GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got home from the vigil and the viewing....I am forever changed as a mother and a human being. What I saw tonight will never ever leave me. There are no words.....

I just posted when I got home as well, and I said the exact same thing..there are no words. I was at the viewing only, I did not go to the vigil, but I heard from friends that it was very unorganized and more of a pat on the back for LE than it was an actual memorial..did you come away feeling the same?

Since he didn't take a plea. If he is found guilty of murder, then can the state charge him with the death penalty?

What? he did not offer a plea yet . . . but his atty indicated it will be Not Guilty at such time his is fully charged.

The State will not charge him with the death penalty -- that is the punishment for the crime, not the charge the DA will eventually try him on.

O/T, but, my husband died in an accident a few years ago, and, while the funeral home did really amazing work, he was not fit for an open casket viewing.

It's possible they are having a visitation, with a closed casket, where people simply pop in and spend a few minutes giving condolences to the family.

There was a public viewing at the funeral home tonight and it turned out to be open casket..... A big part of me wishes I never saw what I saw.

Thank you. Can the state ask for the death penalty if he convicted on some other charge other than murder?

I think we have a general SARS Q & A thread somewhere. I should pull it up and link it.

That would be super. I know we went in depth with Lisa & Caylee . . . we have some awesome experts posting in this forum.

But unless LE releases information, it is all just objective info not specific to this case.

Does GA have certain requirements that have to be met in order for the DP to be applied,like agg circumstances have to out weigh mitigating circumstances..-right or
did I get that wrong??LOL

Thank you. Can the state ask for the death penalty if he convicted on some other charge other than murder?

Charges where if convicted that the state of GA can seek DP.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/crimes-punishable-death-penalty

Georgia - Murder; kidnapping with bodily injury or ransom when the victim dies; aircraft hijacking; treason.

ETA: He hasn't been formally charged yet, so I can't speculate as to what possible sentence GA might seek. JMHO

Does GA have certain requirements that have to be met in order for the DP to be applied,like agg circumstances have to out weigh mitigating circumstances..-right or
did I get that wrong??LOL

Thanks. That is what I am trying to ask.

There was a public viewing at the funeral home tonight and it turned out to be open casket..... A big part of me wishes I never saw what I saw.
I can't unring that bell either! for me it was a 9 month old boy.
This may sound rude and I don't mean for it to be... but Thanks for taking one for the team. I'm in tears for you right now because I just can't go to children's funerals viewing funerals or anything now that I'm a mom! BUT if ya need someone to vent to ever! I'm a nurse and I can type about it! (you know where to find me!)
:grouphug:
~gngr

Does anyone please have a link to warrant or court paper? I don't remember what I saw. But I think it is saying he is accused of causing the death with blunt force trauma to the head. I was surprised that was all that was on there? No sexual assault? No kidnapping? No binding? No beating?I guess they are now waiting for all the evidence to come in and fit the peices together.I'm thinking maybe something,some evidence came back that what ever caused the blunt trama to her head to kill her is directly connected to RB.The weapon was connected to him?fingerprints?something.This I believe is what will get him convicted because it caused her death.I'm waiting for more evidence to come in to prove to me he killed her.I'm starting to think he did.

well, I would check the GA statutes for Crime (OCGA 16-5-1) to see what qualifies for GA DP. Here is a source I found by googling it:

http://theodomlawfirm.com/homicide.html - hope it answers your questions

However, I am not condemning RB to death when we have no proof he did this ! And also without a trial ! This is America, you know . . .

Again, he shares an apartment with a guy who's mother manages an apt complex which has a series of complaints over the past few years . . . Ryan searched! He passed out flyers! Where were the roommate & his mother, the Manager of the complex.

I just got home from the vigil and the viewing....I am forever changed as a mother and a human being. What I saw tonight will never ever leave me. There are no words.....

That is exactly how I felt coming home from Tyler's vigil . . .

Does anyone please have a link to warrant or court paper? I don't remember what I saw. But I think it is saying he is accused of causing the death with blunt force trauma to the head. I was surprised that was all that was on there? No sexual assault? No kidnapping? No binding? No beating?I guess they are now waiting for all the evidence to come in and fit the peices together.I'm thinking maybe something,some evidence came back that what ever caused the blunt trama to her head to kill her is directly connected to RB.The weapon was connected to him?fingerprints?something.This I believe is what will get him convicted because it caused her death.I'm waiting for more evidence to come in to prove to me he killed her.I'm starting to think he did.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...ling/nFwjb//&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13234852214971

well, I would check the GA statutes for Crime (OCGA 16-5-1) to see what qualifies for GA DP. Here is a source I found by googling it:

http://theodomlawfirm.com/homicide.html - hope it answers your questions

However, I am not condemning RB to death when we have no proof he did this ! And also without a trial ! This is America, you know . . .

Again, he shares an apartment with a guy who's mother manages an apt complex which has a a series of complaints over the past few years . . . Ryan searched! He passed out flyers! Where were the roommate & his mother, the Manager of the complex.

Oh I am not condemning him to the DP and I don 't think the other poster was either-I think they were just asking if there were certain requirements that have to be met in order to have it applied!

just came back from the funeral home. We were not sure if we were going to attend the vigil or the viewing, but once we got closer the funeral home had pleanty of parking and the line was already long, so we parked and got in line.

I am not sure what to share and what not to share. There was a slide show playing in one room, and this child was definately loved. Birthday cakes, halloween costumes, Christmas dresses, there were pictures of every single important moment, she looked so happy and well cared for in all of them.

It was, in fact, and open casket. I was surprised at this. My daughters did not go in the room with me where the casket was laid. They waited outside that room for me to go through. My daughter hugged Jorelys' mother, her mother thanked us and gave my daughter a kiss on her head. She was holding herself together. My heart goes out to her.

There were many teddy bears and flowers left for her, a very long line of people passing through.

My close friend went to the vigil and said it was not near the loving memorial experience that it should have been, she said it had the vibe of "a hooray for LE" celebration. She felt very dissappointed with the vigil. I am glad we went to the viewing instead of the vigil, glad we were able to offer our condolences, glad the community was out in force. I know that it will never make enough of a difference to heal this family, nothing will ever be enough...there really are no words.

I was at the vigil and the viewing after and experienced the same things. I also felt the same way about the vigil. It seemed more like a public awareness rally than to honor Jorelys. Very little talk about her.... disapointing. I am glad I left my 13 yr old daughter outside the room with the open casket.....

I hope there were lots of people there and that her family felt the love and concern. Someone posted that she looked like an angel sleeping. And I think that is what she is--an angel. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleAnimalGirl