Identified! CO - Littleton, BlkMale Skeletal UP11196, Apr'13 - Name not found

Sounds like the kind of outfit you buy in your basic suburban shopping mall. Yes, it could be goodwill, but there's a unity to it that makes me think that wherever they got it, it was chosen.

Though if it was from goodwill, that might mean the hairs they found belonged to the previous owner, not this victim. Or perhaps the killer, if there was one.

Carbuff, you are dead on, I wear a 32x32 I am 5'7 145-150 but I have big feet I wear a size 10 1/2 but my dad is the same height and he wears an 8.

Pelvises can be ambiguous without any confirming information. I'm surprised the DNA testing didn't tell them, though.

Sounds like the kind of outfit you buy in your basic suburban shopping mall. Yes, it could be goodwill, but there's a unity to it that makes me think that wherever they got it, it was chosen.

Though if it was from goodwill, that might mean the hairs they found belonged to the previous owner, not this victim. Or perhaps the killer, if there was one.

And the unity of it all, could also be that these clothing items were purchased For the person, so it could be an adolescent, as in, the parent(s), grandparents (or if this person lived in a foster home,) the foster parent(s) could have provided these articles of clothing instead of this adolescent picking out the clothes.If it was an adolescent, I would think they would have bought an Aeropostle polo shirt or another popular brand with the teenagers, instead of the Eddie Bauer brand.
With Black hair being stated, if indeed it is from this person, then this person could range in age, but most likely was not an elderly person. The clothing suggests to me that this person was perhaps of a certain demographic, age group, and thought of themselves as a "casual" but nicely dressed person with the designer names.

http://www.clarksusa.com/eng/storeSection/redirect.cfm?sectionID=b2c/storeLocator/storeLocator.cfm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._&_J._Clark

Well, the shoes in question are very "high dollar"
Sold at Clark's outlets and Norstrom's here in the U.S. And other online retailers.
Most Popular in the 90's for being the Jamaican "Brand of Choice" because of their popularity in the Jamaican Dance Halls.

So, I'm not trying to jump ahead of myself here, but I'd like to deduce that this male/female could be either African-American or Jamaican decent.
(Also IMHO when I was a teenager and I "had to have those shoes" it wouldn't matter if they were a men's size or not. If I liked them and they fit I bought them.)

And if it's safe I'd also like to deduce that this person went missing in the late 80s-late 90's
Trendsetters tend to be teenage to thirty.

And the clarks brand "site" I think is a good place to start for cities that have the store in their outlets?
(all my own opinion)

Pelvises can be ambiguous without any confirming information. I'm surprised the DNA testing didn't tell them, though.

The case report on the DNA, has DNA samples submitted, but tests not completed. The location is the University of North Texas.

The Walking Store also sells Clark's.

The vibe I'm getting is what could be loosely described as "soccer mom." I used to abscond with my adolescent sons' coats and shoes as they outgrew them, because sadly they fit better and lasted longer than similar clothing made for women. Arizona jeans are unisex sizing.

AA or Jamaican descent seems likely, given the description.

edited to add:

Okay, I'm going to change my mind here. Found this paper about sexual dimorphism in subadult pelvic bones: http://d-scholarship.pitt.edu/7899/

Basically it says with a subadult pelvis, you can't really tell.

So that skews things around to a younger person.

When I was in high school in the early 2000s, Clarks were extremely popular with the white kids in our school and could be bought conveniently at a number of shoe stores in town.

I live in the midwest and I've never seen a clarks store. :(

I was just checking the stores at the Outlets of Castle Rock, and currently there is an Eddie Bauer outlet there in addition to a Clarks store. Castle Rock isn't that far away from Littleton.

I checked out the Park Meadows Mall online, and there is a Clarks, JC Penney's and Eddie Bauer all in this mall. The address is 8401 Park Meadows Center in Lone Tree, Colo., not far from Littleton, Colorado.

I think they're a city-yuppie thing. Most midwesterners are too smart to spend that kind of money on shoes, unless it's a really good pair of work boots.

That's kind of what I got too.

If this person had the moolah for the nice clothes. Do you think they also were into the whole "Jamaican Club scene" ?

I looked up the exclusively Jamaican Clubs and deduced it was all "happening" in the major cities. DC, Miami, NY and such. But that's not to say that there wasn't a local club. Being that the person had a bus ticket I'd say they weren't a local.
The exception being that it was a local bus line like in many major metro areas.

I'm not sure he's been missing long enough, but maybe Trevor Craven? He's missing from Greeley, which is about an hour and a half away, since November 2011. In several photos his hair looks pretty frizzy. He's 17, 5'8" and 145 lbs. Doesn't really look like an Arizona jeans type, but some Croft and Barrow styles appeal to the skater crowd.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3070378772959&set=o.208346215913345&type=1&theater

The missing poster states Trevor's hair is brown.
Black hair is listed for this unidentified person found in Littleton.

I don't know if I am supposed to provide a link for this info....for Kohl's Corporation History, by 1998, Kohl's had stores in 22 states and the Disctict of Columbia, AND during the 1999 expansion Kohl's emphasis was on the west, particularly, Missouri, and two NEW states, COLORADO and Texas.
If the Croft and Barrow jacket was purchased in Colorado from Kohl's, then it would have to atleast been purchased in 1999 or later, but not before 1999 as the stores didn't arrive in Colorado before then.

To me, the clothing just screams high school/college young man whose mom still buys clothes for him. Someone like Trevor seems like a good possibility.

0 cases found based on Colorado, Black/African American, black, Black, white shoes, 15 to 35
omitting the "race" category. 0 profiles found in namus.

0 cases found based on Colorado, black, Black, white shoes, 15 to 35

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back