Resolved FL - Bay Co, WhtMale UP8089, 40-60, hit by car, tattoos: Lori & devil face, Jul'07 - Name withheld

Looks like there's a new rule out! Here's a full list:

Michael Allan 1954 Florida
Scott Berry 1954 Florida
Richard Bird 1967 North Carolina
Carlo Pfaff 1944 South Carolina

A word on tattoos: There are a lot of tats done from flash books, designs created by artists and licensed out, much like stock photos. The blurring on the ink says to me he's had it a long time, and over time you also get a build up of ink in the lymph nodes. Much like pen ink, the formulas for tattoo ink change over time and by company. Ink done in prison is (obviously) more likely to be sourced from somewhere other than commercial tattoo ink (such as ink from pens or homemade variations). LE do keep databases on gang and prison related tattoos, but to try to keep one on commercial tats, both flash art and free hand, would be an exercise in frustration. You might hit lucky and have an artist recognize their work or someone else's, much as those who verify works of master painters do, but it's a long shot with so much flash art around.

The devil tat looks a lot like the mascot for the college I went to....my guess is devil. As for my guess of who might recognize him....the tat "Lori" & the other Tats make me think he was part of biker culture & Lori was a girlfriend or wife. He also might have been hungover or disoriented hence the manner of his death. Sad case but if the info is posted on Facebook someone might identify him.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but something I have been wondering about is in so many of these cases, the victim has "a recognizable face", why do they not post it?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/15028/1/

Just came across David Burney. He's from Alabama so the next state up though I'm not sure of distance exactly from missing location to where the UID was found. Someone mentioned earlier on that they thought the tattoos may have placed him in the biker scene and from his photo it looks like that might be something David was involved in. His profile states that he has tattoos on his arms but doesn't specify what.
The hair colour seems to differ with between sources saying brown or grey. Height and weight within reasonable ranges.

Any thoughts on this possible?

The road he was killed on is the main highway from south AL to the coast. So it's a possibility. There are other roads that come from AL to the area but 231 is the most heavily traveled route.

Can we get the computer generated sketch image based off the original that was mentioned in a earlier post?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Ok just got off the phone with the Director of operation at the medical examiners office and got some detailed info and some pics. David Michael Burney has been ruled out via fingerprints. GBI will be doing some drawings for us of the tattoo's if he cannot find someone from the office to do them. He believes they can be of significant use to us. The pictures just aren't a good enough quality as they are. Dental records and DNA have been gathered. Can match from family members. Here is the txt driven copy of the autopsy photo ID. this should help our search greatly. Lets Sleuth away people. I'll keep updated soon as I hear more. Posting the tattoo's I have and ID to have them all in one place on this post.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2 faces face 1.jpg
    2 faces face 1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 2 faces face 2.jpg
    2 faces face 2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 98
  • LEFTFOREARM.jpg
    LEFTFOREARM.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 94
  • RTFOREARM.jpg
    RTFOREARM.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 96
  • RTFOREARM2.jpg
    RTFOREARM2.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 95
Baneone4u, thanks for posting these images. This is the first I have heard of this case, how tragic and sad. Someone has to be missing a father, brother, uncle, cousin, friend or husband.

Baneone, I am sorry you lost your best friend Brad Allen Pierson.
Your siggy is quite moving. :hug: I pray Brad gets the justice he deserves. :scale:

Thank you that's very kind of you. Yes it's very sad. I've taken to this case and I believe it's truly solvable .

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Pineappleexpress, I don't believe John Salazar is our man because he doesn't look Hispanic, IMO.

Jeffery Cockrum looks like a pretty good candidate even though his eyes and ears look a bit different, but his morgue photos are not very clear
and since life and death photos can be very deceiving, I think you should submit Jeffery.

Great find Pineappleexpress. :star: Crosses fingers, toes, arms and legs.

Your welcome. Baneone4u. Very solvable indeed.

High resolution fingerprints have been submitted to Jeffery C. Cockrum investigation via medical examiners office here in bay county. Received emails this morning.

High resolution fingerprints have been submitted to Jeffery C. Cockrum investigation via medical examiners office here in bay county. Received emails this morning.

Hope we get an identification. I searched for awhile this morning too. Having a hard time finding anyone else that is close to a match. Even going back a few more years.

Yup

Is it possible that he is an illegal? Many, many in the areas north of PC and PCB. Could be he went to work in construction at the beach? There is a lot of that going on down there.

Yeah, there was back then. Not so much where he was found tho. He was actually found quite close to a prison. He also was quite intoxicated with alcohol. There was also a bar there back at that time near that location. It's been renamed and new owners or I'd have checked more into that. I did download a 1.4 gig txt file of all the releases from that prison since 1987 he could be listed. Picked up as a vagrant possibly, lortering or public intoxication etc. There is a man here on PCB. Older man with same last name whom is old enough to be parent or grandparent. I've not confirmed but could be a reason for being in this area. The name seems uncommon.

My husband thinks the tattoo is the green goblin from spider man

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

I think blue devil from old DC comics. With wings. He has peacock tattoo also. Examiners Office told me the tattoos are being drawn up as we speak in house. Offered GBI artist, he luckily said designs are simple.

Not only lots of illegals in construction work but in landscaping/lawncare as well. Always both going on down there. He could've been hitchhiking or walking along 231. If he was drinking it doesn't take much to figure out how he happened to get hit. If he's an illegal he will probably never be identified because those who know him will be afraid to speak up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back