Resolved FL - Bay Co, WhtMale UP8089, 40-60, hit by car, tattoos: Lori & devil face, Jul'07 - Name withheld

Huh... like one of those puzzles everyone see's something different on... LOL!

I see the name Lori... and what looks like an cartoonish bat.

Didn't see your post, lol. It IS the name Lori and the other tattoo is the devil.

I talked to the det again last week and he told me to get with ME's office and try to get them to release pic to GBI.

I was working on the Madison video tape case all week and this moved to the back burner, sorry.

I need to regroup after this week and find my notebook on this one. Will try and touch base w/det and see if there is anything new.

I haven't done anything! :(

Have y'all been searching missing to see if there are any possible matches?

I also got a call from a local, missing son 15 yrs....there are so many.

If you tilit your head to the right you can read it is Lori...

I agree its homemade.

If it wasn't suicide...what did the tox screen show? Maybe he was high, drunk, or otherwise in a condition to be "wandering".

The tat for some reason looks like a variation of a sphinx. Head with wings. The wings look familiar...like you would see on a logo. I agree it says Lori very crudely. The other tat looks rather homemade to me, too. The coyote tat would be interesting to see. I wonder if it is as crude or poorly done?

Y'all aren't finding any possible matches w/listed missing?

I need to find the #/name and call ME lady and see if I could push composite, that would really help, to get his face out locally. I have it at home :(

I left a bunch of stuff this weekend at work, today I left stuff at home, HELP? LOL!

Not yet, but I just saw a sarcophagus floating down the Thames River on Fox news and it looked so much like this tattoo. (It was on their "Around the world" segment so I am still trying to find out what it was about and get the photo of it.)

The wings around the face are like that of the Sphynx. It is symbolism...not a green devil.

I spoke to ME's office today. They said YES they would work with GBI to get a 'likeness' of the UID done. She said just have GBI contact her and they will set them up as investigating agency then she can give them the photos.

:)

I left message for the contact at GBI and will update you as I am.

BTW..IIRC 1 of the tattoos is supposed to be a bat with big wings, or am I cross posting again, LOL! I need to check, there were several tattoos, I'm not sure we have pics of them all. Maybe we are confusing one for the other?

From post #1

One of the tattoos was the name "Lori", and another one depicted the devil. He also had tattoos of wings and a coyote

RTFOREARM.jpg

That is what I am saying...I am not sure that is a bat or a devil!

RTFOREARM.jpg

That is what I am saying...I am not sure that is a bat or a devil!

Looks to me like upsidedown it is a bat, and rightsideup it is a devil (or vise versa.) 'Course you actually have to look sideways at it the way the picture was taken.

I talked w/Panama City ME again today. They will connect with GBI late this week, beginning next week to get them set up as investigating agency. Me's offices stated they will request GBI do likeness of face AND ALL TATTOOS!

That is what we need!

So, hopefully, soon we will have a composite of this mans face and artist renditions of the tattoos.

OH, Don't ask me where this came from, I hate the John Doe, UID thing......I am calling him Mitch.

Mitch, we are trying man!

That one tattoo looks like a griffin devil or the kind of gargoyle you would find in the card came "Magic the gathering"

Here's an update for anyone interested in FL-UID Hwy. 231, aka "Mitch" Doe.

Here is a letter that I sent to the trooper that investigated, and I am awaiting another email hopefully sending pencil sketches of "Mitch". All names, personal info and phone numbers have been *advertiser censored*'d at the request of Christine.

Dear Trooper XXXXX,

Hello. My name is XXXXX, and I work with the group Lightingthewayhome.org. I believe that you previously spoke to Christine, the founder of our organization, late last year concerning the John Doe hit by a car on Hwy. 231. Christine became overwhelmed with the amount of requests coming from Georgia cases and regrets losing contact with you. She asked me to take over this case for our group. Due to the fact that I live in Florida, I will be the Florida coordinator. We really want to update things to keep the search for this man's identity ongoing.

As I'm jumping into the middle of the process here, please forgive me if I'm repeating things that have already been sent or asked.

We are actively working with the GBI on quite a few of our cases. XXXX with the GBI has a sketch artist available that will do a sketch of our John Doe. I understand from Christine that the morgue photos are unveiwable to the general public (understandably), and we would love to see a composite make it out for viewing on flyers and websites. XXXXX can be reached at *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-xxxx. Her email address is xxxxxxxx.

While waiting for a possible composite and doing web searches, we did have a few questions. Please forgive me again if these have already been asked and answered.

1) Has his DNA been entered into CODIS?

2) Did the UID have dentures, partials, or any other outstanding dentition?

3) Were there any piercings?

4) Did the UID show any signs of what trade he may have worked, i.e. calloused hands?

5) Did anything unusual show up on any tox screen results, i.e. heroin, meth, etc.?

6) Any previous fractures, scars or evident surgery?

7) Did the UID have glasses or contact lenses?

The information the we do have has been guiding our search so far. If any of this is wrong please let me know so that I may correct any misinformation we may have listed. This info includes:

-White male

-35-45 years old

-5'7", 157 lbs

-Brown hair and brown eyes

If his DNA has not been entered into CODIS yet, we do have someone available that will help coordinate that. Law enforcement or a medical examiner must be the ones to do the actual requesting. There is no charge for the kits or the analysis, and the results will be entered into CODIS when completed.

Thank you so much for your time, and here's hoping for a positive resolution to this case. As we have so many "John Doe" 's listed, Christine felt that "John" just wasn't quite right. We're now referring to him on our boards as "Mitch Doe". I hope that one day soon we can rectify that and give him his proper name back.

If you have any questions or updates, I can be reached both at this email, flmom@lightingthewayhome.org and by phone at *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-xxxx.

Here is his response:

Mrs. XXXXX

The DNA test has been sent off. I did send Christine a couple of pictures that were ok to publish. They were done using a computer program that transformed the photos to a pencil sketch drawing. If you need to have the pictures sent again, let me know and I will re-send them.

As far as he dental and DNA, call the Medical Examiners Office and they can let you know about the records. I don’t remember any drugs and will double check my files to see. There was alcohol involved. No other scars. There were the tattoos I listed.

I’m still going through the NCIC missing persons every day and have not found any matches. I’ve been checking everything close. It could be the ht or weight was entered different than what we have, but, I’ve tried to rule each one out. The FBI found were no finger prints on their past files.

Call XXXXX at the ME’s office. Her number is *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-xxxx. She can put you in contact with their investigator that is handling the case. (We have a new ME and staff)

FL mom, hi from another floridian! Keep up the good work. Here I just read the whole thread and then the trooper says that he sent pics to Christine and then...... NOTHING! LADIES!? Where are the pics? I sure do wish I could do something to help this poor guy.

Still unidentified
https://identifyus.org/cases/8089
Body found beside Highway 231. Victim of pedestrian vs motor vehicle crash
Estimated age Adult
Minimum age 40 years
Maximum age 60 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) 157, Measured
Height (inches) 68, Measured
Recognizable face
Short trimmed mustache and goatee
Short brown hair, brown eyes
Fingerprints will be updated later
Blue jeans, brown hat, brown belt
(2) plastic cigarette wrappers, (1) pack of cigarettes

Dentals are available for the upper jaw. DNA entered.

Still unidentified
https://identifyus.org/cases/8089
Body found beside Highway 231. Victim of pedestrian vs motor vehicle crash
Estimated age Adult
Minimum age 40 years
Maximum age 60 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) 157, Measured
Height (inches) 68, Measured
Recognizable face
Short trimmed mustache and goatee
Short brown hair, brown eyes
Fingerprints will be updated later
Blue jeans, brown hat, brown belt
(2) plastic cigarette wrappers, (1) pack of cigarettes

Dentals are available for the upper jaw. DNA entered.

Additional info:
Tattoos:
Left Anterior Forearm:"Lori"
Right Lateral Upper Arm: a girl
Right Anterior Forearm: winged devil head
Fingernails: Short and dirty
Toe nails:Short and clean

Rule Outs:
Michael Allan 1954 Florida
Richard Bird 1967 North Carolina
Carlo Pfaff 1944 South Carolina

Members online