CO CO - Paul, 38, & Sarah Skiba, 9, co-worker Lorenzo Chivers, 36, Grandy, 7 Feb 1999

Very detailed
http://www.westword.com/2008-02-14/news/a-cold-case-frozen-in-time/

For more than eight years, Sharon Skiba waited behind locked doors. Her life had stopped on February 7, 1999 — the day her son and nine-year-old granddaughter disappeared. In the days and weeks and months that followed, the house she'd once been happy to share with them became her prison. Ghosts invaded her dreams, and she grew older while Paul and Sarah's things — the pictures, the toys, the flannel shirt that still smelled like her son's aftershave — stayed frozen in time. She wanted to flee, to resume her life, but she waited — for Paul and Sarah to come home, for their bodies to be found, for an arrest to be made.

So they where dating sisters??? And Paul had just broke up with his gf who just had a baby and Lorenzo was living with her sister. What about wife #2 he married in 1995???? Oy vey.

And...there is a wife #3 from the story Misha.

I know what you mean about the MS pages, one thing of interest to me is that almost all of the "friends" are in Illinois....

Very detailed
http://www.westword.com/2008-02-14/news/a-cold-case-frozen-in-time/

For more than eight years, Sharon Skiba waited behind locked doors. Her life had stopped on February 7, 1999 — the day her son and nine-year-old granddaughter disappeared. In the days and weeks and months that followed, the house she'd once been happy to share with them became her prison. Ghosts invaded her dreams, and she grew older while Paul and Sarah's things — the pictures, the toys, the flannel shirt that still smelled like her son's aftershave — stayed frozen in time. She wanted to flee, to resume her life, but she waited — for Paul and Sarah to come home, for their bodies to be found, for an arrest to be made.

So they where dating sisters??? And Paul had just broke up with his gf who just had a baby and Lorenzo was living with her sister. What about wife #2 he married in 1995???? Oy vey.

And...there is a wife #3 from the story Misha.

Looking that way...

Wait, page 3 of this news story.

Right away, Jerry noticed that the big moving truck Paul always backed into a specific spot had been pulled in front first and crooked. "Paul was a neat freak, anal about everything, so I'm thinking, 'Oh, I can't wait to hear why the truck's parked like that' — because Paul would have a story," he says. "That guy could tell a story about anything. He described things like nobody else could. He'd describe food to you and you could actually taste it. I was waiting for him to come in ranting about something that had gone wrong. It looked like somebody had just pulled in the yard at 50 miles per hour and hit the brakes."
When Jerry went to open the gate, he realized that the lock had been changed. It was strange, but Paul did buy a new lock whenever he fired someone. Maybe somebody had screwed up, maybe that would be part of the story.
Jerry waited outside the gate for Paul and Lorenzo to show up.

bold by me..

Who kills people, takes their bodies out, and then locks the gate possibly with a new lock? Does this make sense???? Also both vehicles where taken, Lorenzo's and Pauls, still geting to that part though.

I just came across this case on The Charley Project website. How very sad for this little girl. I am still catching up but I wanted to come here to WS to see if there was a thread for these poor people. I'm so glad there is!

I just wanted to say before I forget that I don't think Paul would take Sarah with him if he was going on some "drug" run that day. From all accounts he loved Sarah and would not have willingly put her in harms way. So I guess I am agreeing with other posters who don't buy the whole drug dealer involvement.

Ilovemew brought my attention back to this case. Thanks.

I am still intrigued by the myspace stuff. I dont get it. There where comments on J's ms for months on and off about skiba and chivers. I think these guys could know something.
I was thinking of maybe bringing this to Doenetworks attention. They could possibly take a look and see if this "scott" could know or be related to chivers.
What do ya'll think?

Here's the ms to refresh
http://www.myspace.com/58941416

This poor father and daughter are out there somewhere discarded like trash, what gives sometime's :(

Surely companies that own moving trucks have to keep a record of the mileage. If they looked at Paul Skiba's truck's mileage records, they could probably get an idea of what sort of mile radius they're looking at, and where the truck was taken. Even if Paul didn't have a chance to record the mileage to and from the Littleton job, chances are that the mileage for that truck would have been recorded before they left.

If they figure out how many miles the truck was driven, and send a couple of people out to search that far on all of the roads out of town (I know Denver is huge, but surely there are a few arteries in that part of town that would make the most sense for the perps to have taken), they'd find them.

ETA: I don't think that MySpace guy is Paul Skiba. The MS guy looks young.

Twelve years have passed without a proper burial for three people believed to have been killed near Westminster. The case garnered national attention with the disappearance of a 9-year-old girl, yet it still remains unsolved

Westminster Police are still working the case, pursuing every angle to solve the crime, but they have not had fresh leads in years.

Sarah Skiba vanished, along with her father Paul Skiba, and his co-worker Lorenzo Chivers.

Police believe someone murdered them at Skiba's moving company at 7010 Raleigh St.

Police recovered Skiba's truck, blood evidence from the victims, and bullets from the killer's gun.

Twelve years later, police say there is no new evidence, but there is still a passion to solve the case.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=180464&catid=339

This is such a heartbreaking case and such shoddy response from law enforcement!! Makes me ashamed that a department could investigate that poorly when physical evidence is right in front of their faces!!! Ugh!! I hope and pray there will be some resolution for Paul's mother-she soooo deserves it!! I think the whole drug story is just that, a "story" made up by the people who are responsible for the murders and I hope either the justice system or kharma catches up with them soon!

Extremely sad case...hope it gets solved soon

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Such a sad case. I think it is still solvable .

It is solvable. The key to solving the case is this:

1. There were two employees who called in sick that day. They must be investigated thoroughly as they would have been the only people to know the schedule of the moving company. Either they or someone they know, perhaps even a competitor, have something to do with it.

2. Although they suspected a drug connection at first, there still may be a situation involved regarding former drug trafficking or a debt that was unpaid.

3. Chivers was not involved in the killings as his scalp was found there

4. This was not random, it was planned very carefully and the three were killed inside the truck to muffle the sounds, which is why there were no people who heard those gunshots. Or they used a silencer.

5. The bullets will also be the key to solving the case to see what gun it came from.

6. Phone records must also be checked out, perhaps the appointments or calls into the office can shed some light onto what happened.

7. The most likely suspect is the girlfriend, she knew Paul was carrying a large sum of money; she wanted it, and her brother hated Paul and is most likely the killer. She was a rotten **** from what I heard, so I would definitely zero in on her, I think she even lied about a baby she had saying it was Paul's.

I am very surprised this case hasn't much attention here on websleuths. It's interesting, bizarre and just heartbreaking. I just learned about this a few days ago when I was looking at missing people's profiles and came across Paul Skiba. I don't even know what to think about this case. The guy sure seemed like a nice man who minded his own business. I have no idea if there are any theories about this but would sure would be good to discuss it and see where it leads us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back