CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres nothing wrong with online dating but flip this should be a cautionary tale for anyone meeting people online. You just dunno who you could meet. Imagine if someone arranged a date with this guy. Creepy creepy.
I was firmly on board with the insanity defense but I'm very much shaken by the evidence. That notebook looked contrived to me. But anyone who'd do this, I don't know what to think. I'm saving my opinion to the end of all the evidence.
Thanks all you tweet and trial updaters I really appreciate it as I can't watch it.

My dd have a friend who met her "true love" via one of the match sites--met end of February and got married a couple weeks ago. Neither employed currently living with. Her family and sleeping on livid g room floor. Yes he is creepy

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol

Defense says this clip is is not in 3 separate clips like before. It has been fused together.

Jury will be made aware of this.

Listening to JH speaking during his presentation.

He doesn't seem 'flat' or 'monotone'. He just sounds like he is rushing to get the presentation over with.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman

JH watches the courtroom video screen while he is shown talking about micro-RNA and stem cells.

Its not horrible stuff that i'm worried about. Its the mental health stuff. I have had issues in the past and don't want to read anything that might upset/worry me. I hope that makes sense :)

I totally understand your dilemma..however, you have been enlightened and no doubt has learned how to compartmentalize this stuff..ability to step back and recognize it clinically...at least I hope so..Stay strong Maisie!! :love you: You know that you have a whole bunch of folks here to support you!!!

Oh....perhaps this the wrong trial trial for you to avoid worry and upset. Especially when the mental health evidence starts. Take care.

While I understand why you mentioned this ..however..Maisie seems very well adjusted throughout this trial and believe me she has read, seen a whole lotta stuff to cause striff...BUT she hasn't flinch..So I will only give her kudos for her ability to face this trial to begin with...:goldcrown::bowdown:

Lee says JH's rotational presentation was "just average, not bad, not good."

The witness says JH outfit is similar to what he normally wore. Lee says that presentation was average.

Lee says JH didn’t seem to be detached from reality.

Lee says that JH never seemed to change. Was the same from start of their time together to the end.

I totally understand your dilemma..however, you have been enlightened and no doubt has learned how to compartmentalize this stuff..ability to step back and recognize it clinically...at least I hope so..Stay strong Maisie!! :love you: You know that you have a whole bunch of folks here to support you!!!

While I understand why you mentioned this ..however..Maisie seems very well adjusted throughout this trial and believe me she has read, seen a whole lotta stuff to cause striff...BUT she hasn't flinch..So I will only give her kudos for her ability to face this trial to begin with...:goldcrown::bowdown:

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your kind words. So far I'm coping well. I came to this trial knowing I might find the mental health parts of it difficult. I'm really hopeful that I will be able to listen through the 24 hours of doctor testimony! :D

Thanks, How do you interpret that? Looks complicated stuff.

I believe he thinks it is his E=mc^2..... He had binary code with pictures of people being killed...0 1 dead people. I think it's code for "I will become infinitely valuable by killing these people. It will increase my worth" He aspired to accumulate infinity.... Still haven't read the notebook but I'd love to speculate more!!!

Just trying to understand what is going on....sorry....shouldn't have said anything that would cause anyone to be defensive. There is a sidebar thread for posters personal thoughts, etc.

Defense is up. Points out clip is 1:55. Not an entire presentation, would last much longer.

Lee didn’t work with JH prior to March 2012. No experience with him. Lee and JH may have called after this.

Lee didn’t see previous presentations so he can’t compare this one to those.

JH never angry, mean, rude, with Lee. Hair was normal color. Didn’t seem to draw attention to himself.

Lee says JH say shy and passive.

JH couldn’t get great data during that rotation.

Lee says presentation skills not “poor” but difficult to decide quality of pres. - affected by topic, etc

Lee perceived JH as unmotivated and lacked passion

"I can say he's a shy guy and a little passive," but can't really speak to whether he was energetic

https://twitter.com/thegoldpatrol
https://twitter.com/larryryckman

Defense focuses questions on whether JH was "energetic." Brauchler asks Lee if he knew JH was planning mass murder

Nickelas Gallup -- counts 73 and 139

GSW to head, right next to eye, while shielding his girlfriend. Said he was counting rounds, kept thinking the magazine has to stop but never did.

Just trying to understand what is going on....sorry....shouldn't have said anything that would cause anyone to be defensive. There is a sidebar thread for posters personal thoughts, etc.

I shouldn't have spoken about my personal feelings. I'm still quite new to WS and I am still learning the rules :)

Awwe Not to worry Amster, I just thought you may be unaware of Maisie's input on these threads..But as I said..I surely understand why you would say this...It's no much just as defensive..but explaining why I felt I wanted to support Maisie....:stay:

https://twitter.com/larryryckman

Larry Ryckman @larryryckman
· 35m 35 minutes ago
Judge is calling a second, 15-minute break for jurors. Going to use time to sort out some technical difficulties the prosecution is having

Judge reminds those in courtroom that some emotional responses are inevitable, but he warns against statements or emotional outbursts

Jury is back in the #theatershooting courtroom. Preparing to play video for jury. Three clips edited into one

· 14m 14 minutes ago
JH watches the courtroom video screen while he is shown talking about micro-RNA and stem cells. #theatershooting

· 13m 13 minutes ago
Lee says JH's rotational presentation was "just average, not bad, not good." #theatershooting

· 10m 10 minutes ago
Under defense questioning, Lee says he had no experience with JH prior to March 2012. #theatershooting

· 8m 8 minutes ago
Defense asks Lee whether JH was ever mean, angry or rude. No, Lee says. Same question asked of others who knew JH. #theatershooting

· 7m 7 minutes ago
"I can say he's a shy guy and a little passive," but can't really speak to whether he was energetic. #theatershooting

Defense focuses questions on whether JH was "energetic." Brauchler asks Lee if he knew JH was planning mass murder. #theatershooting

Judge wants to talk to a juror before next #theatershooting witness: Nickelas Gallup. 10-minute break, judge says

· 1m 1 minute ago
Juror 329 knows Gallup. Judge will question her. #theatershooting

· 21s 22 seconds ago
She went to high school with him. They graduated in 1999. No contact since then, but maybe at 10-year class reunion. #theatershooting

Awwe Not to worry Amster, I just thought you may be unaware of Maisie's input on these threads..But as I said..I surely understand why you would say this...It's no much just as defensive..but explaining why I felt I wanted to support Maisie....:stay:

I shouldn't have spoken about my personal feelings. I'm still quite new to WS and I am still learning the rules :)

This is an extremely polite exchange. Thank you everyone for being such dolls!!! Big reason why I want to come here everyday - to be with such nice people - "virtually" - in a totally non-creepy way.........:blushing:

Judge wants to talk to a juror before next #theatershooting witness: Nickelas Gallup. 10-minute break, judge says.

Juror 329 knows Gallup. Judge will question her.

She describes him as an acquaintance, not a friend. Might have had friends who overlapped.

Jurors says she could be fair in trial. Won't let knowledge of witness affect judgment, won't have to explain verdict

They went to high school together.

Juror 329 is a Volunteer victim's advocate 2008-2010 for sexual assault victims & people who were victims of crime.

No contact with him since 1999 - maybe at 10-year reunion. Doesn’t recall if they spoke.

In school she knew of him but nothing specific. Says he was someone who was an acquaintance.

She didn’t know him before high school.

This is an extremely polite exchange. Thank you everyone for being such dolls!!! Big reason why I want to come here everyday - to be with such nice people - "virtually" - in a totally non-creepy way.........:blushing:

I love being here too! Feeling the love!

No one expresses any concerns about Juror 329. Full jury being brought back in, witness returning to stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare