Dr. Lynne Fenton, psychiatrist treating JH-BACKGROUND INFO

Have we ever found out what the 6/19/12 infraction was about?

....oh, maybe I get it now, that isn't another infraction, but it's when the older one's image was uploaded. Man, that was a long delay!

i forgot that we have a fenton thread...:)

"Did you know that James Holmes called that number nine minutes before the shooting started?" Brady asked Fenton, referring to a number for a campus operator.

Fenton responded that she did not know.

Media reports have said that Fenton reported Holmes to a campus threat assessment team and a campus police officer over concerns about her patient. Prosecutors told the court last week that Holmes had made threats that were reported to police.
They have said Holmes lost his access to the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus after making unspecified threats to a professor on June 12, after which he began a voluntary withdrawal from his program[/B]

Prosecutors said Holmes, 24, began "a detailed and complex plan" to commit murder and obtain an arsenal of guns and protective armor after he was denied access to campus facilities.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48851971

http://blogs.westword.com/latestwor..._lynne_fenton_doctor_patient_relationship.php

The prosecution noted that among the witnesses who may be called at the September 20 hearing is a person who had an online exchange with Holmes prior to the massacre during which the suspect made a reference to being in prison. This note suggests to prosecutors that Holmes had intent to commit the crime for which he's charged and therefore was not planning to maintain his professional relationship with Fenton.
Update, 4:15 p.m. August 30: Judge William Sylvester has ruled that a package sent on July 19 by accused Aurora theater shooter James Holmes to Dr. Lynne Fenton, who'd cared for him professionally as a psychiatrist, is to be considered privileged information, at least for now. The reason, Sylvester said, is because there is not sufficient evidence at this point to prove the nature of their doctor-patient relationship on that date, even though Fenton has said repeatedly that it ended on June 11.
Fenton also said that she received a July 22 voicemail about the package from a public defendant investigator, who asked that she return it to the defense. She responded by calling her own attorneys.

So, this sounds like JH didn't tell police about the notebook, but rather he told his attorneys and they contacted the UC.

Are we gonna have problem with the timeline?

"Fenton made initial phone calls about engaging the BETA team" in "the first 10 days" of June, but it "never came together" because in the period Fenton was having conversations with team members, Holmes began the process of dropping out of school, a source told KMGH.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/24/justice/colorado-shooting/index.html

and now Fenton said he met JH only once on June 11. Will this mean that when he involved BETA Team he hasnt meet JH yet?

"Fenton made initial phone calls about engaging the BETA team" in "the first 10 days" of June, but it "never came together" because in the period Fenton was having conversations with team members, Holmes began the process of dropping out of school, a source told KMGH.

and now Fenton said he met JH only once on June 11. Will this mean that when he involved BETA Team he hasnt meet JH yet?

It sounds like the source was off.

another bugging question is who wrote the prescription for the Vicodin?... maybe he got it from the Internet IMO

another bugging question is who wrote the prescription for the Vicodin?... maybe he got it from the Internet IMO

Who said anyone wrote him a prescription for anything…he could have gotten it under the counter on his own.

Who said anyone wrote him a prescription for anything…he could have gotten it under the counter on his own.

You cannot just get Vicodin under the counter.
Most likely he got it from the internet just like all his war gears

If he only met Fenton one time it's very unlikely she wrote him the prescription.

LOL! "under the counter" = illegally vs "over the counter" = legally …it's a commonly used drug and very easy to come by "illegally". The gear was purchased legally…Vicodin is a controlled substance…so unless he had a script for it, it was purchased illegally.

LOL! "under the counter" = illegally vs "over the counter" = legally …it's a commonly used drug and very easy to come by "illegally".

LMAO.. i was thinking "over the counter" lol...

Dr. Lynne Fenton, his psychiatrist, testified that her contact with Holmes ended on June 11, and that she later contacted campus police because she was "so concerned" about what happened during that last meeting, though she declined to elaborate.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/30/justice/colorado-shooting/index.html

I am trying to understand this...

A psychiatrist met a disturbed student on june 11
Psychiatrist was so concerned that she contacted campus police and talked to BETA Team about it.
She declined to state in court what happened on that meeting ( fine doctors-patient privacy )
But why would she say that the doctors-patient relationship ended on the same date when she's so concerned of him?

Could it be that the timeline is OK as it stands....that Dr. Fenton made her BETA
contact(s) out of a concern that arose for her before she ever saw JH in a doctor/patient context?

I would imagine Dr. Fenton knew/knew of JH before they sat down in her office together on June 11. She likely had chances to observe him prior to seeing him in a clinical setting and maybe that was all it took for her to wonder if he was "bad news". moo

The latest news about the phone call to the school 9 minutes before the massacre is very disturbing.

Ted Rowlands was on HLN yesterday and said when Dr. Fenton was called to testify, the suspect turned around and stared at Dr. Fenton from the court room door to the stand. He said it was the first time he witnessed the suspect focused on anything for that period of time.

(sorry no link)

I did find this article about the call and what stood out to me is this quote (I'm not sure where to post it) but thought it was very interesting & shocking. I wonder what made the University of Iowa react in such a way?

It reinforces how much we do not know about the suspect. IMO

In 2011, the University of Iowa rejected Holmes' graduate application, with one official saying "Do NOT offer admissions under any circumstances," according to documents obtained by CNN.

Dr. Lynne Fenton, his psychiatrist, testified that her contact with Holmes ended on June 11, and that she later contacted campus police because she was "so concerned" about what happened during that last meeting, though she declined to elaborate.

I am trying to understand this...

A psychiatrist met a disturbed student on june 11
Psychiatrist was so concerned that she contacted campus police and talked to BETA Team about it.
She declined to state in court what happened on that meeting ( fine doctors-patient privacy )
But why would she say that the doctors-patient relationship ended on the same date when she's so concerned of him?

Part of an "exit interview" type process? This is fairly traditional for employers at least.....and one could postulate the same for a "grant" situation...

I swear I am starting to hear the theme to the Twilight Zone everytime I read about this case.

Part of an "exit interview" type process? This is fairly traditional for employers at least.....and one could postulate the same for a "grant" situation...

Never heard of such a thing and don't believe it was part of any exit interview type process.

You cannot just get Vicodin under the counter.
Most likely he got it from the internet just like all his war gears

Under the counter meaning bought it off someone. Very easy to do.

Also most likely he had a bunch leftover from a dental procedure, a lot of people have vicodin sitting in their medicine cabinet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maverick3710
Back