't have to have driver's ed to get a DL in Florida. Once you are 18, you take a four hour drug and alcohol awareness test, take a road rules written test and then take a road test.

You don't have to have driver's ed to get a DL in Florida. Once you are 18, you take a four hour drug and alcohol awareness test, take a road rules written test and then take a road test.

actually...the drug and alcohol test have to be taken before you can get your restricted permit to drive before you are 16. You can get a DL at 16 here in FL not 18. Although there may be some limitations to your driving privilges until you are 18...you are not allowed to drive with more than one person under the age of 18 (in your vehicle) or something like that...

I think we have established that Casey had a driver license by way of DMV records. I don;t want this information to be lost because then we are debating a moot point.

actually...the drug and alcohol test have to be taken before you can get your restricted permit to drive before you are 16. You can get a DL at 16 here in FL not 18. Although there may be some limitations to your driving privilges until you are 18...you are not allowed to drive with more than one person under the age of 18 (in your vehicle) or something like that...

Yes but my point was that all first time drivers, even 18 or older have to take the traffic law and substance abuse course. :)

Also, just another note about the DL discussion, if she "lost" her license or left it in the car, a replacement can easily be obtained by going online and they will mail the replacement within DAYS. The DMV is actually amazingly quick about sending car tags, replacement licenses, etc. It will say Duplicate on the license.

That's a very important question. IF the car chase was in late June, where WAS Casey's car? Was it at her parents house? If it was, did it smell at that time? Or did it start to smell sometime after that date, after Casey returned her mother's SUV? I'm wondering if this incident should be connected to Casey texting Amy that her dad borrowed her car and afterwards it started smelling because he hit some squirrels.

If the car chase was late in June, Casey's car was already at the Amscott...She abandoned it there on the night of the 26th or early morning 27th. So if BondJamesBond is correct and it was the 29th then she already HAD no car and was possibly trying to steal gas to remedy that. I am not so sure that it was Cindy's car, but how would be ever know the truth?

Ok, lets clear up some confusion, my dd is 16 and has a valid DL, you can get your permit to learn to drive anytime after your 15th b-day, you must have taken a 4 hr drug and alcohol course prior. You must have the permit for one full year before you can take the road test for your Operators license (even if your over 18), the only time your license is "taken" is if you drop out of school (school board report's it to the state), the perp never dropped out, she just didn't finish her credits to graduate, so no reason to suspend her license.

And yes in FL it's a graduated license (certain hours can't be driven unless it work or school related) that eases up every year till the driver turns 18 (and yes insurance sucks, doubled my cost the day she got her operators)

HTH

Ok, lets clear up some confusion, my dd is 16 and has a valid DL, you can get your permit to learn to drive anytime after your 15th b-day, you must have taken a 4 hr drug and alcohol course prior. You must have the permit for one full year before you can take the road test for your Operators license (even if your over 18), the only time your license is "taken" is if you drop out of school (school board report's it to the state), the perp never dropped out, she just didn't finish her credits to graduate, so no reason to suspend her license.

It is for 12 months OR until the 18th birthday. http://www.lowestpricetrafficschool.com/handbooks/driver/en/1/2

in some states you can have both a DL and a state ID card. could be the source of the confusion.

florida you can have one or the other, not both though. I think the more interesting question concerning the ID, why is page 2 of will's interview with le missing. Page 3 says something about not being able to purchase alcohol, but what was on page 2 that le didnt want released ?

In my youth I carried a business card of one ranking local LE in my wallet - he had put his badge number and his initials on the front of the card. I showed the card in lieu of my license a few times - abrupt change of interest and immediately let go- no further inquiries . I have wondered if it was something like that KC had and deputy took from her wallet.

I feel like I should say something here... I dropped out of school in Florida (I'm in college now). I obtained my license but it was tricky. Also, I have TWO copies of my DL.

Florida State law says that you have to attend Driver's Ed to obtain DL if you drop out (You can get around this by getting a permit in another state. You can also get around taking that pesky drug and alcohol test by doing this.). Technically, since you have to finish high school to get the permit, then you'd have to take it anyway. I did not want to go to Driver's ed because it would cost too much, so I just picked mine up in another state. Then came back to Florida and took the actual driving test. I had to obtain my GED before I could do that.
Someone found her DL info online, and it said that she has no restriction. That means that it is not a learner's permit like some have suggested. Also, it means that she did not bother telling them that she wears glasses when she wants to pose as a law student. I figured she wore contacts all the time. She obviously did not bring that up when they were handing her a DL.

The other thing is that she could have two DLs. She might have a duplicate. I ordered mine online, and it came within a week. It cost $10.

To summarize things:
Casey would need to take Drivers Ed at some point
She would need her high school diploma or GED
She would have to be over 18

However, there are always loopholes.

Have you ever noticed that GA and CA rarely say "I don't know for sure?" Seem like they ALWAYS have to appear they know what is going on when, obviously, they NEVER know what's going on. I think GA was just shooting from the hip again. A real problem with this family.

I am not sure about Florida but here in Cali we can have both a DL and and ID card. They both have the same numbers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back