FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can attest to that.

Can we lay off the carnies? In many areas of the country they are upstanding and admired citizens.

Trust me.

Great people. Ex did some work for a famous tightrope family in Sarasota, wonderful, nice, cant say more. Gave ex autographed old pic of them too.

Regarding the animal fighting and the GF. I saw something about 30 bandy roosters as well, but am trying to relocate that charge. I'm thinking dogs and roosters?

LOL, that would be a mini *advertiser censored* fight. Banties are miniature chickens, *advertiser censored* fights are with game roosters which are bigger.

Really? I am being completely serious when I ask you, but I am surprised anyone would find these families to be normal. The long criminal histories, drug use, underage minors playing house with adult men, numerous children from different fathers, strange mannerisms and behavior, not attending school, etc, all seem very odd to me.

Criminal histories for relativly minor offenses, drug use of minor drugs (the pot is the only thing confirmed, before the kids were born), legal minor by the laws of FL living with a man she seems to genuinely care about and be cared for by, women that made a few bad choices that resulted in children, stragne behavior under extreme amoutns of stress, consdiering educaion to be a waste if they are satisfied with their lives...all are very common.
I have a record for minor offenses, a drug history from before my kids were born, and admittedly after, (although I did seek help and have been clean for three years), moved in with my 25 year old bf at 15, got a job and had my daughter 2 years later, have 4 kids with 2 fathers, got my GED (although I used to get into college). Does that make me a bad person? I hope not. I am not perfect, and neither are the people we see here. They are not the Cleaver's but that doesn't make them worthy of our scorn and disrespect. Plenty of us have skeletons in our closets that the public would love to pick apart.

I do have my doubts about the gf, but those are based on gut feeling, not her education level, family situation or economic status.

I hope I'm not disturbing anyone when discussing demographics of the area Halliegh is from. Being from the Northwest I was wondering if the circus people off season live in that area? I remember hearing as a young woman that many people with a criminal record live amongst the carnival people and wondered if this sect of society might need looking into? Remember I'm not from those parts when responding.

I think most of the circus people are further south towards Sarasota.

We have a hunting camp about 30 miles west of Satsuma. Satuma is a different type place very rural there, not metro at all. It simple life with simple people, hunting, dogs, trucks and mostly poor raised usually for generations in the same area. Big families that stay close and loyal to each other.....Just my impression of the area.

teh..
There is no way that it is a stranger. LE would have already made a plea to the public to lock their doors, stay in after dark, leave a light on in their home, call in with anything that looks suspicious! There is no way in this world that if they thought some stranger came into this home and took this little girl that they would not warn the public! It would be very inhumane of them not to do so!
wow, good point. made me stop in my tracks....

Someone found the continuation of his rapsheet, it does not end in 2002. There is another drug charge in 2004, declined treatment. He is no stranger to the police.
Thanks! I will have to look that up! ;) I still don't see it as a huge issue in this case tho. Even in 2004...still 5 years ago. Haleigh is 5. Everything dates back to while he was still with bio mom...doesn't it?

Dosen't LP reward offer expire tonight at mid-night. Or has it already expired?

I thought it ended at noon today. I had high hopes of seeing Haleigh would be found by noon news..........but not.......

On the timeline info thread I see nothing. Seriously, I have four children, I can tell you what time they do homework, what time they come in from play, who they play with, where that person lives and who the parents are at that residence....I mean, for Monday it looks like the kids played outside until 5:30 and then nothing. What time did they get dinner? What did they eat? When was bathtime? What story did they get before bed....I just don't understand.
Children are a gift, God lends them to us but for a time....

snipped & bolded by me

This is exactly why I thought of the REWARD $$$ theory..H's is not nearly (yet?) close to what Caylee's was ($225,000) but I can see someone desperate enough for $$$ & dumb enough to think they'd get away with it giving it a shot..There's one family member in particular that points to being the possible perp to me & it's not the dad.

Doesn't LP pull his 25K reward today?
I know he started it out with 72 hours, then extended until Sat. today.
IMO

I'm sorry and i don't mean to offend, but if this family is the norm :eek:, i must be living on another planet.

I don't live on another planet (unless that's where the NE is? lol) but it's very hard for me to wrap my brain around this is the norm even tho I know it's true in many other places around the country.

Now that I'm seeing it so upclose & personal it's still a real eye opener for sure.

You missed the point. The point isn't just foul language, which btw doesn't just "spill out" unless it's already in the glass to begin with but can be written off to stress and even overlooked tho Junior was present. The point IS if the dad had so little confidence in his gf and thought she was EITHER DUMB, OR a B,* WHY WOULD HE LEAVE HER IN CHARGE OF HIS TWO PRECIOUS CHILDREN? My point isn't to bash victims--as my earlier posts stated, and DotsEyes' so clearly illustrates, it is to hopefully LEARN or take away something from all these tragic cases. As always, JMO.

:parrot:

No I didn't miss the point, I just chose not to address it specifically. Life for some people isn't "perfect". People in imperfect lives make imperfect decisions. Maybe having his girlfriend watch the kids was the lessor of other evils. Maybe in his "world" it wasn't that unusual. Look at the Myspace pages of both sides of the family. Children raising children was the norm. I don't know. I just know I refuse to judge people who "appear" to be doing the best they can in less than ideal circumstances.

Last night on NG a caller said that the girl woke up one night to them having a party. Thats the first time i have heard about that. Anyone else heard anything or know anything about that incident. I also noticed that before the grandma said that she had been in the house and there was a bathroom in the br and last night she said she had never been in the house.

I thought it ended at noon today. I had high hopes of seeing Haleigh would be found by noon news..........but not.......

Yes. I would have thought the reward would bring something out if anyone knew anything. That is a lot of money for that neck of the woods.

The only thing I think about this family's history is it makes it hard for me to see that any are trustworthy. Other than that....it's just sad. Honesty is something that has no monetary value, you either are or you are not. It does not matter where you live, or if you graduated from Yale or live in a homeless facility and never went to school.

On the timeline info thread I see nothing. Seriously, I have four children, I can tell you what time they do homework, what time they come in from play, who they play with, where that person lives and who the parents are at that residence....I mean, for Monday it looks like the kids played outside until 5:30 and then nothing. What time did they get dinner? What did they eat? When was bathtime? What story did they get before bed....I just don't understand.
Children are a gift, God lends them to us but for a time....

I think that we can only create a solid and verifiable timeline if we have, preferably, documents from LE that give an outline.

We could construct from media but I have not seen those questions posed to family members.

Despite whatever "culture" the families may come from, the father has made it clear during interviews that he wants to be taken seriously. That is why he ignored his cell phone ringing in one of the first videos. In another someone standing with the family's was ringing and he looked over at them and said "thats rude". I think it is also a reason why in the Greta interview with Misty, he had told her to look at the camera. He wants people to take him seriously, and he deserves that until his child is found.

I totally agree.

Doesn't LP pull his 25K reward today?
I know he started it out with 72 hours, then extended until Sat. today.
IMO

He originally said that but it may have changed? IDK..The last I saw the figure it was up to $31,000..I thought it would be much higher (by now) & can't figure out why it's not or why CMA's was a whopping $225,000!

The only thing I think about this family's history is it makes it hard for me to see that any are trustworthy. Other than that....it's just sad. Honesty is something that has no monetary value, you either are or you are not. It does not matter where you live, or if you graduated from Yale or live in a homeless facility and never went to school.

Reminds me of "The Pursuit of Happiness" with Will Smith..

I think that we can only create a solid and verifiable timeline if we have, preferably, documents from LE that give an outline.

We could construct from media but I have not seen those questions posed to family members.

Well it jumps from played outside until 5:30 to 8:00 bedtime....wouldn't the girlfriend have stated when dinner was and what they ate I mean....I just don't get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member