Identified! CO - Littleton, BlkMale Skeletal UP11196, Apr'13 - Name not found

0 cases found based on Colorado, Black/African American, black, Black, white shoes, 15 to 35
omitting the "race" category. 0 profiles found in namus.

0 cases found based on Colorado, black, Black, white shoes, 15 to 35

Do we know for sure that the shoes are white? Most Clark's that I've seen are brown.

Do we know for sure that the shoes are white? Most Clark's that I've seen are brown.

Maybe she was just showing that the stats ruled out white shoes with an African American in that particular age group?

What about Brian Pytlinski?

He's not as young as I was initially thinking, but the circumstances fit:
+Car found at the Denver bus station
+The right size (I googled pants size for a 5'11" tall man who weights 160 lbs, and came up with a 32" waist)
+The sweater in his picture looks like something that could come from a dept store

HOWEVER the problem is his HAIR! His NamUs profile says that it was brown and shoulder length when he disappeared, but I can't find any pictures of him with long hair! I also can't tell if his hair is dark enough to be called black.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9452/11/
http://www.nampn.org/cases/pytlinski_brian.html

What about Brian Pytlinski?

He's not as young as I was initially thinking, but the circumstances fit:
+Car found at the Denver bus station
+The right size (I googled pants size for a 5'11" tall man who weights 160 lbs, and came up with a 32" waist)
+The sweater in his picture looks like something that could come from a dept store

HOWEVER the problem is his HAIR! His NamUs profile says that it was brown and shoulder length when he disappeared, but I can't find any pictures of him with long hair! I also can't tell if his hair is dark enough to be called black.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9452/11/
http://www.nampn.org/cases/pytlinski_brian.html

With the car found at the bus station (RTD Park N Ride, Alameda Station on 425 S. Cherokee St, Denver), it is only a 25 to 30 minute drive depending on traffic to where the Unidentified individual was found near 13416 W. Arbor Place. Google maps directions give 3 routes with 14.8 miles being the shortest, then 16.4 miles, and the longest directions is 20.2 miles.

A transfer ticket was found in the wallet, so if this is actually Brian Pytlinski,with his car found at the bus station, the website for the RTD/How to Park states...."Though we try to plan adequate space at all Park-n-Rides, certain locations fill up early. If they do, consider the following:
Take an RTD bus or Call-n-Ride to your Park-n-Ride, and ask the driver for a transfer when you board. Use it as a credit toward your fare on your connecting route.
Try another Park-n-Ride along your route.
Have someone drop you off and pick you up.
Start/join a carpool or vanpool.
Ride your bike, rent a bike locker or bring your bike with you on bus or light rail. RTD has a limited number of leased bike lockers available and many bike racks."
https://www.rtd-denver.com

Too soon for DNA to be back, and I understand the bones are being looked at by a forensics anthropologist or something like that. Location is near where we live and on County Open Space just off a major highway. While the subject is likely local to the Denver area, it is possible that they are from outside the area. With over 250 names listed at Colorado Bureau of Investigation as "Missing", the DNA and other evidence should tell us where to start.

I don't know if I am supposed to provide a link for this info....for Kohl's Corporation History, by 1998, Kohl's had stores in 22 states and the Disctict of Columbia, AND during the 1999 expansion Kohl's emphasis was on the west, particularly, Missouri, and two NEW states, COLORADO and Texas.
If the Croft and Barrow jacket was purchased in Colorado from Kohl's, then it would have to atleast been purchased in 1999 or later, but not before 1999 as the stores didn't arrive in Colorado before then.

Or purchased by catalog, as a gift, or online.

So I asked my boyfriend who is from the midwest about Clark's tonight. He had never heard of them, and we were in high school at the same time! I mean they were such a BIG deal at my high school.

I'm wondering if they were a regional trend. I'm went to high school in the deep South (AL, LA, MS area). Maybe the UID was from the South too and just traveling through CO.

Just a thought!

So I asked my boyfriend who is from the midwest about Clark's tonight. He had never heard of them, and we were in high school at the same time! I mean they were such a BIG deal at my high school.

I'm wondering if they were a regional trend. I'm went to high school in the deep South (AL, LA, MS area). Maybe the UID was from the South too and just traveling through CO.

Just a thought!

I am confused at what you meant, because there are Clark stores in Denver,and in the vicinity of Denver/Littleton, and this UID was found in Littleton, so this name brand of shoe is not uncommon at all in Colorado.
It is possible this UID is not originally from Colorado, though.

I am confused at what you meant, because there are Clark stores in Denver,and in the vicinity of Denver/Littleton, and this UID was found in Littleton, so this name brand of shoe is not uncommon at all in Colorado.
It is possible this UID is not originally from Colorado, though.

Yeah. I realize that they're a national brand, but they may be more popular in certain regions - that's all.

I used to live very near where this UID was found and have a couple of thoughts. First in regard to the coat possibly coming from kohl's, the kohl's nearest this area off of c470 and Kipling opened i think around 2001 so if the coat was bought locally it would have been after that.
Second based on the UID being found on the west or hogback side of c470 in an area that has no vehicle access or hiking trail I am inclined to believe that foul play may have occurred and they were dumped there. Or possibly they were homeless and camping but I find this possibility very unlikely.

I used to live very near where this UID was found and have a couple of thoughts. First in regard to the coat possibly coming from kohl's, the kohl's nearest this area off of c470 and Kipling opened i think around 2001 so if the coat was bought locally it would have been after that.
Second based on the UID being found on the west or hogback side of c470 in an area that has no vehicle access or hiking trail I am inclined to believe that foul play may have occurred and they were dumped there. Or possibly they were homeless and camping but I find this possibility very unlikely.

What about wandering off a hiking trail and getting lost? Is that a possibility?

From the website
http://jeffco.us
www.co.jefferson.co.us

Jefferson County, CO. – On April 1, 2013, hikers discovered human skeletal remains in a ravine on the hogback west of C-470 and Bowles Ave. The remains appear to have been there for some time, in an area that has no vehicle access and is considered difficult hiking terrain.

A limited exam of the remains was completed by Jeffco investigators and the Coroner’s Office. Upon completion, it was decided that the remains will be sent to forensic experts for further analysis to help in determining race, gender, identification and cause of death. This examination will likely take months.
Currently, there are no known reported missing persons in the database that fit this profile.

Personally, I wear hiking boots when I hike, instead of walking shoes, particularly if I am in an area that would be of more rugged terrain. It is possible that this UID went off the hiking trail, and did not know or realize that hiking boots were needed.
Also, wearing a polo shirt while hiking might be what some people would wear, but I would venture to say wearing a t-shirt, sweatshirt, or more of a hiking style of clothing would be more appropriate. That being said, everyone is an individual, so tastes vary.

From the google map, in the area of the Three Trees Chapel (where this UID was located near the area of 13416 W. Arbor Place, but on the west hogbag side of C-470), there is a path that looks like it leads to the ravine area under C-470, so that could be a possibility of how this UID got there, by walking.

Just a thought!

I think trends vary by region. Growing up in Detroit and later moving to Texas. I was basically shunned for coming back to Michigan for Capea brand shoes. I was told those were "cheerleader shoes" and if I wanted to hang with my old friends I better buy some Nikes. That's why I was kinds hoping to narrow the popularity down. So far I see it was an "East Coast" started trend. If you don't mind me asking about what time did you attend HS and what region?

For some reason; And this is just my personal preference;
Grey Socks would indicate Grey shoes or white
Black socks brown shoes or black
But I'm just that way. It doesn't mean that the other person also does the same. Self projection can be a bear, I guess. Maybe that also would say that the person was younger than I am? I didn't really start worrying about sock vs shoe color until I was in my 20s. If this person was in their teens they wouldn't care what color their socks were vs shoes.
I wonder if LE is interested in giving us pics of the items found with the body.

For some reason; And this is just my personal preference;
Grey Socks would indicate Grey shoes or white
Black socks brown shoes or black
But I'm just that way. It doesn't mean that the other person also does the same. Self projection can be a bear, I guess. Maybe that also would say that the person was younger than I am? I didn't really start worrying about sock vs shoe color until I was in my 20s. If this person was in their teens they wouldn't care what color their socks were vs shoes.
I wonder if LE is interested in giving us pics of the items found with the body.

color co-ordinating could have happened, so it could be true. On the other hand, grey socks, thicker ones, are popular as hiking socks, and with this UID associated with a Heavy coat, the weather could have dictated what type of thickness of sock to wear. Of course, it could be a thin grey sock, as we don't know, so hopefully photos of the items will eventually be posted.

color co-ordinating could have happened, so it could be true. On the other hand, grey socks, thicker ones, are popular as hiking socks, and with this UID associated with a Heavy coat, the weather could have dictated what type of thickness of sock to wear. Of course, it could be a thin grey sock, as we don't know, so hopefully photos of the items will eventually be posted.

I found the Colorado ME's e mail. I wonder if we should get a MOD to contact them with a few questions. Even if they could give a general description of the clothing or show us some pics it would be helpful. Sorry if I seem impatient. And I'm sure they would update the case accordingly. But If they Knew that there were people waiting on this info it could help it along a bit. :dunno:

The site where the remains were found is literally just off of C470 at the bottom of the ravine that bisects the hogback. IMHO contacting the ME as previous suggested is just jumping the gun. They clearly said that while they would do an autopsy, they would have to have the skeleton examined by other people and would send in a sample for a DNA analysis. And they've only had this case less than 3 weeks. We all know that DNA takes months if not years to get back because of the volumn of cases. Providing possible missing person profiles would be a good use of our time. (They are still waiting on the December 2012 skeletal remains found near Red Rocks to be identified too. Namus case# 12-31323)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back