FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somer is so Loved by so many... Bless you Little Sweet Somer...

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...it-Somer-memorial/TNkWCndkF0Wdu6RO0qCZUw.cspx

ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- Renee Teague and Jeffrey Thomas went to Somer's neighborhood Friday to light candles in Somer's memory. They drove all the way to Orange Park from Baker County to let Somer's family know they care.

"I feel for this family. My heart just aches with them. I've cried many tears for this family, for this little girl," said Teague.

In the neighborhood, investigators continue checking leads.

2,300 tips have come in, but detectives are staying tight lipped.

People say they understand if it means investigators are getting close to finding the child killer.

"I just want them to catch the monster that has done this to this little girl," said Teague.

Until then, people are praying and sticking together in a community that is keeping Somer's memory in their hearts.

Somer Thompson: FBI hunts for clues in Georgia landfill
Everything from taking crime scene photographs to lifting fingerprints

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...mpson_fbi_hunts_for_clues_in_georgia_landfill

When FBI agent Larry Meyer heard that police found Somer Thompson’s body in a Georgia landfill last week, he mobilized a group of co-workers whose gruesome, painstaking work may reveal her killer.

Some were gun-toting agents who regularly hunt criminals on the streets of North Florida. Others included FBI support staff whose full-time jobs entail photography and data analysis.

They are all part of the Jacksonville-based FBI Evidence Response Team, a highly trained group of forensics-fascinated folk who could run circles around any CSI television star, though it’ll take more than an hour.

Men Found Guilty Of Raping 12-Year-Old Girl

Posted: 4:33 pm EDT October 30, 2009Updated: 6:35 pm EDT October 30, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- An Orange County jury convicted two illegal immigrants Friday of kidnapping and raping a 12-year-old girl. The 12-year-old, who was eleven at the time, was on her way to school in February when she was grabbed off the street at knife-point.

The two men who were accused of raping the girl could go to prison for the rest of their lives. Life is the most serious sentence they could face under Florida law, but both will spend at least 25 years.

Everyone keep praying for LE to solve this case-and that they don't lose heart. Imagine the task before them-all the information posters have put on this thread is a microscopic part of their search for justice. Not to mention the laws they have to contend with-the 'rights'and 'rules' of discovery. LE has physical evidence and they have to work backwards-they really really need help from witnesses to find that elusive link-to fit the timeline and the clues. It is a terrible thing to lose a child in the community and a defeating feeling that it happened at all. I am not a great believer in more laws unless, as this case exposed, such new laws help prevent SO's from having carte blanche to roam and go free. Each and every one of us in our own community can take the time to take a stand and write legislators and judges whenever we see too much leniency towards perpetrators against children. We can never give up the good fight.

Sheriff's Deputy Arrested For Assaulting Child

Posted: 9:34 pm EDT October 30, 2009

http://www.wftv.com/news/21482587/detail.html

ST. CLOUD, Fla. -- An Osceola County Sheriff's Deputy is facing charges for Sexual Battery on a Child and Domestic Violence.

St. Cloud police arrested Sergeant Chad Lakey on Friday.

Police won't say much about the circumstances surrounding his arrest.

Lakey is on paid administrative leave pending an investigation.

Comments are interesting in this article.. Interesting what is NOT said in article.. Why so hush hush????? Release info just like it would on anyone else.. grrrrrrrrrrrrr...

I'm pretty sure they're not releasing the cause of death because its something only the killer would know- so if they are interviewing 100+ RSOs and others, if someone slips up and says something that wasn't released they have probable cause for a warrant/arrest. If it was released to the media, the person could say he heard it on the news.

I remember a case from law school where when interviewing a suspect he mentioned the victim was stabbed, and LE never released that. Oops!

Exactally, or maybe they are not releasing details because maybe, just maybe, Somer wasn't sexually molested, and therefore suspision might befall a family member, a family friend, or a child in the nieghborhood, and it's as equally important to LE that the public not know that fact yet. Maybe if we KNEW Somer wasn't sexually assalted, then suspicion might turn inward, and LE may have very valid reasons for the public not to turn against the family yet, or to look at fellow child as the killer......just saying.......give it some time folks, and it's not going to take much time, trust me.....we will start to get some "truths" soon......I suspect.

Exactally, or maybe they are not releasing details because maybe, just maybe, Somer wasn't sexually molested, and therefore suspision might befall a family member, a family friend, or a child in the nieghborhood, and it's as equally important to LE that the public not know that fact yet. Maybe if we KNEW Somer wasn't sexually assalted, then suspicion might turn inward, and LE may have very valid reasons for the public not to turn against the family yet, or to look at fellow child as the killer......just saying.......give it some time folks, and it's not going to take much time, trust me.....we will start to get some "truths" soon......I suspect.

I am hoping and Praying Ripley this is true.....

Sheriff's Deputy Arrested For Assaulting Child

Posted: 9:34 pm EDT October 30, 2009

ST. CLOUD, Fla. -- An Osceola County Sheriff's Deputy is facing charges for Sexual Battery on a Child and Domestic Violence.

St. Cloud police arrested Sergeant Chad Lakey on Friday.

Police won't say much about the circumstances surrounding his arrest.

Lakey is on paid administrative leave pending an investigation.

Comments are interesting in this article.. Interesting what is NOT said in article.. Why so hush hush????? Release info just like it would on anyone else.. grrrrrrrrrrrrr...
Do you have link to the article - sounds interesting.

Cleveland Ohio/Authorities in Ohio were digging for more bodies Saturday at the home of a convicted sex offender after the possible remains of six people were found inside and outside his house.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,570628,00.html
I sincerely hope this is nowhere around any of you, posters. So sorry it happened at all.
The point I'm making is that a la' not enough information being given out , there's not even a picture of this rapist on this Fox website, or in the online Cleveland Plain Dealer story.
Now how crazy is that? This is just a pet peeve of mine. Thanks for letting me vent:doh:

Originally Posted by Kewpiedoll
DT stated this herself to the media, I watched it and also heard her comment about 'she didn't raise her kids that way'.

The Sheriff did not state DT provided him with the information-- it was more than likely the baby-sitter that spilled the info to LE.

Here is 10/19 video with Sheriff.....

7-Year-Old Orange Park Girl Missing (around 3:40 mark)
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21344324/index.html

and

Grandmother Devastated by Somer's Disappearance
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/s...6947&catid=338

After reading the baby sitters comments last week I backtracked as it didn't make sense.......as this video clearly establishes, the Sheriff knew of Somer's tendency to wander right off (baby sitter's comments came a day or so later and while he doesn't specifically say DT told him...it is far more likely the info came from family rather then a teen baby sitter from months ago)....it seems he also believed it was out of the norm for her to wander past a certain time.

OT Do love this Sheriff.....

Cleveland Ohio/Authorities in Ohio were digging for more bodies Saturday at the home of a convicted sex offender after the possible remains of six people were found inside and outside his house.
I sincerely hope this is nowhere around any of you, posters. So sorry it happened at all.
The point I'm making is that a la' not enough information being given out , there's not even a picture of this rapist on this Fox website, or in the online Cleveland Plain Dealer story.
Now how crazy is that? This is just a pet peeve of mine. Thanks for letting me vent:doh:

I think this is the one you're talking about:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90947"]OH-Manhunt: Sex Offender On the Run After Police Unearth Bodies At His Home - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I was reading it last night and then tried to get some sleep - creepy!

I'll be gone all morning, so barring any more glitches in the system, I'll catch up (or pretend to) when I get home. Menwhile, keep on keeping on, ya'll. :)

KAE, you're exactly right. Sorry.:sick:
I should have linked to that. Thank you!

No problem Doggies.

We need a Mod to lock the previous thread (#12)

PS-we need a mod to recognize that this case WILL be a biggie and it deserves it's own unique thread, that can then be subdivided into different areas of interest and concerns. JMHO

Oh great now he is gone.. reward for him.. :furious: :furious:

o/t ..... Hey CG .. everyone was worried about you .. hadn't heard from you for few hours. but a little birdie told us about your tooth.. hope it gets better... nothing worse than a toothache.. I feel so sorry for you CG ..every week you have some new problem with health.. Is this your first baby?? Hope time passes fast and safe rest of the months to come for you.. Get well.... Gotta love those babes tho... nothing like them in this world...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname