GUILTY FL - Tia Poklemba, 25, found dying on street, San Carlos Park, 8 Aug 2008

I emailed Greta, hoping she could get some coverage for this. I realize that the Caylee Case and the Nancy Cooper case are getting a lot of attention right now -- and rightfully so -- I just wish there was move coverage for other cases, too. :(
This poor girl suffered terribly and her parents continue to suffer as they wait for answers. Prayers to them all.

I agree with those who say if she was hit on that street it would have been loud; then again one didn't notice anything until 5am when they got up to walk the dog, so they must be sound sleepers. You'd think people would have woken up with all the commotion that followed the 911 call at 2:39am. There was a pool of blood in a driveway around 5 to 10 ft away from where she was found. Would she have been hit there, and then dragged? Hopefully LE can find the gold/beige pick up truck that left the scene when the newspaper deliverers found her.

Another neighbor reported that the only thing she remembered was the dog wanting out at around 11pm. Sounds like it was a potty thing. So why didn't anyone's dog bark.

However, early one morning, a guy sideswiped a car and ran down my neighbors tree about 75 feet from me, the cops showed up and everything. My dogs who bark at everything, didn't bark and I didn't wake up.

Also, where is her car? It sounds like she wasn't driving it because of the DUI arrests. But it would be nice to know how her car plays in. A friend stated she wasn't sure why Tia was walking.

if she was walking, it makes more sense that she could've been hit by a car. Still would like to know how this location where she was found relates to where her friends live, where she lives and perhaps where she was that night. Hopefully there are cell phone records or witnesses somewhere.

And hopefully, LE releases the cause of death.

updated story but nothing new that I can see.

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080811/NEWS0115/808090487

"
Since Poklemba’s death, her sister Shayna has created a Facebook.com group called, Please help us find Tia’s killer!!

“We really need your help to find the monster that killed Tia. For all of you that didn’t know her she was so full of life & happy, a real free spirit. Heaven’s really lucky to have her,” Shayna Poklemba wrote on the page.

By Sunday, the group included 271 members and was growing."

SOUTHWEST FLORIDA - A grieving mother is speaking out, seeking justice in her daughter's murder. She hopes you will be able to crack the case and help investigators make an arrest.

Debra Poklemba says the monster who brutally murdered her daughter, 25-year-old Tia Poklemba, is out there and needs to be brought to justice.

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/26847974.html

Debbie Poklemba says the murder investigation has turned the family's world upside-down.
"She had this giant heart. She was fun. She was adorable," Poklemba said.
But Tia's mother says the killer left her adorable daughter so brutally maimed, she's was unrecognizable.
"My friend that's taking care of her at the funeral home started this morning and won't be done getting her cleaned up for us to look at her until tomorrow afternoon. That's how horrid a mess they've done to my baby," said Poklemba.
Police reports say Tia was found by a mail carrier. They state she was bloody, badly beat up and barely breathing in the middle of a dead end street in San Carlos early Friday morning after a night out at the bar.
"Everything they said in the paper that he did to my daughter, he did worse. It's just the most horrible thing in the world," said Poklemba.

http://www.nbc-2.com/Articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=20993&z=3

Asked if they had any suspicions days before Tia died, the three women seemed at a loss for words. Nothing was unusual about the past week, they said.
“She had a new job,” Debbie said.
“She had a cold,” Shayna added.
They remembered Tia’s signature line during phone conversations. During goodbyes, when one would say “I love you,” she unfailingly responded, “I love you more.”

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/aug/11/family-woman-left-dead-wants-monster-caught/

Interesting comment here, and makes some good points.

ASH2007 wrote:

Some things to me just do not make sense. I have read the word rape and have also heard that the guy 'threw her' from the car, also from knowing Tia, she was a fighter. Somewhere along the line Tia ended up in a position she did not want to be in and started fighting back. How could the guy in the midst of hurting her, be driving the vehicle at the same time and be able to throw her from it? The owner of the bar says that the guy “looks” like one of their bartenders and he was just there at the bar watching TV. Let me tell you, if the owner of the bar is present, then he knows every person in the bar, maybe not personally, but he is watching everyone!! This owner says that he does not remember seeing Tia or the “Person of Interest” that night, how could he have not seen them? Look at the video and still pictures, from what I saw, it looks like they were the only people there! Come on, Mr. Owner, you own a little tiki bar behind a motel, not a full-swing jam-packed nightclub!
8/12/2008 2:38:24 PM
http://news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080812/NEWS0115/808120385

Given that her last words were "with friends," it could be someone who she knew only through friends--though not necessarily with the friends that night. Wonder if any group of friends had recently introduced her to someone....

Given that her last words were "with friends," it could be someone who she knew only through friends--though not necessarily with the friends that night. Wonder if any group of friends had recently introduced her to someone....

I wonder how accurate that quote is? I know I read that her ex-boyfriend was there earlier, but he supposedly left. "With friends" is plural.

Were there other friends at the bar with her that night? I am trying to picture it, she is sitting at the bar drinking with some man and no friends go up to her to talk? None of them angle for an introduction? I know they probably figured she was savvy enough to take care of herself. But a group of girls in a bar at least one almost always gets interested in who the new guy is. This case reminds me a lot of the Julie Popovich case. I wonder if she was seen appearing to be very drunk that night?

Also, I think the bar owner's alleged remark is strange. This is a brutal murder, and he compares the POI on the video to his bartender? He has been questioned by LE. If he says anything this bad about an employee to the public, it could come back to hurt the business if they don't get prosecuted. If he denies it is an employee and it later turns out that it was, it could hurt the business. So is this an indirect way to point at someone, cover his bases both ways? Or is he just a jerk?

Mysteriew,

I'm starting to think that there's more to this case than meets the eye - no national coverage. I still think she may have meant "boyfriend" but because of her injuries (perhaps lungs filling), it was hard to understand.

National media coverage is pretty well being taken up by the Rockefeller case, lol. Besides national media coverage is overrated, unless there is a chance the person responsible has run away. Or in cases where the local LE is lackadaisical.

Police don't seem to be talking, or at least local media isn't writing about it. But a lot of times that means that LE is close to a suspect and don't want to spook him. I believe they are doing more behind the scenes. I first suspected the ex BF, and still haven't seen anything that really says it wasn't him. But the bar owner has me puzzled. Somehow I get a sense that he knows more than what he is saying publicly.

I mean a girl was last seen alive in his bar. He has to have more concern than what he is showing. I mean even if he is cold enough to not care about the death of someone in his bar, this could ruin the rep of his bar and I think that would concern him. His comment about the bartender puzzles me. You don't mention something that could throw suspicion toward a friend or aquaintance, unless you suspect them... or are trying to divert attention away from yourself.

We aren't hearing from people at the bar that night, the people that saw her, saw who she was talking to and saw what was happening in the bar. But I trust that LE is interviewing them. From what I have read, this seems to be a small bar. Which means that many of them know each other.

Such a horrible story, I was so hopeful they would have some news on her killer by now.

National media coverage is pretty well being taken up by the Rockefeller case, lol. Besides national media coverage is overrated, unless there is a chance the person responsible has run away. Or in cases where the local LE is lackadaisical.

I have to disagree ... national media cover is being taken up by the Caylee and Casey Anthony case. Just look at the forum here. That is where most everyone is all the time these days! :(

National media attention is VERY important, I believe.
It helps keep the pressure on the suspects and persons of interest.
Look at Laci Peterson and all the coverage that case got versus the little attention that Janet Abaroa's case got, and the lack of attention to many cases that seem to go unsolved.
Getting more media attention promotes awareness and keeps the cases in the spotlight.
National media attention is definitely NOT overrated!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back