DNA/Forensic Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=482593&in_page_id=1811&ct=5

DNA experts hit back after McCanns challenge 'pathetic' evidence

Doubts have been raised over the DNA samples found in the car, but experts at the Forensic Science Service laboratory in Birmingham are confident that they will get accurate results. This is despite the failure of the Portugese police to protect this evidence in the weeks after Madeleine went missing

The forensic experts are also fully aware of the similarities in the DNA of Madeleine and her siblings who were carried in the Renault Scenic along with several other blood relatives.

I have a question - how did the lab or the police get Maddies DNA, don't you need a body. Something that only she would have used. Lets face it she was 3/4 whatever hairbrush or toothbrush she used might have one of her parents or sibilings DNA on them as well. I know I would be hard pressed in my house to find something only my 4 yr old used that had not come in contact with her brother or sister.
Any ideas?

Since the mother was over 35 when her children were born, it seems likely that either CVS or amnio or other tests would have been done during the pregnancy. Although the McCanns may never have considered terminating a pregnancy regardless of the results, tests to prepare for a newborn with problems would be logical. I'll bet Madeleine's DNA profile is on file somewhere (and the twins' also).

I have a question - how did the lab or the police get Maddies DNA, don't you need a body. Something that only she would have used. Lets face it she was 3/4 whatever hairbrush or toothbrush she used might have one of her parents or sibilings DNA on them as well. I know I would be hard pressed in my house to find something only my 4 yr old used that had not come in contact with her brother or sister.
Any ideas?

I wonder if they had a clip of Madeleines hair from her first hair cut in a baby book ?Could that even be used or would you need the root of the hair?

I know I have a lock of hair from all 3 of my childrens first hair cuts tied with a ribbon in a little plastic ziplock bag and taped in their baby book.

I wonder if they had a clip of Madeleines hair from her first hair cut in a baby book ?Could that even be used or would you need the root of the hair?

I know I have a lock of hair from all 3 of my childrens first hair cuts tied with a ribbon in a little plastic ziplock bag and taped in their baby book.

Remember you could have the DNA for the other children given and identify the one that was different as being related...but not the other children. Process of elimination.

Once they start losing teeth if the Tooth Fairy keeps a little stash...there you go as well.

Keela, South Yorkshire Constabulary’s cadaver dog, praised as the top-dog in the WORLD, at detecting a corpse, is now a useless cur. It can’t tell the difference between a dead body and a dirty nappy. Clan McCann said, “These dogs are not the super detectives they are cracked up to be” and “There is good legal work being done on the inaccuracy of the dogs.”

Most parents dispose of soiled nappies by placing them into a polythene bag and depositing them in a bin, but Kate just chucked the stinking urine-soaked, faeces-encrusted things into the boot of the car along with Maddy’s pyjamas and drove around... That explains the DNA! No wonder there is MRSA super-bug in hospitals if this is the hygiene standard of doctors!

Well, at least that's what their spin-master has suggested that they say; or that someone suggest it FOR them, within the context of the daily press relases.

How ridiculous.

So now we are supposed to withdraw our anger at them having abandoned their children at night, in a first floor room, in a foreign country; simply because the spin is suggesting that "they are a busy, kinda quirky - slobs". I guess that their PR hack-for-hire, decided that was a decent trade-off: let the people think you are slobs, rather than murderers.

Well, at least that's what their spin-master has suggested that they say; or that someone suggest it FOR them, within the context of the daily press relases.

How ridiculous.

So now we are supposed to withdraw our anger at them having abandoned their children at night, in a first floor room, in a foreign country; simply because the spin is suggesting that "they are a busy, kinda quirky - slobs". I guess that their PR hack-for-hire, decided that was a decent trade-off: let the people think you are slobs, rather than murderers.

We should add to that, people-trusting (it felt safe!) chicken-carcass-totin' professionals.

We should add to that, people-trusting (it felt safe!) chicken-carcass-totin' professionals.

That's funny! The McCann's are going to try everything they can, to take all of us who believe they are guilty off their tails.

When they start critizing these dogs, then you really know we have them.
Cadaver dogs are trained to find cadavers, duh, not living and breathing humans. Then we can assume that Kate is dead, if the cadaver scent was on her. Does she want us to believe that???

I agree with the poster here. Surgical gloves, hospital clothes and showers work to get off the scent of the dead. Then we can assume that all professionals working in ER, surgery, and nursing smell like death. Wow, the dogs would be going nuts all the time!

I am so tired of their lies! I wish PL could find Maddy. Then the police could really charge them!:mad:

We should add to the list, "cadaver-smelling professionals."

I find it interesting that the McCanns' PR constantly attacks the means of finding the evidence, or offers alternative explanations, but not the actual evidence itself.

The PJ is incompetent and the DNA tests therefore flawed (although there were TWO independent tests run at separate and highly reputable crime labs,)

The dogs were just sniff-happy mutts (instead of being highly trained professionals in their own right, who are highly compensated for their skill and world renowned for it.)

Etc, etc, etc.

We should add to the list, "cadaver-smelling professionals."

I find it interesting that the McCanns' PR constantly attacks the means of finding the evidence, or offers alternative explanations, but not the actual evidence itself.

The PJ is incompetent and the DNA tests therefore flawed (although there were TWO independent tests run at separate and highly reputable crime labs,)

The dogs were just sniff-happy mutts (instead of being highly trained professionals in their own right, who are highly compensated for their skill and world renowned for it.)

Etc, etc, etc.
Eddie & keela are not "sniff happy mutts" They are highly trained animals who located a body in Northern Ireland & who identified the victims blood on the murderers car even though the car had been burned!

Eddie & keela are not "sniff happy mutts" They are highly trained animals who located a body in Northern Ireland & who identified the victims blood on the murderers car even though the car had been burned!

I think Texana was saying what some of the McCann PR is implying.

I think the last sentence in the article is revealing: "What I would say is this: If this report is correct and DNA established to be Madeleine's was indeed found in the hire car, in such amounts that it is not reasonable to conclude that it came from secondary transfer, then the McCanns have a hard job of explaining to do. I'll leave it at that."

Beachy on the mirror forums does an admirable job explaining the lab testing and results. I am so hoping that when everything is collected, there will be no doubt in any mind of those involved in the case, British as well as Portuguese, of guilt. My biggest worry is politics and that because the McCanns have courted high-ranking officials in the UK, pressure will be put on the Portuguese court system to refuse to arrest and put them on trial without a body.

Oh God I am so sorry Texana, I see that now, I misread it sorry again.
Thanks for pointing that out Squishfield.

:laugh: No apology necessary~!

An exceptional dog like Keely is more reliable than a human eyewitness. Humans are notoriously poor at identifying people. Dogs have no agendas or egos.

:laugh: No apology necessary~!

An exceptional dog like Keely is more reliable than a human eyewitness. Humans are notoriously poor at identifying people. Dogs have no agendas or egos.
Thanks Texana & agree with what you say!

If the report in the Daily Mail is to be believed, cadaverine & putrescine in some quantity was found in the rear of the Renault Scenic. That in itself is more than ominous but it has also been identified to Madeleine according to today's news piece. But even if the testing had not obtained that i.d. or had not proceeded to that point, the finding of corpse fluids in the tire well is damning. A month and a half ago, we read of the same findings but we do know retesting has been ongoing ever since. This may be an accurate report of the result. The PJ should have got this before the news source did, however and I'm sure they did. Why the McCanns are not to be reinterviewed because the public prosecutor finds too little evidence is a puzzle. He would not have made such a big announcement knowing the cadaver evidence was arriving & could overturn his assessment. He must know the results. All of the news agencies should be reporting on this today and tonight.

If the report in the Daily Mail is to be believed, cadaverine & putrescine in some quantity was found in the rear of the Renault Scenic. That in itself is more than ominous but it has also been identified to Madeleine according to today's news piece. But even if the testing had not obtained that i.d. or had not proceeded to that point, the finding of corpse fluids in the tire well is damning. A month and a half ago, we read of the same findings but we do know retesting has been ongoing ever since. This may be an accurate report of the result. The PJ should have got this before the news source did, however and I'm sure they did. Why the McCanns are not to be reinterviewed because the public prosecutor finds too little evidence is a puzzle. He would not have made such a big announcement knowing the cadaver evidence was arriving & could overturn his assessment. He must know the results. All of the news agencies should be reporting on this today and tonight.

Exactly Tuba!

And as you said--finding corpse fluids in the tire well--damning.

Nicely said.

Exactly Tuba!

And as you said--finding corpse fluids in the tire well--damning.

Nicely said.

I have to agree and it turns out to be true I will never trust my instincts again :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea