Identified! CO - Littleton, BlkMale Skeletal UP11196, Apr'13 - Name not found

The site where the remains were found is literally just off of C470 at the bottom of the ravine that bisects the hogback. IMHO contacting the ME as previous suggested is just jumping the gun. They clearly said that while they would do an autopsy, they would have to have the skeleton examined by other people and would send in a sample for a DNA analysis. And they've only had this case less than 3 weeks. We all know that DNA takes months if not years to get back because of the volumn of cases. Providing possible missing person profiles would be a good use of our time. (They are still waiting on the December 2012 skeletal remains found near Red Rocks to be identified too. Namus case# 12-31323)

Speaking for myself, I was curious about what the clothing looks like, and hope eventually that LE would post photos of those particular items, including the shoe, wallet, and items in the wallet, like the bus transfer ticket.

Speaking for myself, I was curious about what the clothing looks like, and hope eventually that LE would post photos of those particular items, including the shoe, wallet, and items in the wallet, like the bus transfer ticket.

From what I've seen they scan clothes for dna, snip what's important to be tested and then send those samples to forensics to be tested. For all we know, the clothes, shoes and items found are still listed as "evidence" in CO. Just sitting there..wanting me to see a picture of them . LOL

So it sounds to me like s/he would have had to walk there under his own steam-- too far to drag someone, right?

I would hope LE would keep a list of abandoned cars towed away from the area. He had to get there somehow.

I think trends vary by region. Growing up in Detroit and later moving to Texas. I was basically shunned for coming back to Michigan for Capea brand shoes. I was told those were "cheerleader shoes" and if I wanted to hang with my old friends I better buy some Nikes. That's why I was kinds hoping to narrow the popularity down. So far I see it was an "East Coast" started trend. If you don't mind me asking about what time did you attend HS and what region?

Agreed. I attended HS in MS and AL in the early 2000s.

What about wandering off a hiking trail and getting lost? Is that a possibility?

I guess its anything is a possibility although there are far better and prettier places to hike very nearby that wouldn't be right along the highway and that are actual hiking trails with a trailhead to park your car at. Also if it was a hiker they would probably have a car somewhere and would have been reported missing. I feel pretty strongly that this was foul play but I think that's just because I can't picture a logical way someone could have gotten there on their own and then died.

From the google map, in the area of the Three Trees Chapel (where this UID was located near the area of 13416 W. Arbor Place, but on the west hogbag side of C-470), there is a path that looks like it leads to the ravine area under C-470, so that could be a possibility of how this UID got there, by walking.

Any chance you can post this map? Or tell me what you searched so i canfind it? I don't recall there being any path that goes under c470 but maybe they made one since I lived there.

I have to wonder if they found anything near the UID that indicated suicide. Is this something that would be made public?

Any chance you can post this map? Or tell me what you searched so i canfind it? I don't recall there being any path that goes under c470 but maybe they made one since I lived there.

I have to wonder if they found anything near the UID that indicated suicide. Is this something that would be made public?

Sure, I can try to post the map. I will first tell you where I searched then I can try the map after that. I searched google maps.
maps.google.com
I typed in 13416 W. Arbor Place
Littleton, Colorado
I was looking at the arial view and if you click the + sign under the yellow person, it will get you closer to the map area of the Three Trees Chapel.To the west of the parking lot to the chapel,(parking lot is north of chapel) there is a dirt path leading southward to the paved bike path/walking path. (The google map shows a person riding a bicycle on this paved path south of the ravine.)
This paved path has a bridge over the ravine area, and that area is east of C-470, and this UID was found west of C-470, but the location listed is near 13416 W. Arbor Place,(which is the Three Trees Chapel address.) By the areal view of the map, there looks to be a fence bordering the ravine.
Ok, I am gonna try my luck at this copy and pasting the map. Wish me luck!
mp;aq=0&amp;oq=13416+w.+arbor+place+littleton&amp;sll=38.875684,-104.758359&amp;sspn=0.403592,0.898132&amp;t=h&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=13416+W+Arbor+Pl,+Littleton,+Jefferson,+Colorado+80127&amp;ll=39.602671,-105.152507&amp;spn=0.001754,0.001609&amp;z=18&amp;iwloc=A" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

and if I blew the margins by posting this map, I apologize! This is all new to me.

I went on the Eddie Bauer website to look at reviews for polo shirts, and the majority of people that listed their age groups in the reviews were in the age groups of 35-44, 45-54,
and 55-64. There was a review from a person in the age group of 25-34 and also from over 65, and some reviews did not list an age.
I saw polo shirts that a belt would be required because of the long tail in the back, but there could be polo shirts that a belt is not necessary.
There was no belt listed with this UID.
The reviews listed are current through a couple years ago.
So, by the people that have reviewed these particular polo shirts, the demographics suggest an adult.
Polo shirts were popular with teenagers back in 2009 that I remember, but I know that aeropostle polo shirts were all the rage. Eddie Bauer to me, suggests an adult.

http://reviews.eddiebauer.com

I went on the Eddie Bauer website to look at reviews for polo shirts, and the majority of people that listed their age groups in the reviews were in the age groups of 35-44, 45-54,
and 55-64. There was a review from a person in the age group of 25-34 and also from over 65, and some reviews did not list an age.
I saw polo shirts that a belt would be required because of the long tail in the back, but there could be polo shirts that a belt is not necessary.
There was no belt listed with this UID.
The reviews listed are current through a couple years ago.
So, by the people that have reviewed these particular polo shirts, the demographics suggest an adult.
Polo shirts were popular with teenagers back in 2009 that I remember, but I know that aeropostle polo shirts were all the rage. Eddie Bauer to me, suggests an adult.

http://reviews.eddiebauer.com

Great idea to search the Eddie Bauer site!

My guess is that younger shoppers are less likely to post reviews than older ones, especially if mom is still buying the clothes. The shirts that look like they would appeal to a younger shopper have very few reviews (such as the Island Wash Jersey Polo Shirt).

Hi! I'm new - I've been lurking a bit here and doing some investigating of my own on UID cases for about a week.

I'm under 25 and grew up in this area. I have never heard of Clark's shoes and none of my friends wore Eddie Bauer.

I strongly agree with ksprincess too. This is not a hiking area as most would imagine hiking. I'm surprised they're saying a "hiker" found it. As you can kind of tell by the map it's suburbia upper middle income with some higher income very nearby. There's also a lot of large nicer apartment complexes in the area. Lots of families. C470 is a major thoroughfare and busy.

On a satellite view on Google Maps you can see what I'm assuming is the ravine they're talking about SW of the Arbor address, and what appear to be several small walking paths close by that originate in the housing development west of the ravine/highway. The houses in that development are 700k-1 mil plus... just to give you an idea of the area. Here's a map - from the description the body would be near or in that "North Hogback Open Space."

http://www.ken-carylranch.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/open-space-map.pdf

I think it's unlikely someone would wander off and get truly lost in this area unless they were elderly, intoxicated, suicidal etc...

Hi! I'm new - I've been lurking a bit here and doing some investigating of my own on UID cases for about a week.

I'm under 25 and grew up in this area. I have never heard of Clark's shoes and none of my friends wore Eddie Bauer.

I strongly agree with ksprincess too. This is not a hiking area as most would imagine hiking. I'm surprised they're saying a "hiker" found it. As you can kind of tell by the map it's suburbia upper middle income with some higher income very nearby. There's also a lot of large nicer apartment complexes in the area. Lots of families. C470 is a major thoroughfare and busy.

On a satellite view on Google Maps you can see what I'm assuming is the ravine they're talking about SW of the Arbor address, and what appear to be several small walking paths close by that originate in the housing development west of the ravine/highway. The houses in that development are 700k-1 mil plus... just to give you an idea of the area. Here's a map - from the description the body would be near or in that "North Hogback Open Space."

http://www.ken-carylranch.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/open-space-map.pdf

I think it's unlikely someone would wander off and get truly lost in this area unless they were elderly, intoxicated, suicidal etc...

Welcome Lucidtx! Very nice map. Thanks for contributing! and thanks for your input as well.

How long does it take generally in these instances to get more test results back? (gender, estimated date of death, dna, teeth, etc.)

I think it can take months and they typically prioritize cases that are more likely to be solved (more recent deaths, if there's a lead on the ID) and/or have apparent foul play. It seems like usually they're able to figure out sex and a general guess of age... general dental information... pretty quickly and the other stuff takes longer.

Interesting also... in the comments on of the 7News story someone who appears to be family of Amy Ahonen (38 yo, white, missing almost 2 years) says she's been ruled out, and this story from CBS 4 says Leann Meyer (52, white, missing a few months) has been ruled out as well. I'm not surprised based on the clothing, hair found, time frame for Meyer, but I wonder on what basis they felt comfortable making that jump.

Sorry to post 3 times in a row. FYI - It looks like Kohl's expanded to CO in 1999 and it looks like they didn't expand west of the Mississippi until 1999 or later. Croft & Barrow is only sold at Kohl's and they do not include Croft & Barrow in the junior's sections - just adult men's and women's.

Sorry to post 3 times in a row. FYI - It looks like Kohl's expanded to CO in 1999 and it looks like they didn't expand west of the Mississippi until 1999 or later. Croft & Barrow is only sold at Kohl's and they do not include Croft & Barrow in the junior's sections - just adult men's and women's.

Welcome Lucidtx!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back