Casey's Drivers License: as told by Lee & George

Sorry...I don't understand the question. "do we know where she had been?" ???:confused:

Do you mean...been before she went to G&C's that morning?

No, where was she going the morning GA was chasing her?

No, where was she going the morning GA was chasing her?

Maybe she was just trying to get away from HIM so he did not catch up to her and discover that once again she did not have Caylee and make her answer a lot of questions, when all SHE wanted was to steal his GAS...no time for all that petty conversation in her selfish mind, she was just there to steal the gas...Maybe...

I thought I read that..........thanks...........I questioned at the time how the Anthonys insured the car with her as a driver because with a learner's permit there has to be a licensed driver in the car with them.

I don’t understand why the A’s would allow KC to drive around with Caylee in the car if all she had was a Learners Permit. More then a little dangerous as she illegally drives and multitasks on her cell phone w/a little child in the backseat. How'd they make that OK in their heads?#!! She must not have been paranoid either about being pulled over by a traffic cop as she cruised around Orlando…seems brazing to me.

The Florida law states a person who holds a Learner's License must be accompanied by a licensed driver, 21 years of age or older, who occupies the front passenger seat closest to the right of the driver. Drivers can only drive during daylight hours for the first three months from the original issue date when accompanied by a licensed driver, 21 years or older who occupies the front passenger seat. After the first three months, drivers may operate a vehicle from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. with a licensed driver, 21 years or older in the front passenger seat.

Casey has a Class E regular Florida driver's license. It was issued on July 2, 2002 and expires March 19, 2009. End of debate. I am looking at on the Florida DMV right now.

Why wouldn't she have any restrictions? She wore contacts or glasses.
Maybe she didn't need glasses to drive. My dh wears glasses but it is not a restriction on his license.
Plus these days so many people wear contacts that the DMV doesn't know you wear glasses unless you tell them. I think we can agree that Casey was not completely truthful in her life, so if she didn't reveal she needed glasses to the DMV, I sure wouldn't be shocked or anything.

In the FBI inteview released yesterday, George states that Casey's "regular" purse was in the Pontiac when it was towed. The agent asks him if her license was in the purse and George says Oh yes. And then the agent says something to the effect, then she was without her identification for over 2 weeks, and George again agrees and says yes.

BUT

Lee mentions seeing her DL in her wallet when he brought her things from Tony's.

Is it possible she left one copy IN the car and obtained another copy from the DMV. or is one of them not telling the truth?

I know she used her DL as ID on the check cashing/stealing spree...so why does George say it was in the purse that was recovered in the car if it was NOT?

Grasping at straws here...:waitasec:

I am glad you mentioned that. It threw my hinky meter off to b/c I remembered she had the gall to use her own I.D when writing AH's checks.

Although IMHO I do not believe that GA/CA are guilty of anything but EXTREME DENIAL, I do believe they spin things to deflect things away from KC.

KC may have had both. KC would have had to use HER DL at the Bank of America b/c the check was made out to KC, from Amy's account with Amy's signature forged.
I also remember one of the cks she used at target she signed her own name to it even though it was Amy's check. The back of the ck had KC's DL on it which the cashier would have typed in from viewing KC's DL.

If the cashier had done her job correctly, using the "Z" method for checking the check, KC would have caught right then & there. Most cashiers & I know Target cashiers, are taught the Z method............start at the top L corner, look at the name, go to the sig line to make sure the name signed mathces the name at the top. Go to the date to make sure it's correct, & that both areas where the dollar amt is written is the same in both fields. Go to the bottom of the ck to make sure the "micr" number is there which is the routing number & account number & then the ck number, making sure the ck number in the micr line is the same as the ck number at the top. THEN when she ck'd Id, she should have made sure the name on the DL was the same as on the ck. Since every register has security watching it LIVE at all times, all the cashier had to do was pick up her phone, call the AP office pretending to have a tech problem with her register, AP could see what was going on & come out & take Casey back to the AP office & call police right then. At least that might have gotten her taken into custody, booked & she would have had to call someone to bail her out, maybe bringing out the fact Caylee was missing sooner. Don't jump on me, it's not the cashier s fault Caylee was missing but there are a lot of things along the way that might have made a difference.

There were so many missed opportunities. This perp has had luck beyond belief. Amazing really when you think about it.

Yes, she could have. For Puerto Rico I believe you need your passport and one other form of ID. Birth Certificate, employment ID, bill or something with your current address on it. Not everyone drives.

You do not need a passport to travel to Puerto Rico as it is a U.S territory. However, I believe a picture I.D. is required to board a plane anywhere in the U.S.

A 22 yr. old woman driving around like a wild woman day or night and all she had was a learner's permit? That is really surprising and also against the law.

What??? KC breaking the law? I'm stymied!

I think I might be able to clear some of this DL confusion a bit. In Florida IF you DON'T graduate high school (or drop out) you CAN'T get a DL until you are 21 (I know this information personally as my close dear friend's child went through all this). Since KC did not graduate she would have not been allowed her license until she passed a GED or turned 21. We have never heard anything about passing a GED so she probably went down and got her regular DL when she turned 21. As KC is now 22 - she would have been able to get a regular DL about a year ago.

Hope this helps.

I, too, am quite interested in the "car chase" with GA. Remember she was in CA's car - how did the A's get CA's car back? Where was KC's car during this time? How did KC get to the A's to get CA's car? There are way too many questions about this incident to just ignore it - yet in the interviews we hear very little to nothing about it.

I would like to know what was behind her DL that LE took (July 15-16) out of her billfold. Fake ID?! Amy's ID?! What?! It was something they spotted and latched onto right away tho...which means it was a red flag and easy to detect.

I, too, am quite interested in the "car chase" with GA. Remember she was in CA's car - how did the A's get CA's car back? Where was KC's car during this time? How did KC get to the A's to get CA's car? There are way too many questions about this incident to just ignore it - yet in the interviews we hear very little to nothing about it.

That's a very important question. IF the car chase was in late June, where WAS Casey's car? Was it at her parents house? If it was, did it smell at that time? Or did it start to smell sometime after that date, after Casey returned her mother's SUV? I'm wondering if this incident should be connected to Casey texting Amy that her dad borrowed her car and afterwards it started smelling because he hit some squirrels.

in some states you can have both a DL and a state ID card. could be the source of the confusion.

The female police officer took a SECOND ID which was NOT KC's from behind KC's ID. CA wanted to know whose it was and the officer would not tell her.

My mind kept going back to the night that the officer removed something behind the ID (I didn't know what it was at the time) as I was reading the post here and I'm so glad you bought it to everyone's attention TURBOTHINK.

As anything else been said about the ID the officer took? Any speculations?

I think I might be able to clear some of this DL confusion a bit. In Florida IF you DON'T graduate high school (or drop out) you CAN'T get a DL until you are 21 (I know this information personally as my close dear friend's child went through all this). Since KC did not graduate she would have not been allowed her license until she passed a GED or turned 21. We have never heard anything about passing a GED so she probably went down and got her regular DL when she turned 21. As KC is now 22 - she would have been able to get a regular DL about a year ago.

Hope this helps.

But it was issued 7-2-02. If she was born in 86, then it was issued when she was 16.
Most people don't graduate high school at 16 so I am not sure how this law you describe works. Aren't you eligible for a DL at 16 in FL? How do they know at 16 if you are graduating high school at 17 or 18?

I'm sorry, but I'm confused. :confused: How would the DMV know if you graduated high school? Also, if you can get a license to drive at 16 yo, you wouldn't have graduated high school at that age. So you could get your license, then drop out of school. Does the DMV then revoke your license when you don't graduate? And how would they check to make sure someone graduated after they've issued a license?

I'm sorry, but I'm confused. :confused: How would the DMV know if you graduated high school? Also, if you can get a license to drive at 16 yo, you wouldn't have graduated high school at that age. So you could get your license, then drop out of school. Does the DMV then revoke your license when you don't graduate? And how would they check to make sure someone graduated after they've issued a license?

Ummm.....I grew up in FL, got my first drivers license there, and have 2 younger sisters there, one of which is 22yrs old. She got her license at 16, and was only a sophomore in high school then. We have never heard of such of rule that to get a drivers license in FL you have had to graduate first. I agree with you...there must be some confusion!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back