DNA/Forensic Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just love to know if it is all true!

I have to agree and it turns out to be true I will never trust my instincts again :bang:

Daffodil,

I hope you aren't serious. I have done nothing but question my "instincts" since the beginning. I am fairly certain of my theory but all it takes is for someone to raise a good point regarding a scenario that doesn't fit my theory and I am doubting myself again.

The thought of another human capable of what some people think the McCanns may have done in PDL is abhorent and a huge dissapointment to those of us that believe in the basic goodness in all people. It is not easy thinking that someone could be capable of such dishonesty and disregard.

If I take my "instincts" out of the equation and examine the evidence (it is what it is) then I am drawn to my conclusions. Can't help it.

I also fear that my "instincts" may be inaccurate because, for me, the thought of parental involvement is easier for me to "wrap my brain around" than the thought of that little girl being in the hands of a pedophile.

Don't doubt your instincts, if we ever find out what truly happened we can look back and probably find valid reasons for why we felt the way we did. I will never doubt my instincts but I may never trust people in the same way again. Until I am proven wrong, my instincts are all I have.

http://www.newsdeskspecial.co.uk/2007/11/maddie-search-m.html

Another reversal of leaked information. Now the PJ plans to close the case in 7 weeks unless some new discoveries are made. The testing from FSS is in and is unhelpful according to this latest report.

http://sosmaddie.dhblogs.be/

Madeleine: "We are not going to drop the investigation"

"It's ridiculous. Even we do not have the power to drop the investigation ... This is a manipulation of the whole piece, "says an official source of the Judicial Police, confronted by SOS Madeleine with the information disclosed by the Daily Mail quoting - turn the Sunday Mirror-come Portuguese police who is preparing to leave the investigation to Christmas.

"I can assure you that there is not a single police inspector who could have them this assertion", "confirms the same source:" we depend on the Public Ministry, PJ has no authority to decide to abandon the investigation, especially at the stage where he is now. "

(continues)

(translation posted on the Mirror board: http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=25148)

Tennis_2_32194.gif

If the report in the Daily Mail is to be believed, cadaverine & putrescine in some quantity was found in the rear of the Renault Scenic. That in itself is more than ominous but it has also been identified to Madeleine according to today's news piece. But even if the testing had not obtained that i.d. or had not proceeded to that point, the finding of corpse fluids in the tire well is damning. A month and a half ago, we read of the same findings but we do know retesting has been ongoing ever since. This may be an accurate report of the result. The PJ should have got this before the news source did, however and I'm sure they did. Why the McCanns are not to be reinterviewed because the public prosecutor finds too little evidence is a puzzle. He would not have made such a big announcement knowing the cadaver evidence was arriving & could overturn his assessment. He must know the results. All of the news agencies should be reporting on this today and tonight.

If they have found this much DNA / blood / cadaverine /putrescine - 100% linked to a dead Madeline then they have a case - The Mccaans should be arrested immediatly and charged . It would be cast iron

The fact that they havent and are still not been charged maked me belive that they do not have this type of evidence - or it is contaminated

The FSS have been going over this for the last 3 to 4 months - I am not a scientist but from what I have read it shouldnt take this long

No DNA from Murat that I have read about ever found in 5A but you will remember that a stranger's DNA was lifted from the McCann flat. Fox News has reproduced the full page from The Times (of London) on this sample. As far as I know the mystery was not resolved, the man not identified.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,277163,00.html

mmmm Very interesting Tuba, Murat was not in the apartment but madeleine was at his house! Why haven't they hauled him back in for questioning?

The London papers continue to say Murat is due to be requestioned but, as with the doctors, no follow-up.

I don't know Tuba, it is becoming more ridiculous by the minute!

You would expect strange DNA in a holiday rental apartment- the McCanns were only there for a week, and many unknown people were probably inside at some point- other vacationers, maids, etc. However, if the DNA in question was mixed with Madeleine's or was something like a fingerprint in her blood, that's different.

When the stranger DNA was first found the announcement was that it was where it did not belong, should not have been. It may have been on items of hers. There was not enough blood from anyone for there to be a fingerprint in it. Very little blood was found in 5A. One drop on a window sill, some blood on a wall that belonged to another (male) tenant and then some fine spray that the dogs detected but that we wouldn't have seen. We also don't know the nature of the DNA vehicle. As far as I know it was never disclosed but probably not blood. I say that because the PJ discussed blood fairly freely.

More than on the jeans, the DNA from the Faro airport bag was on the fleece jacket and at FSS they are running it against the DNA of known sexual deviants, predators, molesters. The index doesn't extend to Portuguese perverts, unfortunately, only in country.

About a month ago, maybe 5 wks. back, the PJ called in British tourists in an effort to collect evidence in the form of clothing, voluntary DNA samples, fingerprints and more. These travelers are not witnesses but simply present on the scene at the time. PJ wanted to include or eliminate them in cross checks with other findings at the crime scenes. The tourists are free to speak about their experience in May and at this call up but there has been no follow-up in the news. Was the demand even worthwhile? Maybe the Portuguese media has covered this from the PJ side of the matter but I haven't seen that.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/1111_maddie.shtml

This report concerns two hairs being analysed at FSS. They were found on the adult clothes in the Faro airport bag and have no tie to any Madeleine DNA. Since the DNA said to "link to Madeleine" is weak in correlation, it is doubtful the bag is part of a kidnapping but the lab is running the DNA against known offenders. The news article also mentions that the McCanns are expecting to be re-interviewed at the request of the PJ but in the last 2 wks., the public prosecutor has said that will not occur until there is stronger evidence of their involvement. Again, contrasting & contradictory stories!

http://express.lineone.net/posts/view/24389/-No-evidence-Maddie-died-in-apartment This headline is only 4 days old but there is word this weekend that the PJ know or are convinced that Madeleine died in 5A on 3 May. In other words, despite lack of evidence, that belief is held fast. I could accept that if some explanation were given. PJ does assert that the times and places given by the dinner party are crucial and are inconsistent, which leads me to believe PJ is hanging absolutely the total theory of the case on what comes out of an alignment of the Tapas accounts. That is beyond sketchy. Those descriptions can be mashed into such conformity that a preferred line of thinking is supported but no one will be fooled. Better to admit that facts are thin on the ground, that precious time & evidence was lost and that it's too late to reassemble this broken construction. I don't believe this was a perfect crime. Someone will make an unexpected discovery by persistence or by chance. Until then, it seems to me a mistake to strain after conclusions. We have seen nothing but serial conclusionary & sensational headlines, each one defeating the last. This buys time & feeds the public appetite but does nothing to advance the case and honor the victim, Madeleine.

I agree that it was not the perfect crime. The perp or perps may have already confessed to a close and trusted confidante. It is only a matter of time before that person, conscience-stricken, comes forward with the truth.

Meanwhile, we are treated to daily contradictions. There have been more red herrings thrown out in this case than are tossed to the seals by the zookeeper at the National Zoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member