Identified! CO - Littleton, BlkMale Skeletal UP11196, Apr'13 - Name not found

Just a comment on hiking and the homeless... there are numerous folks that hike up that ravine. Some park at the Foothills Bible church which is where the police accessed the ravine. There are trails that run parallel to the hogback and the trail that goes up the ravine through to the Ken Caryl Valley and Ken Caryl Open Space on the west side of the hogback. I suspect that erosion exposed the bones and someone finally noticed and call it in. All the TV coverage was from the church parking lot. We see people hiking along the powerline too. In fact, I've talked with at least one homeless man at the church who then went and camped in some large bushes just to the North of the church and behind the office complex, under the powerline. I've been told that there is a lot of evidence of homeless camping along the powerline. The powerline spans the ravine where the remains were located. So in summary, it is a hiking area, not large but well used, and there are homeless and camping sites used by the homeless in the area. IMHO the remains were buried and exposed by erosion and that resulted in the find.

My guess adult male, mid 30s about 145-160 and 5'7-5'9". That would make him fairly thin and small framed with a size 7 shoe. The shoe size is what throws me off because it does not really match the rest. Maybe it is an error and it is a size 9 shoe - that would make more sense.

My guess adult male, mid 30s about 145-160 and 5'7-5'9". That would make him fairly thin and small framed with a size 7 shoe. The shoe size is what throws me off because it does not really match the rest. Maybe it is an error and it is a size 9 shoe - that would make more sense.

I was thinking that maybe the shoe ran "big", so therefore a 7 would fit because maybe in another style of the same name brand of shoe, or another brand of shoe, this person would wear, say a size 8?

From Namus
"Status Unidentified
Case number 13-00279
Date found April 01, 2013 19:00
Date created April 04, 2013 10:15
Date last modified May 07, 2013 10:50
NamUs UP # 11196"

The date was modified on the 7th of May. I don't recall this info, so this might be what was added recently...

"Estimated age Cannot Determine
Minimum age 30 years
Maximum age 50 years
Race Black/African American
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
Height (inches) 64, Estimated "

"The remains were found west of C-470 in the foothills near Littleton. It's unknown if the area is private property or an open space, but Kelly says it's not unusual for hikers to be there."

"The area is nearly impassable for vehicles, so investigators are forced to walk. Kelly expects them to arrive at the scene by 9:30 a.m.:"

This is from an older article from April, that I just found this morning.
The article does state that it is not unusual for hikers to be in this area.
Link below....

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/...r-Area-Open-Space-201038761.html#.UZjWeZV8u-8

Also, since Namus has updated this UID, it is now known that this UID is a black male, between the ages of 30 to 50 years old and estimated height of 5 foot 4 inches.

The heights are off... but I keep thinking about the Skibas and Lorenzo Chivers with this case...

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/chivers_lorenzo.html

And Paul Skiba... assumed murdered in same incident as above... and remains of white male found in some proximity to this UID.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/skiba_paul.html
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10876

Fortunately Jefferson CO SO is a stellar agency and all of these remains and missing persons have DNA readily available. I have full faith if there's a match waiting it will soon be discovered.

If by chance this UID purchased his Kohl's Croft and Barrow jacket in Denver in 1999,
I found a website that states when the Denver stores opened.

http://www.getfilings.com/o0000950131-99-002389.html

"Kohl's will enter the Denver, CO market with five

stores in the second quarter."

"Since 1986, the Company has expanded from 40 stores to the current total of

226 stores both by acquiring and converting pre-existing stores and by opening

new stores. Management believes there is substantial opportunity for further

growth and intends to open approximately 40-45 new stores in fiscal 1999. Six

stores opened in March 1999: two additional stores in the Chicago market; and

additional stores in the Philadelphia, PA; Omaha, NE and Detroit, MI markets

and a store in Goshen, IN. Seven stores opened in April 1999: two stores in

the York, PA market; a store in Lexington, KY; two additional stores in the

Washington, D.C market and additional stores in the Detroit, MI; and

Indianapolis, IN markets. Kohl's will enter the Denver, CO market with five

stores in the second quarter. In August, Kohl's plans to enter the St. Louis,

MO market with six stores and to open additional stores in the Richmond, VA;

and Washington, D.C. markets; and a store in Hickory, NC. In October, Kohl's

plans to enter the Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX market with 10-13 stores and to open

additional stores in the Chicago, IL; Grand Rapids, MI; and Denver, CO

markets; a store in Harrisburg, PA and a store in Lansing, MI."

Lorenzo Chivers could be a match even with his height being off, but if he went missing in February 1999, and the Kohl's stores did not open until the second quarter in 1999 in Colorado, then maybe this is not him? Unless Lorenzo was alive after the Kohl's stores opened and he purchased the jacket later in 1999? If he even bought the jacket in Colorado and if it is even him. In My Opinion Only.

Status Unidentified
Case number 13-00279
Date found April 01, 2013 19:00
Date created April 04, 2013 10:15
Date last modified June 27, 2013 14:02

His dentals came back and he had really great teeth...only one that was either a filling,inlay, onlay or veneer, and 3 teeth post mortem loss and all the rest are natural.

"Digital dental radiographs have been taken and are available for comparison through the Laboratory of Forensic Anthropology should antemortem radiographs become available."

His mtDNA and nucDNA are completed and entered.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11196

There is a Permission Error when I tried to click on the profile on NamUs, so perhaps he was identified?
IMOO.

Wish NamUs would stamp it identified or something so we aren't left in the dark when profiles up and disappear!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back