FL FL - Ali Gilmore, 30, Tallahassee, 3 Feb 2006

GlitchWizard said:
Of course, if they were separated - maybe that makes me not really blame him because he was already out from under whatever stressed him. Okay, except for that maybe he didn't want to pay child support.

I don't know. My husband didn't pay child support for 9 years and I stayed alive. I wish I knew where she was.

I left my ex when my kids were 9. 8. 7, and almost 5. He never paid a dime of child support but he was to drunk all the time to even think about killing me..LOL. Guys aren't getting away with not paying child support now days. The laws have changed a lot since my kids were small.

My money is still on the husband. I just wish Ali would be found.

i live in NC and around here, as long as your husband pays something once every three months there is nothing they can do. or at least thats what ive been told. so i dont see the money being an issue, now emotional things can happen and people never know why someone will do somehting....

Angels_Not_Forgotten said:
i live in NC and around here, as long as your husband pays something once every three months there is nothing they can do. or at least thats what ive been told. so i dont see the money being an issue, now emotional things can happen and people never know why someone will do somehting....

Once every three months is terrible. I guess they don't believe in putting the kids first.

I wish we knew more about the marriage and what caused the seperation. I just find it strange that the husband didn't go to their counseling session and didn't bother to call the counselor. I also find it strange that he didn't become concerned when Ali didn't call him or he couldn't get hold of her. I just wonder if they got into it the night she disappeared and he knew she wouldn't be at the counseling session. Wish we would find out something.

Well..I haven't been over near by the fairgrounds recently but I have seen two more billboards up with Ali's Picture. Also I've seen a number of the small signs along the road and at intersections around Tallahassee.

Hope they find her soon and safe.

I wonder how much good those little signs do. I've seen them too. Whoever knows anything isn't talking. :-(

Each time I see the signs, I think about how little comfort it would be if she were my family member missing.

GlitchWizard said:
I wonder how much good those little signs do. I've seen them too. Whoever knows anything isn't talking. :-(

Each time I see the signs, I think about how little comfort it would be if she were my family member missing.

Hopfully who ever had something to do with Ali's disappearance has to drive by those signs everyday so that he will be constantly reminded of her. Maybe it will get to him enough that he will make a mistake of some kind.

I think it would be like a stab in my heart each time I saw it if my child was missing and her picture was on signs around town but on the other hand, I would hope that just that one person would make a phone call and end my nightmare. Her picture would be a constant reminder to everyone that she is missing and just maybe it would have an affect on someone.

I think one of the following three scenerios is what happened : 1)The husband killed her and the baby or 2) an unknown boyfriend killed her and the baby or 3) someonehas kidnapped her and is holding her against her will untill they can deliver the baby at which time they will dispose of her. Morbid, but a possibility.

dreamer said:
I think one of the following three scenerios is what happened : 1)The husband killed her and the baby or 2) an unknown boyfriend killed her and the baby or 3) someonehas kidnapped her and is holding her against her will untill they can deliver the baby at which time they will dispose of her. Morbid, but a possibility.

I'm still with #1. Trouble in the marriage....supposed to be going to therapy to work out their problems but he forgets to set his alarm....or so he says...he isn't aware that she didn't show for therapy and doesn't try to contact her.....to many red flags for me. I just wish they would find Ali and then they can work on who did it.

I've got my eye on the husband too. I went googling and found some additional comments made by the husband (James Gilmore) on CNN March 6th. I feel that if what he is saying about wanting to mend the marriage is true, he should have made more of an effort to contact her. It's too much of a coincidence that he chose the day of the marriage counseling session to oversleep.

In the interview below with CNN, Gilmore states that he had been staying with his brother during the time of their seperation before Ali disappeared.

Gilmore has since moved into the home that he and Ali had shared before the seperation. This may not mean anything, I'm just sayin'.... Things aren't adding up for me.

The only thing apparently wrong with this picture is that Ali is missing and she was seperated from her husband who doesn't seem all that concerned for her whereabouts.

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:zIPH2W4eDVIJ:transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0603/06/lol.05.html+Ali+Gilmore&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=20
Aired March 6, 2006 - 15:00 ET
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: There is no signs of a struggle inside. Ms. Gilmore is four-and-a-half months pregnant. She was very excited about the pregnancy. She had pregnancy books by her nightstand. She had a pregnancy book on her bed. She had baby clothes inside of another room.

ZARRELLA: Ali Gilmore left work at this Publix supermarket at 11:00 p.m. on February 2. That was the last time anyone saw her.

JAMES GILMORE, HUSBAND OF ALI GILMORE: We have been married for five years, been together for seven.

ZARRELLA: Gilmore and her husband, James, were supposed to meet the next morning, Friday, for a marriage counseling session. The two had been separated for a couple of months. Neither one showed up for the appointment. James Gilmore says he overslept. He tried reaching Ali to apologize, but she never answered the phone.

GILMORE: And I tried to get up with her over the weekend, but I kind of figured she was just upset with me, you know, she was avoiding me over the weekend because she was upset with me because I missed the marriage counseling appointment.

ZARRELLA: Police say James Gilmore says he was at his brother's house during the timeline for Ali's disappearance. He had been staying there since the separation.

GILMORE: I'm available for the police if they need me for anything. And, I mean, I don't have anything to hide from anyone, or the police, or nobody.

ZARRELLA: On Monday, February 6, when Ali didn't show up for work at her other job at the Department of Health, co-workers called police. They found her car at the house. Inside the house, nothing was out of place. Nothing had been stolen, no traces of blood. They searched a nearby construction site. Nothing.

TRACY SMITH, SISTER OF ALI GILMORE: Aliens swooped down with some radar beam and just perfectly took her off this planet, which I don't believe that.

ZARRELLA: Tracy, Ali's older sister, has led the effort to find her.

SMITH: I just have to believe every day that she's saying, Tracy, help me; come get me; help me.

ZARRELLA: Friends, family, police all say Ali Gilmore was not the type of person to just run off; she vanished, but not of her own will. Someone here, police say, knows what happened to Ali Gilmore.

John Zarrella, CNN, Tallahassee, Florida.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

I found this article earlier in the thread and just thought it strange that he moved back into the home since they were seperated. He says they seperated to "give each other space". I admit, I am always suspicious of the husband.

This is a good article, insightful.

Husband breaks silence

http://www.tdo.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060302/NEWS01/603020321/1010

James Gilmore, a business student at Flagler College on the Tallahassee Community College campus, said he and Ali had been married for five years but separated two months ago "to give each other space." He said they had started marriage counseling.

James Gilmore, who works at a local grocery store, said he appreciated the efforts by police and Ali's friends. He recently moved back into their Wilson Green neighborhood home. He said it's been difficult living among the constant reminders of his wife.

"When I'm holding her favorite pillow, there's a certain level of comfort. This is bigger than anything, by far, that I've ever dealt with."

Has anybody read anywhere that James Gilmore (Ali's husband) is 1 of 4 persons of interest in the case? :confused:

I found this article while googling, but the link doesn't work. I found the article on another forum. It's the last post on the bottom of the page, poster is Themis Eternal.

I haven't seen this info anywhere else, but the source looks good to me.

link to article: Riviera Mayor Pleads for Information on Missing Cousin

Forum link: From Whispers to Roars

Riviera mayor pleads for information on missing cousin
By Dara Kam

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Saturday, March 04, 2006

TALLAHASSEE — Riviera Beach Mayor Michael Brown made a desperate plea Friday afternoon for help finding his missing cousin, Ali Gilmore, a Riviera Beach native who disappeared here a month ago.

"We're gravely concerned... this is very unlike her," Brown said at a short press conference after meeting with Tallahassee Mayor John Marks, the missing woman's mother, Laurvetta G. McLawrence, and McLawrence's husband, Carl.

"I want to urge all the persons of interest — and they know who they are — to step forward and to cooperate and to continue to cooperate with the police department here," Brown said.

Tallahassee police officials have identified "four persons of interest" in the case, including her estranged husband, James Gilmore, but currently have no suspects, said police spokesman John Newland.

I definately think the husband moving back into the home is a red flag. It is as if he is saying that he knows she isn't coming back.

dreamer said:
I definately think the husband moving back into the home is a red flag. It is as if he is saying that he knows she isn't coming back.

Kind of like Scott Peterson wanting to put their house up for sale...furnished. At least Ali's husband waited somewhat longer then a week to decide to move back into the house. I think Scott waited a week before he started contacting realators!

If Ali and her husband are buying the house then I can understand him moving into it and keeping the payments up so they don't lose it. I don't know if it was a rental or if they were buying it though. I guess it kind of bothers me because they were seperated when she went missing. She stayed in the house. After she goes missing he moves back into the house.
Hopfully he didn't move in because he knows that she isn't coming back. If I murdered someone I don't think I would want to live among their belongings but I never cease to be amazed at what some people do.

I would like to know who the other 3 persons of interest are. Thats a lot of people all total to be people of interest. I wonder what Ali's family have to say about her marriage. I wonder if there was ever any abuse of any kind. Was he as happy about the baby as she was. Darn I wish Ali would show up.
I wonder if this husband has been involved in any searches, putting up flyers, etc? I imagine he is pretty busy with college and work but it is his wife that is missing.

I wonder if there is any surveillance footage from when she left work on Thursday at Publix or the pizza place she apparantely stopped at.

They said the pizza boxes were inside--so she was not abducted by her car--I just have a hinky feeling about it! If she were a "single" woman heading home why would she have two pizzas? Even if I wanted leftovers one pizza would be plenty! I know it seems like a simple thing but it seems to me that she ordered two pizzas because someone was meeting her at the house! My money is still on the husband--he just gives me that vibe! I would like to think it wasn't him but so far nothing points to anything else! He would also be the only other person concerened with locking the house up since he wouldn't want anything to get stolen! Also--the keys to het car were not there--well, he wouldn't want that to get stolen either!

LinetteH said:
They said the pizza boxes were inside--so she was not abducted by her car--I just have a hinky feeling about it! If she were a "single" woman heading home why would she have two pizzas? Even if I wanted leftovers one pizza would be plenty! I know it seems like a simple thing but it seems to me that she ordered two pizzas because someone was meeting her at the house! My money is still on the husband--he just gives me that vibe! I would like to think it wasn't him but so far nothing points to anything else! He would also be the only other person concerened with locking the house up since he wouldn't want anything to get stolen! Also--the keys to het car were not there--well, he wouldn't want that to get stolen either!

So she had gotten more than one pizza? I wonder what size they were? Still wouldn't make sense to buy more than one just for herself. If this couple were working on putting their marriage back together then it is doubtful that Ali had a male over for pizza. If a girlfriend had joined her for dinner it just makes sense the girlfriend would have talked to LE right away as she would have been the last person to have seen Ali.

I'm with you on the husband. Nothing else fits. Maybe they had pizza together and something happened. I'd like to know what their marriage problems were. He says they just needed some time away from each other. Just needing space wouldn't take them to a marriage counselor. There has never been anything said about the husband being abusive or Ali just didn't tell anyone. Which could very well be. I wonder if the husband has a solid alibi for the evening and night that Ali disappeared? His sleeping in instead of getting up for their counseling session bothers me. A person really serious about putting their marriage back together would be sure to set their alarm, I would think anyway. They had a baby on the way for pity sake. I think maybe he already knew that Ali wouldn't be there for the session.

Bobbisangel said:
His sleeping in instead of getting up for their counseling session bothers me. A person really serious about putting their marriage back together would be sure to set their alarm, I would think anyway. They had a baby on the way for pity sake. I think maybe he already knew that Ali wouldn't be there for the session.
First, they keep saying pizzas and boxes in referring to the pizza. I am telling you--I do not know a single woman who orders more than one pizza at a time! Even a pregnant single woman. I am almost positive they must have agreed to meet at the house when she got off of work and talk etc...

Second, I believe you are SO right! What man, who wants to repair his marriage, sleeps through the alarm on a morning they are supposed to have counseling? I am sure he was exhausted from whatever he did the night before. He is not even the one who reported her missing! Surely he would have called to apologize/grovel/etc... for missing the appointment and when he never got in touch with her (for 4 days!!!) he should have called LE.

I would be shocked if it were determined he was not responsible for her disappearance.

LinetteH said:
First, they keep saying pizzas and boxes in referring to the pizza. I am telling you--I do not know a single woman who orders more than one pizza at a time! Even a pregnant single woman. I am almost positive they must have agreed to meet at the house when she got off of work and talk etc...

Second, I believe you are SO right! What man, who wants to repair his marriage, sleeps through the alarm on a morning they are supposed to have counseling? I am sure he was exhausted from whatever he did the night before. He is not even the one who reported her missing! Surely he would have called to apologize/grovel/etc... for missing the appointment and when he never got in touch with her (for 4 days!!!) he should have called LE.

I would be shocked if it were determined he was not responsible for her disappearance.

I wonder if LE checked both of their phone records to see if either one called or tried to call the other the day of the counseling? If he didn't call her to apologize for not showing up that should be a big red flag for LE. It doesn't make sense that he would sleep until 10:00 or so unless he has a night job. If they were trying to put their marriage back together he shouldn't have been out partying...especially knowing that they had a morning counseling session.

I wonder if they suspect him but just haven't been able to put enough evidence together to prove it? I'm sure that LE must know a lot more then we do like why they really split in the first place. Her family should be able to fill them in about that. Wanting space is so much B.S. I wonder if either of them had been dating anyone else since they split.

I hope LE is still working on this case. And I hope they have checked out the husband's alibi upside down and inside out. To much just doesn't sound right to me.

I'm a single woman and I'd order more than one pizza if I had a coupon and a refrigerator. :-( I guess I'm the only one. *sniffle*

Hey, in the parking lot of WalMart today, I overheard two women talking about that (some girl's name) had said that Ali had been found and the news was about to break all over the place.

Obviously I don't know these people, nor the girl they are talking about, and nothing is breaking all over the place at the moment - but it sure would be nice if this turns out to be the truth.

GlitchWizard said:
I'm a single woman and I'd order more than one pizza if I had a coupon and a refrigerator. :-( I guess I'm the only one. *sniffle*

Hey, in the parking lot of WalMart today, I overheard two women talking about that (some girl's name) had said that Ali had been found and the news was about to break all over the place.

Obviously I don't know these people, nor the girl they are talking about, and nothing is breaking all over the place at the moment - but it sure would be nice if this turns out to be the truth.

I wonder if the boxes where both empty? Don't cry, you aren't the only one ...hugs to you...My 17 yr old granddaughter lives with me but she is gone a lot of the time so I'm pretty much alone...no sniffles here though I love being single and independant :D

Well I wonder if Ali has been found and they aren't letting the media know yet for some reason. I sure wish. I'd rather her be found alive but I have my doubts about that because of the length of time she's been gone. Keep your ears open wide...LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back