CO CO - Paul, 38, & Sarah Skiba, 9, co-worker Lorenzo Chivers, 36, Grandy, 7 Feb 1999

bumping. I just ran across this case today. Either all three were murdered or Chivers murdered Paul and Sarah. They only found their blood. Paul allegedly had a sum of money on him because he was going to buy a new truck.

Here is an article from 2008

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcas...hree-presumed-dead-after-scalp-found/#more-19

Great comprehensive look at the case. 12 pages long.
http://www.westword.com/2008-02-14/news/a-cold-case-frozen-in-time/

gaia..Thanks for posting these links as I have not seen it before.
I am bumping this because this case bothers the heck out of me, and would like to see some sort of movement on this case.

Bumping for Paul, Sarah , and Lorenzo.

I found this today... http://www.myspace.com/58941416

WTH is this???? It's his pic from doenetwork and did u see the comment about Chivers?

Excellent find ! How odd is that Paul goes missing 1999 and this guy posts this comment in 2006. WTH is right.
There is also another comment from him on one of the other friends pages stating that Paul needs to update his profile...HMMM

It seems that when they did finally do dna testing only Paul and Sarahs were found no mention of Chivers...?

**************************************************************************************************************************

A DNA test revealed that blood found in a moving van belonged to Paul and Sarah Skiba, the scalp to Paul. Chivers, who has also not been seen since, was the father of a son and daughter the same age as Sarah.
Investigators learned that the truck had left the lot at about 9 p.m. and was returned about midnight. Police theorize the three were killed at the lot and the truck was used to dispose of their bodies. It was then driven back to the lot and parked. No trace of the three has ever been found

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3660dmco.html

Exactly. You would think there would have been DNA from Chivers and who's the african american guy that's posting this stuff on MS? It's like the MS page was set up to mock Paul Skiba and the comment on the J guy's MS, it's like he's the one that set up the PS myspace and J wanted him to update it IMO.

Is this other guy Chivers? Although it says he's only 28,or someone else that was involved??

Mar 8, 2006 6:07 PM
hey i heard mel was seen outside henry's plotting something scandalous w/ L. chivers

Comment from J. MS from friend S. Left on March 8 2006....

Sleuthster check your PM...

Interesting news article with more details from Denver Post.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcases/2008/02/11/new-profile-three-presumed-dead-after-scalp-found/

Police, at first, believed recently divorced small-businessman Paul Skiba had kidnapped his 9-year-old daughter, Sarah, with the help of an employee and that they had all vanished together.
Sarah’s mother, Michelle Russell, reported her daughter missing when she was not returned home after the weekend of Feb. 7, 1999. Thinking Skiba had abducted Sarah in a custody dispute, police sought warrants for his arrest.

But Paul Skiba’s mother, Sharon Skiba, knew he had just borrowed money to buy a third truck for his Tuff Movers company and would never do anything to jeopardize visiting rights with his daughter.
So Sharon Skiba and friends went to the Westminster lot where her son stored his trucks near 72nd Avenue and Raleigh Street, and they found blood smeared inside the cab of the truck and numerous bullet holes on the side of the white 1978 Chevrolet moving truck.
Shell casings were littered about on the ground. Then Sharon Skiba saw pieces of a scalp with hair attached outside the truck.
“When I saw that, I knew my son was dead,” Skiba said nine years after the disappearance of her son, her granddaughter and Skiba’s employee, Lorenzo Chivers, 36. “It was horrifying....more at link

Chivers had 2 wives according to knowx. One is the mother of the children noted in the above news article and the other is only 35 now according to public records and also is shown in Texas.

Lorenzo Chivers

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: February 7, 1999 from Morrison, Colorado
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: November 5, 1962
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 160 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Race: Black
Distinguishing Characteristics: Tattoo of a scorpion on left
inner forearm and a scar on abdomen

http://www.nampn.org/cases/chivers_lorenzo.html

Sarah Arielle Skiba

Missing Since: February 7, 1999 from Westminster, Colorado
Date Of Birth: July 27, 1989
Height: 4'5"
Weight: 80 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Hazel
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Red mark across
the bridge of nose. May wear hair in a ponytail.
AKA: "Missy", "Peanut"
NCIC Number: M-189767312
Case Number: 9950288; NCMC860296

http://www.nampn.org/cases/skiba_sarah.html

Paul Carroll Skiba

Missing Since: February 7, 1999 from Westminster, Colorado
Date Of Birth: February 23, 1960
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 170 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue/Hazel
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: May have a moustache,
beard or goatee.
AKA: "Craig Michael Nelson."
Case Number: NCMC860296

http://www.nampn.org/cases/skiba_paul.html

"I kept telling them it was strange that the whole inside was cleaned out," Skiba said. "Where was
the blanket Paul usually kept? And where was all his work?"

Then Skiba's friend began examining the outside of a second truck. His heart ran cold as he noticed
what appeared to be bullet holes and several spots of blood.

Detectives sprayed both trucks with a substance that makes areas from which blood has been
cleaned glow in the dark. The cab of the seemingly spotless truck was covered with blood, Sharon
Skiba said. A large amount had also pooled on the ground nearby.

Subsequent DNA testing confirmed that the blood belonged to Paul and Sarah Skiba.

Sharon Skiba says she thinks her son was ambushed as he drove the truck into the lot after 8:30
p.m. Feb. 7. She said she thinks that after being wounded, Paul Skiba climbed out of the truck and
was shot again.

The evidence suggests that Sarah was shot outside the second truck.

"When I think of that night, it tears me apart," Sharon Skiba said, her eyes filling with tears.

None of the blood matched Chivers', Skiba said, but authorities are certain he was also a victim of
foul play. Detectives say Chivers may have been forced to help dispose of the bodies only to be killed
elsewhere. It's also possible he was killed in a way that may not have left the same evidence, Skiba
said.

Either way, Skiba reached a wrenching conclusion: The loving son, who brought her from Minnesota
to live with him and the granddaughter, who clamored to lick the frosting off the beaters whenever
she baked, couldn't have survived.

The scene told her something else, too. Although Skiba has no names to go with her suspicions, she
says she thinks the killers knew her son well.

"If this was just a robbery, they wouldn't have gone to all the trouble to hide the bodies or cover up
what was going on that night," she said.

http://www.webbsleuths.com/dcf/MC/32.html

Blood, Scalp, Bullet Holes Only Clues In Cold Case
Group Unveils Reward, Billboard For Mystery Disappearances

POSTED: 12:00 pm MDT September 14, 2005
UPDATED: 6:14 pm MDT September 14, 2005

The three were last seen on Feb. 7, 1999, when Paul Skiba and Lorenzo Chivers went to a moving job in Morrison, Colo., and Paul's daughter tagged along. When they weren't heard from for a week, Paul's ex-wife and a friend went to the moving company lot in Westminster and found the moving truck parked with bullet holes, blood and a bloody piece of scalp.

A DNA test revealed that blood found in a moving van belonged to Paul and Sarah Skiba, the scalp to Paul. Chivers, who has also not been seen since, was the father of a son and daughter the same age as Sarah.

Investigators learned that the truck had left the lot at about 9 p.m. and was returned about midnight. Police theorize the three were killed at the lot and the truck was used to dispose of their bodies. It was then driven back to the lot and parked. No trace of the three has ever been found

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4973116/detail.html

Ambush suspected after man, daughter vanish

August 6, 2009 -- Updated 2120 GMT (0520 HKT

(CNN) -- Late last month, Michelle Russell somberly walked on a Maui beach in Hawaii to mark her daughter Sarah Skiba's 20th birthday.

Sarah Skiba visited her father, Paul Skiba, every other weekend.
For Russell, who last saw Sarah more than a decade ago, when she was just 9 years old, some images will never fade with the passage of time.

Russell especially recalls the cold Friday morning in February 1999 when she dropped Sarah off at a bus stop in Westminster, Colorado, for her ride to school.

"She loved to go to school," Russell said, remembering that Sarah ran for the bus and slipped on ice.

"She skinned her wrist at the bottom of her hand, and she was crying," Russell said. "I had a first aid kit and gave her a Band-Aid."

After school that day, Sarah's father, Paul Skiba, met Sarah to spend the weekend together, a visitation arrangement in place since Russell and Skiba divorced several years earlier.

"Her father picked her up at 3:30 p.m.," Russell said. "She visited her father every other weekend."

On Sunday, Sarah joined her father -- who owned a moving company -- and his employee Lorenzo Chivers as they went to a moving job. Watch a report about the case »

"We know they had two moving jobs that day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon," said Thornton Police Department Sgt. Pat Long, the original investigator on the case.

The second job was for a man who lived in Morrison, Colorado.

The girl, her father and Chivers left Morrison between 5 and 5:30 p.m. to return the moving truck to the Westminster parking lot where Skiba stored his vehicles, Long says.

On the way, a 12-year-old relative of Paul Skiba's girlfriend, Theresa Donovan, received a call from Sarah.

The girl said they were on their way to return the truck and would then come home.

But Sarah and her father never made it back to the house he and Donovan shared.

Michelle Russell later called police, who initially thought it was a parental abduction, even though Chivers was also missing.

"It was almost three weeks after that that I became involved," Long said. "I think we lost some key evidence during the initial time that passed at the scene."

Paul Skiba's family and friends went to his truck storage lot one week after the girl and the two men went missing and grew suspicious when they found what they believed were two bullet holes in the exteriors of Skiba's moving trucks, Long said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/06/cold.case.sarah.skiba/index.html

I just find the whole thing bizzare about dna/blood evidence being found for 2 of the victims (father and daughter) and nothing for Lorenzo. Some reports above state that LE believes all 3 victims where killed there at the parking lot and others say that 2 where killed there and the 3rd unwillingly may have helped dumped the bodies and then he was killed.

Another thing that catches my eye, something stating that there was blood inside the cab of the first truck and bullet holes through the walls of the second truck, blood pooled by the truck outside. First, blood splatered inside identified as Paul. Paul was shot inside and the pooled blood was outside, I believe the child got out of the truck and tried to run and was shot there. Bullet holes could have gone from inside to outside also when Paul was shot.

I just have a hard time believing that there was not one drop of blood/dna found from the other guy at the scene. Don't you think he would have put up a fight or tried to run also and somesort of evidence be present? So did he jump out of the truck too with the child and just said " okay, I'll help you don't shoot me"?

It just seems really bizzare.

And...what's with the 35 yo wife (35 as of 2009) that I found married Lorenzo on knowx? If this is the same Lorenzo, and there is no mention of a jr and I did find the first wife's ms and all the kids are on there and no Lorenzo Jr and the eldest is like 26, then why do the news papers not mention her, only his kids and the first wife still has his last name, so when did he marry this woman??

Thats what I'm wondering as well. I think Lorenzo is still alive. I don't have the time right now to write my theory down (cooking dinner) but I will bbl to write it down.

Okay, I found the marriage records at Jefferson County Clerk website, for both wives the one in question he married 2/95 but no record of divorce on first one who he married 2/84.

Oh, wait it was from the original ms and now I am saying once again is this a relative? and if so why is there a paul skiba on his ms friends with the same missing pic and the profile says "don't be a skiba"

Boy this is giving me a headache, it feels like Im on a merri-go-round with circus music in the background

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back