GUILTY FL - Tia Poklemba, 25, found dying on street, San Carlos Park, 8 Aug 2008

I don't know how her ear could come off if she fell out of a car or jumped...
It sounds like she was either run over or a pack of dogs got to her and dragged her. There was a puddle or pool of blood not far from her. Was she drug from a few spots? She couldn't have moved by herself with all those broken bones, could she have?

Jannuncutt, I can only speculate that Knoxx took the opportunity from this case to mention how biased the media is about "reverse hate crimes"?

Just a guess.

Meanwhile, vowels? Maybe someone named Costello murdered the poor woman? Are we to speculate Italians killed the woman or Latino's?:confused:

Who gives a flyin what the persons name ends with or begins with as long as they catch them and prosecute them and lock them up.

Yeah, because I am one of those evil people with a vowel at the end of their names so you know I am totally dragging other white women behind a car. :rolleyes:

I do agree that reverse racism exists. There was a case here in Tennessee where a group of blacks raped, tortured and killed a white couple. (Both the male and female was raped) It was a hate crime but because the DA is afraid of upsetting the black population they were not tried under the law. It was sickening!

I do not care what color you are, if you kill someone you should be punished. They need to use the law properly and apply it to everyone and not just a certain race.

This girl who was killed deserves justice. Please keep everyone updated.

Jannuncutt...and everyone, forgive me if I'm wrong, but I asked Knoxx about the vowel comment earlier.

He was just posting a comment someone made on one of the news website...and not his own (from what I understand....correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't see how it could possibly be relevant...and I think that was what he was pointing out)

See posts # 10, 18, 21, and 22....the first line of his initial post is his..just saying that he found the comments interesting. The line below it is a comment from one of those sites. Will look for it after serving dinner =)

It sounds like she was either run over or a pack of dogs got to her and dragged her. There was a puddle or pool of blood not far from her. Was she drug from a few spots? She couldn't have moved by herself with all those broken bones, could she have?

It could easily happen if they were arguing as they were driving down the road. Maybe it began getting violent. Maybe she was pushed against the door or maybe she was going to jump out. Very likely she was trying to jump. But the door flies open. Maybe her feet got tangled in something in the vehicle or maybe the driver grabbed her feet on the way out.

The driver stops and sees what shape she is in, gets scared and pulls into the alley to dump her out. The people who found her may have driven up as he was just getting ready to drive away.

But they should be able to determine very easily if the ear was cut off or scraped off. If it was cut off, it could be like in some of the other cases, someone wanting to make it look like the work of someone who would keep trophies- a serial killer. The key will be if and when the rape occurred. Before or after the injuries. But I think this will probably turn out to be relationship violence.

Jannuncutt, I can only speculate that Knoxx took the opportunity from this case to mention how biased the media is about "reverse hate crimes"?

Just a guess.

Meanwhile, vowels? Maybe someone named Costello murdered the poor woman? Are we to speculate Italians killed the woman or Latino's?:confused:

Who gives a flyin what the persons name ends with or begins with as long as they catch them and prosecute them and lock them up.

Is that the same thread where people who knew her were posting? Very possibly it was a friend who suspected a person with an 'O' in their name.

"
Schaub said she had met an ex-boyfriend there, argued with him and then stayed at the bar after he left. He had tried to give her a ride, Schaub said, but Poklemba refused.
Saturday night, investigators said they were looking for a “person of interest” who left the bar with Poklemba.
The man was described as a Hispanic man in his mid-20s, between 5 feet 7 inches and 5 feet 9 inches, with a medium build and black hair."

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/aug/09/slain-south-lee-woman-left-tiki-bar-shortly-death-/

She met an ex boyfriend at the bar; they got in a fight. They are freshly broken up (only a week earlier). Sounds to me like the ex boyfriend of hers had a friend in there with him; he left first, then has the friend tail her out of there; either both of them, or the ex boyfriend kidnap her while she attempts to walk to a friend's mother's house nearby. Maybe the ex boyfriend thinks if she doesn't leave with him, he is clear. So he has the friend there to tail her out; and there's no telling where any of them were after they all exited the bar. Most likely the ex boyfriend and his buddy are responsible for her murder.

Interesting comments thruout

hey what do you want to bet that the person who did this has a vowel at the end of their last name?

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/aug/09/slain-south-lee-woman-left-tiki-bar-shortly-death-/

Yes, this is a quote from a comment #10 which is found in the link above at the bottom of the article in the comment section. (I removed the poster's online name to quote the post.

"#10 Posted by _______ on August 10, 2008 at 8:07 a.m. (Suggest removal)

hey what do you want to bet that the person who did this has a vowel at the end of their last name?"

Maybe the person who posted the vowel comment at the end of the news article knows the people mentioned in the article. Several of the names, both first and last names, mentioned end with vowels, including even the victim's last name.

Losing an ear is common in a dog attack. And there have been cases where guys have sicked dogs on women. Sure makes me go Hmmmmm. It will be interesting to see what the autopsy says. One thing is for sure, whatever happened probably didn't happen where she was left. No one heard anything. Running her over could have been a final screw you b*tch. And the vehicle she was transported in must be soaked in blood. What an absolute horrible way to pass on.

I wonder if the perp hit her with this truck reported?

If it was dark, doubtful the news carriers helping would have been able to see damage or blood on a vehicle. Hopefully they find a truck with some body damage if this is the case. can't imagine how her ear was seperated, but could it possibly be from a hit and run?

Perhaps that's why the truck was waiting around...maybe the person didn't even know Tia...felt awful (possibly intoxicated and knew they would go away for manslaughter)...panicked and was thinking. If Tia was still sitting up, it's so hard for me to believe the incident was much before that. I can't imagine sitting up for too long after fatal injuries.

Then again, if it was planned, does the usual carrier (I believe just one of them) travel the same route each day, at the same time?

Could the person have lived in the neighborhood, known this, and planned on it? Could explain why she was in the middle of the road...perhaps the perp didn't intend for her to die...intended for her to be found (knowing she wouldn't turn him/her in for fear of further harm) but her small frame could have made the injuries more lethal.

Just a couple of thoughts. (maybe she was intoxicated as well? Could account for decreased awareness...perhaps the attack took her off guard and she didn't have time to scream.)

The bed of a truck could have been lined with disposable plastic, too =P

One of her friends has pit bulls. I am not accusing this person, but it made me wonder...

http://news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll...115/808090487/1075&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

Tia Poklemba’s friends remember her as a young woman who was a firecracker, feisty and full of life.

They said the 25-year-old considered herself invincible, despite her small frame.

That’s why friends are wondering what could have gone wrong early Friday morning when a dying Poklemba was found on a dark and empty San Carlos Park street.

“She wouldn’t let anybody hurt her like that. She just thought she was 10 feet tall,” said Brittany Keller, 20.

Like Poklemba, Keller carried a pocket knife for protection.

It was always in her left pocket, but I guess it didn’t do her any good,” Keller said.

After reading the article, I'm almost leaning towards being hit by a car and being dragged.

The "clumps of hair" the extensive nature of the injuries, the blood pool about 10 feet away suggest it could've been a hit and run (although after the person hit her it sounds like they got out and sat her up?). The clothing is bothering me but I guess being dragged by a car could cause that.

Poor thing. I hate to think of how she suffered...

I begin to wonder did she pull the knife out on her attack and they somehow get it from her and use that to cut of her ear?

Good thought.

Perhaps the attacker was angered that she even tried to defend herself (if she did/could) if the original intent was rape and/or robbery and not personal.

I'm sure autopsy will reveal if she had defensive wounds on her arms/hands.

I was thinking it could have been a hit and run, too, but it was on a dead end street, right? How fast could you have hit someone on a small residential street and no neighbors hear anything? And wouldn't her ear be found somewhere on the street (sorry to sound morbid)?

A guy hit a tree in our front yard a month ago... our front yard is huge and part of the 3.5 acres of our property. It was a loud "BAM" and my fiance and I were half asleep and we both got up to see what happened. I'm not comparing this to hitting a tree, but if it was a hit and run, some loud noise would've been made, even if the screeching of the tires. Maybe I am just the nosey type, but I almost always look out my window or go outside when I hear a loud noise. (Or I have my fiance check it out).

I do know that once there was a story of a man who was so drunk that he hit a little kid and didn't even notice. He came home and his wife went out to check on him and passed out, as the little boy was embedded into the grill of his car.
I guess it's possible that she was hit somewhere else and got caught underneath the car and was dragged for a while with the driver not fully aware of "what" they hit.

This just seems more gruesome, though, than a hit and run ... but anything is possible.

I have seen dragging victims and it is indeed a gruesome and unforgettable sight. Listening to the description of this young woman (but I have not seen any autopsy photos or the like) it sounds as though she was dragged. It explains the missing ear, the "hole" in her shoulder, her missing hair and the condition of her clothing. She possibly got tangled in a seatbelt, while either pushed from a vehicle or attempting to escape.

LE never found the ear anywhere around the scene? Would it still be on the car somewhere? As for her pocketknife, if she was wearing a dress, then she would have put the knife in her purse or bag. Is the dead end street she was found on, a street she knew anyone on or would have passed walking towards her friend's mother's house when she left the bar?
I agree with those who say if she was hit on that street it would have been loud; then again one didn't notice anything until 5am when they got up to walk the dog, so they must be sound sleepers. You'd think people would have woken up with all the commotion that followed the 911 call at 2:39am. There was a pool of blood in a driveway around 5 to 10 ft away from where she was found. Would she have been hit there, and then dragged? Hopefully LE can find the gold/beige pick up truck that left the scene when the newspaper deliverers found her.

There may have not been a purse.

Like Poklemba, Keller carried a pocket knife for protection.

“It was always in her left pocket, but I guess it didn’t do her any good,” Keller said.
There is also a link to the bar video at the above URL.

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080809/NEWS0115/808090487/1115/NEWS0119

Another article

http://m.naplesnews.com/news/2008/aug/09/slain-south-lee-woman-left-tiki-bar-shortly-death-/

Stephen “Bodie” McCarty, managing partner of Tiki Bar, said he doesn’t know whether Poklemba was at his bar.

He said deputies came by Friday to speak with patrons.

“As far as I know, no one saw her, knew her,” McCarty said.

But Schaub heard that someone followed Poklemba out of the bar.

A co-worker at the California Pizza Kitchen heard her in an argument with someone over the phone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back