DNA/Forensic Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay - I know everyone does not really want to talk about this - but I can't stop asking why has not Maddie been ruled out as Baby Grace by DNA yet? I don't understand. I know the police believe this baby is not Maddie, but they won't come out with a DEFINITE determination.

Do you think that is because the story may receive additional press coverage if it is lined to Maddie's name? Do you think there may be some other reason?

Have the police looked to see if Mr. McCann went to Target or WalMart when he came to visit the US back in July or August? Maybe his real purpose for coming to the US was to go shopping.....

It just doesn't make sense that it has not been Officially, Once and for All Determined that Maddie is not Baby Grace.

Salem

As horrible as Gerry is, I don't think he is callous and ghoulish enough to tote around a decomposing body across the Atlantic Ocean.

A better gambit would be to hire a private pilot to fly him out near the coast of Portugal to drop off his "package" in the ocean.

The prevailing currents being what they are, the body would not be carried west to FL, but rather north to Ireland (I think.)

Tuba, Do you have the link to the article that you found saying that the paynes did not attend the 6 months memorial service please. TIA!

Okay - I know everyone does not really want to talk about this - but I can't stop asking why has not Maddie been ruled out as Baby Grace by DNA yet? I don't understand. I know the police believe this baby is not Maddie, but they won't come out with a DEFINITE determination.

Do you think that is because the story may receive additional press coverage if it is lined to Maddie's name? Do you think there may be some other reason?

Have the police looked to see if Mr. McCann went to Target or WalMart when he came to visit the US back in July or August? Maybe his real purpose for coming to the US was to go shopping.....

It just doesn't make sense that it has not been Officially, Once and for All Determined that Maddie is not Baby Grace.
Salem

Age difference and size. Baby Grace is 2-3 years old. Also if they already have the DNA results for Maddie it does not take that long to take Grace's (I'm sure that was one of the first things done) and compare the results.

The authorities really made it clear that they ruled out Madeleine McCann it is the press clinging to a little bit of "if" just to keep the press going. They are being very hush hush with the actual results, though, I think they also want to not alert any of the true suspects for Baby Grace yet.

Tuba, Do you have the link to the article that you found saying that the paynes did not attend the 6 months memorial service please. TIA!

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=26363

This was not my source but you will find the Paynes if you scroll down a few entries on the above page. They did not go to the memorial at the beginning of this month. It was somewhere in the Mirror that I learned that when we were curious as to which couple was not there.

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=26363

This was not my source but you will find the Paynes if you scroll down a few entries on the above page. They did not go to the memorial at the beginning of this month. It was somewhere in the Mirror that I learned that when we were curious as to which couple was not there.
Thanks Tuba, if you come across the original please let me know, someone on another forum wants it.

As horrible as Gerry is, I don't think he is callous and ghoulish enough to tote around a decomposing body across the Atlantic Ocean.

A better gambit would be to hire a private pilot to fly him out near the coast of Portugal to drop off his "package" in the ocean.

The prevailing currents being what they are, the body would not be carried west to FL, but rather north to Ireland (I think.)
Agreed Pink & I think everyone is forgetting that all suitcases are scanned, a body would be visible I am sure.

I don't think there was much moving around of Madeleine.

I think she was put in one place, and then moved for some reason to a more secure place. We will probably not ever find her unless someone confesses.

She was wrapped in a blanket, I think. JMO.

And maybe not moved at all if it can be proven that one of the Tapas group rented the same car before Madeleine's disappearance.

And maybe not moved at all if it can be proven that one of the Tapas group rented the same car before Madeleine's disappearance.

that would be such an easy thing to prove - hire car companies keep detailed records they have to -

anyway that wasnt why I posted in this thread

I dont know if anyone has followed the Meredith Kercher case in Italy - The girl was murdered by persons known and unknown in Italy ( google the name ) The point is that they have managed to secure DNA evidence within days to apprehend all the suspects - it didnt take that long - so it is possible

Salem...news on Baby Grace today, if you haven't heard. Her grandmother recognized her photo. Parents are divorced...mom claims a "social worker" from someplace took the child and didn't return her. Father is giving DNA sample to police to see if it is his three-year-old.

http://www..net/111873

Baby Grace may be Riley.

that would be such an easy thing to prove - hire car companies keep detailed records they have to -

anyway that wasnt why I posted in this thread

I dont know if anyone has followed the Meredith Kercher case in Italy - The girl was murdered by persons known and unknown in Italy ( google the name ) The point is that they have managed to secure DNA evidence within days to apprehend all the suspects - it didnt take that long - so it is possible

But in Meredith's case they had a dead body, and it didn't take long to look at her housemates and friends.

Madeleine McCann's mother takes drug test

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/11/23/wmaddy223.xml

The McCanns' two-year-old twins, Sean and Amelie, have also been tested to prove they were never given sedatives, after claims that Madeleine may have died of an accidental overdose.
Detectives were said to believe that the McCanns, who are both doctors, may have sedated their children to ensure they slept while they went to dinner with friends at a nearby restaurant.

The drug tests, which were conducted in September, form part of a dossier of evidence compiled by the McCanns' legal team to demolish the police case against them.
Edward Smethurst, the lawyer coordinating the McCanns' defence, said: "Hair grows by about a centimetre a month so if you have eight centimetres of hair, you can test for drugs going back eight months.
"With the appropriate, fully-accredited experts, hair samples were taken from Sean, Amelie and Kate and the conclusion was no evidence of sedatives or drugs were found.

In Meredith's case, rape was involved.

Rape=lots of DNA evidence.

No comparison at all to the killing of Madeleine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge