GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to you too ((((((())))))))) yes very tragic case :-( I am just back from vacay at the beach and the heat is no joke

Well, I hope you are well rested...and had a great time! It gets hairy in here late at night;) and you're gonna need your energy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abortion comments are listed as "one year ago". So after little Cooper was born

This is what I gather from the account. Blazing insecurity and needs to be the "man." Needs to point out the he develops for a fortune 500 company, women are lesser than, needs to impress with vast sports knowledge, not too fond of police, answers as if he's authority and in the know, big ego.

Reminds me of A LOT of men who commit Crimes involving children or wives.

Your comments reminded me of something a professor in one of my classes said, many times. She was (is) a really smart, savvy, strong woman -- a great mentor. She had extensive experience in HR, and an uncanny knack for "reading" people. She said that if a person has to keep giving you their resume (as in, always stating all their accomplishments), that's a giant red flag --- not just in a professional sense, but personal, as well.

This is what I gather from the account. Blazing insecurity and needs to be the "man." Needs to point out the he develops for a fortune 500 company, women are lesser than, needs to impress with vast sports knowledge, not too fond of police, answers as if he's authority and in the know, big ego.

Sounds a lot like a typical narcisst to me.
moo

She wouldn't bring Cooper back to this selfish world? What was the context of her stating this? Naturally a deceased child can't be brought back to life so I'm trying to understand within what context was she saying this?

Her only child is dead,
She's relying on her faith to get her through.
She probably has no idea what she's saying...it's pouring out of her & she's in some sort of denial. Which is normal.

Look at the photo in the video at 2:08. His head sticks out at the top of the carseat. How could his Dad not see him in the car when the seat sits so far up between the seats?

The red carseat? His head is no where near over the top of the seat. There is a black fabric that his head is on and then it goes back to red. I can also see a shadow above his head maybe from a canopy to shield the sun? Either way it looks like there was a lot of seat around him. If his head came over he would h he would have been way to big for the seat all around and you would be able to tell on the sides as well.
Just my opinion

Sounds a lot like a typical narcisst to me.
moo

^^^^yes, that.

Gotta be more personality disordered to roast your own child though...on purpose.

Psychopath....comes to mind.

IMO

Well, I hope you are well rested...and had a great time! It gets hairy in here late at night;) and you're gonna need your energy!

:floorlaugh:

Katy - that's a very odd statement by a "grieving mom". I would be wanting my baby alive and back with me AND I would be angry at husband UNLESS maybe I was privy to plan all along then her comments and actions make perfect sense.

I bet she has already moved back to Tuscaloosa to avoid answering Cobb Police and media but she can't hide forever. This has become THE national case.

Also interesting that mommy hasn't publicly made a statement defending husband if she indeed thinks he's innocent. Strange that no attorney has tried to stop the bleeding.

Appears Cobb County Police waited until today to release the bombshell which fumigated the rats.
BBM

Sorry, LM ; I've been away today and will be again tomorrow ; was there something I missed as far as new revelations ?
Maybe just link me over to the right thread ?

The abortion posts were definitely after baby was born. Give me a min and I will check.

Posts on Reddit re: abortion, many are under 1 y mark for sure, as I did a time filter on his posts.... He has strong opinions (pro-life), but didn't strike me as extreme in terms of his commitment to them...

His Reddit account is really dull and I've given up! Mostly indecipherable football speak. He is thoroughly obsessed with football, and probably music is a close second. He seems to love and be proud of his job at Home Depot.

Mentioned wanting a 4 bedroom house minimum. Wanted to get an MBA one day.

Talked about many different careers (football coach? "police enforcement" (--this was dispatcher, we know). Says he makes $61k but also that he has tons of student loans from graduating 2012. (Possible motive?)

All and all his Reddit is not that revealing. His interests and aspirations, while nothing like what I might want, appear so normal as to be banal. That said, we have to remember that lots of people who commit crimes want the same things as we do--the difference is the means...

Only thing that stuck out for me, which another poster also mentioned (I forget who--sorry!!) was the recent (within 4 months) conversation he initiated on Reddit about meteorology and how to know which weather model was reliable. This stuck out because I don't think he started any other threads, only commented on existing ones. He initiated this 4 months ago, so it's fairly recent. And also because his baby died on the hottest day of the year, after he researched how hot it had to be to die in a car.

I've been following this case but haven't posted yet, mainly because I haven't had anything to say which wouldn't result in a ban or time out.

Posts on Reddit re: abortion, many are under 1 y mark for sure, as I did a time filter on his posts.... He has strong opinions (pro-life), but didn't strike me as extreme in terms of his commitment to them...

His Reddit account is really dull and I've given up! Mostly indecipherable football speak. He is thoroughly obsessed with football, and probably music is a close second. He seems to love and be proud of his job at Home Depot.

Mentioned wanting a 4 bedroom house minimum. Wanted to get an MBA one day.

Talked about many different careers (football coach? "police enforcement" (--this was dispatcher, we know). Says he makes $61k but also that he has tons of student loans from graduating 2012. (Possible motive?)

All and all his Reddit is not that revealing. His interests and aspirations, while nothing like what I might want, appear so normal as to be banal. That said, we have to remember that lots of people who commit crimes want the same things as we do--the difference is the means...

Only thing that stuck out for me, which another poster also mentioned (I forget who--sorry!!) was the recent (within 4 months) conversation he initiated on Reddit about meteorology and how to know which weather model was reliable. This stuck out because I don't think he started any other threads, only commented on existing ones. He initiated this 4 months ago, so it's fairly recent. And also because his baby died on the hottest day of the year, after he researched how hot it had to be to die in a car.

He did two AMA (Ask me Anything) threads two years ago or so. One on his football officiating, the other on witnessing the Tuscaloosa tornado. Neither got more than a handful of questions in response.

Well what you think you would do in this situation and what you actually do are two very different thinks take it from me. Something takes over. I know it did for me and I still don't know how I got through it and was lucky to find enough to find some peace and have a happy life today. Probably a mixture of going back and forth between disbelief, shock, depression and denial. I didn't bury a child though so I can't begin to think about the sorrow this women feels. I know many are shocked and upset over her statements but she is still a human being suffering the loss of her child and had to follow a coffin out of her hometown church just a few hours ago. At least for today, out of respect for little Coopetr whom ever wants justice for, can we just not bash his mother as she watches them lower his body into the ground. Its been a little over a week. She is most likely taking sedatives, especially today. She is clinging to her faith on what's got to be the hardest time in her life. Who knows if she will feel this way next week or the week after. Lets just wait and see....

Thank you for this post. It is so easy to see the truth from the more objective sidelines. It is ridiculously hard from inside the game. This lady lost her son and the man she married, who she loves, who was at her side as they tried for years to have a child, who she has watched help raise their boy for 22 months, stands accused of his death, the same man who countless people are saying is a wonderful man and father. I think the only way we could expect her to embrace the truth, to reject him or even to have suspicions at all, for that matter, at this stage of the game, would be if she already had Misgivings about him prior to this horrible tragedy. And it doesn't look like she did.

When you know someone well, or you think you do, it can be almost impossible to accept that they are evil if you never knew them as Such.

And I agree wholeheartedly with you that today is the worst day of her life. She must be beside herself with grief. I never understood blaming or not having compassion for and patience with the victims.

Meant to add - If you use the Alien Blue mobile reddit reader you can divide his stuff into comments vs. posts.

I laughed over one thread he started - complaining about his package taking four days via USPS and what good are they. Several called him out on it, ie, "oh, I have a bad experience, better shut the whole thing down!" Or "so immediately you go complain to the internet". Lol.

I've just reread some of his reddit comments.

I don't like the guy, but to be fair, he refers to his employer as a Fortune 50 (not 500) company in several posts.

He supported an all female referee crew for a college football game back in 2013, so I don't think he necessarily believes that women are inferior to men.

I've been following this case but haven't posted yet, mainly because I haven't had anything to say which wouldn't result in a ban or time out.

Ditto.

I've been lurking since the beginning, too. I'm really impressed with the research and discussion happening in this case. I also have a deep fascination with fundamentalist Christians so seeing that come into play here is both fascinating and hugely disturbing.

And people who have egos so big and twisted that they feel they are above getting caught with a crime. There seems to be a disconnect between these types. It is as if they are so convinced that they are smarter and more important than anyone else that they won't get caught in their schemes. Also, IMO only someone with a very grand opinion of themselves would shift the attention from their child's funeral and call in and address everyone, knowing it would all be part of the media's reporting.

She wouldn't bring Cooper back to this selfish world? What was the context of her stating this? Naturally a deceased child can't be brought back to life so I'm trying to understand within what context was she saying this?

Exact comment from WSB TV 2 female reporter who was in Tuscaloosa and allowed to attend the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Ed