Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just watched part 2. Does anyone else think Burke's demeanour and body language change depending on the nature of the question? I feel like the more general questions - what was your mum like, what did you get for Christmas - he's grinning like a Cheshire Cat. The ones directed at 26th December and Burke's involvement - did you hit your sister, were you present for the 911 call - the smile goes and his lack of eye contact gets worse.

He certainly seems much more agitated at certain questions than others. At some of the more important questions, his eyes start darting all over the place and his obvious Cheshire Cat smile turns into more of a grimace. His demeanor over all is so shifty I just cannot believe he thought it a good idea to do this interview. He has not helped his case at all IMO, just given us more information to consider (such as the fact he has admitted to being downstairs after everyone was in bed that night, and the use of the flashlight).

I agree with what you are saying, but in this case the three people that were in that house are all acting extremely odd. It's not just Burke. We have John and Patsy saying that doesn't appear to be their flashlight, yet now we have Burke admitting that both he and John used it that night. If nothing else that is concrete evidence that the Ramseys were not being honest or cooperative right from the beginning. Ask yourself why???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

these folks seem smart enough to know if they just called 911 a regular patrol car marked as big as day would be 1st on the scene. Why didnt one of them go to the station and ask for a detective since the ransom note said the child would be " be-headed" if they called the cops? They could have asked one of the many friends who showed up that day to do this. I think that is what I would have done in case the killers were watching the house. This shows me they had no fear for what was said in the ransom note. They knew it was just a piece of staged evidence.

I get the feeling we will never know what actually happened to that beautiful child.

He certainly seems much more agitated at certain questions than others. At some of the more important questions, his eyes start darting all over the place and his obvious Cheshire Cat smile turns into more of a grimace. His demeanor over all is so shifty I just cannot believe he thought it a good idea to do this interview. He has not helped his case at all IMO, just given us more information to consider (such as the fact he has admitted to being downstairs after everyone was in bed that night, and the use of the flashlight).

Yes I agree with you. Dropping eye contact and looking to the side is very telling, especially when asked if his mom ever flew into a rage, etc

Honestly my grandma died when I was 9 and I cried all the time. I'm 67 and ask me about her now. No tears, sadness I would tell you how beautiful she was and a great cook.
But BR had no emotions about his little sister.

His smile is alot like the Joker's. Permanent smirk.

Yeah if that smile doesn't creep people out, I don't know what does.

attachment.php

Attachments

• burke-ramsay-jonbenet-mother-killed-dr-phil__oPt.jpg
    burke-ramsay-jonbenet-mother-killed-dr-phil__oPt.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,686
Dr Phil said interview was w/o any attorneys present. I laughed when I watched that, you know they had their pocket lawyers go over this interview with a fine tooth comb beforehand with written contracts in advance .

I have several thoughts after watching Dr. Phil.....If Patsy, John, Burke did not commit the murders someone close did.
1. Someone close knew about the 118,000 dollar bonus John received so follow the money. Who had financial issues? Who would have been jealous?
2. Someone knew the layout of the house
3. Someone knew where the paper was to take and write out the ransom note. Either took the paper home or was able to hide out in the house long enough to write the note.
4. Someone knew Patsy's vocabulary and probably received a Christmas card that year
5. Someone knew about knots. Who was a Boy Scout or knew about yachting?
I think JonBenet knew the person well. I think she was probably kidnapped but it all went wrong. She screamed and the kidnapper hit her hard so he panics and strangled her. I think she was molested to throw off the police into thinking it was a child molester.

Something else I found very significant but I am not sure if I heard it wrong. When Burke was being questioned by police in the old tapes, the officer asks him what snacks Jonbenet would have before bed. After first denying she ever had snacks before bed, he eventually says "maybe Pineapple". If I heard that correctly and haven't misunderstood, I find that very important..

I totally agree. Although BR comes across as really strange, I tend to believe him. I only got to catch the first episode though.

Also Patsy was deeply religious from the stuff I have read so her covering for Burke would make the most sense as she would of believed that she was doing the right thing and it was saving her family. IMO

Yeah I read elsewhere the SBTC = Saved Burke Through Christ. God only knows. Maybe she thought she was doing the right thing.

So Burke tells Dr. Phil that he goes downstairs after everybody goes to bed and Dr. Phil doesn't ask some follow up questions like: how long were you down there? Did you turn he lights on?

I'd love to see some follow up interviews with his college friends/peers. What he was like at college, away from JR. I think that insight might give more on his actions during this interview vs his 9 yr old self.

I have several thoughts after watching Dr. Phil.....If Patsy, John, Burke did not commit the murders someone close did.
1. Someone close knew about the 118,000 dollar bonus John received so follow the money. Who had financial issues? Who would have been jealous?
2. Someone knew the layout of the house
3. Someone knew where the paper was to take and write out the ransom note. Either took the paper home or was able to hide out in the house long enough to write the note.
4. Someone knew Patsy's vocabulary and probably received a Christmas card that year
5. Someone knew about knots. Who was a Boy Scout or knew about yachting?
I think JonBenet knew the person well. I think she was probably kidnapped but it all went wrong. She screamed and the kidnapper hit her hard so he panics and strangled her. I think she was molested to throw off the police into thinking it was a child molester.

Through the years while most are convinced the ransom note was written by Pasty its the ransom note that has made me feel they weren't involved and other things found at the scene. The Ramseys aren't uneducated bumbling fools by any means. So why would Patsy write a ransom note that pointed more toward them being involved than an unknown killer.

From what I have read John's bonus check wasn't for $118K in even money. Anytime bonuses are given there are many who will know about the transaction beforehand and when it is written. People in offices talk and it isn't uncommon to comment on who got a bonus and the amount given.

So why would Patsy putdown $118K knowing that would look suspicious for them?
Why would Patsy use her own notepad to write and rewrite the ransom note if she was trying to blame some unknown?
Why would she leave the notepad in their home to easily be found? Even elementary children know how to pencil shadow over a piece of paper to make the writing become visible?
Why would she use her own paintbrush and leave it at the scene?
If she was pretending that JB had been kidnapped then why hide the body in their own home? If they were going with the ransom claim then they would have removed JBs body from her home.
They had no set time to call 911 and plenty of time to remove anything that pointed to them. They did not. Why would Patsy write a ransom note making her family look suspicious if they were trying to get away with this? The ransom note is the very thing that has convinced me that none of the Ramseys are involved. No killer writes a ransom note bring suspicion on themselves. IMO

Imo, whoever wrote the ransom note was highly intelligent and they knew the suspicion would be cast on the Ramseys immediately by the way it was written. That was purposefully done, and sadly it worked and that is why the killer choose the 118K and it became the ransom amount.

I do believe they knew the killer of their child. How well I don't know but well enough to write a ransom note they knew would point toward the Ramseys and away from them.

And Patsy is supposedly is calmly writing and rewriting all of this when the child she loved more than anything on earth is lying dead brutally murdered? Nope, I don't believe it for one second. There is no way that Patsy Ramsey would have left JB looking like she did when discovered either. She was obsessed with JB and her beauty and when found JB would have been looking like a little sleeping Princess. IMO.

I have researched other cases through the years to see if any other parents who murdered their children did it this way or even similar and have found none.

I can't stop looking at him, the spitting image of Miss West Virginia, and thinking of how stunningly beautiful JonBenet would've grown up to be if she'd had the chance.:(

Dr Phil said interview was w/o any attorneys present. I laughed when I watched that, you know they had their pocket lawyers go over this interview with a fine tooth comb beforehand with written contracts in advance .

Any lawyers that signed off on this interview should be fired. My neighbor, who has a very peripheral "Nancy Grace" version of the facts of this case, informed me last night, after the 2nd. interview that "he did it".

That smiling is beyond creepy. I still don't believe BDI, but this interview may just be the worst thing he could have done. However, I still don't put it past sleazy Dr. Phony, to declare the Ramsey's innocent at the end of the final show, after he cashes in on the ratings, makes as many appearances as possible to "discuss" and tries to pretend like he is a real journalist for a while.

I would love to see an interview with JR two older kids. They have to have an opinion or insight.

Thank you, I'm glad the book I wrote helped shed some light. And to clarify, people certainly will display different reactions (my husband and I were completely opposite in many of our reactions after our son died). But I think people really don't realize how much trauma is involved and what that trauma does to a person.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hi, what is the book you wrote? I am relatively new to this forum. I am interested in this topic in general.

Thanks.

Through the years while most are convinced the ransom note was written by Pasty its the ransom note that has made me feel they weren't involved and other things found at the scene. The Ramseys aren't uneducated bumbling fools by any means. So why would Patsy write a ransom note that pointed more toward them being involved than an unknown killer.

From what I have read John's bonus check wasn't for $118K in even money. Anytime bonuses are given there are many who will know about the transaction beforehand and when it is written. People in offices talk and it isn't uncommon to comment on who got a bonus and the amount given.

So why would Patsy putdown $118K knowing that would look suspicious for them?
Why would Patsy use her own notepad to write and rewrite the ransom note if she was trying to blame some unknown?
Why would she leave the notepad in their home to easily be found? Even elementary children know how to pencil shadow over a piece of paper to make the writing become visible?
Why would she use her own paintbrush and leave it at the scene?
If she was pretending that JB had been kidnapped then why hide the body in their own home? If they were going with the ransom claim then they would have removed JBs body from her home.
They had no set time to call 911 and plenty of time to remove anything that pointed to them. They did not. Why would Patsy write a ransom note making her family look suspicious if they were trying to get away with this? The ransom note is the very thing that has convinced me that none of the Ramseys are involved. No killer writes a ransom note bring suspicion on themselves. IMO

Imo, whoever wrote the ransom note was highly intelligent and they knew the suspicion would be cast on the Ramseys immediately by the way it was written. That was purposefully done, and sadly it worked and that is why the killer choose the 118K and it became the ransom amount.

I do believe they knew the killer of their child. How well I don't know but well enough to write a ransom note they knew would point toward the Ramseys and away from them.

And Patsy is supposedly is calmly writing and rewriting all of this when the child she loved more than anything on earth is lying dead brutally murdered? Nope, I don't believe it for one second. There is no way that Patsy Ramsey would have left JB looking like she did when discovered either. She was obsessed with JB and her beauty and when found JB would have been looking like a little sleeping Princess. IMO.

I have researched other cases through the years to see if any other parents who murdered their children did it this way or even similar and have found none.

If PR was up all night with the situation...the head injury happened and then 3 hours later the garrote...then maybe she was going on fumes and out of her mind (as one would expect) so she may not have been thinking very clearly when writing the faux ransom note (also did she have wine at the White's party?). Also, they couldn't remove evidence or JBR from the home because they could have been seen by neighbors driving off and would need to explain that to the police. I think JBR was hidden to be removed at a later time. I don't know why they wouldn't have hid the notepad and pen too except maybe they worried those things would be discovered by LE and then need an explanation on why they were hidden.

these folks seem smart enough to know if they just called 911 a regular patrol car marked as big as day would be 1st on the scene. Why didnt one of them go to the station and ask for a detective since the ransom note said the child would be " be-headed" if they called the cops? They could have asked one of the many friends who showed up that day to do this. I think that is what I would have done in case the killers were watching the house. This shows me they had no fear for what was said in the ransom note. They knew it was just a piece of staged evidence.

I get the feeling we will never know what actually happened to that beautiful child.

Well, two out of three claim they've never even read the note, so I don't imagine the would have been too worried about it lolz.

Any lawyers that signed off on this interview should be fired. My neighbor, who has a very peripheral "Nancy Grace" version of the facts of this case, informed me last night, after the 2nd. interview that "he did it".

That smiling is beyond creepy. I still don't believe BDI, but this interview may just be the worst thing he could have done. However, I still don't put it past sleazy Dr. Phony, to declare the Ramsey's innocent at the end of the final show, after he cashes in on the ratings, makes as many appearances as possible to "discuss" and tries to pretend like he is a real journalist for a while.

I think Dr Phil is simply playing by the rules set out to him, namely that the questions be pre approved, and that any additional commentary or filler would be pro-Ramsey. Although DP has not said anything negative about Burke or any of the Ramseys, I believe the editing and phrasing of the questions tell the true story about what Dr Phil actually thinks happened. Honestly, in the two hours shown so far, how much of it has been of Burke actually talking? Five minutes at best? So either Burke only gave the 15 minutes or DP was simply on a very short leash, meaning that he could not ask leading questions that would require explanation. My guess is that questions needed to be phrased in a fashion that would elicit short yes/no type answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592