Cross-Dressing Elementary School Event Draws Criticism

I fail to see how cross dressing promotes anything..

Sexually people are what they are PERIOD.
Your not going to "make" someone gay or transgendered just because they have a switch day at school.. anymore then someone who is gay will change to straight because they are around a bunch of uptight straight people.

The notion is just so ignorant.

I don't think my son dressing up as a girl would make him suddenly want to be a girl. It's just the idea, I guess. Just like I wouldn't want him dressing up as some character from a horror movie.

I thought the fuss was about the purple one's triangle thingy on his head was a symbol of the gay-rights movement or something like that (I think I was in high school/college then, but we did think it funny enough to pay attention to such a fuss over something so stupid)? My kids won't watch it -- they just lose interest in it after about 10 seconds.

That brave teletubby deserves to be called by his proper name - Tinky Winky!:)

Gotta know. How old is your neighbor?

Late sixties maybe very early 70's. She is near the same age as my parents and they dress very stylish. She is sweet but she would look so much better with a few changes. Hose that arent rolled down past the knee, slip that is a bit shorter and washing the blue rinse out of her hair. I understand being at ease with things as I am a very comfortable 35 year old. I like to look presentable but Im not near as concerned about fashion and other things as I was in my early 20's, I would much rather have the clothes for my daughter that are cute and I can get by on plain sweaters and jeans.

BTW, transgender is a MENTAL ILLNESS, of which people should seek treatment. Being gay isn't a choice, you are BORN that way (I am certainly not saying it's a mental illness either). You can't TURN someone transgender or gay or anything else by allowing them dress up as the opposite sex for eight hours out of one day.

Good Lord.

Not according to the APA. It's not classified as a mental illness or a mental disorder.

http://www.apa.org/topics/transgender.html

And you're entitled to that opinion, but it isn't a mental illness as a matter of fact. That's the difference. Trans people suffer because people think they can be cured with some treatment, that's not true in the least. I do agree that nothing will make one gay or trans, but not that one is a mental disorder.

Exactly how does a senior citizen dress?

Black dress socks, sandals and bermuda shorts pulled up to their armpits.
Hawaiian shirt, the sunglasses that cover half your head and the fisherman's cap.

I do agree that nothing will make one gay or trans, but not that one is a mental disorder.

I remember reading a study about that a few years back. A group of scientists studied 1,000 gay men from all walks of life, all races, etc.

They determined that 60% of them were born or genetically homosexual.
The other 40% were just kind of sucked in...

:D

(I'm really, really sorry. I just couldn't resist.)

I remember reading a study about that a few years back. A group of scientists studied 1,000 gay men from all walks of life, all races, etc.

They determined that 60% of them were born or genetically homosexual.
The other 40% were just kind of sucked in...

:D

(I'm really, really sorry. I just couldn't resist.)

Damn it! Do you have any idea how hard it is to clean soda off a keyboard? Or how hard it is to explain how said soda got on the keyboard in my office? I must ask you to 'splain this to my boss. :crazy:

In my opinion it is.

I was going to say that I was sorry that was your opinion, because it somehow made me think that you think less of a person that is like that - but then, if it's a mental illness, you can't blame them, and then that is different. Whatever it takes for alternative lifestyle people to be seen as who they are, and that it's okay.

Damn it! Do you have any idea how hard it is to clean soda off a keyboard? Or how hard it is to explain how said soda got on the keyboard in my office? I must ask you to 'splain this to my boss. :crazy:

Glad you liked it. :crazy:

What kind of mental illness is it when you're a predominantly heterosexual female and happy that way, but you would love to have your own penis to play around with for about 30 days? They never had a day in school for that - I feel so left out!

I was going to say that I was sorry that was your opinion, because it somehow made me think that you think less of a person that is like that - but then, if it's a mental illness, you can't blame them, and then that is different. Whatever it takes for alternative lifestyle people to be seen as who they are, and that it's okay.

I absolutely do not think less of a person that is like that. A mental illness is an illness just like cancer or kidney disease or whatever else. It's certainly not the fault of the inflicted person, not a choice, and needs treatment.

Black dress socks, sandals and bermuda shorts pulled up to their armpits.
Hawaiian shirt, the sunglasses that cover half your head and the fisherman's cap.

Where did you see my fil at :eek: This fits him to the "T" including the moth ball scent since they store them in their bathroom cupboard. No clue why??

What kind of mental illness is it when you're a predominantly heterosexual female and happy that way, but you would love to have your own penis to play around with for about 30 days? They never had a day in school for that - I feel so left out!

'round here, I call that my time of the month. Seriously, it's the only time I ever get a case of penis envy. Don't think I'd want one for 30 days though, just the days when being a woman really, truly sucks.

'round here, I call that my time of the month. Seriously, it's the only time I ever get a case of penis envy. Don't think I'd want one for 30 days though, just the days when being a woman really, truly sucks.

And I don't think I'd want that turkey neck hanging between my legs. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back